xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Trope95 : Zaton from DS, had even to cut out the Discord Patreon link about 8 months ago, and I think that gwalc suggestion is a good one , since outsourcing is so popular..
anyway just happy that it got solved so fast !
Congratz !

Reactions: motseer and Trope95

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Trope95 : Zaton from DS, had even to cut out the Discord Patreon link about 8 months ago, and I think that gwalc suggestion is a good one , since outsourcing is so popular..
anyway just happy that it got solved so fast !
Congratz !
I cut the link to Discord too at that same time. They said that things posted on a dev's Discord by players could get the page banned if the Discord was linked to Patreon. Total madness.

I used gwalc post for the OP.

divingmedic

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2023
I know it's a "pirate" site but, I would love to see F95 provide a simple "contribution" option. I've never been a fan of "solicitor" sites like patreon or even Steam and I use them as seldom as possible.
I see some devs have "Buy me a coffee" think that is a one time donation site, not sure though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trope95 and motseer

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I see some devs have "Buy me a coffee" think that is a one time donation site, not sure though.
Buy Me a Coffee is a one-time donation site (although you can subscribe to recurring payments), but it isn't an option either, they deactivated my account because they don't support adult games, even if the description of my page is:
1720822610145.png

Issikka

Jan 27, 2022
I will only send them the receipts for toilet paper. I need a ton of rolls to clean that bullshit from my retinas :D
If it were me, I'd send them receipts for item combinations that are liable to cause concern.
Duct tape, knife and a shovel.
Dog treats, anal lube and a baseball bat.
Draino, syringe + needles and a body bag.

But then again, I am a bit off the wall even at the best of times...

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You fricken serious them to :mad: I just told someone to set up one for tips WTH
1720823871425.png
1720823935337.png
I contacted them the same day (May 21st). I still haven't got an answer, although I wrote them several more times.
They didn't even comply with what they said, since instead of refunding the supporters, they sent the balance to my bank account...

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
View attachment 3825905
View attachment 3825909
I contacted them the same day (May 21st). I still haven't got an answer, although I wrote them several more times.
They didn't even comply with what they said, since instead of refunding the supporters, they sent the balance to my bank account...
Unfortunately a global platform gives "clearing house" sites a huge base to draw from so, they are able to dictate to or shun anything that their lawyers tell them could involve liabilities. Most of them have some sort of agenda of their own and take a pretty big piece of the pie for their marginal services. I have always refused to feed the beast which is why I rely on sites like F95. I don't mind waiting a bit longer and my skin is too thick to be insulted as a "freeloader". Itch.io is one of a very few sites that offer an option to just "donate" and AFIK they take a reasonable percentage for their service. I think something like that would work well on F95 as well. It's already self supporting and taking 10% to handle the transfer of donations would be a great service and only add to the coffers.

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I know it's a "pirate" site but, I would love to see F95 provide a simple "contribution" option. I've never been a fan of "solicitor" sites like patreon or even Steam and I use them as seldom as possible.
I think one of the reasons Pigtreon and similar sites feel enabled/pressured into censoring creativity is that they are set up as a $$ intermediary. I imagine this takes a lot of vetting, oversight, and secure software to make it work and without those resources they would quickly be seen (correctly) as a risky site to give payment info to.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any site that tries to set up a platform for the exchange of $$ (support) will eventually become beholden to the whims of the tech & financial companies needed to do so. Unless/until someone develops a true, lasting solution for free adults to make purchases/donations privately, I don't think it is a great idea for sites like this to take that on. It might work for a while, but eventually the assholes would come a 'callin and start making demands under threat of cutting the services that the site is now at least somewhat dependent on. If Shitreon suddenly was unable to transfer $$ from supporters to creators, would anyone ever visit their site again? I don't really want that to happen here.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I think one of the reasons Pigtreon and similar sites feel enabled/pressured into censoring creativity is that they are set up as a $$ intermediary. I imagine this takes a lot of vetting, oversight, and secure software to make it work and without those resources they would quickly be seen (correctly) as a risky site to give payment info to.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any site that tries to set up a platform for the exchange of $$ (support) will eventually become beholden to the whims of the tech & financial companies needed to do so. Unless/until someone develops a true, lasting solution for free adults to make purchases/donations privately, I don't think it is a great idea for sites like this to take that on. It might work for a while, but eventually the assholes would come a 'callin and start making demands under threat of cutting the services that the site is now at least somewhat dependent on. If Shitreon suddenly was unable to transfer $$ from supporters to creators, would anyone ever visit their site again? I don't really want that to happen here.
Unfortunately you are probably right. The back breaker is the entities that control digital transactions. Their ability to monopolize puts them in a position to dictate terms to those who use the service. You can't do business if you aren't allowed to use the tools of business. The real culprits are the banks and lenders. Even once high minded entities like pay pal have succumbed.

Edit: When you mention "a risky site to give payment info to", don't think for a second that the credit brokers don't peddle your personal info because they most certainly do.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Just more proof that it's time to cut Patreon and move on with other payment platforms, whatever they may be. Perhaps if they feel just enough of a sting in their profit margins, they'll start to reconsider. If not: adieu.
Unfortunately they will all get to the same place eventually, at least until someone can figure out how to cut Visa/Mastercard out of the equation....

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes