shadowskill11

Oct 23, 2017
I mean.. have you not read the story to know who he is and how he is?... aside from it also being a kind of realistic culturist stereotypical trope of how certain people are, its pretty on point.
How is that? Last I heard everyone loves fried chicken. That statement makes as much sense as saying it seems like all child predators are white people so all white people must molest kids.

Reactions: Trope95

shadowskill11

Oct 23, 2017
It's just a joke about the trope. Jamaal is known to be a glutton, and there are some jokes about it during the party.
Remember I'm not American, so that trope about black people and fried chicken means nothing to me. And My Dorm can be accused of a lot of things, but not of being a racist game.
Hmm... okay I'll accept that answer but there should be a joke about one of the women not seasoning their food or adding something unnecessary to the potato salad like raisins. :D

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Hmm... okay I'll accept that answer but there should be a joke about one of the women not seasoning their food or adding something unnecessary to the potato salad like raisins. :D
There have been a lot of jokes about a woman adding something unneeded to food:
* Meemaw adds coal. Or the food becomes coal when she cooks it.
* Scarlett adds something that makes her spaghetti a great construction material.
* Betty doesn't have time to add anything before gobbling it. :ROFLMAO:

Jokes apart, I didn't know about any of those tropes you name.

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
So, Trope95, mister "I learned a new word". Heh, I couldn't even figure this one out in context.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hahaha, seriously? Palliate. Tell me you weren't just showin' off... Jus' Sayin':cool:
In Spanish, we have the word "paliar" with the same meaning and it's common. So when I translated the game, I learned the equivalent in English.
And I wasn't joking. When I looked for "thespian", I discovered it meant "actor".

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
There have been a lot of jokes about a woman adding something unneeded to food:
* Meemaw adds coal. Or the food becomes coal when she cooks it.
* Scarlett adds something that makes her spaghetti a great construction material.
* Betty doesn't have time to add anything before gobbling it. :ROFLMAO:

Jokes apart, I didn't know any of those tropes.
That's because they're talking about American local stereotypes, the kind the vast majority of people outside of American won't know about, unless you watch a lot of their media, and even then.

They're kinda coming across as a tad entitled. Not everyone is American.
Reminds me of a post that was going around the internet where a bartender was telling this story about severing this guy who was 18 and some American commented complaining because the drinking age is 21 in all American states. The original poster was happy to announce he is from one of the few countries in the world that aren't America.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
That's because they're talking about American local stereotypes, the kind the vast majority of people outside of American won't know about, unless you watch a lot of their media, and even then.
Not quite that either - more like Euro stereotypes of American stereotypes. But it's not like you're missing out if any of that goes over your head. :)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021

Reminds me of a post that was going around the internet where a bartender was telling this story about severing this guy who was 18 and some American commented complaining because the drinking age is 21 in all American states. The original poster was happy to announce he is from one of the few countries in the world that aren't America.
OK, that was funny. Now... I am really not picking on you... and, even though I'm an American, I'm about as far from "entitlement" as it gets. But, I can't help myself here... I have to say it... I hope they didn't really "sever" that poor 18 yr old in your story... again, Jus' Sayin':cool::p

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022

I have a great story about Americans only knowing about America. I know not everyone is like that, but when it happened I couldn't give credit.
1993, my first visit to Paris with a couple of friends when I was 20. None of us spoke French. We could understand it if written (too similar to Catalan) but couldn't speak it beyond "Bonjour" and "Merci". We were on our third or fourth day, in the queue for the Louvre, where there was a special show on Medieval maps. We heard two guys in their late 20s speaking English behind us. One of my friends (the one with the best English level then) turned around and started to talk with them. They were American, from Georgia.
Some minutes later, when we told them we were from Spain, one of them told us "You are far from home". I told them we were the country next door to France and showed him a flyer with a Medieval map. "Here's Paris, and here's Barcelona". "Where is America, so I can get some references?" he answered. "It's a Medieval map", I told him. "And?" was his answer. His friend answered for me (I guess my face was showing some frustration then). "They still hadn't discovered us".

I'll repeat it: I know not all American people are like that guy, but he was the stereotypical one. But it's a great story to tell when someone talks about the goodness of the American educative system.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I have a great story about Americans only knowing about America. I know not everyone is like that, but when it happened I couldn't give credit.
1993, my first visit to Paris with a couple of friends when I was 20. None of us spoke French. We could understand it if written (too similar to Catalan) but couldn't speak it beyond "Bonjour" and "Merci". We were on our third or fourth day, in the queue for the Louvre, where there was a special show on Medieval maps. We heard two guys in their late 20s speaking English behind us. One of my friends (the one with the best English level then) turned around and started to talk with them. They were American, from Georgia.
Some minutes later, when we told them we were from Spain, one of them told us "You are far from home". I told them we were the country next door to France and showed him a flyer with a Medieval map. "Here's Paris, and here's Barcelona". "Where is America, so I can get some references?" he answered. "It's a Medieval map", I told him. "And?" was his answer. His friend answered for me (I guess my face was showing some frustration then). "They still hadn't discovered us".

I'll repeat it: I know not all American people are like that guy, but he was the stereotypical one. But it's a great story to tell when someone talks about the goodness of the American educative system.
Well, as Elizabeth Warren has so aptly demonstrated, even the whitest American today likely has some Native American blood. Thanks, Pocahontas.

FuhQ314

Jul 18, 2024
Bad day for My Dorm. Bad day for devs when Patreon uses f95 links as proof of incest
View attachment 3814970
And this is why I keep telling both devs and would-be supporterss to refuse to use or quit using Patreon. Like that of Youtube's fuck their dumbass community guidelines. If people actually needed them to make an AVN (they don't, there's SS, Backed.by, Boosty, their own webpage with crypto link, etc even assuming they don't wanna use their own money like most hobbyists) they probably shouldn't bother at all (personally I'd just stay poor and go on welfare if I had to use Patreon for my income). Plenty of AVNs are on SS only and have things far worse than incest (7yo lolis, beastiality, rape, violent gorey murders with necrophilia after, etc) and make thousands every month with only Discord and lesser AVN sites with few/no rules for advertising.

Last edited:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Well, as Elizabeth Warren has so aptly demonstrated, even the whitest American today likely has some Native American blood. Thanks, Pocahontas.
Flying into Brussels for work I once got a seat next to a very old lady. She had a bad palsy and I had to help her turn her seat light on & open the plastic wrap her silverware came in for the meal (this was back when they still did that.) Anyway she'd let the stewardess know she'd need help getting off the plane so when we landed she waited for that and wished me a safe return trip home when I got up to leave. Told her "you too" and she laughed and said "I am home" thinking I was confused. I told her "not unless you live at the airport." :)
So these things can just be communication problems sometimes too.

FoolsBeGone

May 21, 2023
WTF....WTF.... Damn Fucking Woke Pieces Of Shit At Patreon All Of Them. Spying F95 For Their Damn Agenda. They All Need to Be Taken Behind The Damn Barn, So Damn Pissed
View attachment 3815030
is the link posted on patreon or did someone just report it from seeing it here. If it was reported from here and there is no link there then you have not violated their guidelines as your post there has no incest so I would jump all over Kris's ass for suspending your account when you have NOT violated there guidelines. Unless they're updating their guidelines to say that you cannot have incest in your games on ANY site in which case I think I would tell them to stick it up their ass

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes