myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Ok, I've been out of the game for a while in hospital, and I just read a little on Patreon
I think that in November or December I said that the failure was the animations.
And many of those answers are found here at f95, this is a great community and not only ideas on how to create a game are shared, but also animations.
This is another world unknown to casual players but for developers in other fields it is normal to know them ,there are two sections you should look at .

Go to forum : Programming, Development & Art in this section you can look at some things and ask for help with all your questions without fear.
The second option is to see the material in advanced videos with good animations and it is found in
Forum : Animations & loops, Here you will see animations of the best quality 5/5 that are not found in any game like the story of Lara Croft ,the best animation studio is Wildeer Studio

But don't make 4K animations for a Renpy game. Renpy still doesn't support many ways of working some animations and some creators are being greedy and their 60FPS animations are actually 5FPS animations for some players.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Trope95 and xapican

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
I don't know what engine you use, if some Maya, Blender, Unity. But the best without a doubt is Unity, it is more expensive when it comes to making investments but it is also easier to work with. Blender is fine too. I don't like Maya
Those are the three programs that I used back in the day, but I am a programmer, not an animation creator. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Trope95

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Ok, I've been out of the game for a while in hospital, and I just read a little on Patreon
I think that in November or December I said that the failure was the animations.
And many of those answers are found here at f95, this is a great community and not only ideas on how to create a game are shared, but also animations.
This is another world unknown to casual players but for developers in other fields it is normal to know them ,there are two sections you should look at .

Go to forum : Programming, Development & Art in this section you can look at some things and ask for help with all your questions without fear.
The second option is to see the material in advanced videos with good animations and it is found in
Forum : Animations & loops, Here you will see animations of the best quality 5/5 that are not found in any game like the story of Lara Croft ,the best animation studio is Wildeer Studio

But don't make 4K animations for a Renpy game. Renpy still doesn't support many ways of working some animations and some creators are being greedy and their 60FPS animations are actually 5FPS animations for some players.
First thing first, I'm happy for having you around once more and I'm glad you are feeling better.
I'll look at those sections, thanks.
The next update will have a mix of my old style animation, some new animation assets I bought, and some new animations I designed from scratch. Let's see how they are received.

Don't worry about me overdoing the animations. They will continue in 1920x1080 format and at 30 fps. The last animation I rendered was 201 frames long and it has taken about 7 hours to render (a bit over 2 minutes per frame). Increasing the number of frames or the size of every frame would multiply that time to unaffordable times.

I don't know what engine you use, if some Maya, Blender, Unity. But the best without a doubt is Unity, it is more expensive when it comes to making investments but it is also easier to work with. Blender is fine too. I don't like Maya
Those are the three programs that I used back in the day, but I am a programmer, not an animation creator. :ROFLMAO:
I animate directly in Daz Studio. All my renders are done there and I have read that exporting to Blender will change the colors because it doesn't understand iray textures and it changes a bit the tone mapping, even with scripts designed to minimize that unwanted side effect. Doing it mid-game or doing the stills in Daz and the animation with another engine is not what I want right now. Who would accept an animation where Martha's eye color changes from still to animation? Or from chapter to chapter?
For the next game, I should study the possibilities of rendering from the start in Blender or Octane, so the textures are consistent from the start.

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Talking on Discord we just discovered an interesting statistic about the hair color of girls in My Dorm with respect to real-world percentages. If someone is interested, all the girls count as her natural color, and only the girls who have shown up are counted (Meemaw hasn't been counted):
Hair ColorWorld%Caucasian%My Dorm%GirlsMy Dorm Caucasian%Caucasian Girls
Redhead
1%​
2%​
21%​
4/19​
30%​
4/13​
Blonde
3%​
6%​
5%​
1/19​
8%​
1/13​
Black
84%​
75%​
58%​
11/19​
46%​
6/13​
Brown
12%​
17%​
16%​
3/19​
15%​
2/13​

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Talking on Discord we just discovered an interesting statistic about the hair color of girls in My Dorm with respect to real-world percentages. If someone is interested, all the girls count as her natural color, and only the girls who have shown up are counted (Meemaw hasn't been counted):
Hair ColorWorld%Caucasian%My Dorm%GirlsMy Dorm Caucasian%Caucasian Girls
Redhead
1%​
2%​
21%​
4/19​
30%​
4/13​
Blonde
3%​
6%​
5%​
1/19​
8%​
1/13​
Black
84%​
75%​
58%​
11/19​
46%​
6/13​
Brown
12%​
17%​
16%​
3/19​
15%​
2/13​
Wonder what's the percentage of reds on places like Ireland? Hmmm...

As any small slice of the world population, rarely the large number percentages are reflected.

In some areas here in Portugal the Brown hair would be 100%.

So, I wouldn't read too much into the numbers. It's interesting, yes, but...

Peace :D

Reactions: Arra64

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Wonder what's the percentage of reds on places like Ireland? Hmmm...

As any small slice of the world population, rarely the large number percentages are reflected.

In some areas here in Portugal the Brown hair would be 100%.

So, I wouldn't read too much into the numbers. It's interesting, yes, but...

Peace :D
Ireland's redhead percentage is around 6%-8%, with the western Irish (non-UK) counties being around 15%
Iberian (or Balcanic) percentages break any rule due to islamic conquest
1677870704084.png
For me, the most interesting thing about the numbers is that I've always said blondes were underrepresented, and those numbers say I was wrong :D

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FatGiant

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Ireland's redhead percentage is around 6%-8%, with the western Irish (non-UK) counties being around 15%
Iberian (or Balcanic) percentages break any rule due to islamic conquest
View attachment 2435345
For me, the most interesting thing about the numbers is that I've always said blondes were underrepresented, and those numbers say I was wrong :D
You know what all this means don't you?

You NEED top give us girls with brightly coloured dyed hair; blues, greens, purples, all that good stuff

Trope95

Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
You know what all this means don't you?

You NEED top give us girls with brightly coloured dyed hair; blues, greens, purples, all that good stuff
I'm not a fan of blue/green/purple/etc colored hair. Right now we have one, but she will return to her natural color sooner rather than later, as it's linked with her story

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 101 Votes