Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 11] [CeLaVie Group]

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
I agree with you. However some reviews are based upon episode 1 that is released for the highest Tiers at Patreon. Historically my games have always had very low rating. Every time one of my games have been released on F95 - between 3 and 10 throlls returns and give my games 1 star. In the beginning I was very annoyed but today I just laugh. I have tried to convince staff that they should remove it, but so far - only 5 star ratings have been removed.
As long as staff don't want to stop that nonsense the rating system is useless.
You know me Bob I critisize you but always find your games entertaining. I do not understand why people post reviews for a subjective reason and try to make themselves look like they are doing it for reasons other than pure meanness. I have had a number of reviews removed from your threads just by reporting them and calling what they are ATTACKS.

Reactions: Celaviegroup
Aug 31, 2020
Prologue my early life !!! the best 2023 news.
Thank you very much for prolonging the pleasure (in every sense of the word) and for continuing the saga, Bob is very endearing, we bond easily, and the girls are exceptional. I will always have a strong feeling and he will remain forever unbeatable, for room for rent but when I knew that the adventure was not over, I certainly became one of the biggest fan and in admiration for your concept, your gameplay and the effect it provides. Thank you very much for all the work you do, there is a real bias which is rare in the industry, it is to your credit.
Please don't change a thing.
your state of mind, your points of view, are sacred. we are with you !

(sorry for my english, but i hope i'm clear ^^)

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
Next Adventure will be "My early, early years"

Follow Bob as he comes out of the womb, ready and fresh-faced to start his life...He meets new "siblings" in daycare and watch him become king of the playground.
No, it needs to go to geriatric Bob before prenatal Bob.

Bob seduces his nurses, who are also his Greatgrand daughters.

Reactions: DNS01W

Alphamale2467

Mar 25, 2022
Thats up to you - maybe there are other ways to 'solve' the Patreon issue - wait and see
There is no incest because it's not needed in this game
This cryptic nonsense isn't helping your cause in the least. There's either incest, or there's not. Not=no support. That's not my policy on all games, just for the ones that put you in a house with your three sisters.
I'll WAIT until you shit or get off the pot, then SEE if I want to support it's development.

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
This cryptic nonsense isn't helping your cause in the least. There's either incest, or there's not. Not=no support. That's not my policy on all games, just for the ones that put you in a house with your three sisters.
I'll WAIT until you shit or get off the pot, then SEE if I want to support it's development.
Bob has never had incest in any of his previous games. All his games start out with no sexual content. They are slow burns where the MC corrupts the females through seduction. I have played all the games and found them entertaining. I can not recall any sleep Rape in any game so far, nor has there been dream sex. There is an early sex scene in MBFD 2 between Bob and the mother one of the girls. The mother was one of the main characters in MBFD 1. Bob makes it clear that this is not an incest game but he made an error in calling MC and the three girls siblings. The MC considers them to be like sisters but legally they are not.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Bob has never had incest in any of his previous games. All his games start out with no sexual content. They are slow burns where the MC corrupts the females through seduction. I have played all the games and found them entertaining. I can not recall any sleep Rape in any game so far, nor has there been dream sex. There is an early sex scene in MBFD 2 between Bob and the mother one of the girls. The mother was one of the main characters in MBFD 1. Bob makes it clear that this is not an incest game but he made an error in calling MC and the three girls siblings. The MC considers them to be like sisters but legally they are not.
I use ’siblings’ - not just siblings. In the next episodes you’ll see that this is a part of the story.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
I agree with you. However some reviews are based upon episode 1 that is released for the highest Tiers at Patreon. Historically my games have always had very low rating. Every time one of my games have been released on F95 - between 3 and 10 throlls returns and give my games 1 star. In the beginning I was very annoyed but today I just laugh. I have tried to convince staff that they should remove it, but so far - only 5 star ratings have been removed.
How do you make reviews in this forum?

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
MELep1:

CLV Group has made another splendid game, building on the prologue which was also recently released. CLVG’s strong points of great FC’s well-integrated with great backgrounds has been maintained for all the CLV fans. But the game has been maneuvered over to be much more of a traditional sandbox game, and the main screen in a clear indication of how far CLVG has gone. Sandbox fans will like the layout, and KN fans will appreciate that CLVG has added hints to make the sandbox much like a KN.

There are three main FC’s in this game, and like all previous ones, they are all beautiful young girls. No BTBA bimbos in CLVG games! There is a fourth FC, the grocery cashier, who gets some scenes, but she is not yet integrated into the gameplay. IMHO she is the most beautiful one so let’s hope CLVG doesn’t ignore her much longer. One very nice thing about all the CLVG games is that the MC is not a horsecock who gets attention for this ridiculous reason, but instead someone who needs to be played carefully to proceed with the corruption sequence (sexier clothing, voyeurism, permissible groping, rising levels of sex activity) for each of the FC’s. This game does not have the flaw of Season 2 of MBFD where all four FC’s could be treated almost identically.

There are some preliminary items in the game which play no role in the action, and the player should know they can be ignored. For example, the MC can study yoga or photography, but it seems to do nothing to the game. The medium in the game is for the MC to snap pictures of the 3 FC’s, and sell them, thereby paying his share of the household expenses. CLVG makes this easy as a little phone icon pops up in the UL of the screen when it is possible. Do it at any time, as the FC’s stats (shyness, affection, etc.) don’t seem to be affected at all in this first episode,

I was able to proceed on, with a bit too much grinding, to find 68 of the 76 events in less than 3 hours of play, using no tools whatsoever. It would have been considerably less, but I needed to figure out the new play mechanisms. The last 8 events were obscured because of some tricks CLVG has reintroduced into this game: multiple hits needed on one activity, with mostly identical scenes, up to five times needed to get a few events; and one event that you cannot find by hitting on a FC head located in a room (preparing dinner: all events but this one are triggered by clicking on a FC head icon in a room icon on the bottom left of the screen). I missed sufficient repetitions on a few, overlooked one, and the dinner one held up three. Grinding isn’t bad with the CLVG graphics quality; it was actually pretty fun, until I got tired of it of beautiful scenes recurring and took the game apart to find the last 8.

The game takes a half hour or less to disassemble and investigate, provided you a good at python (Everyone should know this. It is good for the brain.) Steps:
1. Download and install the renpy SDK if you haven’t already. Old ones work fine.
2. Dezip the game, any OS, grab the folder labeled game and put it in a new folder in the SDK with nothing else. Name the new folder the same as this game name.
3. I use Atom as a text handler, use whatever you want, but it should be installed within the SDK.
4. Hit the correct button to open the unencrypted parts of the game in Atom, and change the SDK, if you haven’t already, to have the Developer console. Find: renpy/control/00control/config.console (or something) and set it to True. Quicker: Just search with Atom inside the renpy directory to find config.console.
5. Decrypt all the 20 or so files with ending .rpyc using into .rpy files [use save as] and stuff them into the game file in Atom.
6. Make a little text file listing EVENTS(n).Done {with n from 0 to 76; maybe ten per line} and put it line by line into the Developers Console (open with Shift O inside the game) and you will see a list of what you haven’t punched yet. Then use EVENTS(Missing number).Desc to tell you where to go and when to punch it.

This is the main difference between CLVG sandboxes and other dev’s. CLVG gives you a target of event count to shoot for, and with others, you just keep grinding forever until you realize you can’t find any more events. It is so much more interesting with a target! Yay for CLVG!

There are few low-level errors in the game as the Alpha Team seems to have done their job well. The game never crashed once, despite it being the first significant release in this new style of game. If you look at the code, you will appreciate how well organized CLVG is on coding. That level of organization is what keeps crash errors away, and again: Yay!

There is what might be called a strategic error, as there is a requirement to click Study fifteen times a week to avoid an immediate end of the game, but the MC never goes to school, never logs in to remote classes, never says anything indicating he is still a student. Most games have lots of inconsistencies, and CLVG’s are non-consequential except for this game abort process, which just seems to have been stuck in there for no reason.

The grinding may be objectionable to some people, and it could be optionally eliminated if CLVG put something in to show when a FC icon needed to be triggered again, like maybe a red circle around the FC face icon on top of place icons, and those who like a moderate amount of grinding could turn it off in the beginning until they got tired of it and then they could quickly wrap it all up by turning on this new kind of hint.

The biggest operational problem was that CLVG has eliminated rollback, unlike all their other games, where it was the unchangeable default. This means that now you need to do SAVE/LOAD to check out multiple options on a scene with choices. This is tedious, unlike rollback, and tedious games get less followers. Let’s hope CLVG restores this. It would be great if rollback were not default, but connected to the rollback option in the main menu, because then those who like more of a challenge can turn it off.

All in all, another fine, fine game start. All those with a little money and no surveillance of their expenditures should support the dev so we get to see all 20 planned episodes.

TheThiefFct9

Apr 18, 2019
Since you have the rpy files, you can modify the value of config.rollback_enabled in script.rpy , but it could break stuff, especially with roll forward (and the strange thing is that roll up with roll backward)

And you can use unren to disassemble, with a small modification in unrpyc.py as the multiprocessing module does not exist.

Also, using tab to skip with the skip event option enabled will often break the game (e.g. at the grocery store, it will activate stuff that should not be reachable on the first day). There are a few calls to LowerFeelings, probably instead of LowerMood. And there is a bug with EVENTS[18].Progress that is never set to 1.

Last edited:

Mordar

Jun 20, 2017
Yea, my ratting was also removed. The mod claimed it was "not appropriate", which I very much doubt. I guess the real reason was, because I was accused to be biased because I mentioned I was a fan of your games. As if as soon as you like something, you no longer are allowed to voice your opinion. So I second your impression.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
So is this game a flashback as the MC tells his origin story to the girls?
The problem that the MC would have to sell the house makes zero sense. Okay the guy who made an offer backs out, then relist it.
There needs to be a better plot. Maybe the MC and his sisters get an offer but have to keep the house for a few weeks till everything s settled. If you ever bought or sold a house you know it takes time, so they have to keep paying the bank until the signing.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Since you have the rpy files, you can modify the value of config.rollback_enabled in script.rpy , but it could break stuff, especially with roll forward (and the strange thing is that roll up with roll backward)

And you can use unren to disassemble, with a small modification in unrpyc.py as the multiprocessing module does not exist.

Also, using tab to skip with the skip event option enabled will often break the game (e.g. at the grocery store, it will activate stuff that should not be reachable on the first day). There are a few calls to LowerFeelings, probably instead of LowerMood. And there is a bug with EVENTS[18].Progress that is never set to 1.
Thanks for all this good stuff. I mean super thanks!
Rollback, in order to work right, has to store snapshots of the game, and if somebody changes config.rollback_enabled midgame, would that be what breaks stuff? So to put rollback in the game, it would have to be the dev who does that at the beginning, or you would have to play the game over???
I'll look into unren, as it is a little tedious to do .rpyc->.rpy one file at a time.
I have never used tab to skip events, as CTRL races through things just fine. It doesn't seem to break anything, ever.
I did noticed EVE has a little LowerFeelings and Attraction as well, but it doesn't do anything, so I didn't mention it.
The bug on EVENTS[18] doesn't slow anything down, as EVENTS[18].Done is set correctly. Thus the total count keeps up.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
So is this game a flashback as the MC tells his origin story to the girls?
The problem that the MC would have to sell the house makes zero sense. Okay the guy who made an offer backs out, then relist it.
There needs to be a better plot. Maybe the MC and his sisters get an offer but have to keep the house for a few weeks till everything s settled. If you ever bought or sold a house you know it takes time, so they have to keep paying the bank until the signing.
I got the impression the girls liked the house after they saw it, so they wanted to keep it and therefore had to keep up payments on the mortgage. Or is that wrong?

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Yea, my ratting was also removed. The mod claimed it was "not appropriate", which I very much doubt. I guess the real reason was, because I was accused to be biased because I mentioned I was a fan of your games. As if as soon as you like something, you no longer are allowed to voice your opinion. So I second your impression.
I want to start doing ratings, so I would like to know what they thought was "not appropriate".

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021

I saw some events at grocery store, but didn't realize they were in there by error. They just seemed normal. I forget if I used CTRL for event skipping, so I can't track this down.

TheThiefFct9

Apr 18, 2019
I saw some events at grocery store, but didn't realize they were in there by error. They just seemed normal. I forget if I used CTRL for event skipping, so I can't track this down.
They are not there by error, but normally there are conditions to trigger them, and when using fast skip, you reach these events even if the conditions are not fulfilled. Also, tab is easier to use than ctrl, as you don't have to keep the key pressed. It is easy to reproduce the problem with a new game.

I'll look into unren, as it is a little tedious to do .rpyc->.rpy one file at a time.
a little batch file with

Code:
cd game
for /R %%f in (*.rpyc) do ..\lib\py3-windows-x86_64\python.exe -O ..\unrpyc.py --init-offset "%%f"
inside

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 38 Votes