• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

How would you like the game to progress?

• Keep going as Visual Novel with some choices and linear story

Votes: 1,699 65.1%
  • Branch to sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements at certain point

Votes: 910 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 18, 2022
games like this play better as a sandbox than a VN art looks good
No.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and preference, but time and time again, when there are polls people seem to favor a more linear approach with some branching, rather than a sandbox.

So objectively they don't play better as a sandbox.

Furthermore, even if it eventually opened up, it would be weird to have a sandbox until the MC got the hypnosis down.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Claiming objectivity while citing subjective data from a limited sample size is silly, even sillier because the poll choices are heavily weighted due to how they're presented so they aren't even a reflection of wider personal preference.

I don't care how the game progresses, but that is a really bad argument you're trying to make. Also, there's plenty of hypno sandboxes where you train up hypnosis from scratch, not sure how you think that wouldn't make sense.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
No.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and preference, but time and time again, when there are polls people seem to favor a more linear approach with some branching, rather than a sandbox.

Furthermore, even if it eventually opened up, it would be weird to have a sandbox until the MC got the hypnosis down.
Hear hear...all the extra clicking around to read the same scenes that could have just been presented like a book, gah I hate sandbox. If that's the dev's desire and they make a compelling enough story with minimum grind I'll limp through but jeez do I prefer to just have these as pure VNs.

Apr 18, 2022
Claiming objectivity while citing subjective data from a limited sample size is silly, even sillier because the poll choices are heavily weighted due to how they're presented so they aren't even a reflection of wider personal preference.

I don't care how the game progresses, but that is a really bad argument you're trying to make. Also, there's plenty of hypno sandboxes where you train up hypnosis from scratch, not sure how you think that wouldn't make sense.
I am not claiming objectivity. Note how I didn't say that VN is objectively better, but rather sandboxes are not. I was replying to a rather absolute statement saying that sandboxes are better. It wasn't phrased as a preference. I refuted this absolute, by showing that a lot of people prefer it otherwise.

You don't know the number of polls I am referring to, so you don't know the sample size and neither do you know the wording of each and every of them, so calling them heavily weighted is the silly thing.

Lastly, the vast majority of the sandbox games has a tutorial level that is fixed, before it opens up, so even speaking generally my point still stand, but let's look at it specifically. The MC must learn the hypnosis from the hypnotherapist, until then he can't really do much. Furthermore the tittle of the game is My Hypnotized Family, so one should expect a family oriented focus. It is absolutely to expect an open sandbox at this point in the story.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Re: sandbox vs VN situation, I think there is no debate that we need both kind of games out there. Even the survey suggests that at least a third of the people prefer sandbox mechanics. I see no problem with sandbox and might eventually create a different game which is a sandbox. But if we go sandbox, let's go hardcore: I think it should be some painfully detailed life simulator ala GirlLife, just without the sad background of eastern european provincial town.

As for the current game, the premise of My Hypnotized Family fits VN style progression much better IMO. And even though VN's are harder and slower to create for the team (more work from writer and artist required to create playtime, coding is faster and easier, than creating art, at least in me experience), they are popular with the audience and frankly as a user I enjoy them more too.

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Hi The Naughty Three (hive mind?),

I played the 0.26 version and here's some feedback:

Good:

- Congratulations for getting this far, it's not easy! :love:

- Spelling and grammar are pretty much perfect as far as I could see, good job. (y)

- The art is good enough for the task. Maybe 8/10, with a bonus point for hand drawn.

Needs Improvement:

- Nearly all aspects of the story and dialogue are too "strong". It's the opposite of subtle and "show don't tell". MC is a pervert lusting over his family immediately. Big sis is super angry. Little sis loves MC. Mom is a milfy walkover. Events happen fast and furiously with no real challenge, and the magic "power" falls into MC's hands on the second day. It all feels rushed and as if reality was turned up to 200% saturation - there's no buildup or anticipation of reward.

- MC is too much of a pervert in his thoughts from the very first time he comes home. It would be a lot hotter if his own moral stance became more corrupted over time, and that initially he only unintentionally looked at his housemate's bodies and felt some shame at the lustful thoughts they cause. Only after some time (and perhaps some extended celibacy now he has no girlfriend) should he begin to admit to himself that he wants them.

- I wonder if this is due to changing the art, but the text descriptions do not match the images in some places: Dr. Somna's eyes are described as green but the image shows hazel eyes. Big Sis's clothing description is wrong (cleavage down to the navel? nope, that's a mesh panel that goes to the neckline)

- In the first hypnosis scene with little-sis, the images were only showing the standing art. Ideally you'd have some more specific art for this, with her sitting, laying on the bed, allowing MC to look at her without being caught.

A couple of bugs:

- There's one line where the text has the default MC name "Alex" instead of the input name string.

- There is a missing webm in the 1st dream sequence.

- Game text says you can see big-sis yoga session, but there are no images.

All in all a good start, may the force be with you. (y)

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Hi The Naughty Three (hive mind?),

I played the 0.26 version and here's some feedback:

Good:

- Congratulations for getting this far, it's not easy! :love:

- Spelling and grammar are pretty much perfect as far as I could see, good job. (y)

- The art is good enough for the task. Maybe 8/10, with a bonus point for hand drawn.

Needs Improvement:

- Nearly all aspects of the story and dialogue are too "strong". It's the opposite of subtle and "show don't tell". MC is a pervert lusting over his family immediately. Big sis is super angry. Little sis loves MC. Mom is a milfy walkover. Events happen fast and furiously with no real challenge, and the magic "power" falls into MC's hands on the second day. It all feels rushed and as if reality was turned up to 200% saturation - there's no buildup or anticipation of reward.

- MC is too much of a pervert in his thoughts from the very first time he comes home. It would be a lot hotter if his own moral stance became more corrupted over time, and that initially he only unintentionally looked at his housemate's bodies and felt some shame at the lustful thoughts they cause. Only after some time (and perhaps some extended celibacy now he has no girlfriend) should he begin to admit to himself that he wants them.

- I wonder if this is due to changing the art, but the text descriptions do not match the images in some places: Dr. Somna's eyes are described as green but the image shows hazel eyes. Big Sis's clothing description is wrong (cleavage down to the navel? nope, that's a mesh panel that goes to the neckline)

- In the first hypnosis scene with little-sis, the images were only showing the standing art. Ideally you'd have some more specific art for this, with her sitting, laying on the bed, allowing MC to look at her without being caught.

A couple of bugs:

- There's one line where the text has the default MC name "Alex" instead of the input name string.

- There is a missing webm in the 1st dream sequence.

- Game text says you can see big-sis yoga session, but there are no images.

All in all a good start, may the force be with you. (y)
Wow! Thank you for your careful and detailed feedback. The Yoga and Hypnosis illustrations are coming up in next release. We're taking care of bugs and clothing inconsistencies you've noticed. The pace of the game and the 200% feel will stay, as it is the style of our writer. It's also a compromise between expectations of people who want orgies with pregnant family members in next release already and people that want really slow pace. It's kind of in-between pace.

Laki IH

Dec 30, 2020
Having not yet played the new version, I would like to compliment the new art! Admittedly I had a knee-jerk negative reaction to the change, but upon looking at the old art again I would say it's an improvement overall, even if I prefer some of the individual pieces from the original. Consistency goes a long way. My least favorite example from the new art is more appealing to me than the least appealing from the old, so this represents an overall increase in standard as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to seeing how this continues to develop over time!

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I'm going to ask a probably stupid question since hypnotized family is the title of the game, but do we have an option not to do it?

I'm not into mind control/hypnosis in games, is basically non consent sex.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I'm going to ask a probably stupid question since hypnotized family is the title of the game, but do we have an option not to do it?

I'm not into NTR so...can i avoid NTR in a NTR-game?answer: usually no

Joi_fan

Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I'm not into NTR so...can i avoid NTR in a NTR-game?answer: usually no
I was just confused because the description mentions that you can have a love path with all the characters, that's why I thought that was a chance that the mind control was somewhat optional.

But thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: The Naughty Three

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I was just confused because the description mentions that you can have a love path with all the characters, that's why I thought that was a chance that the mind control was somewhat optional.

But thanks for clarifying.
i mean...if the title is about a theme(in this case Hypnosis) why would you assume that there will be something different as the MAIN theme?

DarkDank

Oct 26, 2019

This isn't the game for you fam.

SMH, why do people always come into hypno or mind control theme games and ask for non mind control or hypno content?
We don't barge into vanilla chad simulator 9000 and demand mind control :rolleyes:

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020

Don't worry, I had the same question too. In fact, I asked the developer. Here's what the developer said about that you mention:

Hi, thank you for your feedback. There will be a love route for all characters, where he transforms the emotions they feel for him into love and passion. And they will not be enslaved mindless dolls even in submissive routes, they will enjoy them. Hypnosis in the game (and in real life) is much more about changing people's beliefs and outlook rather than making people mindless slaves. In regards to MC's inner dialogue, thank you for the feedback. I wanted to make him more kind, but in the beginning hesitant and fighting with his "forbidden" sexual desires, then embracing them. I guess, that part didn't come out as good as I thought it would. In regards to my intentions for Stella, you guessed right, I wish you would tell more as to what didn't convince you.
In itself, hypnosis/mind control is mandatory but you can choose the romance path instead of making them sex slaves or something like that. If you don't like hypnosis at all, you may not like this game. If you are open to the possibility of using hypnosis/mind control but for good, you can give the game a try.

Cheers.

Reactions: The Naughty Three
3.20 star(s) 11 Votes