How would you like the game to progress?

• Keep going as Visual Novel with some choices and linear story

Votes: 1,699 65.1%
  • Branch to sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements at certain point

Votes: 910 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
'You're calling everyone whiners, but you're doing the most whining right now out of everybody with the nonsense you are saying because you're crying about content YOU WANT just the same as people talking about the lesbian content.

And "alot of players" you say are wrong, because I see more and more people getting fed up with forced lesbian content these days.

And me personally I do not mind lesbian content in terms of threesomes of group sex.. It does not bother me as much as pure lesbian without the MC's involvement, or choice.
poly isn't a thing I am into.

Either way, dev said it would be avoidable, so problem solved, everyone's happy.
yeah the analytics expert my dev friend hired to deep dive into statistics to do specifically with the avn industry is wrong the facts remain on my side but you can think I'm wrong if you like... :ROFLMAO:

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
yeah the analytics expert my dev friend hired to deep dive into statistics to do specifically with the avn industry is wrong the facts remain on my side but you can think I'm wrong if you like... :ROFLMAO:
Suddenly, I am very interested in this conversation ;)

Would you mind sharing more insights and conlcusions you might remember from that analysis an expert did for your dev friend?

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Suddenly, I am very interested in this conversation ;)

Would you mind sharing more insights and conlcusions you might remember from that analysis an expert did for your dev friend?
Hey Dev, you're doing a great job and you seem to care. Just remember, this place is like a large public swimming pool,;all of the noise is coming from the shallow end

Make the game YOU want, if you try to please everybody you'll just get frustrated

Reactions: botc76

gun506

Dec 1, 2017
If you go back to the conversations about this part in this thread right after it came out before remake, while mc was actually turned on by it, this forum hated it and saw as a form of dreaded NTR, so now the mc hates it. The people has spoken, I'd rather make them hook up though
That sucks. Honestly I liked the way it was playing out, so it's sad to hear that lesbian stuff isn't going to happen now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
That sucks. Honestly I liked the way it was playing out, so it's sad to hear that lesbian stuff isn't going to happen now.
If you read the dev's more recent posts, they've decided to bring it back (optionally, as it was always planned to be).

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
Yep, changed my mind. Will be there but optional
You might be surprised how many silent types wouldn't mind it, especially since it's likely most of the people coming here would be primarily into the hypnosis aspect.

Like for example, me personally, I don't care at all for NTR either (lesbian or otherwise) but if hypnosis or mind control is involved during it, or as a result of it, it helps mitigate the annoyance in a psychological way I can't really specify or explain lol.

I like the hypnosis. Once that's achieved, things that happen afterward (or as a result of) are viewed through that positive lens, whether it's a positive or negative thing happening. Not really sure how else to express it.

Point being, if there's one case where people MIGHT be less violently, foaming at the mouth enraged, it could be in this context.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Re: Game Overs in the game

Gentlemen (and very occasional ladies?)!

So in the end, polling supporters on both Patreon and SubscribeStar, what we discovered that most of themare fine with game overs, while some are indifferent, and a few precious ones hate them. So here is the conclusion and compromise, that hopefully will work for everyone:

If it's a short game over - where the MC f**s up and overplays his cards, you can use the rollback function to scroll back to where the choice was made or load up most recent autosave.

If it's a long-stretching game over like it was with not hypnotizing Helen on day 2 and her ratting MC out on day 5, there will be always be a warning when the choice is made to save, and then a hint at a moment of game over, indicating where the wrong choice have been made, also from now on all the long game overs and dead ends will have sex scenes, not available on the main route, like this will be the only way to get some femdom for example, or corrupt a character early.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
If it's a short game over - where the MC f**s up and overplays his cards, you can use the rollback function to scroll back to where the choice was made or load up most recent autosave.
Just make sure to keep in mind that this isn't possible if the game sends you back to the title screen. You could say "just don't click past the screen that says Game Over", but it's still something that people will do either on purpose or on accident, and then it can't be undone.

I don't know what Ren'py's limitations are and whether this kind of thing is unavoidable (pretty much every game I've played sends you back to the title screen after the "end of content" screen), but one workaround I can think of might be to add another choice at the game over screen. You could give the player the option to return to the title or go back to the previous choice, which also serves the purpose of preventing the player from accidentally clicking forward too many times.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Just make sure to keep in mind that this isn't possible if the game sends you back to the title screen. You could say "just don't click past the screen that says Game Over", but it's still something that people will do either on purpose or on accident, and then it can't be undone.

I don't know what Ren'py's limitations are and whether this kind of thing is unavoidable (pretty much every game I've played sends you back to the title screen after the "end of content" screen), but one workaround I can think of might be to add another choice at the game over screen. You could give the player the option to return to the title or go back to the previous choice, which also serves the purpose of preventing the player from accidentally clicking forward too many times.
Got it! Perhaps even make a return to previous relevant choice on right after game over instead of title screen?

Reactions: TigerWolfe

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018

its not a limitation but devs being annoying, intentionaly or not. their game over screens have a "jump to main menu" command. if its not a generic :youdead jump point displaying the final title card after the short sidefork, they could jump directly back to the :storychoice that caused the game over instead.

:engine startup
:mainmenu

:start
...story...
choice2354:
button A; goto resultA
button B; goto resultB
button C; goto resultC
button D; goto resultD
:resultA
...story...
goto contstory

:resultB
...story...
goto contstory

:resultC
...story...
goto contstory

:resultD
...story...
gameover!
here they could implement goto choice2354 but instead they have a goto mainmenu

:contstory
...story...

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
its not a limitation but devs being annoying, intentionaly or not. their game over screens have a "jump to main menu" command. if its not a generic :youdead jump point displaying the final title card after the short sidefork, they could jump directly back to the :storychoice that caused the game over instead.

:engine startup
:mainmenu

:start
...story...
choice2354:
button A; goto resultA
button B; goto resultB
button C; goto resultC
button D; goto resultD
:resultA
...story...
goto contstory

:resultB
...story...
goto contstory

:resultC
...story...
goto contstory

:resultD
...story...
gameover!
here they could implement goto choice2354 but instead they have a goto mainmenu

:contstory
...story...

For a very close game over right after choice it is possible to improve. And as I have told in previous recent post, I will implement it for small immediate game overs. However implementing it for a longer story line, where a lot of variables have been set or added, will for sure break the game. Because there is no function like "get back all variables to that earlier state of the game where the player made that decision and then made many others afterwards", other than loading an old saved game. If this version is used with just using jump (in Renpy what you wrote as goto is jump, not sure what code you were writing here), the variables will be already from day 6, while the game will be at day 2 stage. And you can't just null them to default at that moment either, since there are choices made before that also vary from player to player, that will be important later in the game. Oh, and if you reach the end of the code in Renpy it DOES go to title screen so IT IS a generic, despite what you say. There is no "goto title screen put in by purposfully or not annoying dev". Also your code is clearly not Ren'Py so you most likely don't know the structure of the code your critizing, nor the SDK it is build upon.

Last edited:

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Oh, and if you reach the end of the code in Renpy it DOES go to title screen so IT IS a generic, despite what you say.
That's what I thought. The problem is that it doesn't default to just... stopping. There's no screen where clicking *doesn't* move you forward, and moving forward will eventually take you to the main menu. The exception to this would be if the dev places a choice there, which would stop the player from moving forward unless they specifically clicked one of those choices. That's why I think more devs should use that at the end of content and/or game overs, even if there's only a single choice that says "return to title".

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
That's what I thought. The problem is that it doesn't default to just... stopping. There's no screen where clicking *doesn't* move you forward, and moving forward will eventually take you to the main menu. The exception to this would be if the dev places a choice there, which would stop the player from moving forward unless they specifically clicked one of those choices. That's why I think more devs should use that at the end of content and/or game overs, even if there's only a single choice that says "return to title".
I don't think anyone wants to go title at that point, after game over we'll revert to previous choice menu starting with next update, if the game over path is small. if it's large, they would have been warned to save when making the choice so they can load the game. Also moving forward every alternative "long" game over will feature an exclusive sex scene for variety and as reward

Last edited:
3.30 star(s) 12 Votes