peetee33

Jun 18, 2018
I got stuck on the toilet on the train. Tried all keys. All I could do is turn in circles and open the menu. Not a good start. May try again later.
I got stuck there for a bit too. Near the door there is magazine that you have to pick up and read. After that you'll be able to open the door and leave.

Unfortunately, a little while late I got stuck, after you're able to go to the next area.

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Very promising, but the QTE are really a bad idea.
Same! It really distracts from the scene, hope they remove this "feature"

The rest of the game has potential though, I guess it ends when you arrive at the dorms? Couldn't find anything further to do after the train. Once it put me at the dorms I could talk to some people but could not seem to progress any further.

Reactions: Abîme and anon1010

anon1010

Jul 8, 2019
Same! It really distracts from the scene, hope they remove this "feature"

The rest of the game has potential though, I guess it ends when you arrive at the dorms? Couldn't find anything further to do after the train. Once it put me at the dorms I could talk to some people but could not seem to progress any further.
Completely agree here as well, hope they either remove it, replace it with something else or slow down the qte at the very least

Zatorr

Aug 12, 2018
Getting an error on launch:

LoweLevelFatalError [File:Unkown][Line:249]
Result failed
at
D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Viewport.cpp:368
with error DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL

I've tried deleting/re-extracting/redownloading and it's still getting that error.

I have the same problem ... please help us!!!!.

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
I got stuck there for a bit too. Near the door there is magazine that you have to pick up and read. After that you'll be able to open the door and leave.

Unfortunately, a little while late I got stuck, after you're able to go to the next area.
I could not reach the magazine. I was stuck in the "sitting" position and could spin my ass in circles. X to get up worked fine the second time around.

DickJustice

May 17, 2018
I get incredibly mixed feeling about this game, especially after looking at a patreon page. I get the fact that patreon is not a retail platform, but more like a crowdfunding one, but... oof look at those tiers. I would have understood one-time big pledges but every month? Seems fishy, considering that game itself feels like an asset flip. Though bear in mind, last time I visited unreal engine store was half a year ago, so I can't know for sure. Anyways I have a faint feeling that you can find all the assets there.

Hope I'm wrong though. Game shows promise, and has garnered a lot of support in a short amount of time. If dev is not a fraud and listens to community then maybe game will grow into something good. Now though, it does not inspire any confidence nor trust.

Rnch

Jul 3, 2018
I get incredibly mixed feeling about this game, especially after looking at a patreon page. I get the fact that patreon is not a retail platform, but more like a crowdfunding one, but... oof look at those tiers. I would have understood one-time big pledges but every month? Seems fishy, considering that game itself feels like an asset flip. Though bear in mind, last time I visited unreal engine store was half a year ago, so I can't know for sure. Anyways I have a faint feeling that you can find all the assets there.

Hope I'm wrong though. Game shows promise, and has garnered a lot of support in a short amount of time. If dev is not a fraud and listens to community then maybe game will grow into something good. Now though, it does not inspire any confidence nor trust.
On Reddit they stated that all the assets in the game are 100% original and made by them

DickJustice

May 17, 2018
On Reddit they stated that all the assets in the game are 100% original and made by them
Literally visited UE Marketplace right now, found train and buildings. Also awfully similar inventory system, but hey, they practically all are the same thing. There also are movement controllers and mocap animation packs, though schlicking animation should be either made by them or from somewhere else. But with 100% certainty I can say that reddit post lies.

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
Well it wouldnt be hard for someone from the field to be able to proof this, just gotta look through the asset stores and see if there is something that looks oddly familiar.
From what I can tell the character looks pretty custom made - because its lacking general shape and anatomy that I would expect from a stock asset. I hope they improve her model and rig in the right areas.

It looks like they took a lot of reference from wild life tiers. The numbers are identical except for the first and last tier. Join polls about content at 25$, get an animation request made at a certain cumulative support X in the 100$ tier, etc. etc.
Now you guys can criticize that but I dont blame them. Looking successful wild life is it would be an obvious reference for anyone wanting to join that market.
Some people complain here that 10$ a month is too expensive for the barebones demo that this project is, but you guys are missing the point. The dev isnt trying to sell you his finished game now. He is trying to raise fundings to be able to work on it. He expects people that support him to know that they are now funding a development - not buying a product.
Now you can say "but the 50$ thing is crap" or so, but remember this dev isnt EA stashing essential content behind outrageously expensive pre-order packages, he is trying to make higher value support tiers more attractive to potential supporters, and none of you can blame him for that if you think about what he is trying to do.

One thing that I foresee him doing at some point is to rethink his game version rewards. Ive seen this in wild life, the devs had a public,5,10 and 25 dollar build that back in the day they would release at the same time. Thats 4 downloads to manage, posts, build conditions and feedback, and so on. Wild Life devs removed the 5$ tier because it was barely used and made up a good fraction of the release work. This games download is just 3.8gb in size but if he adds all he wants itll eventually grow to a point where itll be quite troublesome to find a good filehoster that can manage the traffic and filesize. He has 6 individual game versions to manage and I predict he will change that soon to make it easier on his release day.

Reactions: Unimatrix001

DickJustice

May 17, 2018
Well it wouldnt be hard for someone from the field to be able to proof this, just gotta look through the asset stores and see if there is something that looks oddly familiar.
From what I can tell the character looks pretty custom made - because its lacking general shape and anatomy that I would expect from a stock asset. I hope they improve her model and rig in the right areas.

It looks like they took a lot of reference from wild life tiers. The numbers are identical except for the first and last tier. Join polls about content at 25$, get an animation request made at a certain cumulative support X in the 100$ tier, etc. etc.
Now you guys can criticize that but I dont blame them. Looking successful wild life is it would be an obvious reference for anyone wanting to join that market.
Some people complain here that 10$ a month is too expensive for the barebones demo that this project is, but you guys are missing the point. The dev isnt trying to sell you his finished game now. He is trying to raise fundings to be able to work on it. He expects people that support him to know that they are now funding a development - not buying a product.
Now you can say "but the 50$ thing is crap" or so, but remember this dev isnt EA stashing essential content behind outrageously expensive pre-order packages, he is trying to make higher value support tiers more attractive to potential supporters, and none of you can blame him for that if you think about what he is trying to do.

One thing that I foresee him doing at some point is to rethink his game version rewards. Ive seen this in wild life, the devs had a public,5,10 and 25 dollar build that back in the day they would release at the same time. Thats 4 downloads to manage, posts, build conditions and feedback, and so on. Wild Life devs removed the 5$ tier because it was barely used and made up a good fraction of the release work. This games download is just 3.8gb in size but if he adds all he wants itll eventually grow to a point where itll be quite troublesome to find a good filehoster that can manage the traffic and filesize. He has 6 individual game versions to manage and I predict he will change that soon to make it easier on his release day.
I am not talking about developer selling or not. I addressed it in my first post where I wrote that patreon is not a retail platform. What I'm talking about is whether it is another Dragon Day or whatever it was called or not. The way developer behaves makes me suspect that. Moreover Wild Life actually grows(I think), and I think they make their own assets, though I do not actually follow that project so correct me if I'm wrong. The point about assets already was addressed by me, though if you want some proof... well I haven't posted 3 messages yet, but if you visit UE Marketplace you can find some within 5 minutes. Why would they lie about that? Why don't they say that some assets are stock? Again, suspicious behaviour. You also shoud take into account that this project is very ambitious, and dev does not seem incredibly experienced, I am no professional programmer, far from that, but from my experience with developers - whenever an adequate developer makes a demo they do as best as they can since they will most likely use the stuff they made in a full project. Though whoever made their trailer is good.

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
Youre right, I spend like 2 minutes looking and found this.

And exactly as I said, looks oddly familiar. It doesnt have the same texture decals but the model structure is exactly the same which leaves no doubt, they are using this asset and re-textured some things to make it different. I dont get why the dev would lie about such a thing. I can only pick Wild Life, ProjectH and Slaves of Rome as examples here because those are the projects of similar scope I follow but all of those devs have publicly mentioned they use stock assets for animations and environments. Not for all, but for some, or for prototyping. And I think thats totally fine and a legitimate way of making your development as efficient as possible. You also dont have to mention it because it really isnt that big of a deal, but why lie when specifically asked about it? Like FOW when they lied about their spaceship models for subverse and someone found the exact same ships on some unitiy asset store or so. People will find out and it will make you look very very dumb and dodgy.

Edit: The creator of that UE4 asset pack has a ton of other packs for all sorts of things. Now I havent spent more time looking because I dont really care that much but I can imagine the dev is using more of these things.
In the end its pretty clear, the amount of things the guy already has done is virtually impossible to achieve on your own without some serious funding - or with stock assets.

steelborn001

Jun 16, 2019
Youre right, I spend like 2 minutes looking and found this.

And exactly as I said, looks oddly familiar. It doesnt have the same texture decals but the model structure is exactly the same which leaves no doubt, they are using this asset and re-textured some things to make it different. I dont get why the dev would lie about such a thing. I can only pick Wild Life, ProjectH and Slaves of Rome as examples here because those are the projects of similar scope I follow but all of those devs have publicly mentioned they use stock assets for animations and environments. Not for all, but for some, or for prototyping. And I think thats totally fine and a legitimate way of making your development as efficient as possible. You also dont have to mention it because it really isnt that big of a deal, but why lie when specifically asked about it? Like FOW when they lied about their spaceship models for subverse and someone found the exact same ships on some unitiy asset store or so. People will find out and it will make you look very very dumb and dodgy.

Edit: The creator of that UE4 asset pack has a ton of other packs for all sorts of things. Now I havent spent more time looking because I dont really care that much but I can imagine the dev is using more of these things.
In the end its pretty clear, the amount of things the guy already has done is virtually impossible to achieve on your own without some serious funding - or with stock assets.
Yeah they just added a toilet... a toilet in a subway train I've never seen that before

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Literally visited UE Marketplace right now, found train and buildings. Also awfully similar inventory system, but hey, they practically all are the same thing. There also are movement controllers and mocap animation packs, though schlicking animation should be either made by them or from somewhere else. But with 100% certainty I can say that reddit post lies.
Hi, I'm one of the devs. And I can assure you, that ~80% of 3D is done by our team except most of the furniture and train, forest pack and there's nothing wrong with content from marketplace, if it's changed to fit the game style. Inventory and all code in game is absolutely unique, except multisave and dialogue plugin which was edited by a lot in C++ to fit our needs, design was made by my 2d artist friend, houses are in marketplace and they're actually done by us . All 100% of animations are done based on rig made in cinema 4d by our cool rigger guy in team, who also simulated and made all the clothes manually in marvelous designer.

Last edited:

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Completely agree here as well, hope they either remove it, replace it with something else or slow down the qte at the very least
We've got many complaints about qte, and we're actually going to change it so people won't be distracted too much, either it can be done by sound triggering qte, or slowing it down. We really want to leave this qte feature because it'll impact gameplay later. For example if you make Ashley working like a prostitute, you'd have to tryhard QTE to get the most money from client or unlock certain dialogues. A game should have some challenge and of course fair reward

massoblivion

Creating Deluded
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Completely agree here as well, hope they either remove it, replace it with something else or slow down the QTE at the very least
Also we plan to add cinematic sex system next build, which will look like this ( ) + dialogues, we will need it for certain moments ( a lot of) when reward for QTE doesn't make sense

Last edited:
Reactions: Daedalus43

DickJustice

May 17, 2018
Also we plan to add cinematic sex system next build, which will look like this ( ) + dialogues, we will need it for certain moments ( a lot of) when reward for QTE doesn't make sense
Looks good, but I have another question. On your channel, there's a video dated 10 months ago which, although does not sport the same level of graphical fidelity, seems much more "complete" if one can say so. If you had already done that 10 months ago, why go all the way back and build essentially a new game with some stock assets? City in old video looks way more structured, although not much was shown.

Also what's with patreon tiers? Why lock miniscule pieces of content behind large sums of money?

2.60 star(s) 52 Votes