4.60 star(s) 27 Votes

axelxz

Jul 23, 2017
complaining about copyright on a pirating site is incredibly silly yes it likely is and?
technically every file that isn't placed here by the developer is theft
is it so? No, it's not like that. In steam, this is an indefinite subscription to an electronic copy of the game (you do not own it. (Say hello to the ghost of Tsushima)). patreon in most cases offers some level and is also a subscription to the version of the electronic game... It's hard to call it theft..(this can be called a free trial full version..although this can hardly be said about most games from Patreon...).. but the question of art and assets is theft.

Last edited:

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
so, if I have a picture in front of me and I draw it. is that theft?
are all art-student thieves? I mean, whatever u study is a kind of theft.
WTF are we supposed to do? isolate and learn by ourselves?

how many hours did Melkor work on this game? this the DEV stole it from him and now profit?
u can not be serious that using a style and draw it (not even the same picture, just the style) is theft.
are u real? most music u listen are theft as they use similarity.
the AI is just a really really fast human without understand "trial and error" like we do, since its superfast. the AI need a teacher so he will not draw 6 fingers. thats it. u can not say because the AI is "skilled enough" to draw the style that its Melkorns own art.

alyssssssssss

Jan 24, 2024
Well, the official world for Devs is Chuck, now a Dogma, if you quote bad words against NTR, it's like insulting a King, I've read many reviews on other genres, nothing happens, but if we touch this genre of game, then call it a game, haha, you actively participate in a game, this is a kinetic comic, but never touch NTR. hahahah

jijo15

Sep 10, 2019
Fuck man, really sad this ends up being cuck shit. It is not kidding, the first AI-CG game that catches my interest, but the previously mentioned feature is a complete deal-breaker for me. The artstyle of the girls in the gallery look pretty good

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: BamBlackStar

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
complaining about copyright on a pirating site is incredibly silly yes it likely is and?
technically every file that isn't placed here by the developer is theft
Then again, the conception of copyright beyond just doing commission is much younger than the renaissance. Beyond the age of Da Vinci's generation, the Mosaic of Hagia Sophia, or the Ancient Greco-Roman sculptures.

Aug 26, 2023
First AI CG game I've gave a try & I love it.

Little sad didnt get to see the red head (She is one of the reason for playin this game). Makima vibes:devilish: Even her name is maki

Reactions: Wizmoe

jaevulen

Oct 22, 2017
man, somehow i have more problem with this developer obviously stealing melkormancins art than just general game theft that is the rest of this site

Reactions: megaloser

megaloser

May 29, 2018
I typically can stomach AI art as a tool since I know lots of people (myself included) are not capable of drawing quality art to use in their passion projects, and certainly don't have the money to pay for a dedicated artist. But having an AI trained specifically on one person's art style to blatantly copy it, is just gross.

If you wanna make the argument that "this is a piracy site, don't complain about stealing assets," I'm gonna remind you that we steal games to enjoy privately, we don't use them to make money.

Melkor Mancin is an amazing artist and he doesn't deserve to have his hard work used by someone else looking to profit. You can't realistically expect people not to have a problem with asking for money, when the most important asset of the game is essentially stolen.

megaloser

May 29, 2018
so, if I have a picture in front of me and I draw it. is that theft?
are all art-student thieves? I mean, whatever u study is a kind of theft.
WTF are we supposed to do? isolate and learn by ourselves?

how many hours did Melkor work on this game? this the DEV stole it from him and now profit?
u can not be serious that using a style and draw it (not even the same picture, just the style) is theft.
are u real? most music u listen are theft as they use similarity.
the AI is just a really really fast human without understand "trial and error" like we do, since its superfast. the AI need a teacher so he will not draw 6 fingers. thats it. u can not say because the AI is "skilled enough" to draw the style that its Melkorns own art.
If a real person took the time and effort to learn and copy Mancin's style, we wouldn't have a problem with it since it would prove effort and skill. Using AI to copy his art takes less effort than copy and pasting his work into photoshop and changing hair colors. People respect effort, talent, and artistic vision in someone's art, AI has none of that. Even tracing would be more respected than this.

Reactions: massifteetees

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
its a debate that will never end in consensus.
its your right to feel like that. for me I don't give a damn about him.
he need to adapt like everyone else. this is how the world works. technology creates new jobs but destroy old ones.
AI will benefit those that learn how to use it.
for me I enjoy creativity. we would never get a game based on Mancin's style if not for those that want to create something new. who cares if the style is like Mancins?. the importance is that his style evolves. if its AI or a human I don't give a crap about.
so, please, forget about this game, do not play it. since u think its wrong. and let everyone else that accept the deal to enjoy it.

Jake9009

Mar 16, 2017
Yes, one of the many pains of AI art, I wil try to be more consistent about such things but sometimes the art is just to hot to throw it in the trash over a detail ( a big one I know ) The last picture is only a Teaser tho, but yes it is an issue I will not shy away from it. I hope I can get some slack as a new developer if not oh well fuck it :cool: when I started this it was all just fun but then it turned into work when I saw how complex AI art can be, it is not that easy, I am an artist and professional graphic designer myself, I think it shows, altough I live from my day to day job in the arts field I do not fear AI, I welcome it as a tool for developers, if anyone does not like that I am sorry but as a Professional Artist myself there is no way I could create this without AI, its to much time consuming.
You're not an artist if you're willing to just straight up steal another artists work. This is a direct rip-off of melkors art style, the only way AI would have produced this is if you specifically asked for it. Nobody should support his game financially.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Very nice VN, looks very great, I don't know this Melkor or whatever, but I know Melkor is not the only one drawing like this, I seen it before and when I looked Melkor up, I could say maybe Melkor stole it from the other drawer too, because this style is much older then Melkor his drawings alone. Anyway, i'm not gonna discus if it stolen or not, all i say the vn was made very well and I love the teasing and i'm sure it will turn out into a great game if people not going to keep sending an angry mob, because then they should investigate Melkor to he didn't steal his art from the older drawer I seen drawing simular.

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Very nice VN, looks very great, I don't know this Melkor or whatever, but I know Melkor is not the only one drawing like this, I seen it before and when I looked Melkor up, I could say maybe Melkor stole it from the other drawer too, because this style is much older then Melkor his drawings alone. Anyway, i'm not gonna discus if it stolen or not, all i say the vn was made very well and I love the teasing and i'm sure it will turn out into a great game if people not going to keep sending an angry mob, because then they should investigate Melkor to he didn't steal his art from the older drawer I seen drawing simular.
That's a flawed comparison. Every artist is inspired by someone, you can straight up copy someone's style as an artist, and that ultimately should be fine, because you develop your own skill as the artist. Hell, even tracing is fine. Look at Evakiss, who is honest about tracing art, but then adds her own modification to the traced sketch.

Inspired by or copying someone style are different from taking someone's art and feed it to AI. They are not the same. Just wanna point out that it's a different comparison that you're making here.

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
That's a flawed comparison. Every artist is inspired by someone, you can straight up copy someone's style as an artist, and that ultimately should be fine, because you develop your own skill as the artist. Hell, even tracing is fine. Look at Evakiss, who is honest about tracing art, but then adds her own modification to the traced sketch.

Inspired by or copying someone style are different from taking someone's art and feed it to AI. They are not the same. Just wanna point out that it's a different comparison that you're making here.
Well I seen some of Melkor's work before Chloe and Sydney, he is a good drawer, but there was discussion back then too he stole the work of another, it eventualy got cleared out, that he didn't steal it but just used the same art style, and this art style is pretty old dating back from even the 70s i seen simular drawing style, maybe not as colorful as now, but yea as artist we sometimes get inspired by others, it should not directly be accused of stealing, Disney could sue Melkor too for using some of their characters in his art, that way we could be in a vicious circle that never end, but from what i seen from Melkor, i didn't see any of his drawing to be exact the same as these yet. Simular yes, the same not yet.

4.60 star(s) 27 Votes