VN - Ren'Py - My New Memories [v0.4] [Killer7]

1. 5.00 star(s)

oculusrift94

Just wow. You can remove all the inc*** and sex from game and it would still be great. This game is great as a visual novel. I'm just so invested in the role of being a dad. When the game is done devs needs to a non-adult version of the game and release it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ardenta

Pros:
    Interesting story
    Great character models
    Animations are decent
    Pebbles.

Cons:
    Olivia model kinda looks a bit young to be an adult albeit this isn't intentional and not a big problem
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Cloud_Runner

Just wanted to leave a positive feedback. I'm liking the game way more than the MNF, it wasn't a bad AVN but i'm not a fan of "slice-of-life" type of games, they seem boring to me. This one has some mystery right off the bat, and even tho it's a cliche amnesia, it's quite alright if writing is solid, and it is solid. I didn't get too far into the game yet, but i like what i'm reading. 5* in advance and hopefully it will stay that way. Regards to the dev and good luck with your AVN.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

MasterSai

I can see how this game can be a 5 star for some people because the time and effort into the story is great, but for me I like great animations first story second and the animations are kinda meh in my opinion. Kinda slow, like robots and you can say "well it's not real" but I've seen some fantastic animation so anything less is kinda meh now. Not bad but could be better.

So story - bout 8/10
    Animation - 5/10
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Draco6393

I haven't finished the game yet but I have a good bit of was through it and I absolutely love it. I love the games where it's just like this one. More story than sex scenes. I also relate to this game because I myself was in a horrible accident and got major brain damage. I sometimes forget things like 5min after it happened. When I was in the hospital and people came to see me, I didn't know anybody that came. Even my own mother and father. I slowly started getting my memory back exactly like the MC in this story.

Good job on this game and can't wait till it is fully completed
  6. 5.00 star(s)

jorpy

Amnesia is a trope. When it's used lazily it feels like cliche. I feel like it's relatively common in AVN for amnesia, moving back home, hidden family etc. to become the inciting trigger for what would otherwise be situations that would be hard to flesh out convincingly. They explain the actions/feelings of the main character who now may act unusually, but not so much that of the other characters who presumably have existing thoughts, feelings, morals, and values that have not been effected.

Amnesia in this story is not used lazily. It is not the trigger for new/unusual /unrealistic behavior. There is a history between the protagonist and other characters that explain their actions. Attitudes and feelings have been shifted over a period of years before the events in the story take place. Amnesia is just a tool for that history to be teased out to the audience organically.

I don't review most of the games I play here--and I even less frequently get emotional about one--but there were legit tears in my eyes at the end of the current story(v0.4).

Beyond that, characters are fleshed out, visuals are good. Lewd is present, but not the point. Crossing my fingers that things get to a better place for the creator to continue updating.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

aerox1234

Scoring 4.7/5

Storyline/Originality 3.5/5
    Wording/Dialogue: 5/5 (outstanding)
    Renders: 4.5/5
    Animations: 5/5 (Top tier)
    Character Depth: 4.5/5
    Character Dev: 5/5
    MC Character Arc: 5/5
    Lewd Content: 5/5 (tho this is not objectivly judgable)

Summary:
    This game has its focus on relationship building and its mainly about love rather than lust. While the story is not really original it really lives off the very heartfelt dialogue and overall likeable characters. Each character fells unique but all of them have a very sweet overall tone. The MC has a relativly realistic way of processing the events of the game. You can definitly draw a connection with him. The visuals are among the best I've seen in any game, espacially the animations got a lot of details and work put into. The lewd scenes follow the main theme of the game. Theres a decent amount of them but not like every two minutes with a different girl. All the intimacy feels natural and focused on deepening the bonds between the girls and the MC.

Conclusion:
    If you are looking for a VN with profound romance, that gets you in the feelings this is one of if not the best one. People that like corruption, harem, ntr etc probably wont get satisfied.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Dragon68549

I just finished chapter 3 and have really enjoyed everything and can't wait for the continuation. When it comes to story this is one of the best written AVN I have come across. The story has made me both laugh and tear up at times. As with most AVN more lewd scenes never hurt but even with less than most other AVNs each one felt well done and most of all important to the progression of the story.

Art wise I have seen a few of the faces in other games but with limited resources DEVs can only do so much and each render looks really well done and appeared to get better with each chapter.

Keep up the amazing work and I'm hoping many of the established characters become full LIs in future chapters.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

xSkellington

I had doubt to play and actually didnt play a while but i wanted to give a shot and i regret it not to play sooner. It was the one of the best game i have ever played. I know there is few scene but it was beyond the just sex game. well written, good animation, good characters. I cant wait to play new chapter. Killer7 you are real killer xD
  10. 2.00 star(s)

spacezombie

It just boring.

The MC is very unlikeable , all the other characters are boring.

The models look like nothing special.

The very few sex scenes are vanilla and the animations <re okay I guess but too few.

The gameplay is okay nothing special.

The story could be good but it is sadly very uniteresting.

If you already have so many character I would expect sex scenes with all of them , otherwise it is just a boring story with very little sex so not good.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

xsikal

Really enjoyed this one so far. The daughters (most of them anyway) are a bit loli for my tastes, but throughout the extended family and friends, there's a nice mix of body types and ages.

As far as lewds go, most of the sex scenes are pretty short, but most of the renders are pretty hot as are the situations, so ti balances out.

Definitely a well written, more interesting and (at least slightly) nuanced take on things, aided by the main character's amnesia being the vehicle for introducting relationships and lifestyle elements. A lot of the non-character story beats have been fairly predictable, but that didn't necessarily reduce the impact of those beats. As another reviewer wrote, the game really centers on love and its forms, and it does a great job of depicting a very non-standard family in a way that feels real.

I'm going to check out the dev's other game now too.

Edit: Minor update... I did play My New Family (the dev's oither game), but much preferred this one.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Zapbran

This game is great. It has made me realize that my main fetish is love. I wrote a similar review for another game, but I was thinking of this game when I wrote it. This is my favorite game in a long time, and I will be very upset if it doesn't end well for the MC (and Anna, and everyone else).
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Larrydalobster8300

All I have to say about this game is... OUT FUCKING STANDING!! It is rare that these AVN's can give you an emotional response beyond just the basic neanderthal brain. The writing the connection the characters have to the MC and to each other. I was so afraid that this would be the end with the Dev's tag line at the beginning of the last chapter. Now I feel that it is just getting started with all the relationships that are started and those that are just waiting to blossom. Great job, I can't wait for the next installment.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

kxjoh32

Haven't completed the update as of yet but need to say I'm loving this game.
    Unlike My new Family *another game I love*this game has true sibling rivalry which brings back memories.
    Just a warning and helpful hint, push through the beginning even though you may get somewhat pissed off at the MC, you must realize what happened to him and how scary that can truly be. The game really turns around big time and becomes a game you can't stop playing for the MC does in fact Man up.
    I downloaded this game the other day and I have been playing hours up on hours non stop.
    Love the beautiful original characters which have normal sized boobs lol and all characters have there own special attitude/story.
    Great story line and some awesome animations.
    Thank you so much for sharing :) 5*'s
  15. 5.00 star(s)

N0madS0uL

Really great game, very involved, story rich and complex characters. The premise is not complex and the story is obviously "unbelievable" but written in such way that you could or would want to believe its possible.

The dialogue is a lot and sexual scenes are not overly explicit, vulgar or very kinky (apart from the protagonist's main kink) The models are nicely done and script is well written and proofread.

The game is a slow burn and takes time to get to the sexual bits so don't expect crazy scenes right off the bat. The first issue I noticed (my opinion of course) is that the daughters are all over 18 when they clearly look like 14yo, but its done so for obvious reasons. Though because of the slow burn in the game, I would maybe have opted to stretch the story over several years to compensate for the age issue (at least on the characters under 18)

Otherwise, really pleasant surprise of a game for me and I look forward to seeing what happens next, good work development team :)
  16. 5.00 star(s)

MonkeyZero

I know what I like and what I don't. Story light bangfest, not so much. If that's your idea of an ideal lewd game. Keep moving mothing for you to see here. Hell the developer themselves say so.

However, if you like to go on a little bit more of a deeper story journy, Killer7 is the Dev for you. and from what I've seen in this and the previous game, "My New Family", These are not short jaunts with little substance and a lot of wank material.

Don't get me wrong, you'll get a bit of wank materials, but story, character and a lot of good story too.

My wife and I agree this is one of the best developers on the site. If you not a pussy looking for instant gratification, give this story a roll.

If not, look elsewhere.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Sababukin

Review for 0.4
    One big emotional rollercoaster. Also i have to admit this is the first game i played where MC lost memory at the beggining and this didnt pissed me off.

Graphics at a high level
    The girls are well written and well thought out, there is one thing I can complain about, but it will not affect the rating, explanation below.
    Story - As for the main antagonist I didn't feel threatened for a moment, well I'm used to in these games that nothing will happen to anyone. As for making relationships with girls and getting to know them, I like it a lot. But here too I will have something to complain about.
    Music, it is, I can't say more good or bad.
    MC - I liked the guy, he's not a cunt, he doesn't have creepy thoughts, although the fact that an adult satisfied guy can't hold back an erection looking at his naked daughter is xD

What I'm complaining about.

I understand that this is a game and it has to have different girls, but how is it that two Japanese women, one gives birth to caucassians girls with different hair colors and the other a typical Japanese baby having the same partner xD

I played your previous game for a while and one thing I didn't like very much there, I remember when I reject mom (I did the same thing here) she disappeared from the game like she was deleted, I don't like it, I still would like to know her and her story, but I don't want to have sex with her, it's a shame that the author didn't even try to make a separate path and just cut out the lewdscene, but still give the player the feeling that she is someone important to the protagonist and the family, I saw in a few places the variable responsible for meeting the mother, but there was a skip as if she stopped existing after I decided to reject her, I hope you read this and give some of her and the othera some stories, even if the player is not romantically/sexually interested in the one who reject.
    I understand such a thing as I rejected the therapist, my protagonist in this situation has no need to meet her and talk to her at all, but I really don't understand cutting out characters if they are important to the protagonist, the therapist and the mother are the only ones I rejected, but playing your previous game and not wanting to have anything to do there with the mother and sisters I basically didn't see them at all, so I assume you made the same mistake here, I really hoped it wouldn't happen again.

I wish you the best of luck with your next updates and thank you for a time very well spent.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ahahlberg

Given the general quality of the storytelling in this whole genre, given the poor general grammar, bad or poorly translated dialogue, and weak to nonexistent plots in most of the offerings here, this AVN actually stands out as a superior product with generally great and believable characters with developed backstories and seemingly honest interactions, all done in a context that makes the incestuous premise very plausible. It is a touching story about a reawakening after trauma that works much better than the many similar stories here.
    The author crafted a detailed story with musical soundtrack that fits well.
    I could have done without the part of the story that includes the bad guy as his inclusion almost seems gratuitous and superfluous.
    If there is a con to this product it is the same one Hollywood makes light of all the time, that a blow to the head delivered by a baseball bat is something most victims just shrug off, and in this case where the protagonist has just survived a similar head trauma event in a car crash two weeks prior that caused the amnesia he is supposed to be recovering from. And there are some assertions regarding how amnesia is treated that I believe differ from standard practice (defy the usual logic) and some plot devices regarding medical practice that are clearly done to support weak plot points.
    But even with those flaws, this is a superior story told well. And now that the bad guy is out of the way as of v0.4, I am truly looking forward to the next and future installments where the unresolved plot threads are further developed and finished, hopefully without another gratuitous harm-inflicting villain coming along.
    The girls are all beautiful and the animations well done. If I had a criticism it would be one that applies to almost all visual productions from TV to the movies to AVNs, that of casting characters as genetic siblings that do not actually share common genetic features. When movies and TV do it you have to grant some latitude because finding acting talent with sufficiently similar genetics to play the role of siblings is difficult. But in an AVN where you theoretically have the latitude to make the characters look like siblings you would think it possible to create true siblings. But just as with Hollywood I think that most AVNs draw from a library of pre-made characters that make getting to renders and animations quicker than creating fully-developed unique 3D characters designed to look like siblings.
    But I'm not knocking off any points for that - this is a really good effort and I want to see more!
  19. 4.00 star(s)

hkennereth

This game is a bit ridiculous in a good way. Each release is absolutely massive, and there is about as much content on these releases as some other games spend a year to release. I would appreciate if it came in a more formal chapter format, including some "previously in this game" flashbacks of what the previous chapter went through, because starting another chapter after its long release intervals made me feel like I had more amnesia than the protagonist. But in general, no one should feel like the developer is holding back here.

On this subject... yeah, it's another "the protagonist has amnesia" story, but it has enough of its own spin to the formula to make it unique and interesting as the story actually revolves around that fact, instead of it being simply a plot device to slowly feed backstory to the player. I usually like to rate games in a "mood scale", and this is an odd one because on one hand it deals with some heavy subjects like crime, trauma, broken family relationships, etc, but on the other hand most of the characters you interact with are so positive and understanding all the time that this ends up being the happiest game about a murder attempt I have ever played. It's also very much a harem game, so there won't be many broken hearts here unless you choose to.

Some of the downsides: graphics could use some polish with average-to-subpar character models, very bland lighting, and mostly blank and boring facial expressions, the daughters all suffer from the typical "girls that are declared to be 18 year old to keep the game legal, but look and behave like early teenagers" problem that is so common on this genre, and it's a very, very slow burn that often engages into conversations that overstay their welcome. But with all that said I'm invested in the character's journey, and looking forward to see where the story leads us.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Aluc4242

Ok, my first review of a game here, humm.
    I didn't know what to expect from the game, but it was not this. I played "My New Family" and it was nice, but this one its definitly diferent, in a very good way. Amazing writing and characters with just the right amount of tension and humor to keep me playing. And god damn i fell kind of sad to play in this version (0.4), the cliff hanger is umberable, i want more.

For the Dev: Thank you for your work, i unfortunatly can't support you another way other then this review for now, but know that this game hit me right on the feels, i'll definitly be waiting for more.