4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
The way I understand it from the last couple days of discussion, killer wanted to stay more ambiguous on this point back when he started 0.1 but then pivoted to solidly writing everyone as adult for 0.2+ so that should explain both the choice of models and why 0.2 may feel like it tries to 'make up for lost time' in those characterizations.
It's just sad really, nothing else to say.

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Can say as an older generation person, not looking for the quick pull and tug any longer, but this story in particular is a great story for me.

A little back ground, in '81 I was in a bike car accident, one bad enough that I shouldn't have survived, I did, had to relearn English in the 8th grade. and most of my memories from that time before are out of context, they are there, but when I am visiting with my family and they bring up those memories I don't remember them that way, if that makes sense. sometimes it is a different year a different location. etc.

Guess the only thing in my favor is we moved a lot growing up. so my scrapbook of recovery ties down to a year or so, and some memories have context now.

then 3 years ago I had a Sudden Cardiac Arrest, waking up in a hospital losing 2 weeks of my life and a few days before and after. reading text messages I sent that I don't remember sending, still don't

So reading the story, is very therapeutic, with a fun side also, good build up, and realistic emotions around memory loss,

Thanks,
El
I'm certain if I went through similar experiences to you I would have also used this game for therapeutic reasons since I rely on video games and animals such as cats for feeling at peace with the real world. Of course people like my sister help me through tough times as well, though I'm not talking about my relationship with her being like these games, she's my rock to continue feeling compassion for others despite some of the harsh realities of the world.

Reactions: eldoen

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
For me personally, the name Lena, short for Elena, and Lina are two completely different names that belong to two characters that are completely different in appearance and character.
In general, I do not feel at all any problems with this.
And it also seems to me that it is not too polite on your part to demand the expansion of the game's functionality, despite the fact that Killer has already worked very hard to give us such a wonderful game.
If the names appeared as Elena and Lina, I would 100% agree with you. The issue is that they do not, its Lena and Lina, and so can get a bit confusing when seeing it in a dialog box. Especially when story wise, Sarah and Lina got their last name from the Mueller family, Sarah was Anna's grandmother's name and Sarah just "Came up with" Lina's name for her.. its like Sarah went up to Lena and said "Can I copy your homework?" "Yeah, just make it slightly different" xD So while it maybe unpopular to voice the issue of these two names being too similar, it doesn't make it not an issue.

And I'm not demanding, I see an issue and put forth a reasonable way to fix it. All the core family members are renamable, why not just make a variable for the rest? Problem solved.
I'm not saying the story isn't heartgripping and wonderful, it is and I'm enjoying very much the story that K7 is putting out, that doesn't mean I'm not going to point out ways it could be improved in my opinion. Could I have phrased it in a more polite way? Yes. No but here, I'm sometimes too brash for my own good. Just an acknowledgement. :p

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
If the names appeared as Elena and Lina, I would 100% agree with you. The issue is that they do not, its Lena and Lina, and so can get a bit confusing when seeing it in a dialog box. Especially when story wise, Sarah and Lina got their last name from the Mueller family, Sarah was Anna's grandmother's name and Sarah just "Came up with" Lina's name for her.. its like Sarah went up to Lena and said "Can I copy your homework?" "Yeah, just make it slightly different" xD So while it maybe unpopular to voice the issue of these two names being too similar, it doesn't make it not an issue.

And I'm not demanding, I see an issue and put forth a reasonable way to fix it. All the core family members are renamable, why not just make a variable for the rest? Problem solved.
I'm not saying the story isn't heartgripping and wonderful, it is and I'm enjoying very much the story that K7 is putting out, that doesn't mean I'm not going to point out ways it could be improved in my opinion. Could I have phrased it in a more polite way? Yes. No but here, I'm sometimes too brash for my own good. Just an acknowledgement. :p
If I were you, I would have long ago simply admitted that I was wrong, instead of constructing complex explanations.
Believe me, no one would respect you less for that.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
I just started this game today. I don't know why but when I saw this:
View attachment 1521653

I couldn't help but think of Lord of the Rings....then my mind wandered, is that really a wedding ring? It's kind of big, perhaps a cock ring? One ring to bind them all! :sneaky:
Well, now you can throw Killer the continuation of the story.
Olivia, Morgan, Sabrina, Sofia, Lina, Lena, Yukiko, Bethany, Sarah, Jessica and MC go together on foot to Mount Fujiyama to throw Anna's wedding ring into Fujiyama's mouth to free Anna's body from the evil spirit that has possessed her
On the way, numerous adventures await them, which will further unite their loving family ...

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
If I were you, I would have long ago simply admitted that I was wrong, instead of constructing complex explanations.
Believe me, no one would respect you less for that.
Me saying "Yeah, I could of phrased that better" doesn't negate my points points though.
I still see the names being too close to each other as an issue and being able to rename all the characters instead of just the core family as the easy solution to it.
If you don't, that's fine, we can agree to disagree.

Reactions: Bloodguard

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Well, now you can throw Killer the continuation of the story.
Olivia, Morgan, Sabrina, Sofia, Lina, Lena, Yukiko, Bethany, Sarah, Jessica and MC go together on foot to Mount Fujiyama to throw Anna's wedding ring into Fujiyama's mouth to free Anna's body from the evil spirit that has possessed her
On the way, numerous adventures await them, which will further unite their loving family ...
They have my support AND MY AXE!

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017

Do you actually realize that you are completely serious about the names of drawn characters, fictional images, pixel dolls, in which we all play here?
/sarcasm

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Say that to a blind man or old person... :ROFLMAO:

btw Killer7 you should add at least one proper milf, they all kinda look very young (not that I'm complaining) :p
I get the feeling you're actually asking for an improper MILF...

Loved the use of the reflection in the window in the bedroom scene. Well done!

Has anyone mentioned the Paranormal Parisian Pictures yet?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
I'd (as a native English speaker) pronounce Lena as LAY-nah and Lina as LEE-nah (though an argument could be made for leh-nah for Lena).
actually it would be in context to the nationality of the name, Helena, Elena, Elena, are all common names, and can be pronounced differently, I have family that is Mexican my ex wife is Ukrainian, and I am of German Descent (well as most Americans that have been state side since the time of the Salem witch trials and before, on parts of the family I am Heintz 57). Lena is pronounced 3 different ways in my family :)

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Guys, I just wrote a very difficult Walkthrough mod, worked all night, barely had time.
But it turned out very well, my Walkthrough mod is suitable for both Killer's games - for "My New Family", and for "My New Memories" also!
Here it is: "Always choose the top answer!"
Please let me know if you see any errors or bugs in my Walkthrough mod, so that I can quickly fix them, I will be very grateful.
"Except during Maddie's second test question."
"Also, all the characters you will meet in the game will eventually be lewdable."

The center character too?
Yes, but not until she's 24 or 25.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thank you guys so much for the amazing feedback, really. Feels good to wake up to so many positive comments :).

I'm currently preparing to upload the "fixed" version regarding the Sabrina scene in the park ( so you get the option to not do it if you don't want to ). I will update the links in the OP once its done :).
I probably should have had saves for those various decision points, but then I thought, "Who am I kidding?"

Regarding the size of the two smallest members of the family, I expect Morgan was on puberty blockers very early--it seems that she'd made her decision fairly early and with the level of support she gets from the family, she'd been saved some of the stress of a trans female going through male puberty. If Morgan had gone through male puberty, he probably would have been built more like her dad, which would have added to her dysphoria.

Regarding Olivia, there are rare cases where puberty onset is delayed, or does not go according to the standard model. I expect she never went through the growth spurt, so was growing at a slower rate through her early teen years. From what I understand, youngest daughters often hold on to their juvenile affectations longer than other siblings. She really needs to reach a point in her emotional development where she can make an informed choice. My own eldest granddaughter has always been small for her age, so she may have some of the same situation, being perceived as younger, when she reaches adulthood.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I am going to make a mod that adds a horrible super loud sound of metal chair legs dragged over tile every time one of the girls swivels to talk to the MC in the hospital.
I would have been tempted to have them twist their bodies around, but I expect it would be very difficult to have it look natural. Did they actually turn their chairs or turn in their chairs? I don't remember. But yes, I noticed the abrupt position change.
on another note, come on, not even a little peek?!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think it is to emphasize two related points. First, John is an adult and is unlikely to violate someone's (let alone a loved one's) privacy--unlike Max, Nate (SLF), or the MC from Milfy City. Second is that it is very very clear that the other person has to give john clear signals that they want to go in that direction. No one gets hurt is their motto (especially after a certain person who was too possessive).
idk if this is off topic, but can anyone compare and contrast My New Family to this? I really, really like My New Memories, it strikes the right balance of melodrama and wholesomeness, but a lot of the MNF reviews talk about being forced into certain relationships, or how the MC is super passive.

I'm just wondering how it compares to MNM. Curious to get perspectives from people who particularly like this game.
Regarding the idea of being "super passive," Killer7's work is unlike so many others out there. His are a lot more wholesome than most. The MC does not peep. The MC does not molest. The MC does not impose himself on another. He's very "non-passiv e" when he needs to be, like protecting those he loves, but he does not presume.
But is she going to leave us?

:(
This had me worried throughout the intro. Every scene with Anna had that music that reminded me of Unchained Melody (Ghost), and so often it looked like she was preparing him to care for his family without her. Even with Killer's promises, even knowing Killer's MO, it was hard not to fear. I'm doing much better this time.
Welcome to the Killer7 side of the website my friend. You're in for a good fantastic ride. His storytelling is top notch. If you have not, you should take a look at his other game My New Family. It's also still in progress but it's a lot longer than MNM since he started it a while ago.
Binged the update last night and loved every minute of it.
Calling it now, Yukiko is gonna be our first in the younger generation and I don't think she's gonna take nearly as long as Killer keeps alluding to regarding the trio either. Feels like she inherited all of her mother's "go for what you want" attitude.
Given their interaction in Chapter 1, it seems likely.
One smol request tho, could we have an option to disable the "subtitles" so we can enjoy the full bilingual experience?
When I saw "smol," I was expecting a very different request.
Sandra fills much the same role as Anna in being the instigator of the whole harem thing so she's kinda necessary to the experience. Overall it probably leans even more wholesome too since most issues are past baggage rather than current "dangers".
I think having Sandra or Anna being the prime motivator is important to making this a more wholesome story and not another incest story with a creepy protagonist (like those above).
More like 'lots of story to read' warning. Thanks to the way everything is set up, some relations that would traditionally take like 5 updates to go anywhere are already well past the "oh no it's so wrong" phase. Others will definitely take a while as killer keeps reminding us though, particularly if you're eyeing the trio of daughters.
I think Killer did it well. Without access to many of their formative memories, those with amnesia will often develop a new personality. John's "reset" personality was that of someone who did not grow up with his special family, so was much more conventional when it came to relationships. This is probably a good reason to dole out the truth little by little--there was a good chance the new personality would recoil from all their variations. We see him almost doing that a few times.
Well was looking at the tags and i see it has but i dont remember seeing any trans/futa while playing .
So my question is if the content will just be added later on . Not that it will bother just dont remember seeing any trans / futa in the game.
No futa, though trans is an option.
There is an option quite early in the game about wherter one of MC's daughters are transsexual.
The way the two words are being distinguished by trans individuals today, Morgan would be a transgender individual. Transexual would be one who has had all the surgery (much like the trans character in Kathoey). Morgan has been undergoing hormone replacement therapy, but no surgery as of yet.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Did Bethany suffer some damage to her sense of smell? Too much cocaine in her youth?

Super Mueller Spooning Time!

Anna's comments about John and his lovemaking hit close to home. How lovemaking relates to my own mental health.

And again when she talked about the phone call....Even more tears! Even though I had a good idea what it was about. Hard not to feel a bit of anxiety when one's comatose astral wife tells you the call is from the doctor....
Yeah.. (0.2 spoiler) a pregnancy test would have been ran WAYYYYYYY earlier then this in the real world but then we'd be missing the drama :D
Defintiely! Medical personnel need to know such things before taking x-ray or MRI imaging.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I mean, that goes for most male mcs in AVNS, right? At least it's not the schlong from DMD :D.
At least it's not Max's Magic Golden Penis. Of course, it's the only thing that creepy dweeb has going for him. He turned in all his empathy and compassion for more size.
All of this should be seen in context. The MC has lost his memory and knows nothing about his previous life/family situation. How would you react if your sister-in-law told you out of the blue "Oh yes, by the way, we fuck regularly like rabbits and oh, almost forgot, your niece is also your daughter!"? I don't know how much of the content you have already played, but in the 0.2 update the situation became significantly different regarding the secrets.
One thing to remember is that the personality he woke up with was MUCH more conventional than his previous one.
There shouldn't be such an option at all :mad:, or at least there should be a 4th wall opening immediately afterwards, so that I can punch the MC in the face.
Since it is the player making the decision, John should reach through the screen and give the player a little bit of what Mike got.
Well if she can't give her partner of 18 years, who she allegedly loves, a couple more days to adjust to memory loss, then I really don't see how she could be all that great
As I said, his emergent personality was much more conventional, sexually conservative than the man she'd been with for over 18 years. She was torn because she was so afraid that the New John would reject her.
Liking this so far however as an idea how about putting in rejection scenes when you decide not to have a relationship with one of the girls.
If you want to see something like that, you will probably also eat small children. :mad::cry::LOL:
I would not see such a scene because I would not reject them. I can see the desire to make those players who do reject them have to face what they did. Don't sugar coat it for those unfeeling cads.

Resizer

Aug 12, 2018
I think the main difference between Killer's creativity and the creativity of other game makers is that he, in detail, through small but very important discoveries in the life of the heroes, demonstrates a gradual change in their inner world under the influence of the main idea - in love everything is allowed, if you love - there are no boundaries and obstacles, you can and have the right to speak and act as you feel, and not as you "should".
This is a story of inner liberation and merging with oneself, with one's feelings, the creation of one's own world of love and unity with one's lovers and loved ones.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dragon59

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Though it also ties into the "I want you to remember X but I'm not going to tell you X" problem. Why would all of these people be hesitant to tell him what he was doing if they already know he was completely cool with it first time around? They should generally assume that if he was fine with it then, he should theoretically be fine with it now (especially since the current version of him should have even less societal hangups about things because he shouldn't remember what society thinks is right or wrong).
Remember, John hasn't lost all of his memory, mainly the stuff about his personal life. As such, it would make sense that his emergent personality is more heavily based upon the social norms rather than his personal experience. Having a radically different personality is fairly common in cases like these. Some chose to walk away from marriages and family because the new personality had no connection and felt no obligation. This is one reason the whole family is worried about how he recalls his former life.
Good update, enjoyed it. Lina coming in and fucking up my list of best girls real hard, can't wait to add her to MC's harem. The scenes with Lena were hot and the scene where MC and Sabrina finally had sex was awesome. MC is a dense mother fucker though oh my god, he never figured out his wife was pregnant after all the hints his subconscious or I dunno ghost Anna dropped? If the doc didn't call before the update ended he'd probably still be sitting on the edge of his bed trying to figure it out lol. Glad all of the women in the MC's life being more straight forward and not hiding things anymore.
If you read carefully, he had actually come to the conclusion that it was probably the most likely. He just wasn't sure.
I always wondered that with porn stars like Piper Perri. They can take elephant schlongs fine so I guess some women are just like that :KEK: lets say VN women work like that as well.
Could it be that "Oh no! Could it be that the "You're far to big for li'l ol' me!" is the stuff of male virgin fantasies?
Yeah, I understand close family members are very in sync. But what they have going on is practically ESP.
There was at least one scene where he thought something and Sabrina answered.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
"Male virgin Fantasies" "you're far to big" please pick one
Actually, no. I had a friend who talked about how she decided to have sex with a man who was a virgin in large part because he was so large, all the women he'd met said, "No Way."

What I meant was the virgin fantasy we often see here that they are impressively big because they want to imagine they are. Especially the classic "You're bigger than your father." Sounds very Freudian.

And I want to apologize to everyone for taking up so much page space the last 24 hours. I'd gone months without playing any of my favorite games since I started working on my own. I made a special exception for MNM and I found it hard to contain myself. I've caught up, in both game and forum, so I should be back to normal now.

Or what passes for normal.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes