4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

BL4Z3ST0RM

May 18, 2018
Damn, Did not expect this game to captivate me as hard as it did...

Been playing for a couple of hours now, Held off on trying it out in the first place, for reasons I'm not really sure of myself...

Keep up the good work!

Edit:

Did not realize just how close to the end I was... Damn...

Now I just want more.

Once again, Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Might be me only but the plot twist was visible from before the first time Lena has been mentioned.
I think I pinged onto it the moment you hear something in one of the flashbacks about how nice it would be to have four kids. It's like, but we only have three kids... oh. Ohhhhh.

Reactions: haooni

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Just started playing this, and the MC is coming off as a total dick.

"They are my family? I don't remember them, tell them all to take a hike."

Uh... yeah, about that...
Okay first, total dick move. Remember them or not, they are still family and you should at least try to reach out to them. Especially your own kids.

Second, your family will most likely try and support you even if no one else does. So perhaps you might want to explore that.
Yeah, okay, not all families will help when someone in the family is in need, but most do, to at least *some* extent.

Third, that's how you get memories back, dumbass! You immerse yourself in your old life and in time most of it will come back. For pity sake, its not rocket surgery!

Fourth, when you do get your memories back, if you had been acting like a dick until then and suddenly go "Hey, I remember my kids! Wow! I should go see them!" They will probably be a little irritated that you didn't even try before then.

I don't know if the MC is supposed to be a selfish prick, or what, but it is a real off-putting start.

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021

Okay first, total dick move. Remember them or not, they are still family and you should at least try to reach out to them. Especially your own kids.

Second, your family will most likely try and support you even if no one else does. So perhaps you might want to explore that.
Yeah, okay, not all families will help when someone in the family is in need, but most do, to at least *some* extent.

Third, that's how you get memories back, dumbass! You immerse yourself in your old life and in time most of it will come back. For pity sake, its not rocket surgery!

Fourth, when you do get your memories back, if you had been acting like a dick until then and suddenly go "Hey, I remember my kids! Wow! I should go see them!" They will probably be a little irritated that you didn't even try before then.

I don't know if the MC is supposed to be a selfish prick, or what, but it is a real off-putting start.
Ok, so you're making your own game in your own perfect world, with the perfect story that forms to your own ideas of how mental illnesses should work when?5

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021

To be fair, he starts out completely disoriented and with no memory whatsoever, and pretty much one of the first things the doctor tells him is that he's keeping the family from seeing him and suggests he thinks about whether or not he wants to completely abandon them and start his life over. Aside from being incredibly unethical (and borderline criminal), the doctor putting that in his head almost immediately is a large part of why the MC considers it at all in the first place. Not helped by the fact that you meet with your sister who more or less suggests the same thing, that everyone would be better off if you just left. That's more other people taking advantage of MC's memory loss than it is him being an instinctive dick. The fact that he basically shakes it off fairly quickly implies it was never really a strong motivation on his part in the first place.

To be perfectly honest, with as hard as the game seemed to be pushing a bit of a "trust no one"/"maybe it's better if you don't remember" theme early on, and with how the description on the main page says "hope the people who know you can help", I half-expected the twist to be that his family isn't actually his family at all, and that they're just gaslighting him into thinking they are for sinister reasons. Or you'd turn out to be a total monster who is better off dead/gone.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Well technically you don't know.
The story pretty much is only ~ 10% complete/visible to players so there still is some room for your apparently desired outcome to happen :unsure:

If you don't remember your family and close ones your solution is to snuggle up to those essentially strangers?
Really?

Rocket surgery ... err ... no you're right it isn't.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Well technically you don't know.
The story pretty much is only ~ 10% complete/visible to players so there still is some room for your apparently desired outcome to happen :unsure:

If you don't remember your family and close ones your solution is to snuggle up to those essentially strangers?
Really?

Rocket surgery ... err ... no you're right it isn't.
While I agree 100% with what you are saying here I just gotta ask, what in tarnation is "Rocket surgery"??? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: sava75

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you extremely cute and wholesome people!

Another week, another progress update!

Let's start a little different this time. The Pre-release for My New Memories went live on the weekend for qualified patrons and if you want to give Chapter I a try ( and if you are pledged ) then head over to the discord! The feedback so far has been amazing so I'm even more excited for wednesday now. The update will release everywhere at the same time ( Steam, , discord etc ). So wherever you got the game, you will get the update on time!

Working on this update has been a lot of fun. Even though it took longer than I wanted it to take I'm pretty happy with the overall result. The amount of renders and animations is pretty good for the time I took, at least I think so. And don't forget, I released two MNF updates during my work on this update before I fully focused on My New Memories.

This also means that I will focus on My New Family again now. I'm not sure if I will take a few days off after the release of Chapter I for My New Memories, but I'm already working slowly but surely on 0.22 again. After the pretty hectic last week where I had to finish a lot of animations for My New Memories it should be a bit easier to just focus on writing. Like I said in a few other progress updates, I plan to upgrade my writing for My New Family as well, putting some of the things I started to do in My New Memories into MNF as well ( in regards to the lewd stuff, for example ). I think once you play the update on wednesday you will know what I mean. Don't have that much to share yet but I will most likely next week.

So this progress is a rather short one. I can't wait to hear the feedback from you guys regarding Chapter I for My New Memories. I read the comments on the trailer post ( and on youtube as well ) and I will probably do something like this for every major update. Making this trailer was actually a lot of fun and thankfully I could use the template droidproductions gave me.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
While I agree 100% with what you are saying here I just gotta ask, what in tarnation is "Rocket surgery"??? :ROFLMAO:
That was my question as well.
I understand "rocket science" and "brain/heart surgery" being used as a means to transport how difficult something is. But "rocket surgery"? :oops:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HornyyPussy

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
I understand "rocket science" and "brain/heart surgery" being used as a means to transport how difficult something is. But "rocket surgery"? :oops:
Same thing, it's just crossing the original two because it's funny.

Reactions: buttfan

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I dunno about you, but I'd think trying to give a rocket an appendectomy wouldn't be very easy. Try getting a Saturn V rocket to turn its head and cough while you're grabbing its "Blue Origin.":oops:

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
While I agree 100% with what you are saying here I just gotta ask, what in tarnation is "Rocket surgery"???
It's a closely related field to torpedo surgery, which you may remember being depicted in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.
1637594524849.png

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
It's been a while since I commented on anything related to Killer7 but I want to say not only am I a huge fan of his work mainly due to genuine romance and wholesome family togetherness, also because I love the kind of positive attitude Killer7 displays every time he posts and comments to the community. I may not be 100% German but I have enough of that side of me to know how he feels about his games and how he treats the community. He is definitely one of the good ones in this world and I believe we can have more like him to make this world a better place in my opinion.:):)

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
It's an old joke.

"It's not brain surgery"/"It's not rocket science" are the usual go to idioms for saying something is easy. Crossing the two (so saying either "It's not brain science"/"It's not rocket surgery") is basically implying you're stupid and confused, which implies the thing in question is even easier, because even an idiot understands it.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
It's an old joke.

"It's not brain surgery"/"It's not rocket science" are the usual go to idioms for saying something is easy. Crossing the two (so saying either "It's not brain science"/"It's not rocket surgery") is basically implying you're stupid and confused, which implies the thing in question is even easier, because even an idiot understands it.
And with that explanation making the originally quoted post even more cringe ...

• Angry

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
Really?
For fuck sake, I knew someone was going to say something stupid like this. But I gave the benefit of the doubt anyway...

There is a pretty wide gap between "I don't remember you, fuck off" and "let's act like nothing has changed".

Trying to reconnect while keeping in mind that the person has no memory is what you are supposed to do. Walking away from your old life like it didn't exist is going to make recovering memories a whole lot harder, and is a completely dick thing to do to the people who remember *you*. And even if you don't know about your children, you still have an obligation - that's the entire basis behind paternity suits.

My father had Alzheimer's, and yes it was tough on everyone, by the time he died he had forgotten everyone, but in the middle years the process was to remind him of who people were, show him pictures and things tell him about them, and so on. Sometimes it came back to him, sometimes it didn't. But neither side just walks away.

Ok, so you're making your own game in your own perfect world, with the perfect story that forms to your own ideas of how mental illnesses should work when?5
Oh wow, the apologist brigade is out in force. "I like this game, how DARE you say something bad about it! I like it, therefore it is perfect, and anyone who says anything bad about it is attacking me personally!"

Fuckin' fanbois...

I am quite aware of how mental illness does and doesn't work, unlike apparently the apologist brigade. Yes, he may act like an idiot, but it is the job of the doctor and psychiatrist to tell him to get his head out of his ass, and actually talk to these people to see if he can remember anything, and perhaps go to his old home and see if anything triggers a memory. Especially photographs. He already had a memory of the one photograph, and his wife, it was not at all unreasonable to assume more could be triggered.

On top of that, this is a guy who remembers nothing about himself or anyone else, and his first inclination is to throw away the people who actually may want to support him? That is beyond idiotic, that's practically suicidal.

However, with that said, we do have a useful counterpoint:

To be fair, he starts out completely disoriented and with no memory whatsoever, and pretty much one of the first things the doctor tells him is that he's keeping the family from seeing him and suggests he thinks about whether or not he wants to completely abandon them and start his life over. Aside from being incredibly unethical (and borderline criminal), the doctor putting that in his head almost immediately is a large part of why the MC considers it at all in the first place.
Finally, someone makes an intelligent observation.
It is a fair comment that the doctor bears a lot of responsibility for this, I do mention above that it is the Doctor and Psychiatrists job to set him on the right path, so perhaps I should say their actions are the most unbelievable, instead of the brain damaged MC's.

The fact that he basically shakes it off fairly quickly implies it was never really a strong motivation on his part in the first place.
I haven't got that far. So that reinforces the above statement then that the problem is the questionable behavior of the professionals, more than the MC's.

Not sure if the writer just has a really dim view of the medical profession, or wasn't too concerned about it in the name of their story, But as was pointed out to me by Belle (of Long Live the Princess, the dev, not the character, obviously) when I had a discussion with them, something in a story doesn't need to be realistic, otherwise you can't have fantasy and science fiction. But it does need to be believable, or at least reasonably believable.

Remains to be seen if there are other parts of the story that push the suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

Last edited:

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I honestly think part of the reason the Doctor says that, and why the story starts out like that, is that people can easily be taken advantage of in similar situations. The MC is a well known person in the world, who is very well off, making that an even greater danger.

It may be more extreme than what would happen in real life, I don't know never having been witness to such a situation, but I don't think it reflects as poorly on the people involved as some people have taken it.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
On top of that, this is a guy who remembers nothing about himself or anyone else, and his first inclination is to throw away the people who actually may want to support him? That is beyond idiotic, that's practically suicidal.
You realize you could trust your family in the case that you lost your memories because your memories reinforce the idea that they're trustworthy people to you. If you didn't have your memories then you'd have nothing reinforcing that perspective. It's a completely rational response to be put off seeing a complete stranger tearing up and getting all emotional over you and you not feeling the same way. It's uncomfortable and it's guilt inducing.

I haven't got that far. So that reinforces the above statement then that the problem is the questionable behavior of the professionals, more than the MC's.
I believe there's only a week of in game content. Maybe you should try getting to at least day 2 or 3 before you run to the forums to tell everyone how upset you are about it.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes