jk1990

Sep 3, 2023
I've had the same issue and now I cannot do anything on the game without the same error coming up. It has become unplayable
Yeah. It's sad. Reinstalled the game couple times and still the issue persists. And a lot of folks seem to have posted similar error logs, so it seems to be recurring issue, but weirdly crashes occur at different points along the game.

Hopefully, it gets looked at somewhere down the line and gets fixed via updates, but until then I am gonna try other games, i guess. Replaying multiple hours again with a high possibility that the same crash can occur, does not really give a good vibe. I really liked the game until then, but it is what it is.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 1.55 + IC toggle

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

IMPORTANT Instructions:
1. Download the APK:

Mega
Size 329 MB

2. Install the apk and run it once.

If you are upgrading and you already have the RPA file you can stop here.

3. Download the RPA file:

Mega
Size 1.97 GB

4. Move the RPA file to the game directory on your phone:
Documents/Renpy_Saves/com.estrada777.mynewneighbors/game
The file MUST be named: archive-1.30.rpa

5. Restart the game and enjoy.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Reactions: KAParrot

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
How do you buy the gift at the mall to progress the cousin? The mall is unlocked but going there offers no option to do or buy anything.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
you should automatically go to it and buy it.
Must be bugged then as when you select the option go the mall, you don't and magically she back to sleeping again in her bed. The phone updates to buy the gift at the mall, the mall gets unlocked but there is nothing to do there. Even tried the compressed version, exact same issue - this game is Buggy with a capital B lol

Last edited:

KNV

Oct 11, 2017
Wow, thank you very much. Did you create these, or are they from the dev?
Was myself, but looks like OP has some other ones that might be from the dev now? It's only like ~20-30 lines that needed editing, not sure why dev hasn't fixed since it's been at least two updates and is a super easy fix just reading the errors ren.py is giving.

Reactions: chaughton22

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of My New Neighbours v1.55
Incest patch added.
Added toggle for nav buttons, if you find somewhere they are not working let me know.
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
**Special Instructions:**

Install apk.
Grant storage permissions on first run!
On first run you will get a prompt to copy the archive.rpa file to documents/Wills747/mynew.neighbors/game folder.
(game will quit now)
Copy the archive.rpa file to the directory indicated in game.
Restart the game.
Keep in mind if your default install location is an actual SD card and slow speed this may slow the launch.
Also, keep archive.rpa. I'll use it for future updates to minimise the apk size.

archive.rpa (2GB, 0-->1.50):
Mega

Apk v1.55 (118Mb, v1.50):
Mega
Updated my Android port to v1.55

Evuhl669

May 2, 2022
Dev really need to get some good proof readers for this game... i kind of like it and i usually dont like games like this.. but the spelling is horrendous...

Please DEV try to fix it...

JakJakk

Jul 27, 2022
Hi.

Wanted to ask if there was a definitive fix for the phone.rpy error? I did use the phone fix Patch linked in the OP the first time i started the game ( first install/ play-through) but still the error keeps occurring after leaving the spa with Ally.
I suspect your error may relate to day of time tracking, and no catch for invalid times is causing a UI error. Going to sleep sets the time of day back on track. Tested in a few scenarios and the attached file should catch the issue to prevent the UI crash, set the time to late night and if stuck allow you to click the time of day icon in the upper right corner to jump to your bedroom and prompt you to sleep.

Reactions: jk1990

jk1990

Sep 3, 2023
I suspect your error may relate to day of time tracking, and no catch for invalid times is causing a UI error. Going to sleep sets the time of day back on track. Tested in a few scenarios and the attached file should catch the issue to prevent the UI crash, set the time to late night and if stuck allow you to click the time of day icon in the upper right corner to jump to your bedroom and prompt you to sleep.
MATE,

You are A FREAKING GENIUS. That fixed it. 4 lines of code and BOOM! It now works as intended. Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Reactions: JakJakk

Eyeballpaul

Sep 24, 2022
Hi.

Wanted to ask if there was a definitive fix for the phone.rpy error? I did use the phone fix Patch linked in the OP the first time i started the game ( first install/ play-through) but still the error keeps occurring after leaving the spa with Ally.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Mate, jkjk868 was kind enough to cook up a fix for the issue that worked for me, Maybe try it and see if it works for you too?
I've literally just tried it and I've managed to get back to the house and sleep (couldn't do that before) but I'm going out for the evening now. Will try it out properly tomorrow and report back but so far it seems to have fixed things!!

jk1990

Sep 3, 2023
I've literally just tried it and I've managed to get back to the house and sleep (couldn't do that before) but I'm going out for the evening now. Will try it out properly tomorrow and report back but so far it seems to have fixed things!!
It should work, I think. I had the same issue and after slotting the new UI2 file, I was actually able to finish the whole content available as of now, or at the very least I think so because the in game hints are a bit unreliable at times. I hope you get to finish the current content too.

Its amazing that we have members like jkjk868 who help the community with fixes like these. I think they did another fix for the game a few pages back too. Truly an amazing individual.

Reactions: JakJakk
3.70 star(s) 69 Votes