• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed My Normal Family [Final] [Firenzo]

1.60 star(s) 7 Votes

jfjfjfjfjf

Oct 8, 2018
mirenzo hi Mirenzo! Mirenzo, don’t get sad or frustrated over people who haven’t done a single render in their lives and they only know to criticize while pointlessly ranting on.

keep safe my friend and thank you for the brilliant content of your game, I really enjoyed the incest interactions and hopefully we’ll get to see something similar in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: JanisL and mirenzo

pemoj

Feb 26, 2019
mirenzo hi Mirenzo! Mirenzo, don’t get sad or frustrated over people who haven’t done a single render in their lives and they only know to criticize while pointlessly ranting on.

keep safe my friend and thank you for the brilliant content of your game, I really enjoyed the incest interactions and hopefully we’ll get to see something similar in the future.
Renders? What renders? If this black chick with monkey face is a render for you, it´s crystal clear you don´t know what a render is.

807709_1598678823107.png

Now I know the other game this amateur developer has "completed", at least this time has been correctly labeled as "abandoned":

https://f95zone.to/threads/amazons-island-v0-03-firenzo.10306/

I´ve played it too, and like everything this amateur developer does, it was promising until the developer "completed" it to start a new proyect, which now we know is "completed" as well. That´s not serious nor professional, and I don´t understand how can people defend a guy that can´t finish a game. Let´s see how many months we need until the developer "completes" his game to start the process again.

I´m fed up of this developer, I have like 200 GB of games downloaded from this forum that barely or didn´t play at all, and I don´t want to play a game that sooner or later will be "completed". There are dozens of very good games with real renders (oh, and most of them not made using Illusion software) that deserves my time instead a game that we all know will never be finished.

rasi

Mar 31, 2019
I also stuck at "Alex Lover 38". I did everything of the hint, but the invitation call to cinema of Ester cannot be done. Next bug: if i am going to Bob's or Franks houses "Late Night" to fuck the girls, I always get a "Game Over".

Ozorius

May 22, 2018
[QUOTE = "mirenzo, postagem: 4662440, membro: 58603"]
Se você puder usar o console, escreva "esworksex1 = False" sem as aspas. Caso contrário, coloque seu save aqui, eu vou consertar para você.
[/CITAR]
onde exatamente escrever isso? você pode enviar uma foto ou falar o lugar exato para escrever

rasi

Mar 31, 2019
I also stuck at "Alex Lover 38". I did everything of the hint, but the invitation call to cinema of Ester cannot be done. Next bug: if i am going to Bob's or Franks houses "Late Night" to fuck the girls, I always get a "Game Over".

Now I found the problem:
I made the beach event before having Naomi finished to raise the stats to max for that point.

Have a nice day by repairing it.

Feb 19, 2018
Hint says give David bromide to raise lust (its at 15) but he is already at clinic and if i go there its only giving work options. Is this a bug?
Another bug: Ran into a situation where ester cinema refused to work and had to console mclover to 40
Another one: Frank's house at night ending sends you to main page.

esworksex1 not defined...crash
after bullshitting with console a bunch now I am stuck at Katrin saying stay last night but nothing triggers.

Man this game more bugs than cyberpunk at this point, atleast that game is fun. Big yikes on this "completed" game.

Last edited:

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Have you looked into the walkthrough? I was stranded at the same situation. The walkthrough explains what to do, the hint system unfortunately not. Look directly after the status picture at the middle of the walkthrough.

mirenzo
I had the same issue.
When you have sex with either Bridget or Ursula at Late Night time the game just jumps to the Main Menu afterwards. Ne error message or anything else.

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Have you looked into the walkthrough? I was stranded at the same situation. The walkthrough explains what to do, the hint system unfortunately not. Look directly after the status picture at the middle of the walkthrough.

mirenzo
I had the same issue.
When you have sex with either Bridget or Ursula at Late Night time the game just jumps to the Main Menu afterwards. Ne error message or anything else.
Hi, I don't know at which point in the game you are but I tried my last two saves provided in the game and everything works fine. (in the PC version)

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Hi, I don't know at which point in the game you are but I tried my last two saves provided in the game and everything works fine. (in the PC version)
I'm also playing the PC version.
This happened to me once. I think I went to Bridget's home to look after Frank at Night or at Late Night time and then had sex with her. I lost about two hours of gameplay. So I never did that again.
I'd suggest to try Late Evening, Night, & Late Night to see at what point this happens.

Also, I would suggest to make sure that when the MC investigates both Frank or Bob but doesn't have sex with the ladies only one time slot passes and not two or three.

Additionally, I'm actually at the Kelly Conference Hotel scene in the evening and the graphics of the animations are very poor. Is this supposed to be that way? The former animations except for the Ivy/Denise scenes had a much better quality.

I'd also suggest to take your time to sync the beginning and the end of the animations so that they look like they are in one flow when the game repeats them. It doesn't matter how long the animations are (exactly 1, 2 or 3 seconds for example), just that they are in sync.

It seems that you set the trigger for David to go to the hospital based on Katrin's Love or Lust points. That causes David to go to the hospital way earlier than it should be the case (after the MC talks with David about the cure). Maybe you should set a separate trigger there.

There's also a hint missing for when you should call Ester and invite her to go to the cinema. Maybe you should add it.

That's it so far from my side.

If you sync the animations and keep their quality constant and fix the stuff I mentioned the quality of the game should raise by a lot. Maybe some additional text tweaks for the ladies working in the mall or when you meet them at Ivy's home would be nice so that they don't all always say the same.
After that you could even try to contact Stream and sell your game on their platform. That should allow you to make some extra bucks.

Edit:
It doesn't make sense that after Naomi broke up with Bob she still mentions in her room that she is engaged to Bob (end of 0.5.0). Maybe you should change that.

The hint for setting up everything for Katrin dinner still remains in the hint list after finishing the dinner date. It should've been deleted right after.

Last edited:

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
If your mclover is 38 you can call her by phone and invite to cinema. If you can't please post me your save (also in private if you want).
The hint for that is missing in the hint system. Please add it.
Hint: Call Esther and invite her to the cinema. Chose the horror movie.

The same goes for what to do next after the pool threesome with Ivy and Harry. The hint system doesn't give any further hint at that moment.
The hint should be something like: At Night time visit Katrin in her room. Enter the room.

And btw. I agree with the others that making Harry Ivy's boyfriend wasn't the best decision.
Harry being her customer or meeting him as a patient at the hospital for example would've been better.
The scientist responsible for the experimental treatment David gets could've asked for another test object and that way Harry could've been added into the game.
Actually with him in the game you should've added the NTR tag. It isn't even avoidable.

Last edited:

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I'm also playing the PC version.
This happened to me once. I think I went to Bridget's home to look after Frank at Night or at Late Night time and then had sex with her. I lost about two hours of gameplay. So I never did that again.
I'd suggest to try Late Evening, Night, & Late Night to see at what point this happens.
I fixed this but can't remember in which version of the game, the problem is that I can't change the variables in your old saves.
Additionally, I'm actually at the Kelly Conference Hotel scene in the evening and the graphics of the animations are very poor. Is this supposed to be that way? The former animations except for the Ivy/Denise scenes had a much better quality.
You're right, I started this game using an outdated video making program which I then changed and didn't have time to replace all the old videos.
No hint is omitted, if you can edit my hint file you'll see that the hint to go to the cinema with Ester (sis1) is in lines 186-187, the problem is that the hints have to be done in the order they appear for example, if you have three hints to do, you have to do the first one first and then the others. Perhaps this is my fault that I should have prevented a second hint from appearing until you have done the first.
I got this error while using the hint system. Looks like a variable isn't defined properly:
You're right, this is my mistake, if you can use the console add this: esworksex1 = False

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
I fixed this but can't remember in which version of the game, the problem is that I can't change the variables in your old saves.

You're right, I started this game using an outdated video making program which I then changed and didn't have time to replace all the old videos.
No hint is omitted, if you can edit my hint file you'll see that the hint to go to the cinema with Ester (sis1) is in lines 186-187, the problem is that the hints have to be done in the order they appear for example, if you have three hints to do, you have to do the first one first and then the others. Perhaps this is my fault that I should have prevented a second hint from appearing until you have done the first.

You're right, this is my mistake, if you can use the console add this: esworksex1 = False
I've started to play the game just a few days before so there are no "old" saves from older versions of the game.

My suggestion would be - if you want to sell this game on a larger platform - to redo the early videos with the new program. I've seen that the later video sequences are done much better. Also have a look into the shoulder and arm movements. In quite some scenes they jump strangely which is quite irritating.

Yeah, at the beginning I didn't look into the walkthrough and I also didn't always follow the exact order of the hint list. I didn't know that. I suggest that the hint system either should be adjusted accordingly with a message to do the hints in order or that you adjust the triggers of the hints to allow them to be done in parallel. Only looking out for certain Lover, Love and Trust points alone doesn't work quite well. Especially the David hospitalization has to be triggered differently than just by looking out for Katrin's points.
As for the hint trigger for the Ester Cinema event ("Call [sis1name], invite her to Cinema, choose Horror movie"):
The reason for why this doesn't work is because you've set the trigger "mclover >= 38 and mclover <= 39". This leads to the situation that the hint trigger only appears when mclover matches exactly 38. In my opinion you should delete "mclover <= 39". then the hint will be triggered once the mclover is 38 or larger. There are additional checks that specify the hint already enough.

Btw., You should change the hint trigger for the Katrin dinner (first sex) hint "Go kitchen Late Afternoon, if you have everythings set the table, scenes will be automatic") by adding "and momlove == 55".
Reason: The hint gets triggered if you have more of the required items in your inventory even if the scene has been already finished. At the end of that scene you increase the momlove variable by +8, so if you do the change I suggested the hint will only trigger at this specific situation right before the mom dinner event itself.

I'll set the mentioned variable (esworksex1 = False) in the console. However, I think this variable should be changed to esworksex2 in the hint.rpy. Because that is the correct name of the variable you've set in the corresponding event in sis1room.rpy in the lines 1049 and 1052 . Maybe you will also need to add other hints for esworksex3 and esworksex4 in order to add hints for those events if I'm not wrong. Also make sure that the corresponding scenes don't trigger too early in Ester's room. I'm already at the final work scene there because they seem to appear too early (each night after the first work sex scene in Ester's room) and now the hint in line 200 will not trigger anymore because sis1lust is already higher than 57.

Last edited:

mirenzo

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I've started to play the game just a few days before so there are no "old" saves from older versions of the game.

My suggestion would be - if you want to sell this game on a larger platform - to redo the early videos with the new program. I've seen that the later video sequences are done much better. Also have a look into the shoulder and arm movements. In quite some scenes they jump strangely which is quite irritating.

Yeah, at the beginning I didn't look into the walkthrough and I also didn't always follow the exact order of the hint list. I didn't know that. I suggest that the hint system either should be adjusted accordingly with a message to do the hints in order or that you adjust the triggers of the hints to allow them to be done in parallel. Only looking out for certain Lover, Love and Trust points alone doesn't work quite well. Especially the David hospitalization has to be triggered differently than just by looking out for Katrin's points.
As for the hint trigger for the Ester Cinema event ("Call [sis1name], invite her to Cinema, choose Horror movie"):
The reason for why this doesn't work is because you've set the trigger "mclover >= 38 and mclover <= 39". This leads to the situation that the hint trigger only appears when mclover matches exactly 38. In my opinion you should delete "mclover <= 39". then the hint will be triggered once the mclover is 38 or larger. There are additional checks that specify the hint already enough.

Btw., You should change the hint trigger for the Katrin dinner (first sex) hint "Go kitchen Late Afternoon, if you have everythings set the table, scenes will be automatic") by adding "and momlove == 55".
Reason: The hint gets triggered if you have more of the required items in your inventory even if the scene has been already finished. At the end of that scene you increase the momlove variable by +8, so if you do the change I suggested the hint will only trigger at this specific situation right before the mom dinner event itself.

I'll set the mentioned variable (esworksex1 = False) in the console. However, I think this variable should be changed to esworksex2 in the hint.rpy. Because that is the correct name of the variable you've set in the corresponding event in sis1room.rpy in the lines 1049 and 1052 . Maybe you will also need to add other hints for esworksex3 and esworksex4 in order to add hints for those events if I'm not wrong. Also make sure that the corresponding scenes don't trigger too early in Ester's room. I'm already at the final work scene there because they seem to appear too early (each night after the first work sex scene in Ester's room) and now the hint in line 200 will not trigger anymore.
The problem why the hint system sometimes malfunctions is that I introduced it around version 10 of the game and couldn't change the variables in the saves of players who had already experienced those scenes.
Anyway, the hint about the sexy dinner with Katrin should only be triggered when the variable dinner_mom is false, and right after you talk to Katrin about the dinner the variable becomes true.
---
elif mclover == 86 and momlove == 55 and dinner_mom == False:
"Wait [dadname] to be in clinic (skip days if needed), have breakfast with [momname], Romantic dinner event start"
elif mclover == 86 and momlove == 55 and dadacasa == False and dinner_mom:
"Go Shopping Center and buy: 2 wine, 3 candelabrum, 6 flowers, 1 dress"
elif ihave("flowers") >= 6 and ihave("candelabrum") >= 3 and ihave("wine") >= 2 and ihave("dress") >= 1:
"Go kitchen Late Afternoon, if you have everythings set the table, scenes will be automatic"
maybe here after dress >= 1, just becouse someone want to buy all item double, I have to add (as you suggest) and momlove == 55 but this make not much sense now that the game is complete.
The dadinclinic days count is not related to Katrin's points but to the MC's points and should only start after dad goes to the clinic the first time in fact that's where the variable "dadinclinic1" becomes true for the first time.

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
Thank you but, given the little success my game has had, I have no desire to sell it on any platforms.
Well, that's up to you.
I think with a bit of an overhaul you could get it ready for sale. The models and especially the later animation quality aren't that bad. If you get the whole game on the same level and do some tweaks here and there it should be fine.

For your next game - if you want to develop one - I'd suggest a more flexible story line that allows the player to advance several characters at the same time and maybe some more individual character development.

Reactions: mirenzo

walkerjonny

Apr 22, 2019
So, I have "finished" the game now...
And to be honest, I feel unsatisfied. The game doesn't feel finished. There are too many loose ends. Some characters haven't even been developed at all. There are even one or two locations which never haven't been used at all. This game isn't finished, it has been abandoned.
And this so called "ending" also isn't even a harem ending. Without a proper harem ending this game doesn't even really deserve the harem tag. So this "ending" is just an alibi ending to pretend that the game is finished.
Actually the game just had become a bit more interesting with the last twist. But now it just seems to be a missed opportunity.
It is really sad to see such things happening because the idea behind this game was really nice.

Many animations at the beginning of the game could've been done a lot better. The later ones are quite ok although there still are some graphical errors. I understand the authors comment about switching to a newer video making software but it would have been nice if he would've redone the earlier animations step by step to improve the overall quality of the game.

What I've missed especially in this game is a proper story telling. Many things just suddenly happen and there's not very much character development aside from the sex scenes at all. Especially Emily, which was supposed to be the MC's girlfriend, was neglected way too much. There was no interaction between her and his family or any other characters in the game at all. She wasn't threated like she should have been as his girlfriend and especially not like she should have been as his fiancée.

Another thing that is also missing is that there are way too less repeatable events in my opinion, both with the family members but also with many of the other characters.

Conclusion: Unfortunately only a very mediocre game that wasted much of ist potential. It could have been a really good game if the author hadn't lost his interest in it - again - as it looks like.

Reactions: HansDampf788
1.60 star(s) 7 Votes