JJNIT

Mar 29, 2022
The game is great but it feels like the updates are getting shorter and farther between. The number of scenes per update are give or take the same but the quality of the scenes vary. This update 0.7 seems like the first scene got a decent amount of attention while that last scene (only 2 in this update) felt like 3 or 4 stills in-between dialog. Problem is it took 8 months.

Reading other comments seem to suggest the creator caught mono at some point but mono with treatment takes a month to two months if you have it rough, so giving them a benefit of a doubt let's say it took 3 months to treat. That means 5 months of work, which is still longer between updates the previous updates. Remember initial release is shown, maybe I'm misinterpreting but it looks to be started in Jan of 2022, 8 months since prior update means 0.6 launched in June 2023. From Jan 2022 to June 2023 that's about a year and a half so 5 updates in 18 months to now 1 update in 8 months.

I don't want to jump to conclusions just yet but I would suggest caution in supporting the creator moving forward. It could truly be a series of issues causing the gap. BUT between now and the next update should be watched with skepticism. Patreon shows they make 15K a month plus they also sell an adult toy based on the Emelie character on Bad Dragon (ironically I swear I wasn't shopping, just someone brought up "bad dragon" as a joke on discord and I was like "what's that?" and checked it out and being a straight dude, I looked at products that were not dildos and happen to fine the masturbator with this creator credited).

Point is the creator is well funded just from patreon and also has a brand deal with an adult toy company and if they don't produce the product, don't pay.

Alucard421

Aug 5, 2021
Why is that once a developer with good art starts making good money from their game or from their art, they turn out to be greedy shits who start exploting their consumers and give peanuts in return for months? SO they never had any plan to actually give good update to their paying customers and just lured them with initial good art and after money start rolling in, they show their exploitative nature? Same shit happened with What a Legend, Summertime Saga. Only Dev I saw who are giving consistent quality updates are the guys from NLTMEDIA, who have now 3 games under their belt and those get consistent updates.

• Sad
Reactions: _Maou_

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Patreon shows they make 15K a month plus they also sell an adult toy based on the Emelie character on Bad Dragon (ironically I swear I wasn't shopping, just someone brought up "bad dragon" as a joke on discord and I was like "what's that?" and checked it out and being a straight dude, I looked at products that were not dildos and happen to fine the masturbator with this creator credited).
You can't just tell us that and not post a pic.
I have heard the term "Bad Dragon" mentioned on the Chans but I have never seen any product related to it. Are you telling me there is a Emelie based sex toy? I would look it up myself but... I'm not sure I want that in my search history.
I am almost afraid to ask but I am morbidly curious.

Reactions: JohnnyFarrel

Ausfro

Dec 7, 2017
You guys would really rather fuck a pig than a human, huh?

When the Pig looks like that, yeah. I'm a big fan of semi-anthro and fantasy raceplay with human supremacy, so content where you get to be a large humie with a bitch-breaker dicking down a shortstack cutie like that is perf. That said i'd love to play a game wherein it was a shortstack human girl if the artist can make them cute af like this one--but unfortunately there aren't that many options on the market.

Reactions: Rino74 and monk_56

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
Why is that once a developer with good art starts making good money from their game or from their art, they turn out to be greedy shits who start exploiting their consumers and give peanuts in return for months? SO they never had any plan to actually give good update to their paying customers and just lured them with initial good art and after money start rolling in, they show their exploitative nature? Same shit happened with What a Legend, Summertime Saga. Only Dev I saw who are giving consistent quality updates are the guys from NLTMEDIA, who have now 3 games under their belt and those get consistent updates.
I am not an artist (best I can do is edits) but I have worked on several game mods, some code projects and a handful of fanfics, I always start out strong but after a while I get tired of it and work on it less and less until I just move on to something else; I think it's the same for a lot of artists.

I have never taken money or even put any kind of lasting name (just burners) to anything I made which is a key difference but the mentality is the same; they start out with a burst of inspiration but after a while inspiration turns in to busy work, at the same time the money keeps coming in so they can't abandon it but they can't force themselves to work on it either. This probably hits artistic types much harder due to their nature.

Eventually they get used to the money always being there even when very little is put out so they settle in to a routine and everybody knows rest.
I am not saying every case is like that, there's definitely grifters galore when it comes to Patreon but CyanCapsule doesn't strike me as a grifter from the start.

Hertopaly

Donor
Sep 25, 2017
You can't just tell us that and not post a pic.
I have heard the term "Bad Dragon" mentioned on the Chans but I have never seen any product related to it. Are you telling me there is a Emelie based sex toy? I would look it up myself but... I'm not sure I want that in my search history.
I am almost afraid to ask but I am morbidly curious.
42298a95-09be-45a0-93d3-204843dbf277.jpg

Reactions: Aashawn and 99hours

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
When the Pig looks like that, yeah. I'm a big fan of semi-anthro and fantasy raceplay with human supremacy, so content where you get to be a large humie with a bitch-breaker dicking down a shortstack cutie like that is perf. That said i'd love to play a game wherein it was a shortstack human girl if the artist can make them cute af like this one--but unfortunately there aren't that many options on the market.
Not a big fan of anthro myself, would strongly prefer if it was various breeds of elves or something of the like but I am with you on the rest. TBH I just kind-of pretend Emelie is a human girl with a funny nose and tune out everything else, most all her features are so close to human that it's not hard. Quick little edit but this is what I see in my mind when I look at her:

screenshot0006 copy.jpg

Last edited:

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
I hope this game reaches the final version this year. I sincerely do, I hope the developer can power through the finish line.
Not a chance, all the stuff that's been teased is gonna take a long time even at a quick pace.
Plot with Emelie is just started, there is the wolf war plot-line, meeting Emelie's parents, stuff with the tailor, stuff with the bookshop girl, and probably other characters we haven't seen yet.
Even if they did a decent sized update every month it still wouldn't be enough to finish this year and thats not gonna happen even if the artist was really motivated just due to the fact that good 2D art takes a lot of time (and this game has some really nice 2D art).

I take edit requests on Chans sometimes and even just doing colors, backgrounds, and basic shading on line art can take hours per piece depending on the complexity. I am an amateur but even for a proper artist doing full color storybook style art takes time. Pro manga artists work in teams of 5+ people who are all professionals and are pushed really hard and even they struggle to put out black and white 2D art on a semi weekly basis.

You should see some of the other ones.
View attachment 3392959
Now you guys are just trying to give me nightmares... looks like a sand worm from Dune.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoneHunting

The French Tickler

Apr 12, 2020
Not a big fan of anthro myself, would strongly prefer if it was various breeds of elves or something of the like but I am with you on the rest. TBH I just kind-of pretend Emelie is a human girl with a funny nose and tune out the everything else, most all her features are so close to human that it's not hard. Quick little edit but this is what I see in my mind when I look at her:

View attachment 3392962
That legitimately scared me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
You guys would really rather fuck a pig than a human, huh?
Honestly, pig is lowest tier of monster girl imo, would perfer just about any other race instead. But when the art is this good you gotta make do.

4.80 star(s) 210 Votes