3D-Daz Apolloladdie... My renders. All feedback welcome :)

Do you enjoy Cross Eye 3D pictures

• They are my favorite!!!

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I wish there was more

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I like them

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • I like them but they hurt my eyes

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • They are ok

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • Not a fan

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • I hate them

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Burn them with fire

Votes: 9 10.3%

• Total voters

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Fun topics and I love the cross-eye 3D! I am just going to go ahead and click like on all of them. I have played with cross eye 3D in the past but never stuck with it. The main issue is that, I learned how to cross my eyes and then be able to refocus my eyes so that I can view the image without having to get close to the screen. So I can enjoy cross eye content. However, most of those in my personal irl friends group can barely even cross their eyes, so I gave up (my plan was to make games more interesting by using cross eye art) because I couldn't expect people to be able to enjoy the game as I had hoped. But certainly, love anyone who makes cross eye art, as well as cover the range of topics as you do.

My only 2 suggestions would be to play with the lighting a bit. I have a very soft (like a 12' size) fill light (typically warmer color) and maybe play with a softer key light (I typicall max out between 5 or 3 feet, or if I am using something like the sun, between 3 and 1 feet but this is so the detals of theface don't get washed out, but I prefer to port daz asset to blender to render so these numbers may not translate well). if you want to know more, click here for a basic example of what you can do with lighting, and here is a warning to not bother with looking to ray tracing hardware for future upgrade options just yet, a few more years are still needed for the ecosystem to mature.

As for your computer. Daz uses Iray, made by nvidea, and from what I hear, it only supports nvidea brand cards, such as your 1050. The 1050 performs about the same as a stock 780, which was my first card. I upgrade to a 1080ti after some time (I had a 970 but gave it to a friend), and with the default settings, it already reduced the render time by a fourth (which was to be expected because benches show a 1080ti was 4 times more powerful than a 780). I am able to make some pretty quick runs, but I try animation, not still images. A believe daz has a beta version, where they are playing around with a denoising AI, so you can make a render with fewer samples, denoise it and still have it look good just by using less time.

Hope you keep up the amazing work!

Reactions: apolloladdie

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
My only 2 suggestions would be to play with the lighting a bit. I have a very soft (like a 12' size) fill light (typically warmer color) and maybe play with a softer key light (I typicall max out between 5 or 3 feet, or if I am using something like the sun, between 3 and 1 feet but this is so the detals of theface don't get washed out, but I prefer to port daz asset to blender to render so these numbers may not translate well). if you want to know more, click here for a basic example of what you can do with lighting, and here is a warning to not bother with looking to ray tracing hardware for future upgrade options just yet, a few more years are still needed for the ecosystem to mature.
Just trying to get DAZ to run on my last Laptop, may it rest in pieces, was arduous and almost stopped me from trying at all. The first render on this page actually utilized a torus that I added a pure white emission to. Iray seemed to like it, and it cast a decent shadow. I will continue to work with the key lights. I personally want to be able to create and use the lights on the "set", but for some reason, they do not seem to always light properly.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Fun topics and I love the cross-eye 3D! I am just going to go ahead and click like on all of them. I have played with cross eye 3D in the past but never stuck with it. The main issue is that, I learned how to cross my eyes and then be able to refocus my eyes so that I can view the image without having to get close to the screen. So I can enjoy cross eye content. However, most of those in my personal irl friends group can barely even cross their eyes, so I gave up (my plan was to make games more interesting by using cross eye art) because I couldn't expect people to be able to enjoy the game as I had hoped. But certainly, love anyone who makes cross eye art, as well as cover the range of topics as you do.

Hope you keep up the amazing work!
I grew up on cross eye art. Like you, I learned to cross my eyes so I can see any cross eye art (my favorite are the ones that you cannot see anything till you cross your eyes, and then the picture comes out). That is WAY beyond me though.

As for the range, I am trying to build a database of all my favorite people/characters(anime, comic, real person, etc), plus my OCs (of which I have 10ish), but do not have the resources yet to put them all in yet). I know that each one will evolve over time, and may not look the same as they started out as, but that is life.

My OCs are:
Lightbringer, the immortal transdimensional entity looking to experience and find out the mysteries of the universe. Has gained fabric of the universe altering abilities, but fills most of his time trying not to f' up things. He "collects" individual from the multiverse that he finds interesting, end up filling his desires to have a family and loved ones.
Samantha - Form slave elf that was forced to use her immense magical abilities to fight for her former(dead) masters. Is currently the chancellor the to the Earth Sphere Fleet, and dean to the Earth Sphere College.
Andromeda - Sentient Techno-Organic AI that has both an "android" body, and dreadnought sized star-ship. Flagship of the Earth sphere fleet and former personal star-ship to Lightbringer. Brain is an organic quantum computer.
Gemini - Andromeda's daughter that is both Lightbringer's bodyguard(read she keeps an eye on him in his adventures) and personal "prototype" attack cruiser.
Emma - A gnomish mechanic who has learned to enchantments to improve the capabilities of her creations. In charge of all R&D for the Earth Sphere.
Sol - A living star that has taken up residence inside Earth's(Lightbringers earth) sun. He is a massive voyeur, but because he is a pervert, but because he views people like we would plant in a garden... As something to take care of and enjoy. Does not have a physical body yet. In charge of the the Dyson Sphere surrounding the Sol System.
Thorn - An ancient red dragon who's planet got destroyed with a star-eater devoured her home star. Rescued by Lightbringer and brought to his home. Is currently in charge of the treasury department of the Earth Sphere.
Janice - Former cosmic star eater forced into a human-ish body when she tried to eat Sol. Currently residing in sol as she likes to watch too.
Sakumi - Succubus that was tricked into granting Lightbringers obscenely detailed, and single-sided wish that lead him to being what he is now. She did not get his soul out of the deal, but her fate became bound to his.
Phoebe - Angel that stopped Sakumi from backing out on Lightbringers wish, not realizing what was going to happed. Has been tasked to keep an eye on Lightbringer's dimensional plane in case he uses his abilities maliciously and has to be put down.

Thank you for the positive feedback, and the constructive criticism. They are always welcome.

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Do you post your work anywhere else?
something simple may be to make a small 256 by 256 icon, a face shot of each character so me and others can quickly identify a face to the names :D

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Do you post your work anywhere else?
something simple may be to make a small 256 by 256 icon, a face shot of each character so me and others can quickly identify a face to the names :D
This is the only place I have found that I can post 3d freely. If you know of another, I have no problem posting.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Pixiv is very popular. it comes from japan, but it has a huge english following so it works for us as well. pretty much, anything goes. I have tried to upload to hentai foundry, they have a bit more control over quality but their review process can take up to 2 weeks, and I find that if I look at my favorite artist upload in order of most recent uploads, new images will show up out of order, indicating that some images took longer to review. I have noticed a similar thing with pixiv, so that may mean that they have a review process as well, not sure why since it's pretty much one the extreme end in terms of content. Pixiv can have normal art just like deviant art, and pixiv is quite professional and modern, nothing like an old 4chan forum, but they alow everything. So long as no one flags something as stolen art you are good. fan made stuff to disturbing stuff is allowed at any art skill level. man, I remember when tumblr was good, but then they banned nsfw content...

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Pixiv is very popular. it comes from japan, but it has a huge english following so it works for us as well. pretty much, anything goes. I have tried to upload to hentai foundry, they have a bit more control over quality but their review process can take up to 2 weeks, and I find that if I look at my favorite artist upload in order of most recent uploads, new images will show up out of order, indicating that some images took longer to review. I have noticed a similar thing with pixiv, so that may mean that they have a review process as well, not sure why since it's pretty much one the extreme end in terms of content. Pixiv can have normal art just like deviant art, and pixiv is quite professional and modern, nothing like an old 4chan forum, but they alow everything. So long as no one flags something as stolen art you are good. fan made stuff to disturbing stuff is allowed at any art skill level. man, I remember when tumblr was good, but then they banned nsfw content...
Just started a new pixiv.
just contains what is on here so far.

Reactions: Saki_Sliz

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Samantha Lightbringer
Race - Elf
Class - Armageddon level Battle Mage
Occupation - Former Slave, Dean of Earth Sphere College, Chancellor of Earth Sphere Fleet
Age - 7000+ years. Genetic Immortality. Deity level durability.
Origin - Dimension 3E3462 x 5P2345 x 1
Current Location - Earth, Dimension ExExE... ERROR, Coordinates classified.
Personality type - Motherly/Sisterly, Nurturing, Unfaltering Loyalty, Potentially Homicidal.
EXTREME WARNING - DO NOT TRIGGER HER SLAVE RELATED PTSD - IE, do not be a slaver.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Samantha is a LONG term project for me. She is my first fantasy, and first OC. I will do what i can to continuously make her better. So, she is not going to by over exaggerated like some of my other works.​
I want to make her eyes glow (Emission?) based on her eye texture. Currently all i seem to be able to do is accentuate her current eye color. Any more and you could not see the details in her eyes at all. Her eyes are still purple, but I want the details to glow based on the pattern.

I like the subtle freckles on her face and body. That was a pain, as each time i changed a texture (lips, eye shadow, etc), the freckles would disappear, and i would have to reapply them.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
Sam spending time with her savior Lightbringer far from the hell of her original home. She seems to be quite possessive.

This did not start the way it finished. But oh well. Once again, I know I need to work on lighting, but I am currently focusing on posing, and emotions. If I delve into too many things at once, everything will suffer.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
This is with New SH-G8 female genitalia. I do not know if I like it yet. It allows for a larger insertion, and conforms to shapes better then Golden Palace, but is not very customization. And when adding a smoothing modifier, the inside of the vagina explodes if you pass it with the object doing the colliding. Still is not a bad asset though.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
This is exactly what the name of the file says. WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?!?!?!? I plead temporary insanity.
But, a render is a render, and I will add it. Even if it defies the laws of physics and biology/physiology. Please forgive me Sam. Oh god... I see her neck stretching out :(

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I think the new lighting is better since we can see what is going on now.
I noticed in your image with same, the lamp in the background is turned on.
what you could do to help with both quality and render time is, turn off as many lights as possible, only have one light, but set the size of that light to say, 5 feet (not sure if you can set light size in daz). Having one bright light that is both above the subjects (above enough that it is not obvious, but that we can tell the light is above based on shadows and stuff, it still needs to be in front of the subject enough to light the face). The idea is that one bright flood light is easier to render and it helps light up the room evenly so that it doesn't look like there was just one light.