3.70 star(s) 33 Votes

00M0R1

Mar 29, 2020
I was sure I released something in Christmas, my mind is playing tricks on me
Eitherway, there's no real point nor an excuse. I started this project with 4 people, they all left Midway when they realised it was a lot of work for little money
So I took to learning everything and just kept on making it because I didn't want to leave the story without a conclusion
At first I tried to keep the monthly pace by renouncing the rest of my life but that just couldn't be sustained
So I then took to taking it easy and I keep on making the game whenever I have time. I'll finish it eventually, but it's a marathon
Because I truly, truly hate anything related to rendering or image making. I detest it so much, I find it dull and tedious
I've tried to get someone to help me, but I've been asked for as high as 70/80% of the earnings so.. that wasn't ideal
Therefore here we stand, I'm slow. Believe me, I know. I'm painfully aware of how long it takes
But what else can I do?
They're 10k words updates, Ive done around 400 renders and around 20 videos for this one
I can't go any faster without wanting to shoot myself by sacrificing any little free time I have
As I logically have a full time job beyond this
So that's the thing.

When is it planned? Don't know, maybe this month maybe the next. I'm on the last stretch
I'd rather say this than try to give a deadline or straight up lie. The only thing you can always rely on with me is that I'll be honest with you all

--

I was asked recently and this was my reply, believe it was appropriate here as well. I really do feel sorry for those who are waiting as I play these kind of games myself and know how annoying it is to have to wait for an update when you like one. But I do promise that I really can't take even more hours of this without wanting to jump into the train tracks.

So if it's possible, bear the wait. I really hope the next update will be satisfactory.
No worries dude. I was just asking what's the situation with the game. I'm glad you seem determined to finish it eventually, as there are way too many games with nice stories/ideas with the cursed orange sticker (of sadness) next to their thumbnails. So keep doing it at your pace if that means eventually delivering quality, its not like we don't have anything else to play. I would support you on patreon if I wasn't hella broke rn.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
When is the next Update?
Please see the reply above

You have done a wonderful job with this game.
The story is really sweet & wholesome.
Thank you for your kind words my friend, I hope I don't dissapoint with it's climax

No worries dude. I was just asking what's the situation with the game. I'm glad you seem determined to finish it eventually, as there are way too many games with nice stories/ideas with the cursed orange sticker (of sadness) next to their thumbnails. So keep doing it at your pace if that means eventually delivering quality, its not like we don't have anything else to play. I would support you on patreon if I wasn't hella broke rn.
Worry not my friend, I've been at it for 3 years already and I do intend to finish it up. I'll take my sweet time with it but rest assured that as long as I draw breath, I plan on seeing this to the end. And despite how insane it might sound, I want to make another one when I'm done with this one as the core concept I still enjoy a lot and with the lessons i've learnt from this one I hope to find a method to make the imagery faster.

And I appreciate your support, even if you can't contribute monetarily, I still appreciate those who like the game and help spread the word while giving me feedback. I really enjoy the many people I've met over the years while making it.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
Mar 3, 2020
For those few of you who care, the Terminal Punctuation Mod has been updated to v1.2. This is necessary to properly work with Ren'Py 8.

Gargarlley: There are a number of places where you're forcing the relationship variables to lowercase ([r!l] and [r3!l]) at the beginning of a sentence. Where that happens, you probably want these to be [r!lc] and [r3!lc] respectively, to capitalize the first letter. (The mod tries to fix these up, but it doesn't necessarily detect the start of a sentence properly.)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
For those few of you who care, the Terminal Punctuation Mod has been updated to v1.2. This is necessary to properly work with Ren'Py 8.

Gargarlley: There are a number of places where you're forcing the relationship variables to lowercase ([r!l] and [r3!l]) at the beginning of a sentence. Where that happens, you probably want these to be [r!lc] and [r3!lc] respectively, to capitalize the first letter. (The mod tries to fix these up, but it doesn't necessarily detect the start of a sentence properly.)
I see a lot of devs slightly tripped up by lack of interpolation flags. At least Gargarlley knows about them. There are a lot of devs who have no clue.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022
4150a.png

Greetings friends,

Here I am to announce that it's finally done. The Release is upon us, the new chapter is to arrive shortly for us all to enjoy on the usual order, first our Connoisseurs, then our Loyalists and finally our Enjoyers!

500 new renders (we've reached the 4400 mark, so it's likely that for chapter 9 we'll hit the grand total of 10.000 renders total!)
18 new videos, each tailor made with love despite how often my rendering software decided to crash this time. I was not deterred on my endgoal my friends!
And 17 custom songs to accompany this tale of us
All in all adding to an 8.000 words long new chapter that brings us yet another step closer to our final release!
I sincerely hope you'll enjoy this new release for I know that I take a long time between them yet believe me my friends when I say I shall never stop working on this tale no matter what a toll it takes on my time. At the end of the day there shall always be the promise of a new dream to be had.
We shall keep moving forward my friends, no matter what it takes we shall see the end of this tale towards it's proper ending
I'll keep you posted once I've finished nitpicking away what mistakes and bugs I find. But you may expect the release rather soon!
Hope you have a fantastic day, for without your support and feedback we'd have no dream to turn to.
I shall see you soon with the new tale of our lovely Claire

Aug 15, 2021
View attachment 3524724

Greetings friends,

Here I am to announce that it's finally done. The Release is upon us, the new chapter is to arrive shortly for us all to enjoy on the usual order, first our Connoisseurs, then our Loyalists and finally our Enjoyers!

500 new renders (we've reached the 4400 mark, so it's likely that for chapter 9 we'll hit the grand total of 10.000 renders total!)
18 new videos, each tailor made with love despite how often my rendering software decided to crash this time. I was not deterred on my endgoal my friends!
And 17 custom songs to accompany this tale of us
All in all adding to an 8.000 words long new chapter that brings us yet another step closer to our final release!
I sincerely hope you'll enjoy this new release for I know that I take a long time between them yet believe me my friends when I say I shall never stop working on this tale no matter what a toll it takes on my time. At the end of the day there shall always be the promise of a new dream to be had.
We shall keep moving forward my friends, no matter what it takes we shall see the end of this tale towards it's proper ending
I'll keep you posted once I've finished nitpicking away what mistakes and bugs I find. But you may expect the release rather soon!
Hope you have a fantastic day, for without your support and feedback we'd have no dream to turn to.
I shall see you soon with the new tale of our lovely Claire
1713913480753.gif

Reactions: Gargarlley
3.70 star(s) 33 Votes