Ren'Py My Soldiers [v1.02] [Coolpeng]

feminizi

Mar 1, 2019
the game is very time consuming and difficult without any walk through. you are forced to click everywhere and hope you find something. then when you find something and get a dialogue option you need to hope that you pick the correct choice (the dialogue doesn't really change to let you know if you did or not) and then after that you go back to clicking around everywhere and hoping that something happens to progress the relationship with the guy you want. i see why he values his walkthroughs so highly now.

JodieB-Blake

Jun 7, 2020
the game is very time consuming and difficult without any walk through. you are forced to click everywhere and hope you find something. then when you find something and get a dialogue option you need to hope that you pick the correct choice (the dialogue doesn't really change to let you know if you did or not) and then after that you go back to clicking around everywhere and hoping that something happens to progress the relationship with the guy you want. i see why he values his walkthroughs so highly now.
Yeah, I saved and stopped this one I was confused about choice options.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
the game is very time consuming and difficult without any walk through.
Sounds like very bad and boring game play-design even as a VN. :cautious:
And the arts are mediocre at best. :( <- this is the face when I see the screenshots.
Since you said dialogues doesn't change based on your choice, I assume the writing is also nothing to write home about?

Then what's the redeeming quality to make so many people craving that they are begging for share all over the place? :unsure:

What you said just sounds like he made game this way purely to sell the walkthrough :unsure:

NathanMagic

Feb 27, 2018
I will say, I played the game as it was getting developed.
The positioning of clicking is annoying but not enough so that you won't get used to it. The locations (except 1 or 2) are kinda obvious and decently generous.
The main drawback of the game is that the game feels like a sandbox without much to do. Your forced to click certain places to attempt to follow a route, and there's no real tell to know if your progressing the route correctly.
I do really like the art, and the characters are decently written, but the game mostly fails if you are a new player... which most players are.. so lmao.

I should also note, he had clear favortism when making certain routes, Tom and Kevin clearly have way more content than any others.

Last edited:

Fallow Milk

Jun 24, 2017
Sounds like very bad and boring game play-design even as a VN. :cautious:
And the arts are mediocre at best. :( <- this is the face when I see the screenshots.
Since you said dialogues doesn't change based on your choice, I assume the writing is also nothing to write home about?

Then what's the redeeming quality to make so many people craving that they are begging for share all over the place? :unsure:

What you said just sounds like he made game this way purely to sell the walkthrough :unsure:
You hit the nails on the head with this one. Dialogue is very basic, especially noticeable during the sex scenes. Without the walkthrough, you're basically clicking around pointlessly until something happens.

Jeez :L

1635036922276.png

Last edited:

okrn121433

Aug 27, 2020
This is just my opinion but the "quality" of the CG/Art of this game is just not worth the trouble of navigating the endless loophole of a shitty gameplay this game have. A walkthrough being locked behind 50 bucks is just scummy as hell.

87u6ygthj

May 25, 2021
I feel like the demo made more sense and made u feel like u actually achieved something compared to the full release.

Mar 7, 2021
I think the trick for David is to avoid other people as much as possible, wake up early for training, and do not go to dinner.
If it's any help, here is David route from day 42 from the sex scene
I can only get the dream if I go with Thomas ... up to the poker game... but after the dream I think there is no progress :/ I