HTML Abandoned My Town, My Show [v0.11 Public] [AntiMyx]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The summary and the tags are common. The samples aren't enough to be interested. But since it's from the same dev as Boring Days, I gave it a try.

The selection menu at the start is really well thought. And the explaination of the icons is well done.

The story :
Well, there isn't a story since it's just a series of encounters of targets (victims depending on MC's personality) that goes straight to the point (hypnosis and sexy scenes if there's one). I was a little disappointed since it's what made me like Boring Days.

The characters :
The MC doesn't seem neither good nor bad (so why is he doing all of this?). You have to make his personality more clear and what type of hypnotist he's supposed to be (kind, greedy, lustful, evil).
The NPC are numerous and varied so it's good.

The stats :
Frankly, it's strange how it work now.
The hypnosis and voice powers stay level 1 but you're able to do everything easily (you've started to make some difficulty with the rival but that doesn't mean it should be this easy with the others).
Your grades improve at home but what for since there's no use yet. And what about the school? As of now, it's useless since nothing happen and you learn better at home. The school events are happening in the hallways so you could as well skip time there.
The massage skill : you learn it only by watching videos? I'm not an expert of massage but there are some gestures that can be harmful. So you should make him go see a professional (maybe a part time job and a place where he can improve his skills and found some targets).

I don't understand why you already created a local store for only massage oil (he could buy it online instead).
The "Look at X" option should only be available the first encounter (it's useless to do it everyday in the kitchen at breakfast).
There are some activities, especially at home (like watching the landlady doing yoga or talking to her in her room), that doesn't make the time advance.
The first hypnosis session with Chad feels of. Why would Dean propose that? Why would he still be friend with you and not be afraid after seing what happened? Why would Steven wants to continue after this? Why would Chad accept a second session? Speaking of second session, if you choose to want to disable trap content, it doesn't work.
And about that, I know sissification a kink very requested seing that many games have this theme. But I don't understand why in these kind of game nobody thought of making the male subjects help the MC seducing more girls. It's always tranforming the male victim into a girl (Emporium, Hunter's Harem...).
There are 2 NPC Progress Hints (one is enough).
The icons displaying the locations of the NPC isn't accurate (Chad is never at home, Amy is there to watch TV though there's only the landlady's icon).
Why did you choose an old book? It's remembering me of many other games.

There's the same sentence present 2 times in the dream with the mysterious man (cf files). Speaking the mysterious man, you used the same image as Boring Days. Does that mean the two games are in the same universe?
There are some spelling/grammar errors here and there but nothing preventing us to understand what is happening.

To conclude :
You should make sure everything in the game has a use. You have to be original, compared to other games talking about the same subject, for this games not to become one among many games but My Town, My Show the game. The ideas present are already interesting.

Depending on your choices, this game could become really pleasant. Good luck with this one and Boring Days.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
Is this one abandoned? Looks like everything the dev has done recently has been for a different game.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
This one could have had some promise, but should be marked as abandoned.
His last entry on Patreon for this one was when he made the .11 release back in July and he hasn't posted in this thread at all since then either.

It's dead, Jim...

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Marked Abandoned.

The game has been by now for over 4 months with no public mention about its development, and the dev has moved one to another project.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes