Which thread should be updated next? (You can vote for two choices.)

• Innocent Angel: Vanilla

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Innocent Angel: Rocky Road

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Curious Student: Vanilla

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Curious Student: Rocky Road

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • Gifted Tease: Vanilla

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Gifted Tease: Rocky Road

Votes: 65 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
That's a really good idea! It couldn't hurt. I'll give that a try.

It's an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti. It should be good to go...

Funny you should mention the grey shadow silhouette "stylistic cheat" ... I was also thinking about that. I fiddled with some of the surface settings of the low-rez figures in the crowd, and I came up with this:

What do you guys think?

View attachment 759709

Yes, it's a bit grainy still. This render is only 7% complete, but it took an hour to get to this point (that's what I mean when I say my mac is underpowered). Anyway, try to ignore the poor image quality--do you think the silhouetted figures in the background are distracting?

Thanks for the tips! Maybe those can do what I need Photoshop to do. I've heard of GIMP. Maybe I'll plunk down some cash for CSP. I think I'll try one of those apps if people think the silhouettes are too distracting and I decide to attempt 2D billboards instead.
My (maybe not so serious...) photoshop:

Last edited:

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
That's a really good idea! It couldn't hurt. I'll give that a try.

It's an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti. It should be good to go...

Funny you should mention the grey shadow silhouette "stylistic cheat" ... I was also thinking about that. I fiddled with some of the surface settings of the low-rez figures in the crowd, and I came up with this:

What do you guys think?

View attachment 759709

Yes, it's a bit grainy still. This render is only 7% complete, but it took an hour to get to this point (that's what I mean when I say my mac is underpowered). Anyway, try to ignore the poor image quality--do you think the silhouetted figures in the background are distracting?

Thanks for the tips! Maybe those can do what I need Photoshop to do. I've heard of GIMP. Maybe I'll plunk down some cash for CSP. I think I'll try one of those apps if people think the silhouettes are too distracting and I decide to attempt 2D billboards instead.
the image you shared looks good so far and it is only 7% so you are doing well the grainy texture of the images can be smoothed over but remember you only really need to focus on the character the background is good enough now in the forums section the two forums to check out is the ones titled development and the one titled discussion they should have things that could help in this and as always thanks for your hard work on this game

Reactions: Sukebe_S

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Kripke is not an expert, but looks like it is opposite to distracting. All attention is to the main figure in the center. But if it takes so long to render why do you render character and the background in one scene? May be you know it, but just in case, here is another 'cheat':

1) If you need to make a sequence of pictures in one place, build your scene, than make your characters unvisible in DAZ. Then make only one render with everything that does not move - the room, crowd, trees, sky, whatever.
2) Then turn background off, and make all the renders you need for your moving characters WITHOUT background, but with proper lightning, which you should set up at the very beginning. Do characther renders as png, so that their background would be transparent and easy to merge with static background. The rendering process will be much quicker. Many games are made this way, sometimes devs even make background diffused a little bit.
Can you please present this in the form of an instructional video? ;)

• Haha

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
is the project still in progress?
Slowly but surely. I got some great advice on how to get through a major scene (thanks again, guys!), and now that's almost done. The other scenes are partially completed, but a few more images still need rendering. Spoiler alert: I've been learning how to use genitals in DAZ. It's almost as awkward as learning to use genitals in real life.

I'm contemplating restructuring the game in-line with what someone earlier said. My thoughts are that, instead of one big game with six completely divergent stories, I would make MVB more of a series: three distinct games, each one focusing on a personality type but which still diverge on the basis of ice cream flavor preference.

So basically, this thread would turn into the MVB Series thread, and people can download MVB: Innocent Angel, MVB: Curious Student, or MVB: Gifted Tease. This restructuring would probably help me keep things straight in my head, help me feel less overwhelmed, and allow me to experiment with certain game mechanics that don't need to be present in the other personalities. It'd also allow players to give more directed feedback, which I appreciate. But don't worry: it wouldn't take me too long to restructure. It's pretty much just a matter of copying and pasting code, and then recompiling.

So that's where I'm at. I'm kind of through the obstacle, and making smooth (but slow) progress. Thank you for your continued patience!

Here's a preview image of the bride in her happy place:

cs d2 rr24.png

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Slowly but surely. I got some great advice on how to get through a major scene (thanks again, guys!), and now that's almost done. The other scenes are partially completed, but a few more images still need rendering. Spoiler alert: I've been learning how to use genitals in DAZ. It's almost as awkward as learning to use genitals in real life.

I'm contemplating restructuring the game in-line with what someone earlier said. My thoughts are that, instead of one big game with six completely divergent stories, I would make MVB more of a series: three distinct games, each one focusing on a personality type but which still diverge on the basis of ice cream flavor preference.

So basically, this thread would turn into the MVB Series thread, and people can download MVB: Innocent Angel, MVB: Curious Student, or MVB: Gifted Tease. This restructuring would probably help me keep things straight in my head, help me feel less overwhelmed, and allow me to experiment with certain game mechanics that don't need to be present in the other personalities. It'd also allow players to give more directed feedback, which I appreciate. But don't worry: it wouldn't take me too long to restructure. It's pretty much just a matter of copying and pasting code, and then recompiling.

So that's where I'm at. I'm kind of through the obstacle, and making smooth (but slow) progress. Thank you for your continued patience!

Here's a preview image of the bride in her happy place:

View attachment 779422
that can be quite tough to make but it is doable to make like multiple games for each path like one for the school one for the religion thing and one for the tutoring thing so you still have the chance to keep more options for those stories about whether she gets corrupted or not as anymore splitting up might hurt the joy people get from making choices in these kinds of games the only issue I've seen arise in these sort of multiple games being juggled is some of them causing you to work 3 times as hard that being said I think you are a good game creator based on what I seen so far and know you can do it well

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Story time!!!:LOL:
So while waiting anxiously for Sukebe Sensei continuation of "My virgin bride" I decided to try my hand at some fan-art and created my first version of wifey. Um, hello.png
So the original goal was to take this model and h̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶ modify her until she had the appearance of the wifey's we've all come to know and love. Thankfully Sukebe_Sensei i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ....g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ...performed a positive intervention and consoled me on the proper way to create wifey,(told me the correct character model.) Thanks to his invaluable guidance (asset link) I was at last able to recreate the perfect wifey.
A long day.png
...um she's a bit tired...however i soon found myself facing a new dilemma. Now that i had the real wifey what should i do with the imitation? :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Story time!!!:LOL:
So while waiting anxiously for Sukebe Sensei continuation of "My virgin bride" I decided to try my hand at some fan-art and created my first version of wifey. View attachment 782098
So the original goal was to take this model and h̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶ modify her until she had the appearance of the wifey's we've all come to know and love. Thankfully Sukebe_Sensei i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶f̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ....g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ...performed a positive intervention and consoled me on the proper way to create wifey,(told me the correct character model.) Thanks to his invaluable guidance (asset link) I was at last able to recreate the perfect wifey.
View attachment 782101
...um she's a bit tired...however i soon found myself facing a new dilemma. Now that i had the real wifey what should i do with the imitation? :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well great, now I can see the obvious flaw in this game, and I won’t be able to unsee it. There’s no lesbian NTR route!

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
That's a big change, but I can see how it will help you with the planning and coding. For you first game, it may be a wise idea. Not everyone has the organizational capability like Eva Kiss to make an incredibly branch-rich game first time out the gate. It'll be easier to work around the (inevitable) mistakes you make.

However, you may find that people are only waiting on one game, so they'll complain when you update one of other two. Also, you may get complaints that the game is too linear or the choices don't have any impact if all they do is put you on one of two paths.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
oh one thing to contemplate is that like the person whose game inspired this one they had corruption and unfaithfulness stats but a thing I saw as a mistake was they made it so certain scenes had a strict corruption level requirement which always bugged me because to get to scenes I wanted to see I had to do scenes I didn't want on the characters stats like doing drugs and hooking up with criminals when all I wanted was for her to fool around with boss and stepfather

disimulated

Jun 10, 2018
Is the NTR going to be avoidable at all?
This is a game built on an NTR premise (remake of Wifey's Dilema), so even if it is avoidable, I think there will always be characters in the game trying to NTR the girl. In other words, I expect the game to always smell of NTR, even if you can ensure it doesn't happen.

If you can't tolerate even the least bit or hint of NTR, I'd stay away from this game.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
some of the paths mentioned were non ntr so yes they would be avoidable and with her thinking about splitting the game into paths should have something that involves turning the MCs friendzoned marriage into a real one

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
abandoned... again...
first, wifey's dilemma... now this...

is this chick cursed or what?
Ha! Cursed, maybe, but not abandoned. I'm working on one final scene, then I'm going to proofread everything, play through all the threads, get some Koga3 music in there and maybe some sound effects too. Then I'll upload it. :)(y)

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Ha! Cursed, maybe, but not abandoned. I'm working on one final scene, then I'm going to proofread everything, play through all the threads, get some Koga3 music in there and maybe some sound effects too. Then I'll upload it. :)(y)
I'm happy to hear from you good work I look forward to trying out your update

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes