Which thread should be updated next? (You can vote for two choices.)

• Innocent Angel: Vanilla

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Innocent Angel: Rocky Road

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Curious Student: Vanilla

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Curious Student: Rocky Road

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • Gifted Tease: Vanilla

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Gifted Tease: Rocky Road

Votes: 65 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Wow, six to seven hours per image it's a lot of time o_O Taking into account what you said about your rig, and lack of time, have you considered Honey Select 2 studio? It's new and the graphics are beautiful. It would boost really a lot of your work.
That's an intriguing idea! I like a lot of games that use Honey Select--specifically The Headmaster and Project SAGE. I have a few reservations about making a switch, though:

1. Although Honey Select is probably easier and less sophisticated than DAZ (right? It's tough to imagine it being more sophisticated...), there might still be the issue of a learning curve. I wonder if the time it would take to learn another studio would pay off regarding the time saved by no longer using DAZ to render images (if that makes any sense). My hope is that a new GPU would solve the render time issues.

2. I fear it would look strange to start using it now considering everything that's come before it has been in DAZ. The switch might be kind of jarring. Wouldn't characters look radically different? An alternative would be to re-do all the graphics I've done so far in Honey Select, but that sounds like a hell of a lot of work...

3. Aesthetically, I'm kind of hooked on DAZ. Specifically, the asset used to make the Bride. Discovering that asset and learning that I could make a continuation of 3Diddly's abandoned game was kind of the fire that got me started on this project in the first place. Plus, I find DAZ more closely approximates photorealism, which I find to be slightly more immersive.

That said, I really do like the cartoony/anime aesthetic that HS has. Perhaps I'd use it if I ever took up a side project (of which I have a great idea for, but am afraid to consider given all that's already on my plate).

Perhaps I could do some kind of hybrid? Make foreground characters in DAZ and use HS for backgrounds? Do you have much experience using HS? I wonder how that might look...

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
That's an intriguing idea! I like a lot of games that use Honey Select--specifically The Headmaster and Project SAGE. I have a few reservations about making a switch, though:

1. Although Honey Select is probably easier and less sophisticated than DAZ (right? It's tough to imagine it being more sophisticated...), there might still be the issue of a learning curve. I wonder if the time it would take to learn another studio would pay off regarding the time saved by no longer using DAZ to render images (if that makes any sense). My hope is that a new GPU would solve the render time issues.

2. I fear it would look strange to start using it now considering everything that's come before it has been in DAZ. The switch might be kind of jarring. Wouldn't characters look radically different? An alternative would be to re-do all the graphics I've done so far in Honey Select, but that sounds like a hell of a lot of work...

3. Aesthetically, I'm kind of hooked on DAZ. Specifically, the asset used to make the Bride. Discovering that asset and learning that I could make a continuation of 3Diddly's abandoned game was kind of the fire that got me started on this project in the first place. Plus, I find DAZ more closely approximates photorealism, which I find to be slightly more immersive.

That said, I really do like the cartoony/anime aesthetic that HS has. Perhaps I'd use it if I ever took up a side project (of which I have a great idea for, but am afraid to consider given all that's already on my plate).

Perhaps I could do some kind of hybrid? Make foreground characters in DAZ and use HS for backgrounds? Do you have much experience using HS? I wonder how that might look...
It was just a suggestion because you said you spent several hours to render one image. That seemed a little extreme to me, considering you don't have much free time. In the end I'm ok with any choice you decide.

I don't have any experience of HS Studio, actually I just played HS a little and what I did the most was to create some characters. And to me that was very interesting... The second version of the game (HERE) that is out now has very nice looking graphics. Have you tried it? I could try to reproduce the main heroine from your game just for fun, and share it with you, if you are interested.

Despite my suggestion, I think your game has good potential and I hope to see more of it.

Reactions: Sukebe_S

victkh

Dec 30, 2017
This is the most reason for me, photorealism games looks more sexually appealing

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
I like the style.

This style isn't the most lifelike but somehow it attracts me in some sort of way.
No photo realism this time but there are plenty other engines who are trying to achieve that.

I love this vague drawings.
Plus it's good fap material.
Keep up the spirit and thanx.

"verandering van spijs doet eten."

Last edited:

PonSama

Jul 29, 2018
Hola gents! I wish I had an update to give you, but alas, no :cry: .

Two reasons for this bad news:
1. Work has been kicking my ass recently, leaving me with almost no free time to work on MVB.
2. I ran into a technical problem with the rendering. Basically, I have a few scenes with lots of people in them. This slows down the rendering process to the point where, most of the time, my computer crashes halfway through. This is super frustrating--I want MVB to have high quality images that help tell the story, but when it takes 6-7 hours per image (assuming my computer doesn't crap out 3 hours in), it's agonizing.

But there is good news:
1. My real-life work is about the reach a hiatus in the next week or so. Plus, thanks to the pandemic situation, I won't be able to travel anywhere. This means I'll have plenty of time to work on finding the solutions to my problems.
2. I'm going to get a new GPU for my PC. Hopefully this will speed up the rendering process to something acceptable.
3. Superior art is borne out of frustration, and this frustrating delay has forced me to imagine lots of new plot twists and directions for all six threads to take.

I really appreciate the energy and enthusiasm, and I feel bad it's taking so long. But I also appreciate your continued patience. I ain't quittin! :cool:(y)
honestly just you confirming that you haven't given up on this project is a big confidence booster.
would be a shame if this great premise got dropped twice by different creators yknow xd

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Dev and mods seem to disagree whether this is netorase or netorare. How would you classify it? Is MC distressed over his girlfriend being nailed?
EDIT: I missed a tag when reading the tags, it often does happen that mods put NTR for a game, but dev doesn't :)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DarkKaiba666

Oct 26, 2017
Really? I think it's pretty obvious that the MC has feelings for the girl and lusts after her. Her getting banged by another guy/guys in his house and right in front of his eyes while he wishes it was him is pretty dang NTR xD. Even if one wants to argue, I think there's too much icing on the cake considering they are MARRIED.
This is an NTR game period lol.(EDIT: That's not to say there might not be some netorase situations but overall it is NTR and amazing)

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
That's all I needed to know, thanks.

I'm going through a ton of games and try to get a feel for what's what. I'm definitely gonna play this now.
EDIT: I think I missed it said Netorare in the devs genre list. Only saw it said cuckold, which is netorase.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Pretty concerning that the other game Wifeys Dilemma was abandoned and now remade. The other game and this apparent remake seem really interesting so I hope it sees some follow through now that someone else is doing it.

Edit

Thought current dev was the same as the other one who abandoned Wifes Dilemma. Corrected.

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Pretty concerning that the other game Wifeys Dilemma was abandoned and now remade. The other game and this apparent remake seem really interesting so I hope it sees some follow through now that someone else is doing it.

Edit

Thought current dev was the same as the other one who abandoned Wifes Dilemma. Corrected.
the creator of this game is quite ambitious but very good at the story this game is shaping up to be better than the other guys game it was inspired by

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
the creator of this game is quite ambitious but very good at the story this game is shaping up to be better than the other guys game it was inspired by
Thanks guys! :D But you're making me feel guilty about my embarassingly slow progress... :cry:

...sigh...

Here's a status update:

Lots of reasons why the next update still isn't ready, but the number one reason is technical difficulties. A couple weeks ago, I bought a new GPU for my PC in the hopes that it would speed up some of the more intense renders. The infuriating thing is that the new card doesn't seem to be compatible with DAZ for reasons I can't understand. I've fiddled with the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the card, and performed various clean boots (just to name a few things). I'm not really a computer guy, so all of these activities have required me to read many help forums and watch various YouTube instructional videos. Nothing seems to work. Sadness. :cry:

So I've tried to find ways to get DAZ to work better with my trusty but underpowered mac. The main problem is that a huge part of what I'm working on for the story entails large crowds of people in the background, but the more figures you put in a DAZ scene, the longer it takes to render. I acquired low-rez figure assets as a workaround, and I've used them to replace all the other background figures I had set up. But I can't get the low-rez figures to interact properly with their clothing, haircuts, and skin color. Again, I read lots of tutorials and watch youtube videos to help me figure out how to do it, but I can't make them work. My next (and perhaps final) hope is to try to make "billboards" or crowd people--basically 2D cut-outs that are easy to render. But in order to do that, I need Photoshop, so I'm in the process of acquiring that. When I have that, I'll try the billboards. That's my next step.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to abandon...

...that particular storyline! (But not the whole project, I promise. As frustrating as this is, I'm still having fun. :cool:) What I'd likely do is temporarily shelve the troublesome storyline and advance one of the other two. But that would really suck as it I've already poured a lot of creative energy and writing into that, and I'm really excited about where it's going. Hopefully I could return to the storyline as soon as my tech situation/skill improves to the point where I can power through. In the meantime, the other storylines don't require large crowds of people, so advancing them shouldn't be problematic.

ANYHOO, I'm really sorry about this. In retrospect, I'm relieved I didn't set up a Patreon. I'd feel real bad about taking people's money without delivering any substantive progress. I hope you guys will reignite interest in the game once I finally have another installment.

I'm still an amateur, both in RenPy and DAZ, so thank you all for your patience and understanding. I promise that our bride is still clinging to her virginity, and she won't lose it while we wait for her to return.

Reactions: Walkeree

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
Thanks guys! :D But you're making me feel guilty about my embarassingly slow progress... :cry:

...sigh...

Here's a status update:

Lots of reasons why the next update still isn't ready, but the number one reason is technical difficulties. A couple weeks ago, I bought a new GPU for my PC in the hopes that it would speed up some of the more intense renders. The infuriating thing is that the new card doesn't seem to be compatible with DAZ for reasons I can't understand. I've fiddled with the drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the card, and performed various clean boots (just to name a few things). I'm not really a computer guy, so all of these activities have required me to read many help forums and watch various YouTube instructional videos. Nothing seems to work. Sadness. :cry:

So I've tried to find ways to get DAZ to work better with my trusty but underpowered mac. The main problem is that a huge part of what I'm working on for the story entails large crowds of people in the background, but the more figures you put in a DAZ scene, the longer it takes to render. I acquired low-rez figure assets as a workaround, and I've used them to replace all the other background figures I had set up. But I can't get the low-rez figures to interact properly with their clothing, haircuts, and skin color. Again, I read lots of tutorials and watch youtube videos to help me figure out how to do it, but I can't make them work. My next (and perhaps final) hope is to try to make "billboards" or crowd people--basically 2D cut-outs that are easy to render. But in order to do that, I need Photoshop, so I'm in the process of acquiring that. When I have that, I'll try the billboards. That's my next step.

If that doesn't work, I'll have to abandon...

...that particular storyline! (But not the whole project, I promise. As frustrating as this is, I'm still having fun. :cool:) What I'd likely do is temporarily shelve the troublesome storyline and advance one of the other two. But that would really suck as it I've already poured a lot of creative energy and writing into that, and I'm really excited about where it's going. Hopefully I could return to the storyline as soon as my tech situation/skill improves to the point where I can power through. In the meantime, the other storylines don't require large crowds of people, so advancing them shouldn't be problematic.

ANYHOO, I'm really sorry about this. In retrospect, I'm relieved I didn't set up a Patreon. I'd feel real bad about taking people's money without delivering any substantive progress. I hope you guys will reignite interest in the game once I finally have another installment.

I'm still an amateur, both in RenPy and DAZ, so thank you all for your patience and understanding. I promise that our bride is still clinging to her virginity, and she won't lose it while we wait for her to return.
that sucks about the compatibility issues maybe you can check the forums here to see if there is a solution to your problem with the gpu I mean lots of people here work on this sort of thing so it couldn't hurt to ask for advice here

Reactions: victkh and Sukebe_S

Kripke

Jan 10, 2018
...I bought a new GPU for my PC in the hopes that it would speed up some of the more intense renders. The infuriating thing is that the new card doesn't seem to be compatible with DAZ for reasons I can't understand. ...
Is your gpu AMD (radeon) or NVIDIA (geforce)? I-ray renderer (mostly used in DAZ) needs nvidia GPU-s.

...The main problem is that a huge part of what I'm working on for the story entails large crowds of people in the background, but the more figures you put in a DAZ scene, the longer it takes to render....
Yeap, 2d crowd on background can be good. All the backgrounds can be 2d if your PC is weak. But you should pay attention to lightening to merge 3d characters with 2d scene naturally.

Or there is another option, even more simple, when non-important/nameless characters are like grey shadows, silhouettes. This "stylistic cheat" is widely used in manga, anime and videogames.

FishWitch

Jan 11, 2018
My next (and perhaps final) hope is to try to make "billboards" or crowd people--basically 2D cut-outs that are easy to render. But in order to do that, I need Photoshop, so I'm in the process of acquiring that. When I have that, I'll try the billboards. That's my next step.
I'd recommend using either Clip Studio Paint (CSP), GIMP, Medibang or Fire Alpaca instead! They function the same, minus a few features as they're not Photoshop, and all are free except CSP. CSP is the best out of them all, and it's fairly cheap to get, along with being a one time payment instead of recurring.

I figured if you're not computer savvy, that would be better than outright buying Photoshop or trying to crack it

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
that sucks about the compatibility issues maybe you can check the forums here to see if there is a solution to your problem with the gpu I mean lots of people here work on this sort of thing so it couldn't hurt to ask for advice here
That's a really good idea! It couldn't hurt. I'll give that a try.

Is your gpu AMD (radeon) or NVIDIA (geforce)? I-ray renderer (mostly used in DAZ) needs nvidia GPU-s.

Yeap, 2d crowd on background can be good. All the backgrounds can be 2d if your PC is weak. But you should pay attention to lightening to merge 3d characters with 2d scene naturally.

Or there is another option, even more simple, when non-important/nameless characters are like grey shadows, silhouettes. This "stylistic cheat" is widely used in manga, anime and videogames.
It's an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti. It should be good to go...

Funny you should mention the grey shadow silhouette "stylistic cheat" ... I was also thinking about that. I fiddled with some of the surface settings of the low-rez figures in the crowd, and I came up with this:

What do you guys think?

sample.png

Yes, it's a bit grainy still. This render is only 7% complete, but it took an hour to get to this point (that's what I mean when I say my mac is underpowered). Anyway, try to ignore the poor image quality--do you think the silhouetted figures in the background are distracting?

I'd recommend using either Clip Studio Paint (CSP), GIMP, Medibang or Fire Alpaca instead! They function the same, minus a few features as they're not Photoshop, and all are free except CSP. CSP is the best out of them all, and it's fairly cheap to get, along with being a one time payment instead of recurring.

I figured if you're not computer savvy, that would be better than outright buying Photoshop or trying to crack it
Thanks for the tips! Maybe those can do what I need Photoshop to do. I've heard of GIMP. Maybe I'll plunk down some cash for CSP. I think I'll try one of those apps if people think the silhouettes are too distracting and I decide to attempt 2D billboards instead.

Kripke

Jan 10, 2018
Kripke is not an expert, but looks like it is opposite to distracting. All attention is to the main figure in the center. But if it takes so long to render why do you render character and the background in one scene? May be you know it, but just in case, here is another 'cheat':

1) If you need to make a sequence of pictures in one place, build your scene, than make your characters unvisible in DAZ. Then make only one render with everything that does not move - the room, crowd, trees, sky, whatever.
2) Then turn background off, and make all the renders you need for your moving characters WITHOUT background, but with proper lightning, which you should set up at the very beginning. Do characther renders as png, so that their background would be transparent and easy to merge with static background. The rendering process will be much quicker. Many games are made this way, sometimes devs even make background diffused a little bit.

Reactions: ph33rg0d

Sukebe_S

Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Kripke is not an expert, but looks like it is opposite to distracting. All attention is to the main figure in the center. But if it takes so long to render why do you render character and the background in one scene? May be you know it, but just in case, here is another 'cheat':

1) If you need to make a sequence of pictures in one place, build your scene, than make your characters unvisible in DAZ. Then make only one render with everything that does not move - the room, crowd, trees, sky, whatever.
2) Then turn background off, and make all the renders you need for your moving characters WITHOUT background, but with proper lightning, which you should set up at the very beginning. Do characther renders as png, so that their background would be transparent and easy to merge with static background. The rendering process will be much quicker. Many games are made this way, sometimes devs even make background diffused a little bit.
That's an OUTSTANDING idea! :D I don't know why that didn't occur to me as I sort of did that back in the "Innocent Angel" storyline. I think I kind of felt it looked cheesy (3Diddly did it much better), so I started doing everything as self-contained scenes. I thought my new style looked better, so I didn't consider going back to the way I used to do it. My Daz skill has grown enough that I can go back to that style for crowded scenes.

I'll render a variety of silhouetted crowd background shots, and then do isolated foreground images, then paste them on top of each other. That should get me through the scene.

Thanks, Kripke!

Reactions: Kripke
4.10 star(s) 18 Votes