Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
I'm not familar with the download process. Sometimes when I try to doanload different games, I get a message that says "applications/firefox.exe (default )". Is there away to fix this so that I can download the games?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You're welcome. Just remember you catch more flies with honey...
Yeah, but you attract more with shit. ;):ROFLMAO:
Where does "the Key" go? Will it allow access to "Continue" or "Load" or do I have to start over from the beginning again?
key.ini goes into the main game folder.
In there you will see another folder, called "Profile".
This is where you saves are stored. If you copy that folder from the old version, to the new, you will be able to continue your game.
larry5168 (y)

snarkster1558

Feb 27, 2019
I'm sorry if you feel offended, but I don't know your level of expertise on a PC as not everyone here as tech savvy as you,
after you start a new game go into the game main folder/Profiles and see if there is a sub folder with your chosen name that has been created if not then it is a permissions issue
Or go into the previous version you have and see if there is just transfer the complete profile folder to the latest version
Sorry for any ineptitude on my part too, but I'm still having problems as well. If I understood what was said above correctly, I copied the "Profile Folder" from version 5 to version 6" (I looked in the V5 Folder though and the only file inside was "Settings"). Please help. Love this game, but don't want to have to start over from square one. Thanks!

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Sorry for any ineptitude on my part too, but I'm still having problems as well. If I understood what was said above correctly, I copied the "Profile Folder" from version 5 to version 6" (I looked in the V5 Folder though and the only file inside was "Settings"). Please help. Love this game, but don't want to have to start over from square one. Thanks!
There should also be a folder IN the profile folder with your character's name -
1627677242796.png

That's where the saves are.

Reactions: effninefivehuman

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Profile is where your profiles & saves are stored.
If you kept the previous version & had a saved profile, it would be in there.
Inside the Profile folder, you'll see a subfolder under the name of your MC, plus 2 files, Settings & History.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The key file goes here to continue you need to copy your profile folder over from the previous version to this one

View attachment 1326541

whichone, Cartageno can I get a triplicate on this :ROFLMAO:
Unfortunately ZenGarden had already triplicated ;)

But yeah, the key.ini can just be dropped into the main folder.

As a German I try to show as less emotion as possible, because people shouldn't think we have any.
We don't have any we are aware of at least.

I unzip everything to my hard drive, inside a folder, like I do with every other VN and RPGM I play. I pretty much think I know what I'm doing with these games. I've been around computers since Apple II e. This is the only game I have save issues with.

It's like I'm being talked to like a child here.
As others have said, it isn't to denigrate a single person but in fact most non mod related problems stem from something basic, playing out of the zipped file is an eternal favorite. Honestly, I didn't even know you could do that before reading this thread ;)

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
So even in your old game profile, there is no other sub folder, this is the inside of mine as you can see there's a folder with my name and inside that there are my saves
1627677596053.png

If there isn't a sub folder in your V5 game then you may well have lost your saves

Reactions: effninefivehuman

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Actually funny. I have to nitpick though - the German word "unkomfortabel", while of course etymologically the same as "uncomfortable", does mean something related but different. Basically "not comfy to use", so here probably "not nice to sit on" or something like that. It does not refer to the feelings of the subject but the effect on others.

Never let it be said that we Germans can't take a joke - and then kill it by taking it apart.

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
"When i go into the "Profile Folder" for v5, there is a "Settings File". I know I saved it last time as I left the game.
Could you move the game to your desktop, start a new game and skip the tutorial then look in the profile folder and see if there is a sub folder with your name in there

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Actually funny. I have to nitpick though - the German word "unkomfortabel", while of course etymologically the same as "uncomfortable", does mean something related but different. Basically "not comfy to use", so here probably "not nice to sit on" or something like that.

Never let it be said that we German's can't take a joke - and then kill it by taking it apart.
unbequem?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
unbequem?
Would indeed be mostly synonymous with "unkomfortabel", yes. Though it would also carry the meaning of "hard to handle".

I don't think there is a German translation of "I am (un)comfortable" which starts with "ich bin", you'd have to rephrase. But I may be overlooking something here.

Anyway: NO NEW JULIA CONTENT, SHE WON EVERY POLL ON MY PATREON!

• Haha
Reactions: larry5168

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Would indeed be mostly synonymous with "unkomfortabel", yes. Though it would also carry the meaning of "hard to handle".

I don't think there is a German translation of "I am (un)comfortable" which starts with "ich bin", you'd have to rephrase. But I may be overlooking something here.

Anyway: NO NEW JULIA CONTENT, SHE WON EVERY POLL ON MY PATREON!
How about unbehaglich, or unangenehm?
Different types of "uncomfortable", granted.
Unbehaglich seems the more appropriate, for "I'm feeling uneasy about this".

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
How about unbehaglich, or unangenehm?
Different types of "uncomfortable", granted.
You could use "unbehaglich", "unangenehm" and "unkomfortabel" (though not "unbequem") to express the English "uncomfortable", just not "ich bin unbehaglich" but "ich fühle mich unbehaglich".

Forced "on topic part": I wish the hiring process at my employer were more like Mystwood Manor instead of placing ads, getting unuseable applications, and repeating from step one, just run into a nice young girl who then wants to get laid two weeks or so later.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: whichone
4.00 star(s) 239 Votes