Ren'Py - Mythic Manor [v0.21] [Jikei]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Moonblowt

i love this game
    this about the storyline , heroine and gameplay then the graphic is good too
    but i must wait sometime to get the newest version of android
    ehm... 200+ word its too difficult to me sir
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Atchafalaya

A not-so-awful experience saved by some good-looking characters and a pleasant atmosphere BUT downed by a way too big scale, verbose lore, run-of-the mill Honey Select staging and looks that are outdated AF!

Be warned before heading into Mythic Manor: the graphics and animations are VERY DATED. Some environment textures even look downright atrocious. Of course looks are not everything but they still count for something and contribute a great deal to a game’s atmosphere. Not gonna lie, Mythic Manor often looks CHEAP.
    That goes on-par with animations: a wide range of common Honey Select poses. Not helped with the absence of a moving camera, panning or zooming. Overall a very static experience.
    So should we look for a good script? The story’s based on Mythics, creatures that you may or may not meet in the game. The lore is established but personally it took some effort to develop an interest as the narration is quite average.
    As for the bigger scale - and we’re dealing with a sandbox type here - the game suffers from the “too many LIs/too many places syndrome“. Some updates are entirely dedicated to side-girls when the main ones are still waiting for their breakouts (at the time of writing this, it’s been more than three years in development). The map features tons of places, most of them you won’t have access to. All in all the scale is a tad too ambitious.

Sometimes old school looks is a good thing, and somehow features can age very well but unfortunately not here. It's a shame really, sometimes I wish this one were made later so it could use a newer version of Honey Select. Figures.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

sadfuck

Version Played:0.17

A game with some cute, lovable characters in a unique world-setting, MM is also light and breezy and just makes you feel good. There are some slightly darker themes, but overall, it's a great time. The game also has a pseudo-fantasy, modern day setting that is interesting.

Positives:
    + Great cast of unique girls. Side girl content is also hot.
    + No grinding - you can just follow each character's content route
    + Consistent updates
    + BUSH!

Negatives:
    - Might be a little too vanilla for some people
    - Same ol' Honey Select models

Like this? Try!: Harem Hotel
    Notes to Dev: Really looking forward to seeing what comes next!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ViewerOfVNs

This review is based on .17.

One sentence review - Get ready to get freaky with a bunch of sexy monster girls with every boob size you could want.

Visuals - 5/5 At first the graphics were rough but the dev has really put work into them! The animations are also the best in the bizz.
    Story - 4/5 It's more like side stories rather than a general story. Some are more interesting than others
    Characters - 5/5 . You got a fetish? Find her here!
    Music - 3/5 Basic sounds and music
    Fappability - 5/5 Just play with one hand!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Dgunslinger

This game is just.. WOW!

• The dialog is great,
    • The models are hot and varied,
    • The story is fresh
    • The animations are good (the choices and angle options make them great!)
    • The grind is minimal
    • The game mechanics are wonderful
    I am in love with Esther and Velle!

Please try this game. you won't be disappointed!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Askwad

Mythic Manor offers a lot of anime-style harem scenarios. One could argue it's not very original but the game pulls it off very well and not all games need to reinvent the wheel, right? There's no clear main storyline (as of now) and instead it follows the interactions with various characters. Speaking of characters, they all got their own personalities even if there's nothing too wild about them.

What makes the game truly shine is that everything it does it does well. It doesn't try to pull of serious emotional rollercoasters and delivers a plethora of light-hearted, fun and sexy content. The sex scenes gradually increase as the game progresses which allows the relationships with the girls to feel more authentic.

I'd give it a 4.5 but gonna round up, can truly recommend this game!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Knownot Mr

The game has broad content,nice art,plenty of scenes, animations and sandbox tag. Overall its a good game. Currently playing version 0.16,where the main story is in development,which I think the game is lack of, a focused story given the broad content the game provide. Hope the next updates will make up for it
  8. 5.00 star(s)

ash42069

I really liked this game!
    The whole Mythic Universe seems pretty nice, the individual stories are great it really makes me feel connected to the characters in way.
    I personally love Naira, Paige,Iris and Nefari.
    The mechanics is nice, it feels normal not easy nor hard. I do not mind that some small things like shower take a chunk of day ( coz I just don't shower much unless some action is need).
    The graphics, characters and scenes are very pretty and hot! I just :love: it!
    (;):p )
    I would love to see this game flourish!!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MOSTAFA727

Well when I rate game I rate it with
    1. the story
    2.graphic
    3.the game size
    And ALot if there any thing else

1. The story
    you will get confused first but I think it's a good way to make more interesting I give it 8.5/10 because
    WARNING SPOILED
    . You can skip that to next red word

I didn't convinced enough to stay with them they love him I know but like that
    But it good story so thanks jikei

You can now read
    2.graphic
    very good Mc I can see his face and that is good all characters are very beautiful
    9.5/10

3.the game size I think it's fair to the content in the game.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Pink Camel

Had high hopes coming into this game. But it turns out to be a huge disappointment. The graphics are extremely dated. Animations mediocre. And the writing just incredibly banal and simplistic.

The game started of decently enough and seemed interesting with the variety of girls and location. But soon, it turned into a simplistic formula with no real story. And to make matters worse, the excuses to put subpar lewd animations are ridiculous. Spilling coffee on clothes? Really?

And as you progress into the game the girls start to all sound the same and lose whatever personality they had at the start. You can tell quality starts to drop.

I wish this was a better game but it just wasnt very good. Well at least it has some fapable scenes and decent amount of content.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Boldano

This may be my favorite game that I have found on this site.

Tons of content already, great characters, the story and writing is entertaining, lots of diverse H-Scenes, and no grind. Definitely try this one out.

All of the girls are great but Naira is definitely my favorite!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Aphrodaysia

Absolutely amazing!! Love how unique and lovable each individuals are, and they are all perfect in their own design. This is definitely in my top 3 of Harem games <3 Keep up the direction of this game, because it is absolutely perfect the way it's being made.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Elrox

Worth the time for sure! I was sceptical at first, but as far as sandbox games go, I have very few problems with this one! Most of the characters are great! There are a select few I don't really care for, but others grew on me, although they did not seem interesting at first. And so, a sandbox as it is, you can to some degree just skip stuff you don't care about it, or end a fair deal of the scenes early if they don't appeal to you. I ended up having a lot of fun with Mythic Manor. Even with "under construction" signs everywhere, there's quite a lot of content as it is! Leaves me hopeful for what the future has in store for this game!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

NovaSpace

I saw a couple of people making a paralel between with Harem Hotel and Mystic Manor. Well I can seay there are some similarities, Mythic Manor is much more of a coming of age (for the MC and for the girls) story, than a "let's have a harem" type of game. The amount of content this game has (and will have a in the future) in my opinion is much more tha HH will or currently have. Don't gat me wrong, both of the games are Excelent for me in their own right. If you want a mild romance and lots of sex, go with HH, but if you want a more refined "let's build a relationship" kind of game, go with MM. Now that the comparison is out of the way let's get into it.

As I mentioned, the characters are wery lifelike and have their own quirks and personalities. Each and every girl is different and have something different to offer, depending what kinky/romantic itch you need scratching. My personal favorite is Nefi (the egyptian looking girl). Her somewhat domineering yet leter on vulnerable and slightly submissive character gives me a satisfying story, that could be it's own game by it self. And for the others? It's the same. While I have my own likes and dislikes, I can say, without a shred of doubt, that any and everyone can find his/her/it/apache helikopter/ze/they/them/orc/nuclear material (sorry got into it) perfect waifu/main girl here.

Now is there a downside? Yes. This game suffers from the time problem that every other game suffers from. I mean, you really will take up an entire section of a day with a simple shower? Come on... Unfortunately with the inclusin of the sunday if you want to get every scene you have to become a bit cold and calculated. With a bit of tweeking hower, this can be solved.

All in all, this game is incredible. While the over arching story is not that important the characters and the intaraction with them and between them make it one of, if not THE best adult games out there.
  15. C
    5.00 star(s)

Carolus_Rex

[disclaimer - this review is for the game WITH Lain's mod - if Lain makes a mod, there's usually a reason for it.]

I think the recent reviewers have been unnecessarily harsh to this game. While it's not one of my personal favorites (it leans way too heavily into the voyerism/exhibitionism fetish, which is probably the turn-off for most folks, like me), it's still a very high quality game and definitely deserving of this rating.

This is yet another one of the games that prove that the key to success of an adult game is its characters. The characters in this one are incredible. There's plenty of variety to them, both in terms of body types and personalities, there's plenty of personality to each of the 5 main characters, there are plenty of situations where this personality is allowed to happen, and there is plenty of character exploration and development. There are not too many main characters, so each one is given their due screen time, but there are plenty of side characters should you get bored of the main ones.

Everything else stands well enough to let the characters shine. Sex scenes? Good enough. Grind? Very tolerable if you cheat (don't be ashamed of cheating, the grind might get to you). Story? Happily non-existent (a major drawback to way too many games is having a story, if you don't have a story you won't take away too much time from the characters, which are this game's forte). UI? Works. Everything else? Good enough.

A definite recommend from me.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

LuminosHands

Pros:
    • Story is great
    • Some characters look good(some look out of place or need higher texture quality)
    • Okay H scenes(averaged the rating between all H scenes)
    • Alright H scenarios(averaged the rating between all H scenes scenarios in the game atm)
    • Nice character interactions with environment(girls using bathroom, pool or doing things in their room(only seen using camera)

Cons:
    • The Game is pretty grindy
    • Finding the characters are sometimes almost impossible to find (its supposed to give you a hint but sometimes its too vague)
    • Character H expressions aren't good (except maybe fanora for some scnenes and naira due to it fitting thematically with the character, but not good enough)
    • Disappointed in story and Hscene scenarios for Esther(Supposed mother like character)
    • Environmental texture looks like a texture from games from the 1990s sometimes
    • Some characters just look weird in some shots
    • Camera angles are bad in some places especially during H scenes to the point where it ruins it some times
    • Climax scenes feels like a real let down due to angles and H expression and body positioning
    • Alot of little annoying things like having to install the camera this should just be automatic
    • Majority of the items you buy are useless only ever buy things which the task states you need
    I've played out the whole game that it has to offer for the moment. H scenes need alot of work or be redone for some.
    Some characters just need a complete new or better texture quality eg Esther, Naira abit, Velle.
    This game is really worth playing for the story just sadly the visuals can't seem to keep up...
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Lj625

[As of v0.16]

The Good:
    - Girls are amazing.
    - Lewd and sex scenes are amazing.
    - Love the watery sounds during the lewd scenes (add some moans would be perfect)
    - Great animations (scenes during early game were bad tho)

The Bad:
    (Maybe this "daily bases" play style isn't for me? )
    - Took too long to build up.
    - Is there even a story?
    - Early game animation is really bad (2 fps animation), glad they improve throughout the game.

Conclusion:
    I don't think there is a story to this game. Constant clicking and clicking, I quitted after every girls achieved LV10. Too much grind and pointless.
    HOWEVER, the girls are nice and if u want to have a good time,
    Just enter the code "seenscenes" and enjoy yourself.

4/5.

Also, pls rework early game animation.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

PhoenixRage23

EDIT: After playing the newest update I have to lower my rating to 1.5 stars. A lot of of locations still aren't playable after more than a full year or longer I've been playing this game. Still no new interactions with some of the dancers at Velle's work or at the library. What's the point of having all the locked doors or other areas in the manor if they won't ever be a part of the storylines? Or at the beach with the scary cave? It just seems like the dev keeps losing interest in other aspects of the game and just keeps saying "under development". How long do those parts of the game need to be developed for? Another 2 to 3 years if the game is still being made? Maybe another 4 or 5 before we can find out what's behind the locked doors, or the laptops in the girls' rooms?

UPDATE: After playing the newest version out I have to downgrade this game to 1 star. It seems the devs have completely lost interest in progessing the main girls' stories even a tiny bit. I can understand wanting to flesh out the side characters, which most of them haven't had any story update for 2 or more years. Still no updates with the "locked" doors or any major update on locations on the map with half still "under development". If you haven't played the game I would wait at least 3 years before playing. Because that's how long it will be before the devs actually update a lot of the storylines.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Jeeva

Ok . . So I want to review .. cause I have played this game and I enjoyed it .. Characters are very beutifull and cover all type of body.. Story is not very fast nor slow.. animmations make it very se*y..
  20. 4.00 star(s)

UncleFredo

About the reviewer:

I’m playing or have played over 70 games a few of which have completed. When I first started playing these games (DmD was my first), I simply read the description and if it looked interesting I downloaded it and started blind. As you might imagine, while it worked out well for DmD, that strategy often proved unproductive. Then I stumbled on F95zone and my approach changed.

Now I read the reviews, search through the discussions seeking feed back and have walkthroughs available as a fallback. I generally don’t play games early in their development but I watch for new games and if their reviews are compelling from players whose opinion’s I respect I will play them early. Even if I don’t use a walkthrough, I’ll often skim it to get a better sense of the structure of the game to determine if I think I’ll enjoy playing it.

The information provided by F95zone convinced me that I should mod the game from the outset.

The Review:

Version .15

Time played as recorded in game: 12 hours 57 minutes 52 seconds

Current progress: 18 weeks, 127 days - All main girls at current end of content. All but 3 side girls (1 as yet unmet) at current end of content.

Mods: Lain’s Mod

Cheats used: A single $1000 money boost late in the game which proved unnecessary.

Walkthrough(s) used: Official walkthrough by Jikei & Lain’s walkthrough on gtihub and the mod walkthrough

Bugginess: - No obvious bugs encountered. No exceptions. Very smooth play. However,given the game design, silent bugs blocking content could have gone undetected.

Observations:

Despite my general dislike of sandbox style games, all in this is all a good game well worth playing. I enjoyed it but it does have a few flaws discussed below. I found the girls entertaining and other than Esther generally attractive. Each of the girls had a distinct personality and related to the MC in their own way. There is a massive amount of content in this game and I’ll have to go back and pick up the three side girls I’ve yet to complete due to pre-leveling. (Pre-leveling is discussed below)

When I started the game I expected that either Fanora or Naira would be my favorite. Velle is narrowly my fave with Jade and Nefari tied for a very close 2nd.

Flaws:

A walkthrough is pretty much required:

Several opinions here indicated that a walkthrough was needed to navigate the game and I share that opinion. Until you are familiar with the flow of the game the hint system is far too vague to be very useful. I primarily used Lain’s walkthrough which ends partway through week 7. At that point I was used to the in game hints and I only occasionally used the mod’s walkthrough to help locate a wandering girl. There were a handful of instances where I ended up using Jikei’s walkthrough to figure out why I couldn’t trip an event. Walkthroughs are fine as a method to assist a player in find content easily missed, but shouldn’t be required to navigate the basic game in a reasonable amount of time.

Issues with time management:

Sundays are usually not available for you to use and the late night segment with a couple exceptions can’t be used for general activities. So you get three segments morning, afternoon, and night Monday - Saturday. The hint system will suggest a vague clue to advance each girl and tell you when in the day you need to interact with her. You also have to decide when to work, exercise, fish, run an errand at business or locations that are only open at certain times of the day. Some activities can only be done on certain days as well. Initially this isn’t too difficult because most actions require only one time segment and some activities like working and exercising can both be done in a single segment.

So a reasonable approach is to start each day by checking each girl and seeing how their schedules line up. With initially five girls and eventually several more you have to decide which of the conflicting girls you’ll advance. As the game progresses you encounter the following problem. Some activities required multiple segments and in most cases the hint and prior game interaction doesn’t warn you. So you plan to be with girl A in the morning, girl B in the afternoon, and girl C at night. One of these activities can only be done on this day of the week. You initiate your chosen morning activity only to discover that it took all day and you’ve missed your chance to compete the day’s other activities and in one case have to wait until next week to complete one. Very frustrating. Equally frustrating is when you have an activity limited to say a morning only on Monday and Thursday and as you go to pursue it a girl randomly shows up to offer you an unplanned and in some cases unidentified activity of unknown duration. Do you go with the random event, which may not repeat, or follow your plan?

At a minimum the hint system should tell you how long the activity with the girl will last. In some case it does say something like “spend the day with so and so” but often you only find out after the fact.

Pre-leveling steps:

A pre-level step is something you must do before you can actually make progress with a side girl. For example you might have to give them something or do some related activity or do something with a different girl. In one case you must do something at a specific time of day for a number of consecutive days. Given the disruption to scheduling described above this is a real burden and so far in my experience has proven impossible until I reached end of content with the main girls. So now it’s just a grind to skip time each day until I can complete the pre-leveling and begin to advance the girl in question. This is just a hack to slow content consumption and is very annoying.

The grind (or not):

Many people say that the game isn’t to grindy and I am somewhat in agreement, but solving the above time management issue, which would help with the pre-level issue would dramatically reduce the grind. I mentioned that I used a one time monetary cheat. I thought I’d hit a mandatory high expense item when the disruptions of losing segments made it difficult to work regularly and my funds had gotten a bit low just blew my patience. It turned out that in the play the expense was cut to an affordable price after all, but by then I’d used the cheat. I wanted to play the game cheat free. Had the information as to event duration been available I’m convinced that I could have managed the event vs money generation and avoided the entire issue.

Summary:

Despite the above flaws, this is a pretty enjoyable game. It does get a little tiresome at points especially when you have all the girl’s next event at the same time of day, most of the time you can advance more than one a day. I’ve played for 127 days with Sundays mostly unavailable that’s 108 usable days out of 127 and have advanced the main girls and Jade 173 levels and the side girls 32 levels. Not quite 2 girls per day and there are a couple of levels that require multiple days. So pretty consistent progress, which would have been much slower without the walkthrough at the beginning.

Four stars. High praise from me for a sandbox game.