alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Just curious, how can it backfire?
Well, they could completely lose distribution rights to Honey Select if they act against the will of the copyright holder. That's the lightest consequence, though, as they could face legal action from the creators being told to stop, Illusion, or both if it happens to be another scam by Fakku.

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Man I can’t believe they took out the scene with the mom. The mom was one of the hottest parts of this game. I make a motion that every adult game creator move to subscribestar, or any other platform that censors the games less than patreon.
Truth is that other than a few pics and a mention in Ester's story line "Mom" has never really been part of the game. She is introduced as happily married and back home. I bet most never even knew that scene existed.

Maybe its just me, but I don't really want her in the game. The way I see it the story is about the Manor, the lovely inhabitants and our intrepid MC's new life, not Mom. And lets not forget the upcoming twists that will arise as the manor expands, we get a new puppy, meet new people and lovely Nefari's efforts to release his inner Mythic unfold. I can't wait :giggle:

Last edited:

Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
And I counter-motion that no dev should not risk their reasonably stable and plentiful pay base for one scene.
This is very true. I definitely don’t fault Jikei for removing it. I just dislike how patreon imposes so many restrictions on devs. I feel like we end up getting watered-down versions of what a dev’s true vision may have been. But it’s not the dev’s fault for following the rules, it’s patreon’s fault for making the rules so restrictive.

Nov 9, 2017
Just curious, how can it backfire?
They lose what is known as Earned Media. There are three forms of ads: Earned Media, Paid Media, and Owned Media. Fakku's own website is the Owned part and given their subject matter the Paid Media is likely minimal at best. Which leaves Earned Media which is beyond solid gold as it is free advertisement. Going after that is beyond dumb as all that free ads now have to be made with the other two which costs.

The thing that bothers me is you can link to actual twitter post and yet something publicly verifiable is dodged like crazy. The 'can be contacted via official Discord server' just dodges the issue and, IMHO, ranks right up there with the still popular Nigerian prince thing that still shows up in most people e-mail boxes.

Then there "unique expression is the actual visual character created by the artist" aspect of copyright . I seriously question how in anything like a sane world how using a tool would give total control of things created with that tool. It would be like saying Microsoft own the rights to your book because you used MS Word to write it. Even a EULA wouldn't change things as how enforceable those things are is matter of debate.

Either it is a troll claim or the company is run by the totally clueless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1481465

They lose what is known as Earned Media. There are three forms of ads: Earned Media, Paid Media, and Owned Media. Fakku's own website is the Owned part and given their subject matter the Paid Media is likely minimal at best. Which leaves Earned Media which is beyond solid gold as it is free advertisement. Going after that is beyond dumb as all that free ads now have to be made with the other two which costs.

The thing that bothers me is you can link to actual twitter post and yet something publicly verifiable is dodged like crazy. The 'can be contacted via official Discord server' just dodges the issue and, IMHO, ranks right up there with the still popular Nigerian prince thing that still shows up in most people e-mail boxes.

Then there "unique expression is the actual visual character created by the artist" aspect of copyright . I seriously question how in anything like a sane world how using a tool would give total control of things created with that tool. It would be like saying Microsoft own the rights to your book because you used MS Word to write it. Even a EULA wouldn't change things as how enforceable those things are is matter of debate.

Either it is a troll claim or the company is run by the totally clueless.
Well said, Morgan.

It's Fakku trying to make a buck and I truly hope it backfires spectacularly in their faces if this is how they're going to behave.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
so, there will be no more updates? it's a shame I really like this game
The next update was delayed, but there's no reason to think it won't happen. If this Fakku thing is going to affect the game there would probably be a post, and there's nothing yet.

Reactions: TheDevian

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Actually you can miss scenes during the Sunday events if you don't meet the requirements for them.
I just scribbled this into the top of 'sunday_events.rpy' to stop the days from advancing until you were ready for them. Quick and dirty.
Code:
label sunday_morning:
    $ can_warp = False
    if sunday_level < 13:
        menu:
            "STOP! Do NOT progress to the next Sunday Event!":
                jump late_night    
            "Go ahead and do the Sunday Event.":
                $ sunday_jump = sunday_event_schedule[sunday_level-1]
                $ renpy.jump(sunday_jump)
            "Note: Sunday Event #3 (Mall): Fanora L.6":
                jump late_night   
            "Note: Sunday Event #4 (Beach): Naira L.14 & F.10":
                jump late_night   
            "Note: Sunday Event #7 (Elevator): Velle L.14, Naira L.7":
                jump late_night   
            "Note: Sunday Event #10 (Mall): Esther L. 20 (buy vibrating panties for #11)":
                jump late_night   
    else:
        scene sun_4 0 with fade
        "You head to Esther's room, where you spend the entire day fucking Naira and Fanora while the others watched in envy."
        jump late_night

Nov 9, 2017
The next update was delayed, but there's no reason to think it won't happen. If this Fakku thing is going to affect the game there would probably be a post, and there's nothing yet.
All the more reason to suppose this Fakku thing is some troll or totally unenforceable as certainly something of this scale would pop up on patreon like yesterday. Why else hasn't there be a formal easily accessible public text announcement by Fakku?

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 189 Votes