Geist

Sep 25, 2017
Patreon take 20% and us state same. How more money he take. He maybe pay tax, money too. i true at money 1/3 max $18,000 a year.
After a quick online search of their platform rates, payout fees, etc; creators on patreon probably see about 82-86% of their patronage amount upon receiving their payout. Using the example of $5,050 we'll go with the lowest end of this range at 82% and say that per month the creator will actually receive $4,141, or $49,692 per year. If the creator is in the USA and this is their sole income, they would be obliged to pay $6,261.19 (12.6%) in federal taxes on that amount, bringing their net income to $43,430.81. --It slipped my mind that this income would be counted as a self-employed income, so the obligated tax would be $7,602.88 (15.3%) and their net income is then $42,089.12 per year.-- State, local, and any other obligatory taxes are dependent on their local jurisdictions, and as such I won't even bother to go into that detail. Quite a bit more than $18,000.

On another note, I did enjoy this game when it was receiving more frequent updates. Though I never did get around to being a patron amid those that I was already supporting at the time, so I don't have a right to complain. But it's still a shame that, for whatever reasons, the development cycle had to change so drastically.

Last edited:

Geist

Sep 25, 2017
In case you had not read back to the posts about it.
The delays on this release were due to Runey's father dying, and having to be the one to deal with all of the arrangements afterwards.
Contracting covid.
and moving to another country.
All three of those made it impossible to get any work done on Harem Hotel.
Thank you for informing me, as I truly was not aware. That is certainly a lot to deal with. Though are we talking about the same game/people here? o_O

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
Thank you for informing me, as I truly was not aware. That is certainly a lot to deal with. Though are we talking about the same game/people here? o_O
You aren't, Digdug just gets so riled up when someone criticizes a dev that he loses all of his sense :LOL: . He's referring to Harem Hotel (which is also closing in on a year with no updates)

Geist

Sep 25, 2017
You aren't, Digdug just gets so riled up when someone criticizes a dev that he loses all of his sense :LOL: . He's referring to Harem Hotel (which is also closing in on a year with no updates)
Thanks. I was confused for a moment there :LOL: I didn't think I was really criticizing the dev though? Just saying that I did previously enjoy the game when I played it, and it's a shame the dev cycle had to change in drastic manner. Perhaps I am a bit ignorant as to what all might be seen as criticisms of the dev, since I have read through a lot of WVM comments... :LOL:

Reactions: $@~ and torresm

tkm09

Oct 11, 2017
not sure what's happening, but each time i try to launch the game, nothing happens. there's not even an error or crash, it just... doesn't happen. reinstall might fix?

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Wrong game, but this dev had issues too.
Plus they are a solo dev with no team supporting them.
They have to create every part of the game, and write the script and code.
Uhh, Jikei is not working solo, it says so on their website. And now there's also the new hire. I think you're the one a bit lost here lol

• Hey there
Reactions: BebopPiggo

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
Uhh, Jikei is not working solo, it says so on their website. And now there's also the new hire. I think you're the one a bit lost here lol
Is it official that he has somebody? Because the Patreon post made me think Reiralie was functionally absent, and "finalizing" a hiring process always makes me nervous.
Great news if true! Hopefully that means he's serious about getting back on track. (He has enough stuff set up where he can easily do three v21 size updates a year, and still keep it going for 3+ years)

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Is it official that he has somebody? Because the Patreon post made me think Reiralie was functionally absent, and "finalizing" a hiring process always makes me nervous.
Great news if true! Hopefully that means he's serious about getting back on track. (He has enough stuff set up where he can easily do three v21 size updates a year, and still keep it going for 3+ years)
Oh wait, I read the other post as DigDug saying Jikei has always been solo, not just for v0.21. I'm out of the loop about this new person, haven't browsed their Discord in ages, but Jikei did say they were in the "final steps" about a month ago, so I'd reckon the hiring process has been finalized by now?

Reactions: TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Oh wait, I read the other post as DigDug saying Jikei has always been solo, not just for v0.21. I'm out of the loop about this new person, haven't browsed their Discord in ages, but Jikei did say they were in the "final steps" about a month ago, so I'd reckon the hiring process has been finalized by now?
I was sure that I had seen somewhere that Jikei was working alone at one point, but I may well be mistaken.
But, since .21 is out now, there is no reason for people to be worrying about it.

Reactions: TheDevian

VelSl

Apr 22, 2018
Why could that be? Maybe cause I am still compressing/uploading ;)
Patience.
Patience my friend, is virtue that not all of us have! :) Anyways, thank you for all the good work that you do providing us with affordable versions of our hobby product. Cheers!

Reactions: Bob69

juznone

Oct 7, 2017
I cannot play this using Joiplay, for your information, my joiplay fully updated, including all its plugin. Tried the v21 compressed first before trying the v21 uncompressed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I cannot play this using Joiplay, for your information, my joiplay fully updated, including all its plugin. Tried the v21 compressed first before trying the v21 uncompressed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did you get the Joiplay from the Play store, or from their web site?

Modok969

Jul 30, 2021
Is there a trick to the paper to appear in the shower so I can unlock Esthers locked folder? I swear a spent a solid week showering and nothing.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I got if from their website
.. There i downloaded and install all the plugin too
That's good, the one on the play store is never up to date.
The next thing I would do then is to check their discord. That is the best place I hear to get help with it.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes