VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Interesting chapter 4. I don't feel like I missed anything, but did it feel short to anyone else? I'm wondering if I somehow denied myself content, but not sure how that's possible unless there's more open on Kylie path than Kyle (Monica maybe?). Or perhaps my memory of the size of other chapters is distorted since it's been awhile since my first playthrough.
This chapter is shorter than the others, yes! It's not your imagination. I cut the original concept of Chapter Four in half so I could get it out faster. So now the game will be six chapters total, with Chapter Five being the "other half" of what this chapter was meant to be.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
MythosBookOne-4.0.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why does our new ghostlike friend have such an angry face?

One minute she's all "Casper the friendly ex" and the next she's all "Sadako i'mma gonna eat your soul".

First Becki with an I starts acting weird, weirder than usual, then the stuff with Death became her and then we have Demon wears Prada offering pacts around....

All the while that sneaky Cat is up to something.

I think that Cat needs investigating, I don't trust it, it looks shifty.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
The ultimate dilemma...play now & be happy for a short amount of time before having to wait again, or contain the excitement, wait for Chapter 5 and have more new content to enjoy at once! What ever shall I do? :eek:o_O:ROFLMAO:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
This chapter is shorter than the others, yes! It's not your imagination. I cut the original concept of Chapter Four in half so I could get it out faster. So now the game will be six chapters total, with Chapter Five being the "other half" of what this chapter was meant to be.
Thanks Nine! Sorry the cat got out of the bag early for you, but great content.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks Nine! Sorry the cat got out of the bag early for you, but great content.
It's a free game that was going to be out in two days anyway, so I'm not super devastated or anything. I don't even think my Patreon/SubscribeStar people care much that they get it earlier. :) I just want people to enjoy my stories.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
It's a free game that was going to be out in two days anyway, so I'm not super devastated or anything. I don't even think my Patreon/SubscribeStar people care much that they get it earlier. :) I just want people to enjoy my stories.
Well, they're great stories. Definitely one I've been thinking on and waiting for the next release of. Perfect blend for my taste of humour and genre mashups.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I agree, this game is a real gem & one of the most enjoyable VNs here, the single 1 drawback being that it is closing in on the ending. :D
Just means next game can maybe expand on the worldbuilding but with a new story? Fingers crossed.
That is true of course, I just hope to get to play as (female) Nelson again in the future, at some point. :cool:
Oh, this is definitely just the first step into my world (thus the "Book One"). Book Two will be a new story, and I'll just put this out here: after much deliberation I've decided that the MC of Book Two will once again be Ky Nelson (Kylie or Kyle, your choice). I had some ideas of other characters as the possible MC (like Jodi/Joseph Nelson, who you see in Chapter Four), but I think Ky has a lot more story that needs to be told right first.

As for the love interests in Book Two, it won't be the exact same set. Some may come back as continuing love interests, some may take a more background role in the second game, and some may not even be present due to being involved in other things or maybe dead. One of the characters in Book One is a killer, after all...

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
As for the love interests in Book Two, it won't be the exact same set. Some may come back as continuing love interests, some may take a more background role in the second game, and some may not even be present due to being involved in other things or maybe dead. One of the characters in Book One is a killer, after all...
Can you share any of the mechanics about the Investigation Board at the end of ch3, and how that may affect the story (if it does?)? Does trusting the right person maybe get an ally at the right moment, or being backstabbed if it's the wrong person?

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
For Book One (which is just this initial mystery around Lisa's death) I don't plan on it being more than 7 chapters to make this introductory game. After that, I plan to keep just putting out more games in the same universe as long as people are willing to play them. :D
I know this was 2 years ago so has the mystery been cut down from 7 to 4 chapters or is there some other plan?

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021
I agree, this game is a real gem & one of the most enjoyable VNs here, the single 1 drawback being that it is closing in on the ending. :D
Worse case scenario is we track Nine down and threaten her with Old Bay.......it works on all those from Maryland.....I should know since I too am a Balti-Moron....remember..Old Bay is the holy symbol to destroy us

Last edited:

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I know this was 2 years ago so has the mystery been cut down from 7 to 4 chapters or is there some other plan?
Answered just near the top of the page.

Reactions: Yuri L

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Total chapters is now finalized at 6!

Chapter Five is going to be the last "real" chapter (and really just the second half of Chapter Four).

Chapter Six is entirely you making your accusation and then seeing which ending you got. There's going to be 15 endings, so the chapter will be kinda big, but if you only want to see one ending it probably won't take you long.

Because of how it's set up though, you can make a save just before your accusation and play through that whole ending, then just reload that save and accuse other people to see how it plays out. I know not many people like having to play through a whole game over again just to see different stuff, so I've tried to make this as painless as possible in that regard.

Can you share any of the mechanics about the Investigation Board at the end of ch3, and how that may affect the story (if it does?)? Does trusting the right person maybe get an ally at the right moment, or being backstabbed if it's the wrong person?
The function of that board is largely to serve the same function as those recaps at the end of Chapters One and Two; the element of choosing who you suspect (or don't) will come up again at the end of Chapter Five when you make your accusation, but they don't have any bearing on how that character acts toward you (because it's not like you're running up to them and shouting your distrust).

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes