VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Now i'm scared they might actually do a sequel.

I'm going to take a step out of my norm and be serious for a second now....

Hollywood has shit on movies massively in recent years. From shit reboots to shit sequels to just plain shit. For every good movie there are a string of garbage ones.

The movie scene is not what it once was.

We know Morbius did shit at the box office, we know it's a shit movie however people are talking about it and that's all some of the higher ups in Hollywood need. After all, no publicity is bad publicity, right?

In this mad word we live in where Ghostbusters and the Oceans movies get an all female reboot which (to the surprise of absolutelty fucking no one) turned out to be complete and utter shit.

To them then decided the already nich classics in Charlies Angel's needs a feminist reboot when the original cast WAS ALREADY FUCKING FEMALE and that turned out brilliantly ....... by brilliantly I mean shit.

So, sadly, no I would not be surprised if the joke movie of 2022 that is Morbius got an equally shit sequel.

It's not like Hollywood can sink any lower.

What's next, a fucking Goonies reboot ....... now i've jinxed it.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Now i'm scared they might actually do a sequel.

I'm going to take a step out of my norm and be serious for a second now....

Hollywood has shit on movies massively in recent years. From shit reboots to shit sequels to just plain shit. For every good movie there are a string of garbage ones.

The movie scene is not what it once was.

We know Morbius did shit at the box office, we know it's a shit movie however people are talking about it and that's all some of the higher ups in Hollywood need. After all, no publicity is bad publicity, right?

In this mad word we live in where Ghostbusters and the Oceans movies get an all female reboot which (to the surprise of absolutelty fucking no one) turned out to be complete and utter shit.

To them then decided the already nich classics in Charlies Angel's needs a feminist reboot when the original cast WAS ALREADY FUCKING FEMALE and that turned out brilliantly ....... by brilliantly I mean shit.

So, sadly, no I would not be surprised if the joke movie of 2022 that is Morbius got an equally shit sequel.

It's not like Hollywood can sink any lower.

There is actually a new Goonies film coming...

• Wow
Reactions: afterlights

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Oh, not at all, she certainly has daddies talent for acting and same shit choice for movie roles.

When Paris Hilton has done a better job at something not involving cock sucking you know you've fucked up.
She also has daddies wrestling talent, but whitout any of the charisma.

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
A sequel I can take. Sure it's decades late but I wasn't around for the original (in case anyone doesn't know, the 1974 in my name is my partners DOB, I gots me a cougar). I wasn't around yet it's still one of my faves along with other 80's classics like Lost Boys and Stand by Me.

It's one of those movies that just should never be touched and the word reboot never used.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I see Rain as being a relatively nonviolent person, but fiercely protective of those she loves. This is what happens when you piss her off by hurting one of her friends...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A combat banana, you mean one of these?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I've felt like a Goonies reboot has been pretty much inevitable for a while now. With the success of stuff like Stranger Things and the It movie (the first part, anyway), Hollywood is keen on the idea of nostalgia-flavored kid-led casts (which is why the last Ghostbusters movie looked like it did).

The Goonies is the perfect intersection of 80s nostalgia and kids. There has to be someone in Warner Bros salivating over the possibilities. Doubly so since Steven Spielberg is sort of attached to the property.

The sad part is, there's no real reason why they had to be shit. It wouldn't have been that hard to write a story that involves a new cast of female Ghostbusters taking up the legacy of the old ones as a direct sequel. Since Harold Ramis was dead, establish the "genius" character as his daughter or student, taking on his legacy now that he's gone. Then she recruits her own team (which coincidentally happens to be all women because those are the people she knows). The rest of the team doesn't necessarily have to be a 1:1 clone of the originals, but you can still help validate them by having the rest of the original team show up and do cameos that match their own personalities. Ray probably loves the idea of a new team, Peter has probably gone mainstream and views those years as his old shame (much like Bill Murray), but can potentially be won over by the end. And Winston - who always sort of saw the job as a job - could potentially be the one to help ground the new team a bit (ie, they're excited about the possibilities and the glamour of things, but he kind of helps them see that it also needs to be a business).

Done right, you've created a spin-off that can stand on its own and spool out at least a few sequels with less direct influence from the original cast/movies. It can become its own thing, but it kind of needs to start out as a springboard off the originals.

Instead, we got what we got. And a lot of what killed that movie was Paul Feig directing it like a piss-poor improv session, and not really understanding any of the underlying themes or ideas that made the original popular in the first place. What it copies, it copies without knowing why it worked, and where it innovates it almost always does something much worse. It winds up feeling like a lame retread where the only meaningful difference is that everything is worse, and there are female Ghostbusters.

So then everyone focuses on the female lead part rather than the "everything about the rest of the movie is also bad" part, and blames its failure on sexism.

Similar problem (though nowhere near as bad) for Ocean's 8 - some of the characters are quite interesting, but most of them feel like direct replacements for corresponding characters from the male version, and the heist isn't all that great. A better overall plot and a bit more originality in terms of the team and it could easily have been a strong film. But again, people hyper-focus on the all-female lead aspect and put the blame in the wrong place (which means nothing will ever improve).

When Paris Hilton has done a better job at something not involving cock sucking you know you've fucked up.
I've got to be honest, I've always been convinced Paris Hilton is way more savvy than people realize.

A lot of her vapid party girl personality seems like it was deliberately cultivated (something a few people close to her have openly hinted at). She was essentially pulling a Madonna (like Lady Gaga did later), courting controversy and media attention to expand and develop her brand name identity. And then she parleyed that name value into multiple brands, which generate billions of dollars, to the point where she's the richest member of her family right now just based on her own income.

What we thought was just a dumb rich girl being a bit of an attention whore was a very clever would-be businesswoman pioneering a new business model. It's kind of telling that, once she started, she kind of disappeared out of the public eye. Once she no longer needed to be the vapid club kid to grab public awareness, she stopped doing most of those things. Almost as if she was never really about that sort of lifestyle in the first place.

Sure, it could just be a case of a dumb teenager (and then dumb young adult) finally growing up, but usually shitty rich kids stay shitty rich kids (and become even shittier over time).

It's also kind of telling that her friend Kim Kardashian used the exact same gameplan (right down to the leaked sex tape) to turn herself into a multi-media star. In both cases it feels way too calculated to just be nothing more than "Ehh, people love watching stupid rich people being stupid, so it was a complete accident that they became famous".

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 1863158

Friday Update - June 10th, 2022

The Dev of Worlds Crossing Academy has a couple of books on Amazon. I'm beginning his second book right now. His books have no sex, and no illustrations :cry:.

Self Publish BABY!!! (make sure the editing is good, people bitch like crazy over self published books with spelling and grammer errors even more than they do on F95zone)

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
View attachment 1863158

Friday Update - June 10th, 2022

What did Becki(With an I) give to Tara, she looks rather drunk and/or high:LOL:.
The Dark Depths of Despair in my Blackened Soul (I’m Dead) sounds like something Aiden would use as a theme:LOL:.
No need to rush out the next update, we can wait.
I agree with HogRocket selfpublish the book(s).

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
The Dev of Worlds Crossing Academy has a couple of books on Amazon. I'm beginning his second book right now. His books have no sex, and no illustrations :cry:.
Mine would likewise be without sex or illustrations -- the original version of what has become "Mythos Book One" had an asexual main character (Jodi Nelson), whom I have repurposed to fit another role in the Mythos universe.

If I do publish the novel version, I think I will end up re-writing it with significant changes. I'd probably switch to make Kylie the main character as she is in the game, and expand Tara's role from what she had in the book.

Fun background trivia (I probably said this already, but whatever!) -- in the novel, Tara's entire role was the MC went to the gas station, saw Tara (who was an acquaintance, not best friend), and Tara was like "hey, did you hear Lisa Harrison died?"

... and that's it. Tara sets Jodi on the path to wonder what happened to Lisa (who was just a friend, not an ex-lover) and she's never seen again.

Self Publish BABY!!! (make sure the editing is good, people bitch like crazy over self published books with spelling and grammer errors even more than they do on F95zone)
People can bitch more than they do here? Shocking! (Just kidding, I'm a Star Wars fan -- I know all about how toxic people get)

After I posted this, a friend gently reminded me that they're a publisher, so I may have more options available than I'd thought!

What did Becki(With an I) give to Tara, she looks rather drunk and/or high:LOL:.
Neither of those things! That's an actual shot from Chapter Three, too -- not just something I made for the update.

The Dark Depths of Despair in my Blackened Soul (I’m Dead) sounds like something Aiden would use as a theme:LOL:.
That's exactly what it is! :D You hear the very first snippet of it during Aiden's minor intro flash during the Gala, but in Chapter Three you get to hear the full version.

Sylvia's theme, however, does not sound like the snippet you heard for her intro. The title of her track may be a hint as to why... :devilish:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I think you should publish your book.
And you surely can sold it a bit more than 3$.

Mine would likewise be without sex or illustrations -- the original version of what has become "Mythos Book One" had an asexual main character (Jodi Nelson), whom I have repurposed to fit another role in the Mythos universe.

If I do publish the novel version, I think I will end up re-writing it with significant changes. I'd probably switch to make Kylie the main character as she is in the game, and expand Tara's role from what she had in the book.

Fun background trivia (I probably said this already, but whatever!) -- in the novel, Tara's entire role was the MC went to the gas station, saw Tara (who was an acquaintance, not best friend), and Tara was like "hey, did you hear Lisa Harrison died?"

... and that's it. Tara sets Jodi on the path to wonder what happened to Lisa (who was just a friend, not an ex-lover) and she's never seen again.
No sex? OK.
But would Kylie be totally asexual has you planned before for the main character of your book?
Or could she still fall in love?
Because, you melted my heart of half century old midinette dude :) with Tara confession.
You can change everything else, but you can't change that!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
Late but I agree with the others.
Take your time and update when you think it's good enough instead of rushing it, do what you think it's best for the game, not what others may think, quality will be always better than quantity in my opinion.
And yes you should try to publish your book, I would love to see how you plan to extend Tara's role and the romance between her and Kylie it would be so cool to read it. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
But would Kylie be totally asexual has you planned before for the main character of your book?
Or could she still fall in love?
Because, you melted my heart of half century old midinette dude :) with Tara confession.
You can change everything else, but you can't change that!
And yes you should try to publish your book, I would love to see how you plan to extend Tara's role and the romance between her and Kylie it would be so cool to read it. :)
I mean... wow... not that the main character's asexuality was a core thing in the book (I wasn't even going to mention it, she was just never going to pursue any romance), but apparently the Kylie/Tara romance is hitting people harder than I'd thought!

If I include any romantic entanglements in the books, it would be Tara, for sure.

It may be fun in the books to revert Sophia to her original personality -- she was a stunningly gorgeous pothead. And her "signature colour" was red, instead of yellow, and CyberDaze's uniforms were red polos with khaki shirts (it was supposed to be like Circuit City).

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I mean... wow... not that the main character's asexuality was a core thing in the book (I wasn't even going to mention it, she was just never going to pursue any romance), but apparently the Kylie/Tara romance is hitting people harder than I'd thought!

If I include any romantic entanglements in the books, it would be Tara, for sure.

It may be fun in the books to revert Sophia to her original personality -- she was a stunningly gorgeous pothead. And her "signature colour" was red, instead of yellow, and CyberDaze's uniforms were red polos with khaki shirts (it was supposed to be like Circuit City).
That show how good you are as a storyteller, you made us appreciate your characters to the point that we love to see as much we can of their lives, so kudos to you.:giggle:

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes