VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Is it like going to be no more sex games? I mean, its cool and all gotta do what you like and stuff. But if like book two gets the 'no sexual content' tag, thats kinda sad for me?
Personally, I'd probably be fine with no sex - it's generally not the blatant sex scenes that appeal to me as much as the lead up to it anyway (at least in well-written games). I'm okay with romances that end with a "fade to black" as long as it feels earned.

The trick with taking the overt sex out is that it opens doors to potentially getting the game on sites like Steam. Though it also means it sort of no longer belongs on sites like this one.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Personally, I'd probably be fine with no sex - it's generally not the blatant sex scenes that appeal to me as much as the lead up to it anyway (at least in well-written games). I'm okay with romances that end with a "fade to black" as long as it feels earned.

The trick with taking the overt sex out is that it opens doors to potentially getting the game on sites like Steam. Though it also means it sort of no longer belongs on sites like this one.
For a possible Steam release, I had an idea to take out the sex and put two different versions of Mythos up. I've also seen some VNs put up the game without adult content and provide a patch separately, but I don't have any Steam-unfriendly adult content so I don't think that's necessary.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I asume that Steam-unfriendly lewdness is the usual suspects, like incest etc.
That's a bingo!

I've said this in other places but not sure if I said it here -- I have nothing against incest games at all, but I feel like incest should be the focus of a game, rather than just some throwaway thing. Since the focus of Mythos isn't even on the romantic/sexual aspect, having incest in it would just be pointless. Like if Tara were the MC's sister and they hooked up during this murder investigation, it'd basically not be any different from Tara being a good friend and just being called "sister". The emotions and taboo behind incest are the whole point, so making it "easy" kinda defeats why incest would be there.

That being said, since Mythos is so focused on the supernatural (and some other social issues that you may already be noticing) incest just wouldn't "fit". That means I'm safe on Steam (and Patreon)!

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
That's a bingo!

I've said this in other places but not sure if I said it here -- I have nothing against incest games at all, but I feel like incest should be the focus of a game, rather than just some throwaway thing. Since the focus of Mythos isn't even on the romantic/sexual aspect, having incest in it would just be pointless. Like if Tara were the MC's sister and they hooked up during this murder investigation, it'd basically not be any different from Tara being a good friend and just being called "sister". The emotions and taboo behind incest are the whole point, so making it "easy" kinda defeats why incest would be there.

That being said, since Mythos is so focused on the supernatural (and some other social issues that you may already be noticing) incest just wouldn't "fit". That means I'm safe on Steam (and Patreon)!
You are absolutely right, it makes no sense in this game.
Having played some of the incest games on this site, I can say that games with taked on incest, takes most of the fun of the kink out of it.

I love this meme format. I ain't even sorry.

View attachment 1995366
I'm gonna forward this to Dr. HogRocket for his expert oppinion on the difference.:LOL:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
I love this meme format. I ain't even sorry.

View attachment 1995366
Nine of Swords, don't try to fool us.
I will quote you: " (even if werewolves did exist, I am not going to focus an entire game on them!)".
When someone start a sentence by "even if X did exist", this means that X exist...
And why take the time to write about werewolves, if they don't exist...
:ROFLMAO:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
You are absolutely right, it makes no sense in this game.
Having played some of the incest games on this site, I can say that games with taked on incest, takes most of the fun of the kink out of it.

I'm gonna forward this to Dr. HogRocket for his expert oppinion on the difference.:LOL:

ProffessorHogRocket-01.png

After careful study here at the Lawrence Talbot library at Oxford, and consulting with the Chair of Calidum Lupinotuum Virgo studies we have come to the conclusion that this is a classic case of "Werewolf Denial Syndrome". This syndrome is most common among Vampires, Artists who hate drawing hair, and Authors who have had a traumatic experience with asshole gamers. Vampires are especially prone to this syndrome due to inferiority complexes surrounding their relationships with Werewolves. Vampire society has spent a great deal of money to make vampires appear dashing, urbane and sophisticated and werewolves to be nasty vicious brutes. Much of this stems from the fact that werewolves have existed far longer than vampires. Werewolves stretch back to the dawn of man whereas vampires can only be traced to Elizabeth Bathory who caused its inception through the blending of 614 different DNA strands by accidently being struck by lightning on a stormy night in the bath. Being more peaceful and family oriented it has been easier for werewolves to lead normal "human" lives. Vampire authors have even been known to use wolf imagery in their works so as do have a pulpit from which to declare that werewolves don't exist. If an individual "polymorphs" into a wolf, and only a wolf - they are a werewolf! If they were a true polymorph, they could transform into anything. The werewolf myths surrounding the full moon and silver bullets are just that - myths. What better night of the cycle to run free in the woods than the full moon? You can see what you're doing! Many humans get "crazy" and party on full moons. As to silver bullets, well I imagine pretty much anyone would die being shot with a silver bullet; wouldn't you? :rolleyes: Just like vampires and stakes - a stake through the heart or beheading will pretty much take care of anything up to and including a Tyrannosaurus Rex!.

The more strident the cry, the more desperate the individual. Werewolf persecution must end! Especially of the lovely and desirable Tara!

Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara!

Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 1996883

After careful study here at the Lawrence Talbot library at Oxford, and consulting with the Chair of Calidum Lupinotuum Virgo studies we have come to the conclusion that this is a classic case of "Werewolf Denial Syndrome". This syndrome is most common among Vampires, Artists who hate drawing hair, and Authors who have had a traumatic experience with asshole gamers. Vampires are especially prone to this syndrome due to inferiority complexes surrounding their relationships with Werewolves. Vampire society has spent a great deal of money to make vampires appear dashing, urbane and sophisticated and werewolves to be nasty vicious brutes. Much of this stems from the fact that werewolves have existed far longer than vampires. Werewolves stretch back to the dawn of man whereas vampires can only be traced to Elizabeth Bathory who caused its inception through the blending of 614 different DNA strands by accidently being struck by lightning on a stormy night in the bath. Being more peaceful and family oriented it has been easier for werewolves to lead normal "human" lives. Vampire authors have even been known to use wolf imagery in their works so as do have a pulpit from which to declare that werewolves don't exist. If an individual "polymorphs" into a wolf, and only a wolf - they are a werewolf! If they were a true polymorph, they could transform into anything. The werewolf myths surrounding the full moon and silver bullets are just that - myths. What better night of the cycle to run free in the woods than the full moon? You can see what you're doing! Many humans get "crazy" and party on full moons. As to silver bullets, well I imagine pretty much anyone would die being shot with a silver bullet; wouldn't you? :rolleyes: Just like vampires and stakes - a stake through the heart or beheading will pretty much take care of anything up to and including a Tyrannosaurus Rex!.

The more strident the cry, the more desperate the individual. Werewolf persecution must end! Especially of the lovely and desirable Tara!

Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara!
Free Tara! Free Tara! Free Tara!

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 2007099

Friday Update - August 26th, 2022

Definitely the story first!
If doing the animations take you too much time avoid them as of right now ( you can always add them later), they are indeed good but to me they are like the strawberry on the cake, and the cake A.K.A the story is the most important thing, imho.:)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Make a serious post for once.

With regards to animations, I couldn't possibly give any less of a fuck about them.

Doesn't matter if the pictures move or not, the image of a girls face betwixt the thighs of another girl is pleasing enough and i've got vibrating aids so one way or another i'm enjoying myself.

Said it time and again in many threads, focus on the story, animations and polish or whatever else you devs like to do can all be added later. I don't think many people realise just how long animations take to put together. They seem to think it's like a scene and can be thrown together in a few minutes.

I care about the story and I care about the characters. Anything added after that is topping of the cake and i'm happy as long as it looks good, moving cake topping would look fancy but doesn't really add anything to the cake.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes