RPGM None WIP [Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle] [RJ088554] [Tsukinomizu Project]

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
10th floor almost ready (I actually translated everything, including the boss since it's kinda short). I just need to translate miscellaneous stuff in the recollection room, the horribly long Treasure room and even longer monster encyclopedia room.

Once I finish those I will upload this partial translation to get some free playtesters and proofreaders while I focus on translating the 9th floor.

Reactions: Puz42 and VidyaNoz

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I finished the recollection room. It was super short since it's just some activation dialogues and the hints about how to get them (the actual H-scenes are in the common events that I will do once I reach those scenes in my translation). I changed some of the wordings used for the hints from the JP version to make the hints a bit less confusing, but is still confusing so I may changed them again in the future.

Now I am translating the Monster Encyclopedia room which is long since it gives a brief description of every monster (80 monsters), there are a few scenes in this room and also there are some miscellaneous stuff to get new allies in this room. For now I translated 7 monsters pages. I messed up part of the code trying to use copy paste for parts that had the same text and since I am not a programmer the only fix method I could came up with was just copy pasting the clean JP version to fix it back.

I couldn't advance too much today since I was busy with a work that I forgot to do and I only have 24 hours to finish it starting from when I am writing this post. Luckily, I wasn't born that stupid so it will not be a big deal.

I think that around Sunday or Monday I can finish translating everything that I want for the first release. Since English is not my mother language, some stuff may sound weird, but for the people who are willing to test it, please write the feedback so I can fix it.

As a side note, I realized that I translated リザヘッド as Lizabeth, but luckily I found the mistake quickly and left that monster name as Lizard Head (is actually Lizaheddo, a mix between Lizard and Head, but I am not creative enough to make a proper name with that. I did thought about using LizaHeard but that sucks)

Reactions: VidyaNoz

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Today , I only translated only 3 monsters from the monster encyclopedia room (10 out of 80), but I finished all the miscellaneous stuff in that room so it was a decent advance. After that I will translate the events in this room and go for the treasure room.

Finally I will translate some monster farm h-scenes and it will really be the end of the 10th floor (I kinda feel that this is the longest floor since it has most of the things you will use in the game).

On a side note, I did finish my work on time (just barely on the time limit) so my body is feeling kinda weird after pumping it with caffeine. Hmm, caffeine overdose drugged sex sounds like a hentai plot, thank goodness that I live in the real world.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I realized that I probably translated everything from the 10th floor up to the first save point in the 9th floor so I will just upload it now.

It will have a good amount of typos since I didn't proof read this. Also the ~ symbol that I used to denote words ending in a long way for some reason is on a strange position and I don't know how to fix it.

The amount of translated stuff is very short so I don't really recommend to play it, but I will be grateful if someone does it and gives me some criticism.

EDIT: Forgot to say that today I translated 20 out of 80 monsters from the encyclopedia and 6 treasures from the treasure room, besides the entire 10th floor and the h-scenes from the monster farm (the place where you store your monsters). I planned to translated all 80 monsters today, but it was harder than I expected. I am going to take a rest tomorrow to get some sleep that my body demands.

The version I uploaded has 12~14 monsters translated from the encyclopedia, I'm not really sure. However, all the monsters you should be able to get in the 10th floor should be translated (there aren't that many of them there anyways.

The next version will have floor 9 and 8 fully translated.

Last edited:

barus

May 3, 2018
this is what google lense says the initial player position has not been set

Last edited:

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I rested two days instead of one due to real life issues (and being a bit lazy).

Currently I have 40 out of 80 monsters translated in the monster encyclopedia while everything else is the same.

Now I will do some monster birthing miscellaenous texts and then focus on the 9th and 8th floors.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Didn't do much yesterday after getting vaccinated and today I still feel awful.

I translated 6 birthing circles in those 2 days (the only difficult is translating the description of the monster to birth which is different from their description from the monster encyclopedia room).

I will start translating the 9th and 8th floor h-scenes on Saturday since I am busy with real life.

Reactions: VidyaNoz and Puz42

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I planned to take a rest today, but decided to check on the stuff I made a sidenote to check later.

Found that I had many instances in which I translated 魔物使い as monster user instead of monster tamer. The literal translation is monster user, but I feel that monster tamer is the correct translation in this case.

What I actually wanted to do was to decide if I translate ハッピーザン as Harpy-zan, happi-zan, or happizan. I ended up deciding for Happizan since this monster is not a harpy, but a demi-birdwoman (not a birdman, not a bird, not a human).

Other thing I wanted to check un was the tentacle clothing monster. I initially left them as Shock Bra, Shock Shorts and Shock Vibern, but I changed them to Tenta Bra, Tenta Shorts and Tenta Vibern. The reason behind it is that Tentacle is pronounced as Shoku and those monsters name starts with shoku so I was having some issues about how to translate them, but I decided to leave them as the Tenta series since not many people know how tentacle are pronounced in Japanese.

I also had an issue about some wordplay with tsukomi and insertion, but I ended up making a new wordplay with a similar meaning because it was hard to keep the joke with a literal translation (tsukonde is plunge, tsukomi is a retort in a slapstick comedy and both use the same kanji so you can kinda guess what the joke was about). It's not a crucial part and just some 1 second phrase that you will probably skip so it was only a great issue for me.

I also translated two more birthing texts which are the ones that unlocks the seedbeds that I was translating the other day so this one was kinda important.

I will definitely take a rest from this hobby tomorrow and do the work I am supposed to do in real life. Procrastinating is one of my bad habits.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
9th floor except for H-scenes translated.

1/3 of 8th floor translated.

I will take another break on monday, but since tomorrow is sunday, I will try to finish floor 8th and 9th on that day and upload it here.

I translated somoene whose literal translation is "Man in black clothes" as "Man in black".

Changed all the items finding that says "You got xxxxx" to "I got xxxxx".

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
I couldn't finish the 8th floor H-scenes today, but I only need to translate two more scenes so I can squeeze some time tomorrow to finish it. I may even translate until the next saving spot of the 7th floor too.

After that it will be the entire 7th floor translation while doing other miscellaneous translations. 7th floor is freaking long. So this one will take more time.

Besides, I am busy again in real life so I can only dedicate a lot of time translating this on saturdays or sundays for the next 2 weeks. Well, being busy in this pandemic is actually a good fortune so I shouldn't complain.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
Finished the floors 9 and 8 and translated until the entrance of the next town (which took way longer than expected).

I will take a 2 weeks rest, although I may advance a bit on Saturday and Sunday.

I will check this thread anyways in case someone wants to help me, give me some suggestion or to hear some complaints.

barus

May 3, 2018
the monster farm's capacity is at its limit .
i have 14 monsters cant figure out how to get more.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
the monster farm's capacity is at its limit .
i have 14 monsters cant figure out how to get more.
You need to have 30 different type of monsters registered in the encyclopedia and then talk to Romirua. In other words, you need to free some monsters and replace them with new ones. However, you need to advance further from the point I have tranaslated so far to get 30 of them.

The absolute limit of monsters at a time is 20.

Sleepy_Head

Jan 1, 2020
As a break from my responsibilities, I decided to translate a bit more.

7th floor has 6 area (around 42 maps) and I translated 90% of the first area, without counting the h-scenes. Not all areas have a lot of dialogue so it I can't say how much I have completed.

I also translated the 6th floor except for the h-scene.

My plan is to finish the entirety of the 7th and 6th floor (6th floor is short and it was almost done in the previous part I uploaded), 6 more treasures from the treasure room and 20 more monsters from the monster encyclopedia.

Well, this plan is bound to change as I advance with the translation.

barus

May 3, 2018
ninja takakaze is broken 45 minutes of spamming auto battle with lvl 40 monsters. ninja blocks all attacks