Collection Video Nagoonimation Collection [2024-06-04] [Nagoonimation]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

Mod Leaner

Dec 1, 2019
Thanks for the heads up.

I did not have AV1 and it seems this was the reason my PC was having a bunch of issues running videos that it should have been able to run smoothly, or at all. Not just nagoonimation videos either. Seriously, the above quoted was a big help. Worth noting that I do have VLC and it is updated along with several other players that are also updated but still no AV1.
I'm a little confused here, how can you have VLC updated but not have AV1? Isn't VLC already have AV1 by default (except you have a very outdate VLC from decades ago)?

RaidenZ

Aug 11, 2020
as someone who went from a 10 series to a 40 series this year i can confirm that av1 very often leads to extremely laggy almost unwatchable results on the old gpu's but on a newer gen the issue is completely gone

Nov 11, 2019
as someone who went from a 10 series to a 40 series this year i can confirm that av1 very often leads to extremely laggy almost unwatchable results on the old gpu's but on a newer gen the issue is completely gone
Well as long as the videos are working for everyone then that's good there really isn't a loss in quality compared to the original either.

RaidenZ

Aug 11, 2020
Well as long as the videos are working for everyone then that's good there really isn't a loss in quality compared to the original either.
what no the point was that av1 is extremely laggy if you arent on recent hardware. i mean its no longer a problem for me but probably for many others. but then again you could just watch the original especially because storage hardware is really cheap these days

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
AV1 hardware decoding is what the requirements

like RTX 30 series and above or Radeon 6000 Series and above
are for. Software-based decoding is what the codecs in VLC and MPC and whatnot are for. Plus, Software Decoding utilizes the CPU (instead of the GPU that is significantly better for a task like this) and that is why AV1 videos are laggy/choppy on older software: not only is decoding being done using the slower component of the two, that component is increasingly worse relative to its age as a technology.

Summary: AV1 videos can be played on virtually any Windows system - you need either the hardware or the player+codec combo for that. And a system literally unable to play them is a case-by-case type of issue that is with the specific setup (for example, unconfigured MPC filters, or outdated VLC). The answer to "can my system run this?" is always "yes" - the difference is what it runs on.

Nov 11, 2019
AV1 hardware decoding is what the requirements

are for. Software-based decoding is what the codecs in VLC and MPC and whatnot are for. Plus, Software Decoding utilizes the CPU (instead of the GPU that is significantly better for a task like this) and that is why AV1 videos are laggy/choppy on older software: not only is decoding being done using the slower component of the two, that component is increasingly worse relative to its age as a technology.

Summary: AV1 videos can be played on virtually any Windows system - you need either the hardware or the player+codec combo for that. And a system literally unable to play them is a case-by-case type of issue that is with the specific setup (for example, unconfigured MPC filters, or outdated VLC). The answer to "can my system run this?" is always "yes" - the difference is what it runs on.
Which is the reason why on the new one I included H265 because AV1 is so hardware limited at 4k and is still very new. H265 is supported on literally almost anything.
Ok after about 4 hours AV1 has finshed uploading and H265 is almost done. I will link microsoft store for the codecs.

this is the free version it will probably say it won't work on your device, but it will.
my personal choice of a media player.
AV1 Collection Needs RTX 30 Series and above or Radeon 6000 Series or above to work.
H265 Collection Will work with most hardware.
These have all the video variants so and take up 12.5GBs of space 112 videos in total and nothing is organized sorry about that.
I'm gonna bump this.

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes