Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Hey everyone!

A new version of Najima Island is now available! Version 0.3 should address many of the usability concerns and bugs reported in the last feedback cycle. Certain aspects of the game have been "polished".
In terms of content, Daeun's quest line has been added, and the three girls will all initially resist the <Controller>. Certain dialogs and story elements were adjusted to fit better narratively. No new characters have been added in this version, but will be in the next version.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues! Please also (different form from last time) so that I may make the game better in future releases. Feedback Form:

This game is now "in-development" and will no longer be considered a demo. That being said, the game is still very early in its development cycle, so content is a little light. More to come in future releases.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Slayerz

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Now that most of the quality-of-life concerns have been addressed, I should be able to focus on new content development for the next release, ver0.4.
Based on feedback, here is what I hope to accomplish in the next release, ver0.4:

As hinted in the school test/demo area, there are two more characters who will be added to the game once the Najima Academy area becomes available. I will add one of them in the next release, ver0.4.
I wanted to give a little sneak preview on what their character designs will look like. I did this reveal on about a week ago, but would like to share it publicly now.
I polled my on which girl should be added next. At the moment, the results of the poll are 60% Lily.
I'll also start to release full character art (much higher resolution) on Patreon as well.

Last edited:

DrewLichter

Oct 5, 2019
So quick question after playing the new version. I did submit feedback but especially with the scarcity of sex scenes compared to random violence and evil laughter, one of the choices in the form was "The MC needs a backstory for why he is so maliciously evil (and perverted)".

It seems that the game is primarily interested in making the MC evil and that being perverted is something that just happens along the way because the way he is doing it is evil. Is that the case?

Also fun fact, you can sequence break the game by first going to the beach, then entering the shed and then going to talk to the lady in the park. But I think it is only visual as I couldn't quite find the quest tracker in the menu.

The MC is still showing up on the left hand side, is that intentional?

Overall, I do like the concept and in the future I see that there is an option to make the MC less evil and that there seems to be an inner mental world scene to improve on the Controller functionality, but the evil first mentality in the current version is kind of off-putting.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
So quick question after playing the new version. I did submit feedback but especially with the scarcity of sex scenes compared to random violence and evil laughter, one of the choices in the form was "The MC needs a backstory for why he is so maliciously evil (and perverted)".

It seems that the game is primarily interested in making the MC evil and that being perverted is something that just happens along the way because the way he is doing it is evil. Is that the case?

Also fun fact, you can sequence break the game by first going to the beach, then entering the shed and then going to talk to the lady in the park. But I think it is only visual as I couldn't quite find the quest tracker in the menu.

The MC is still showing up on the left hand side, is that intentional?

Overall, I do like the concept and in the future I see that there is an option to make the MC less evil and that there seems to be an inner mental world scene to improve on the Controller functionality, but the evil first mentality in the current version is kind of off-putting.
Thanks for the feedback. My original plan was to make the MC as evil as humanly or (inhumanly) possible; after all, a normal human would hesitate to use the <Controller> at all, so the story would just have ended right after finding the device. However, MC's malicious and perverted attitude doesn't seem to be well received (or rather, not by many). Not sure how I am going to handle him going forward, but atm, I'm thinking about ways to tone him down a bit. Your other post gave some examples about certain choices players can make, and I think that may work. I just have to think about the actual implementation for the next release.

As for the sequence break - I don't actually enforce the hints for that part of the game, so if you know where you're supposed to do, then you can skip talking to the girl at the park, skip the key-less shed visit, and go straight for the key. Likewise, you don't actually have to go back to the shed to read the second research note if you know where to go next. This should make replays less tedious.

The picture on the left is an intentional design choice, but you can hide it temporarily by pressing "V". Once more story is added where possession/impersonation is required, being able to view the girls upfront with different outfits and expressions is something I'd personally like to do (got the idea from another game I played in the past). Although I made a mental note of not creating any art for the MC in future possession games since no one wants to look at a guy for so long.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021
Thanks for the feedback. My original plan was to make the MC as evil as humanly or (inhumanly) possible; after all, a normal human would hesitate to use the <Controller> at all, so the story would just have ended right after finding the device. However, MC's malicious and perverted attitude doesn't seem to be well received (or rather, not by many). Not sure how I am going to handle him going forward, but atm, I'm thinking about ways to tone him down a bit. Your other post gave some examples about certain choices players can make, and I think that may work. I just have to think about the actual implementation for the next release.

As for the sequence break - I don't actually enforce the hints for that part of the game, so if you know where you're supposed to do, then you can skip talking to the girl at the park, skip the key-less shed visit, and go straight for the key. Likewise, you don't actually have to go back to the shed to read the second research note if you know where to go next. This should make replays less tedious.

The picture on the left is an intentional design choice, but you can hide it temporarily by pressing "V". Once more story is added where possession/impersonation is required, being able to view the girls upfront with different outfits and expressions is something I'd personally like to do (got the idea from another game I played in the past). Although I made a mental note of not creating any art for the MC in future possession games since no one wants to look at a guy for so long.
If I were to recommend something to make the MC seem less evil, you can make the guy obsessed with the idea of controlling his own life.

Any teenager who grows up and starts to feel like he has nothing he truly owns (thinking along the lines of living off his parents hard work), if not properly supported by friendships or family, could grow to become obsessed with trying to do something by himself or start something for himself.

Now imagine a boy like that, having a poor relationship with a sister who hates him and having “friends” who seem to have their life all sorted out and not having problems like he does, finding the controller? It would be hard to believe if he doesn’t end up using it. The controller would feel like the answer to his problems, now he can start building his life his way.

Last edited:

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
Now that most of the quality-of-life concerns have been addressed, I should be able to focus on new content development for the next release, ver0.4.
Based on feedback, here is what I hope to accomplish in the next release, ver0.4:

As hinted in the school test/demo area, there are two more characters who will be added to the game once the Najima Academy area becomes available. I will add one of them in the next release, ver0.4.
I wanted to give a little sneak preview on what their character designs will look like. I did this reveal on about a week ago, but would like to share it publicly now.
I polled my on which girl should be added next. At the moment, the results of the poll are 60% Lily.
Oh, v0.4 seems promising based on what you listed. I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: Velzies

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Honestly MC is fine, not even that evil. Was expecting either overly edgy hilarity or something close to Rance, but this was surprisingly tame. My only critique would be what you're already looking into addressing over future update: just more dialogue, events, and character building for both himself and his sister.

Jul 26, 2021
I like what I have seen of this so far, but a couple of suggestions. first the permanent full body view of the main character on the left side is really annoying. I can think of no good reason to have it there when not in a conversation as it only serves to block the view of the gameplay. second I would suggest either HP or MP being returned upon rest, from what i have seen so far (not fully done with this update) you get nothing back after the day ends even though you say you are going home to rest. this adds nothing but extra clicks on the merchant guild.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Honestly MC is fine, not even that evil. Was expecting either overly edgy hilarity or something close to Rance, but this was surprisingly tame. My only critique would be what you're already looking into addressing over future update: just more dialogue, events, and character building for both himself and his sister.
Thanks! Didn't think he was that bad, just malicous and perverted. Regardless, I'll address by giving player dialog options. Yup, I'll some more of that next release.

I like what I have seen of this so far, but a couple of suggestions. first the permanent full body view of the main character on the left side is really annoying. I can think of no good reason to have it there when not in a conversation as it only serves to block the view of the gameplay. second I would suggest either HP or MP being returned upon rest, from what i have seen so far (not fully done with this update) you get nothing back after the day ends even though you say you are going home to rest. this adds nothing but extra clicks on the merchant guild.
I got that a few times, so I programmed in a "V" hotkey to hide the portrait temporarily. I still need to go in and fix all the talking events before adding that to the controls guide.
Rest after the merchant's guild, right? I'll make a note of that and make the change in one of the future versions.

is the posession required to progress?
At the moment, no. The next update (mostly story and content update) will require you to play as Aiko.

Reactions: Naughty Wizard

He Game

Sep 15, 2022
Hey dev Velzies I was trying to play this game on joiply but I got a issues half screen was working perfectly but another half screen get it black can you fix it;)

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Hey dev Velzies I was trying to play this game on joiply but I got a issues half screen was working perfectly but another half screen get it black can you fix it;)
Hey, it looks like the MV3D plugin which I heavily use in this game isn't compatible with joiplay, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. My apologies. I'll likely skip the MV3D plugin in my next game due to it and some other reasons. Then again, if a lot of people like it once the game is more fleshed out, I might use it again. It depends on the feedback.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: He Game

RoseWulfLea

Jul 1, 2020
Yes, but not for this game due to the need for transparent backgrounds. I'll consider it for my next game though.

Yup, that's understadable. I have that marked for the next version (ver0.3) when that gets released.
Is this art you drew and stuff, I might be weird but the koikatsu suggestion got me thinking that this is from another source. If this is art you drew I don't get using another source.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Is the 'no nudity' thing a temporary issue or a design choice? I'm intrigued by the concept, but there's pretty much no point in playing an MC/possession game if you're hard locked out of doing anything fun with it, the way I see it.
I'm not fully sure what to do about nudity yet. It seems like a lot of people want it based on feedback, so I've been thinking about how to implement it in the game. I can't make any promises yet, but I'm leaning towards "yes, I will eventually add it."

Reactions: L12@

DerpySlurpy

Jun 6, 2020
From one long time lurker to another, I greet thee. Spent a couple hours with it, even beat Carina with a party of 11s orbless. Only had a few issues that I found after about 2 hours. Liked the fact you could fight and hypno while possessed, though could see that being expanded upon should they get higher level than you by a bit. Its really just a convenient way to power level 1 or 2 characters.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
From one long time lurker to another, I greet thee. Spent a couple hours with it, even beat Carina with a party of 11s orbless. Only had a few issues that I found after about 2 hours. Liked the fact you could fight and hypno while possessed, though could see that being expanded upon should they get higher level than you by a bit. Its really just a convenient way to power level 1 or 2 characters.
Hey! Thanks for thoroughly testing my game! If I'm not mistaken, you found 7 bug in your form submission - I should be able to address 5 of them for the next version, although the accessory optimization & armor/weapon stacking appear to be limitations of RPGM so I won't able to fix those two.

Reactions: DerpySlurpy
3.60 star(s) 15 Votes