4.10 star(s) 37 Votes

OM24

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah, that is what I was trying to get at with having gorillagorilla checking the application support folder, to see if there is a nano-control folder. I noted the problem before. In the end it is an improvement since we no longer need to move the saves folder after every version since they all should use the same folder.

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
@speedapple
First off, love the game.
Second,
Do you have any access to a physical Apple machine to run tests on?
If not you should be able to set up a VM of High Sierra (10.13.6 is the most recent public version of macOS I think) for $0 and a bit of time. There are guides all over the place for it or I'd be more than happy to help.

If that won't work (either because your machine isn't powerful enough to run a VM or you don't have the time) your next best option to kill this bug is gonna be letting someone with a mac try for you. I would totally volunteer but I have 0 experience with RPGM.
As an absolutely last ditch effort you could make a version of the game that prints all error codes to the screen.
What it boils down to is we need the error code generated when we try to save on mac in order to help you.
So if you can get us the error code we could all stop guessing at what is wrong and actually tell you.
I see, thank you for the offer! To be honest I'm pretty touched by it. The issue seems to be fixed now! (Thankfully)

Can someone guide me how to play This game on Android... or any RPG game at all. I download the Apk and install and the game just didnt work. It gave the credits screen at the start but it's blinky( Yes blinky) and it just blacked out. I pressed the screen and there were some sounds like Menu being selected but it just pitch black. Do i need some Emulator or something to play this
You shouldn't need an emulator to play it on android, it might be because the apk is pretty old unfortunately.

@speedapple @gorillagorilla

@OM24 found the fix, the game is trying to save in the application support folder instead of its own folder, which results in it being unable to save because there's no folder there. To get it to save, you have to manually place a folder in the application support folder. The issue with this is that it's a hidden folder for a reason, because if you're technologically illiterate you can mess with important files there. Here's a quick guide on how to place the folder there:

Open Finder (The Mac version of file explorer) -> Your account (will usually be your name) -> press CMD + shift + G at the same time and type "Library" in the dropdown bar and hit enter (this allows you to go to the hidden Library file without using rather complicated codes that most people wouldn't immediately understand to show all hidden files) -> application support -> create a folder there and title it "Nano-control", I don't think capitalization matters but the characters have to be exact. Then just close out of the window and you can open the game and it'll work fine.
Have you checked you application support folder(home>Library>application support) and see if there is a folder titled "Nano-Control". If not you want to make that folder manually because it is where the game is trying to save. If that does not work try changing the setting. I have noticed that if there is something wrong with saving trying to change the setting crash the game, but gives you an error message at least(how I figured out the save folder issues).
Thanks for helping out with this guys! I'm pretty much useless with mac, my laptop can't really support an emulator at the moment, it's been turning off by itself lately haha. I really appreaciate the help! I'll get the instructions pasted on the front page!

Sorry about the late reply guys, had to do some damage control with the other game, and also had to prepare for stuff in real life as well.

Baharomont

Aug 28, 2017
-4 different endings and 6 girls currently planned!
Mmmm... This game not still finished yes? O_O When why 4 Endings? O_O

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
I think they mean if there's 6 girls planned why is there only 4 endings.
Ooooh I see haha.
Well that was the old plan, I didn't want to over promise and then under deliver. I think some of you guys will be happy to know that I'm currently working out a plan to have an ending for each of the main girls as well as a harem ending haha.

Jan 23, 2019
that's weird, the option doesn't show up when you ask the mayor about the town?
i maybe did Something wrong. how are you suposed to do it ?

oh and by the way. dies the valentine scene trigger randomly or do you have to set your computer's date to february to triger it ?

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
i maybe did Something wrong. how are you suposed to do it ?

oh and by the way. dies the valentine scene trigger randomly or do you have to set your computer's date to february to triger it ?
You can trigger it by just going to the mayor, and ask him about the town, there will then be a bunch of options of stuff you can ask him. You'll need to select the "tent" option, and he'll tell you to not look too much into it. You should have a new quest in your quest log by then. Just follow the quest log and you should unlock the bang tent.

The Valentines day scene triggers randomly, Jace will have to arrive in the town for it to happen though. The variable that triggers it is generated the night before when you sleep.

LetumComplexo

Aug 17, 2017
The easiest way to get the folder you need to save on macOS:

open terminal (you can find it in Applications/Utilities or else just use the spotlight search)
copy the following line and paste it into terminal
mkdir ~/Library/Application\ Support/Nano-control
hit enter

This creates a folder named Nano-control in ~/Library/Application Support, which will allow the game to store save files there.

The actual easiest would be to run it in a .command script (so that all you have to do is double click it from the finder) but macOS throws a security fit when you try to run a downloaded script.
First off all downloaded scripts are tagged as "don't run me" so when you try to run them it throws a warning and then you have to go into the security preferences and tell it to run anyways.
Secondly when I upload the script and redownload it macOS automatically sets the permissions for the script to read-only (as opposed to execute).
The instructions to fix this are longer than the above instructions and since you only have to run the script once y'all lewd mac gamers are just gonna have to do a little terminal legwork. You should be used to that by now, anyways.

@speedapple Ideally you'll want to include this instruction as part of the startup sequence for the game. RPGM should have some way for you to make a directory (Nano-control) at a certain file-path (~/Library/Application\ Support/), although I have no idea what it is. Just make sure it isn't going to overwrite anything when it does, because eliminating people's save games will probably make them cranky.

Reactions: Rain01

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
The easiest way to get the folder you need to save on macOS:

open terminal (you can find it in Applications/Utilities or else just use the spotlight search)
copy the following line and paste it into terminal
mkdir ~/Library/Application\ Support/Nano-control
hit enter

This creates a folder named Nano-control in ~/Library/Application Support, which will allow the game to store save files there.

The actual easiest would be to run it in a .command script (so that all you have to do is double click it from the finder) but macOS throws a security fit when you try to run a downloaded script.
First off all downloaded scripts are tagged as "don't run me" so when you try to run them it throws a warning and then you have to go into the security preferences and tell it to run anyways.
Secondly when I upload the script and redownload it macOS automatically sets the permissions for the script to read-only (as opposed to execute).
The instructions to fix this are longer than the above instructions and since you only have to run the script once y'all lewd mac gamers are just gonna have to do a little terminal legwork. You should be used to that by now, anyways.

@speedapple Ideally you'll want to include this instruction as part of the startup sequence for the game. RPGM should have some way for you to make a directory (Nano-control) at a certain file-path (~/Library/Application\ Support/), although I have no idea what it is. Just make sure it isn't going to overwrite anything when it does, because eliminating people's save games will probably make them cranky.
Oh wow, thanks for the super comprehensive guide! Sorry I haven'y updated the OP yet, real life called haha.

realdp

Apr 12, 2019
still confused after read the walktrough,.. how to raised xp?
when i am following instruction (play with kay and bring some juice to kay) kay XP still 0..

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
when i am following instruction (play with kay and bring some juice to kay) kay XP still 0..
Do things with Kay to raise her xp such as making her do lewd things (tell her to strip, blowjob, or sex) or having her work with you for the community (doing gardening or tending the local shop)

Would be nice if gifts were also an option

Reactions: speedapple

speedapple

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2017
Yeap, like masterdragon said below, you'll need to make her do lewd stuff!

Do things with Kay to raise her xp such as making her do lewd things (tell her to strip, blowjob, or sex) or having her work with you for the community (doing gardening or tending the local shop)

Would be nice if gifts were also an option
Thanks for answering as usual man!
And yeah, that sounds pretty nice XD, but there isn't really a "love" or "trust" stat for that to be useful tho...

Dantee94

Dec 9, 2018
I can't entre in the first room of jace, and i can't upgraded Her more lvls, the game say that i must Break Her more, but i can't lvl up more... Some ideas?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I can't entre in the first room of jace, and i can't upgraded Her more lvls, the game say that i must Break Her more, but i can't lvl up more... Some ideas?
Do things with Jace to raise her XP over 100 (check the controller as her XP resets on every level up) and while logic would suggest the three doors on top are the way what you really want is the doorway in the left side wall.

Reactions: Dantee94
4.10 star(s) 37 Votes