EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
First screen of dialogue, and this game is already bugging me.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 024110.png

I hate that font. I have no idea which faux-Comic Sans font that is, but I hate it. It's not bad in and of itself, except for one thing, the lowercase 'i'. You can see that the capitalized I gets the horizontal lines at the top and bottom, like you'd expect from a capitalized I. But the lowercase letters? All of the other letters look like they are capitalized (much like in Comic Sans), except for the i's. Not only are they dotted like you'd expect from being lowercase (contrary to the style of all the other lowercase letters in the font), but the dot rises far above the height of all other letters. So it looks like either an incorrectly sized character from another font, or a capitalized I in the style of the other characters but accidently given half an umlaut. It would look perfectly fine if the i's just weren't dotted, and were a vertical line as tall as all the other characters.

kerning.png

It's like bad kerning. I can't just un-see it, and now it bothers the hell out of me. Whoever designed that font needs 100 lashes with a pool noodle.

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes