VN Ren'Py Abandoned Nature of Man: The 22nd [v0.01 Alpha] [KodoAVNCreator]

Oct 30, 2018
Alright, don't get discouraged or take it the wrong way. This needs a lot of work.

I'll mention the straightforward issues first.
  1. The first thing you can fix easily is the empty text box that you have to click every time you finish a sentence.
  2. Work on the MC's face changing so much from different angles. He looks fine when looking directly forward, but the side views tend to look like a different person. Asian MC is super rare and it's nice to see one.
  3. The sex scene is just a random animation with absolutely no buildup or finish. That just won't do. It needs to be integrated into the script. Sex dialogues would be nice, but at the very least, make a natural start and finish to the scene.

Now it gets more complicated. Not everything could be fixed just by knowing the problem. It takes skills which you might be lacking. The writing needs a lot of work. I was interested in the overview and the setting, but it was immediately shattered by subpar storytelling. You don't need to narrate mundane actions that are plainly visible in the visuals. Narration has 2 functions. 1) To embellish a scene or situation through flowery and descriptive language. 2) To give information that might otherwise be lost to the reader.

The way you write goes like this. You get up from the bed. *Click. You get dressed. *Click. You swim through the water. *Click. You go in through the window. *Click. So on and so forth. It's neither interesting to read nor is it informative.

Great narration is really hard to do. You need a writer's touch to really pull it off I think. For most of us, it would probably be better to stick to dialogues/thoughts for the bulk of the script. I'd wager that this type of writing comes more naturally to most people. However, the gritty sci-fi dystopian setting is one that really would benefit from great narration to set the atmosphere. If you want to stick to a narration heavy script, then my advice would be to condense the single line descriptions into a more general description in paragraph form, rather than going line by line narrating each action the MC is doing.

Other than the technicalities in the writing, the build was just too short to really comment on the plot elements.

Good luck man.
I just revisited this thread, and your suggestions will be considered. I will keep listening to the community to improve my game. Thanks for the feedback.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1639965783658.png

End of the Month Progress Update
Some renders that I did during this month. Last August were all about new character designs. The majority of September was used to improve the script and I must say that there's still so much work to be done in both renders and the script.

1639965853310.png

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1639965943349.png

New Girl, New Script
She will be a new character that will be included in 0.01 Beta. After I finished mixing the music, I will finally be able to release the next version of the game.

1639965985025.png

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
What a shame. I pledged for a short time, until the dev stopped posting updates. A real pity, because I really liked this game.

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Dev is working on a new game, so I guess that this one is abandoned. Well if the dev can't be bothered to finish one game, I see no point in supporting for another.