4.30 star(s) 54 Votes

Silvenight1

Aug 23, 2020
True about most of the mishaps of Love Hina compared to here, but the feel of a well meaning character stumbling from trouble to more trouble just trying to make it through the day. She is a bit of a walking disaster, but thankfully she has love interests that accept her instead of beating her black and blue. Well outside of Diane, her Pansy Parkinson to her Hermione in the fanfiction sense of things.

The love/hate of the two is oh so similar it makes me laugh.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Really liking the exhibitionism aspect and most of the female characters in this game. Too bad the males look like potatoes but that's the engine's limit I guess.

Thanks to DWR Games for the fast release dates. It's nice not having to wait half a year for an update. Good work
That's Illusion for you, they don't put near as much work into the male options as the women, nor to the modders for it. Most people only care about the women, so there is where the work goes. Trying to make a decent male (especially if you want more than one in the game), is a real challenge.

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
Can you import models from other programs? suites? what ever their called?

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
It's possible to port 3d models, going through Unity3d straight to the Illusion Studio.
But it works better for objects, maps, scenarios, etc.
Characters from other sources are unlikely to have a style compatible with the girls' models.

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020
It's possible to port 3d models, going through Unity3d straight to the Illusion Studio.
But it works better for objects, maps, scenarios, etc.
Characters from other sources are unlikely to have a style compatible with the girls' models.
Well that's to bad.

Silvenight1

Aug 23, 2020
Pardon me, but does this mean a DAZ bed or other objects could be imported to Honey Select? I'm curious about making games myself and DAZ hates to stay running on my rig.

Plus the more anime style of characters fits my vision a bit better.

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
Pardon me, but does this mean a DAZ bed or other objects could be imported to Honey Select? I'm curious about making games myself and DAZ hates to stay running on my rig.

Plus the more anime style of characters fits my vision a bit better.
Yes, it is entirely possible to convert any object from DAZ to Honey Select.

Silvenight1

Aug 23, 2020
Your awesome. That may be the best news I've got today. Thank you for replying. I hear people gripe about non DAZ games but they seem to miss that three quarters of the games that use that render platform use the exact same assets. It's like watching the old 50's TV shows and all the contract actors appearing in every bloody series in nearly every show, just in slightly different parts.

Your work is original, and refreshing. I love it.

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
Your awesome. That may be the best news I've got today. Thank you for replying. I hear people gripe about non DAZ games but they seem to miss that three quarters of the games that use that render platform use the exact same assets. It's like watching the old 50's TV shows and all the contract actors appearing in every bloody series in nearly every show, just in slightly different parts.

Your work is original, and refreshing. I love it.
There is a reason for that, but I think it is out of the thread subject :ROFLMAO:.

In short, with the experience I have with DAZ, some assets, in addition to being cheaper, are better optimized for the mass rendering that a game requires.
I did a scene recently on DAZ in which only one change of the character's hair changed the render time of the scene in 1 hour.
I don't know if that is exactly the reason, but it certainly should influence.

And thanks for the words about my work. I'm glad.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bearded_NoPants

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020
There is a reason for that, but I think it is out of the thread subject :ROFLMAO:.

In short, with the experience I have with DAZ, some assets, in addition to being cheaper, are better optimized for the mass rendering that a game requires.
I did a scene recently on DAZ in which only one change of the character's hair changed the render time of the scene in 1 hour.

So I have no Idea how these render program work but... am I to understand that you place the accets then hit some sort of render button and it does all the texturing and lighting for you?

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
So I have no Idea how these render program work but... am I to understand that you place the accets then hit some sort of render button and it does all the texturing and lighting for you?
It's not that simple. There are ready-made assets, you just need to position them and press a button. But to do quality work like many devs do, it requires a lot of technique, patience, knowledge.

There is a lot of work involving lights, shaders, camera angles, effects, post effects, etc.
There are also methods of optimizing the scenes, so that they consume less of the computer and are ready faster.

In addition, to render with quality, you need a computer with reasonable hardware. To render a complex scene you need a high end video card, if not your computer would fry.

At Honey Select Studio, there's also a lot of work. But the method is different.

I particularly do a lot of the work on Unity itself before I send it to Studio. Mainly the textures. In the studio, I work more on lights, poses, cameras. And there is also post-processing done in photoshop in some scenes.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

I don't know about the conversion process, but I do work in blender to make assets for my game, and some others I help with. If there is something I can do (like a simple toy or other prop), I would be happy to help. I can't do clothing, but hard surface items without moving parts, that I can do.

DWR Games

Creating Naughty Lyanna
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 28, 2018
Learning how to port 3d objects to HS helped me a lot. Before that, I often thought about the scene, but I just didn’t have the necessary assets to execute it. So I had to change the original idea.

Now, if I don't have the asset, I spend a lot of time building and modifying it to make the scenes the way I want. It works most of the time (Sometimes it's a disaster :ROFLMAO: ).

Reactions: Bearded_NoPants

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Learning how to port 3d objects to HS helped me a lot. Before that, I often thought about the scene, but I just didn’t have the necessary assets to execute it. So I had to change the original idea.

Now, if I don't have the asset, I spend a lot of time building and modifying it to make the scenes the way I want. It works most of the time (Sometimes it's a disaster :ROFLMAO: ).
Well, depending on what it is, I need some reference pics and maybe a description, but feel free to send me a message if you need something you can't find.

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020
It's not that simple. There are ready-made assets, you just need to position them and press a button. But to do quality work like many devs do, it requires a lot of technique, patience, knowledge.

There is a lot of work involving lights, shaders, camera angles, effects, post effects, etc.
There are also methods of optimizing the scenes, so that they consume less of the computer and are ready faster.

In addition, to render with quality, you need a computer with reasonable hardware. To render a complex scene you need a high end video card, if not your computer would fry.

At Honey Select Studio, there's also a lot of work. But the method is different.

I particularly do a lot of the work on Unity itself before I send it to Studio. Mainly the textures. In the studio, I work more on lights, poses, cameras. And there is also post-processing done in photoshop in some scenes.
oHHHHH Cool. I thought it was something like that...
the more you know.gif

Silvenight1

Aug 23, 2020
One point I would like to mention of the game is how in the Teacher Lounge scene with Diane, I was thrilled when the option came up to either put the little princess in her place or allow her to rule over Lyanna. It was an easy choice for me to put the tiny minx in her place and I am hoping to get more chances to make the pampered cutie into Lyanna's pampered pet.

Most games I've seen expect for a female protag to want to be the sub. I don't mind their wish for that, it's just not my cup of tea. So congrats on the option to give Lyanna a back bone, and some lovelies to eventually tame but not just use like toilet paper. I hate games that only depend on emotionless assholery to entice the masses.

Bearded_NoPants

Donor
Jan 12, 2020
One point I would like to mention of the game is how in the Teacher Lounge scene with Diane, I was thrilled when the option came up to either put the little princess in her place or allow her to rule over Lyanna. It was an easy choice for me to put the tiny minx in her place and I am hoping to get more chances to make the pampered cutie into Lyanna's pampered pet.

Most games I've seen expect for a female protag to want to be the sub. I don't mind their wish for that, it's just not my cup of tea. So congrats on the option to give Lyanna a back bone, and some lovelies to eventually tame but not just use like toilet paper. I hate games that only depend on emotionless assholery to entice the masses.
AFUCKENMEN!!! I feel DWR Games is trying to carve out two paths for the game. One where Lyanna is more aggressive and one where she's at the mercy of others... Dom Sub routes? In any case I will only play the sub route because I'm a completionist. I mean DWR worked on the scenes I might as well appreciate His work. Thou all I feel when I play a route with a male character is the desire to castrate them...

The majority of games that have a Female Protagonist always put the MC though peril, pain and rape. like Melissa's studies, the MC situation goes from bad to worse to horrible the end. No justice for the MC and all the people who did her wrong even her father live happily ever after... Unlike the MC. The only "good ending" is if you fail to even reach the school and head back home right at the beginning.

So I LOVE NL because it so far looks like the MC will live in her harem happily ever after.

4.30 star(s) 54 Votes