Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
And additionally while im a big fan of nephilim, some people really take the story too seriously.

Its just the tone and everything is more like dragon ball than lord of the rings. The mc at this point is a half-angel super-saijan superman venom combination, whats the big deal about turning the main LI into something powerful too at this point.

The plot is closer to some anime power-fantasy, no need to be so butthurt about minor stuff, its just meant to be a fun ride.

Eliza, after all the training was barely able to fight off two goblins, its would be really annoying with her staying this weak all the time and the mc always having to safe her even from minor threats.
The reason people get so "Butthurt" is because they become emotionally attached to characters.
So, if that character is altered in a big way, they can become upset.

It sounds like you don't get very attached to these stories or are looking at it from a different perspective.
But a lot of people do get attached why do you think they get so angry or sad.

I personally believe any story that doesn't make someone feel emotionally connected to the characters isn't a very good one.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
The reason people get so "Butthurt" is because they become emotionally attached to characters.

It sounds like you don't get very attached to these stories or are looking at it from a different perspective.

I personally believe any story that doesn't make someone feel emotionally connected to the characters isn't a very good one.
100% this what you said is the exact reason ill still play this game even if Eliza does become completely ruined in my eyes after sometime. As I feel like I made a stronger connection to Eliza through out the story than alot of other LI out there. Not only do I like the story alot but I have alot of good memories of Eliza from before her change and a connection to her to the point I don't think I can entirely dislike her no matter what and I want to see this story all the way through because of said connection.

its not like Eliza is someone entirely different now, shes still the quriky, loving, loyal, fiery girl, she just has to battle the side-effect of her vampirism for a while now.
This is why she isn't ruined yet in my eyes even tho it did take me some time to accept her change. She still has the same personality, now if that gets changed well then that's when she probably will be ruined in my eyes.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

Yeah no, i actually agree with everything you said in general minus your assumption about my likes or dislikes.

Im just saying this avn isnt really about having a super serious story and its not like Eliza is someone entirely different now, shes still the quriky, loving, loyal, fiery girl, she just has to battle the side-effect of her vampirism for a while now.

If someone only accepts LIs as innocent harem damsel virgins, thats his problem/braindamage and not the devs fault (this point is obvisously not about you, i know your interrest in LI's are .. different to the harem croud).

Maybe its just your understanding that a LI isnt allowed to develop at all because some people could dislike the development which is flawed.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yeah no, i actually agree with everything you said in general minus your assumption about my likes or dislikes.

Im just saying this avn isnt really about having a super serious story and its not like Eliza is someone entirely different now, shes still the quriky, loving, loyal, fiery girl, she just has to battle the side-effect of her vampirism for a while now.

If someone only accepts LIs as innocent harem damsel virgins, thats his problem/braindamage and not the devs fault (this point is obvisously not about you, i know your interrest in LI's are .. different to the harem croud).

Maybe its just your understanding that a LI isnt allowed to develop at all because some people could dislike the development which is flawed.
I thought it was going to be a super serious story when I started playing.
The OP made it sound like it was.

And Eliza killed some chick that just makes her look like a piece of shit to a lot of people.
I personally find that to be too much of a character shift.

Its why I most likely won't be playing this ever again.
Well, that and I don't feel like there are enough choices.

I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it.
But it's a lesson I have learned.

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023

You know, most of us wouldn't have bothered about her turning into a vampire if she had not killed anyone.

I would have liked to see her struggling with being a vampire. I was happy when she stopped herself from sucking MC's blood but she went on and killed someone eventually. Killing innocent people is where I draw the line.

How casually some of you guys are taking that death is unbelievable. MC is supposed to save the world(atleast in the light path) and now we see him helping a murderer and covering up the murder of an innocent girl.

If I had problems with her turning into a vampire I wouldn't have downloaded this new update since everyone knew she finally turned in the previous update.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I thought it was going to be a super serious story when I started playing.
The OP made it sound like it was.

And Eliza killed some chick that just makes her look like a piece of shit to a lot of people.

I'm just glad I didn't spend any money on it.
But it's a lesson I have learned.
Not gonna lie, im surprised as i always saw you as a guy who enjoys to prove his dedication to the Li's. Yet when one of them - and in this case the epitome of loyality - Eliza struggles with vampirism youre just abandoning her instead of supporting and helping her to control it?

Would you abandon the love of your life if she made one grave error which killed somebody innocent while she was infected with something she cant control?

And even worse, the mc knew it would happen and instead of takeing care of her he just went to sleep. I just don see how eliza is to blame in this circumstances.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Not gonna lie, im surprised as i always saw you as a guy who enjoys to prove his dedication to the Li's. Yet when one of them - and in this case the epitome of loyality - Eliza struggles with vampirism youre just abandoning her instead of supporting and helping her to control it?

Would you abandon the love of your life if she made one grave error which killed somebody innocent while she was infected with something she cant control?
I don't know tbh.

But I do know I don't like what has happened lately.
I played the mc as a super nice guy whenever possible and yet he still acts the way he has these last two updates.
And honestly that just pisses me off.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
You see...I'm not a divine half-breed meant to face world-buster level threats. So I wouldn't need to do that. You are thinking from a rl perspective. I'm replying from the context of this game's story...

And it's not even assumption, the story itself has shown the fate of people he gets attached to. Parents murdered. Girlfriend crippled. His newer girlfriend would have been skewered by her own sister if the latter didn't have a, plot-induced, sudden change of conscience. His main opponent has already been shown to have a knack for targeting loved ones to get his way. He just saw it happening again with the witch mother.

Since he chose to surround himself with others, he should take advantage of anything that can strengthen them. Otherwise he is just dragging the poor lambs to slaughter.
Since when are you able to turn children into monsters IRL?

You are also creating a false dichotomy. of "turning your loved ones into monsters is literally the only way they can be protected. therefore it is vampirism or death"

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017

I'll only have a problem if it keeps happening tbh cause I honestly expected her to kill someone her first day as vampire just like I would in any form of media with vampires. As to me its a way to show she doesn't fully have control of her new self yet. At least her personality hasn't shifted and she feels guilty and bad about it. But yeah if she just keeps killing then yeah there is no hope for her in my eyes basically first 1 is free.

Reactions: Maviarab

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Since when are you able to turn children into monsters IRL?

You are also creating a false dichotomy. of "turning your loved ones into monsters is literally the only way they can be protected. therefore it is vampirism or death"
Yes, if you are a monster yourself, that's the only way actually. And that's what he is.

We get it, you like your 2d waifus to be weak subservient dolls, constantly needing the big bad MC to save their ass. But if any game wants to go beyond the cardboard cheerleader characters we usually see in harem shit, it has to do something different. It makes sense within the story for the weak crippled girl to want to stop being a weak cripple girl and become a monster like her dude. It's that simple.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
We get it, you like your 2d waifus to be weak subservient dolls, constantly needing the big bad MC to save their ass.
You are viewing the world in a binary of extremes. YOU stated earlier that you hate it when women ever need a man to protect them. I disagreed. But that does not mean I want every woman to be the most opposite extreme of "subservient doll damsel in distress".

It is also a mental illness to think a woman needs to be a combatant or else she is a mindless "doll".
And the term "damsel in distress" is only used seriously by people who have far too big a chip on their shoulder.

Personally I like variety. NOT every single woman needs to be an action girl strong independent whamon who can kick ass and chew bubblegum. (which is why in my original post on the subject I explicitly used the word "all" when saying "they don't all have to be". reread it please)
But if any game wants to go beyond the cardboard cheerleader characters we usually see in harem shit, it has to do something different.
I don't know what fantasy world you live in where strong action girls are "something different". It is the most common and unoriginal.
Having an actual vulnerable wife would truly be ground breaking and original in 2024.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Personally I like variety. NOT every single woman needs to be an action girl strong independent whamon who can kick ass and chew bubblegum.
See I agree with this take in general just not in the context of this game. Because as far as I can remember Eliza has always thought she was a burden and weak when it comes to combat. So because of that to me it makes sense to me she would eventually find a way to power up.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
See I agree with this take in general just not in the context of this game. Because as far as I can remember Eliza has always thought she was a burden and weak when it comes to combat. So because of that to me it makes sense to me she would eventually find a way to power up.
I can accept that argument. it is a pretty decent one. "she always wanted power and now finally gets it" is a legitimate character arc.

Certainly far better than the notion that all waifu who aren't the MC's equal in combat is a "weak subservient dolls, constantly needing the big bad MC to save their ass." (exact words).

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
But yeah if she just keeps killing then yeah there is no hope for her in my eyes basically first 1 is free.
first 1 is free? I get it man that you are completely in love with Eliza and that's what you are saying in every post if yours. Every post of yours in this thread says the same thing in different ways but what the fuck is "first 1 is free"? You get to decide what's free and what's not?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
first 1 is free? I get it man that you are completely in love with Eliza and that's what you are saying in every post if yours. Every post of yours in this thread says the same thing in different ways but what the fuck is "first 1 is free"? You get to decide what's free and what's not?
Yes I do get to decide what's free and not when it's comes to my personal opinion / thoughts if I consider if a character is ruined or not to me personally. That's all I meant by that nothing more. I'm not trying to say she should be absolved or forgiven for murder. But yes I do think she can still redeem her self since it's not like she is a horrible person, of course that depends if she gets her shit together.

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
I can accept that argument. it is a pretty decent one. "she always wanted power and now finally gets it" is a legitimate character arc.

Certainly far better than the notion that all waifu who aren't the MC's equal in combat is a "weak subservient dolls, constantly needing the big bad MC to save their ass." (exact words).
I literally closed the last comment with that exact thing :confused:

And I actually agree with you, variety is good. Now check the vast majority of games tagged with harem on this site and you will see most female characters follow the subservient cheerleader pattern. It's just as boring as Hollywood's version of stronk wuman that's so common in modern movies. I only care about the character making sense in the story. And Eliza's change does.

The very fact there so much discussion about characterization for this game means dev is doing something right.

Reactions: BuuPlays
4.10 star(s) 59 Votes