indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Thank you for the in-depth feedback, I already have some adjustments to the controversial Selena choice in the oven, I just haven't had the time to implement them yet, they may make it into the next update, it will include adjustment both to the light and dark choice.

There are no forced romances in Nephilim nor will there be. And there's no major betrayals in the pirate arc, the pirates are acting in their own interests as they obviously owes us no allegiance early on, and it's not until later in the arc that they truly become our allies, at which point there are no betrayal from them.

Kira turns us in to her father after knowing us for a week, she may fancy us but that doesn't erase her need for approval at that point.
Pearl steals a valuable treasure to protect her sister, it's not like she's a pirate or anything right?
did u changed some renpy code?? cuz seems mod give a rollback error that it isnt' possible to get rid of....pls some hints about it? tha<nks

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
did u changed some renpy code?? cuz seems mod give a rollback error that it isnt' possible to get rid of....pls some hints about it? tha<nks
I would advise against using a mod, you really don't need it as the game tells you about choices as a baseline and any mods can mess up your save files.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Wait, so the second time Eliza feeds on some chick and then both Eliza and MC just walk off leaving the victim knocked out laying in the street to get abducted or molested or whatever by whomever should find her?

This seems fucked up.

edit: If Selena wants to make amends, then she should willingly be Eliza's blood supply, so she can stop eating innocents unnecessarily.

Last edited:

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
was good untill the vampire garbage ,if your paralyzed before your turned your still paralyzed after ,her walking again is just plain stupid as for a vampire if your on a light path you would kill any vampire as they are a kind of demon, it just doesm't make any sense at all !

Reactions: Faxe10%

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
was good untill the vampire garbage ,if your paralyzed before your turned your still paralyzed after ,her walking again is just plain stupid as for a vampire if your on a light path you would kill any vampire as they are a kind of demon, it just doesm't make any sense at all !
I admit im not super into vampires or lore of vampires. But I thought it made sense cause of vampires having regeneration abilities. So I dont see why it wouldn't make sense for her to walk again. .

About killing any vampires on the light path that's debatable. I personally think it would be more a dark path thing to kill every vampire straight out without knowing if they are a bad vampire or good one or can control their hunger.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Haha whats wrong with you? Are you stateing your opions on the real world science about vampires or what? lmao

And one of the gods is supposedly a vampire (and the MC's god-aunt) so your idea about the good path sounds entirely braindead and not considering the lore

blackmetal

Nov 15, 2018
I admit im not super into vampires or lore of vampires. But I thought it made sense cause of vampires having regeneration abilities. So I dont see why it wouldn't make sense for her to walk again. .

About killing any vampires on the light path that's debatable. I personally think it would be more a dark path thing to kill every vampire straight out without knowing if they are a bad vampire or good one or can control their hunger.
regeneration only works if the injury happened while you were a vampire not before That would be Ludicris to heal an injury that happened before

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I know this will sound insane (and potentially not possible to make), but in this update, could it be possible to give option to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
you aren't the only one that was one of my complaints when I wrote about my thoughts. I killed her too but wanted to help her at the point without sex as well. Since I did feel guilty for killing someone innocent as im not playing the MC as a dark path but more grey. Basically im playing my MC in a way he will let the world burn and get revenge for anyone that does anything to Eliza. However at this point in the story I would think my MC isn't angry enough at her to let her suffer if there is a chance to bring a innocent victim back to life.

Reactions: nitkonikic

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
if your paralyzed before your turned your still paralyzed after ,her walking again is just plain stupid
According to who exactly? You know they are not real right...no set rules or are you suddenly the international rule maker on vampire lore?
regeneration only works if the injury happened while you were a vampire not before That would be Ludicris to heal an injury that happened before
What's ludicrous? ;)

Reactions: FuzzyPredator

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Well like I said I dont know enough about vampire lore but it doesn't seem that far fetched to me. As I assumed the regeneration is because of how blood interacts with being a vampire. Tho I guess it does depend on what vampire rules you go by maybe? Cause im used to seeing in some vampire tv shows where some had broken bones, bleeding out or whatever and got turned or drank blood and it healed the broken bones and everything.

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
Nephilim is a good visual novel until the point where we have to choose our vengeance against Selena for making Eliza paraplegic. The morality choice imposed by Buu makes no sense!

• On the path of light, you can let her go and ask her to apologize to Eliza, which is ridiculous.

• On the path of darkness, you kill her sister who is also a victim in this event. But you leave Selena free to seek revenge.

The path of light is too naive, and the path of darkness is misdirected. Regardless of the path, the MC must punish her for her actions. She should not get away with "Oops, that wasn't nice, now go apologize!". She still harmed the most important person to the MC.

Regarding the "light" choice, it clearly poses a problem. You can't let someone who has committed such a grave mistake get away without any consequences.
  1. You let them leave the capital with a warning. However, you never want to see them again.
  2. Selena turns herself in to the authorities and takes responsibility for her crimes. However, the possibility of forgiveness is not excluded someday.
  3. As in the original idea, you forgive her and act as if the incident never happened.
The light choice should allow us to decide whether or not the MC will forgive her someday, without becoming a murderer. We're kind, but Selena must face the consequences.

Returning to the "dark" choice, you can kill Selena's sister who has nothing to do with it, except being a hostage, so kill her. That would make no sense, and even if you do, you leave Selena alive and risk her visiting and killing Eliza, who cannot protect herself in her current state... At what point do we think this is a good idea? Selena is the culprit, she should be punished without having the opportunity to retaliate. Four possibilities come to mind:
  1. As in the basic idea, we kill the innocent sister but also break her spine so that she suffers the same fate and understands that her choices have serious consequences.
  2. We simply kill her coldly after making her sister paraplegic.
  3. We make Selena paraplegic and force her sister to take care of her for the rest of her life or enslave her.
  4. If slavery exists, both sisters become slaves. This way, it's Samarah who will resent her sister for her choices.
In any case, the dark path is clear, there will be no forgiveness from the MC for Selena's betrayal.

I understand that Buu wants to continue to impose the character of Selena on us, for his story. But we're at a key moment in the story that shapes our MC's personality and future. The player must have the possibility to exclude Selena from their game or at least from their circle. I know that implementing choices brings extra work, crucial for the rest of the game.

Unfortunately, as I go through the discussion, I discover that a new betrayal is looming in the pirate arc. It seems that we are being forced into a romance with this traitor. So, I wonder if Buu has really experienced betrayal in their life. Having experienced it myself, the last thing I want is to keep that person close to me. Forgiving someone does not mean we want to be around them every day.

There are alot of choices and consequences in the game that make no sense to me but to others it seems perfectly reasonable. One of my biggest is the assassin scene. Light path you take his magic and weaken him (+1light, kill him +5 dark), he's still a trained assassin out for revenge who can strike from a distance and can hurt your companions or others. Why would you leave someone like that alive after they tried to kill you? If you kill him your going down the dark path for defending yourself and stopping a future threat to others. To me that doesn't seem like a dark path. That's like saying if you kill someone for trying to kill you or your family your evil. Doesn't mean I'm going out and killing people for the fun of it. Which is the more evil, killing a group of bandits or just beating them up and hoping they don't do it again?

With that being said while I don't always agree with the options available or consequences it is the Dev's story. My choice is to play it or not. If I like the story I play/continue on if not I move on to the next. Sometimes I point out things other times I just deal with it (usually depends on how bad it sets with me). So far I enjoy the story even if I don't agree with the options/choices all the time. (looking at you vampire choice -.-)

Reactions: NebulousShooter

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
There are alot of choices and consequences in the game that make no sense to me but to others it seems perfectly reasonable. One of my biggest is the assassin scene. Light path you take his magic and weaken him (+1light, kill him +5 dark), he's still a trained assassin out for revenge who can strike from a distance and can hurt your companions or others. Why would you leave someone like that alive after they tried to kill you? If you kill him your going down the dark path for defending yourself and stopping a future threat to others. To me that doesn't seem like a dark path. That's like saying if you kill someone for trying to kill you or your family your evil. Doesn't mean I'm going out and killing people for the fun of it. Which is the more evil, killing a group of bandits or just beating them up and hoping they don't do it again?

With that being said while I don't always agree with the options available or consequences it is the Dev's story. My choice is to play it or not. If I like the story I play/continue on if not I move on to the next. Sometimes I point out things other times I just deal with it (usually depends on how bad it sets with me). So far I enjoy the story even if I don't agree with the options/choices all the time. (looking at you vampire choice -.-)
To be fair your not forced to be on the dark path even when you kill the assasin. My mc is usually rather good but i still take a few dark path choices (like killing the mentioned assasin).

And its the "dark path", not the "evil path" so i think its fitting, killing your enemys always is definitly darker even when its justice or reasonable.

There doesnt seem to be a simple Good/Evil lore in Nephilim which is potrayed with angels being very cruel for example or with a friendly vampire-goddess. We will just have to wait and see to know more about the lore

Reactions: BuuPlays
4.10 star(s) 62 Votes