Others Completed Netoria Tactics: Revolution [Female Carwyn Update] [Apollo Seven]

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes

Dan_

May 5, 2019
Hey guys, I can't play this game on my Mac. I was wondering if you guys could do a CG Rip for me?

Displayme

Dec 21, 2020
can't figure out the controls... It's Utter shite!!! Well my keyboard is also Shite... My Mouse is Shite!!! well that's it for that game... Cheers :)

Barsuk_fr

Nov 2, 2020
This is the scariest UI I've seen lately... I mean, why even make it such a way? This game even doesn't need higher difficulty settings, the interface is already challenging enough, making the game confusing at the best, if not unplayable...

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
probably the best game you made so far
Out of aaaaaalll that i've played it's not only the best he made so far, but one of the best in general. Good, mystic plot, unusual characters and their behavior, unusual game style for a hentai game, great music, balanced difficulty. It's actually difficult to think of bad parts - all i can think of would be just nitpicking.

Controls are a bit more difficult than usual, but i would be insulting myself if i say it's a major problem and i can't adapt to it. Also i hear often that scenes aren't that good, but for me hentai games are just games that include hentai. It's not necessary for them to make you coom all over your room, what's necessary is to make it an enjoyable experience. Like Rance, i think while playing from 1 to 6 i was able to do it only once.

Though i guess i didn't play the second half yet, i'm waiting for the game to be finished, and the ending is pretty important for the overall experience.

Polyy

Nov 22, 2018
I wonder if people who haven't played old fire emblem games are the ones complaining about the controls/ui.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: himomo

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
It's a nice game, probably the best game you made so far, which is surprising considering how little to no efforts you put into it. I know you're in for the money dude but y'know, feel like wasted potential.
This feels like a troll, but for the record, I make negative money on these games. I spend more on the art than I make on Patreon by about 50%. And making games is incredibly time consuming. I don't know what part of this game seems low effort to you, but I've spent at least several hundred hours making it for my sweet sweet negative profit.
So creating these games is like the least money making thing I could do with my time lol.

nicolascage

Nov 19, 2022
This feels like a troll, but for the record, I make negative money on these games. I spend more on the art than I make on Patreon by about 50%. And making games is incredibly time consuming. I don't know what part of this game seems low effort to you, but I've spent at least several hundred hours making it for my sweet sweet negative profit.
So creating these games is like the least money making thing I could do with my time lol.
You're good dude, nsfw game scene wouldn't be a thing without people like you. It's a nice game with cool art. I come to check on it every now and then to see if it's been updated. Keep up the good work.

Jack Madrigal

Aug 12, 2023
This feels like a troll
I wouldn't troll, I value respect, less positive feedback is still feedback. but you can be the white dove that the frog can't spit on, live in your own echo chamber of self approbation with all your yes-man, up to you to separate the wheat from the chaff. after all I'm just a nobody on the internet so don't let it wound your ego, you're still creating something.

Last update for this game was about 6 weeks ago, that's roughly one picture (and just minis with no shading, not full scene with multiple protagonist) per week, and if that's where goes all your budget I would urge you (with all due respect) to get yourself another graphic designer. because if all your budget goes into that you're being ripped off: that is a day of work at most.

You make a simple game with a pre-existing game engine, the lack of content just show a lack of interest. I wouldn't take on my time to tell you about my concerns if I didn't value your work and see the potential in it, but this all thing look like a mess, a quickly put togheter cash bait with low quality inconsistent art that you keep reusing all game long, and you drag it month after month with peanut "updates".

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I wouldn't troll, I value respect, less positive feedback is still feedback. but you can be the white dove that the frog can't spit on, live in your own echo chamber of self approbation with all your yes-man, up to you to separate the wheat from the chaff. after all I'm just a nobody on the internet so don't let it wound your ego, you're still creating something.

Last update for this game was about 6 weeks ago, that's roughly one picture (and just minis with no shading, not full scene with multiple protagonist) per week, and if that's where goes all your budget I would urge you (with all due respect) to get yourself another graphic designer. because if all your budget goes into that you're being ripped off: that is a day of work at most.

You make a simple game with a pre-existing game engine, the lack of content just show a lack of interest. I wouldn't take on my time to tell you about my concerns if I didn't value your work and see the potential in it, but this all thing look like a mess, a quickly put togheter cash bait with low quality inconsistent art that you keep reusing all game long, and you drag it month after month with peanut "updates".
The reason I said you might be a troll is that you just said personal attacks, that's not feedback. Anyway, your points still don't make any sense. You can call that not listening to criticism if you want, but there is a lot of actual legitimate criticism for the game and I do listen to it.

Did you read the change-log? This update has tons of art in it. New character art for Gwen, new art for a lot of different gropes, new art for all her actions as the erotic dancer/whore class. You might think that's not much, but art is expensive. You have to pay for the artist's time, their labor, their expertise, and the rights to distribute the work. That all adds up pretty fast. It's not a cheap process. And there's the re-using art thing again. What scenes re-use art? There's a few right at the start, and each of the final scenes with the different guys share one piece, but otherwise it's all unique for each scene. And drag it out month after month? Lol, this game went from initial release to final level in six months.

Anyway, this game has legitimate problems the biggest being the bad engine which I've done as much about as I can. And limited art budget resulting in not that many individual illustrations. This is fair, but the focus of the game really isn't on that. If you're just skipping through the gameplay to go look at the scenes, this is the wrong game to do that for. And this recent update was just me fixing stuff people rightfully complained about. Like the gropes being too generic, Gwen having one piece of character art for the whole game, and the groping kind of just stopping in the late game.

I said from the start that this was a small side project. If anything, that people complain that the amount of content is kind of limited is a compliment to how much work and effort I actually put in it. Because they're comparing it to fully fledged products with multi-year development cycles.

Jack Madrigal

Aug 12, 2023
The reason I said you might be a troll is that you just said personal attacks, that's not feedback. Anyway, your points still don't make any sense. You can call that not listening to criticism if you want, but there is a lot of actual legitimate criticism for the game and I do listen to it.

Did you read the change-log? This update has tons of art in it. New character art for Gwen, new art for a lot of different gropes, new art for all her actions as the erotic dancer/whore class. You might think that's not much, but art is expensive. You have to pay for the artist's time, their labor, their expertise, and the rights to distribute the work. That all adds up pretty fast. It's not a cheap process. And there's the re-using art thing again. What scenes re-use art? There's a few right at the start, and each of the final scenes with the different guys share one piece, but otherwise it's all unique for each scene. And drag it out month after month? Lol, this game went from initial release to final level in six months.

Anyway, this game has legitimate problems the biggest being the bad engine which I've done as much about as I can. And limited art budget resulting in not that many individual illustrations. This is fair, but the focus of the game really isn't on that. If you're just skipping through the gameplay to go look at the scenes, this is the wrong game to do that for. And this recent update was just me fixing stuff people rightfully complained about. Like the gropes being too generic, Gwen having one piece of character art for the whole game, and the groping kind of just stopping in the late game.

I said from the start that this was a small side project. If anything, that people complain that the amount of content is kind of limited is a compliment to how much work and effort I actually put in it. Because they're comparing it to fully fledged products with multi-year development cycles.
A personnal attack would be to call you bald and say you smell like rotten eggs, I used the word "feedback" not criticism, it rub you the wrong way so you discard it, that's not my problem.

"a ton" is clearly not what I would say about the addition I have the folder under the eyes, there's two models (with color variation) in charillust (both same picture just dressed different, not a complete new picture, that's hardly an hour of work to make the 5 variation. and the 5 out of the 9 minis in the picture folder are (again) just variation of already existing pictures in the game (the only 4 new pictures are dance, flaunt ass, flaunt breast, gwengrind)

that you paid ten millions for that isn't my problem either, it's your faulty judgement, whether you like it or not it isn't worth much, and there are legions of other mediocre graphic designer that wouldn't nearly cost you as much for the same amount of work of that quality (and even more).

My point was and still is: this game deserve more efforts, it shouldn't be treated (as you said yourself) as a little side project.

Last edited:

Gregor34674

Aug 7, 2017
when trying to start game.exe, it freezes with black screen. Am I missing something?
1693255450833.png

Last edited:

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
A personnal attack would be to call you bald and say you smell like rotten eggs, I used the word "feedback" not criticism, it rub you the wrong way so you discard it, that's not my problem.

"a ton" is clearly not what I would say about the addition I have the folder under the eyes, there's two models (with color variation) in charillust (both same picture just dressed different, not a complete new picture, that's hardly an hour of work to make the 5 variation. and the 5 out of the 9 minis in the picture folder are (again) just variation of already existing pictures in the game (the only 4 new pictures are dance, flaunt ass, flaunt breast, gwengrind)

that you paid ten millions for that isn't my problem either, it's your faulty judgement, whether you like it or not it isn't worth much, and there are legions of other mediocre graphic designer that wouldn't nearly cost you as much for the same amount of work of that quality (and even more).

My point was and still is: this game deserve more efforts, it shouldn't be treated (as you said yourself) as a little side project.
You don't consider calling me in it for the money and saying I put low effort into the game personal attacks? Whatever it is, it's not useful feedback. You clearly don't know what you're talking about in terms of art production, so that's not feedback either. So really all I've gotten from you is you feel like the game is low effort and don't like the art. And that's not nothing, but not particularly useful to me. I really don't care about your interpretation of the game's budget because you don't have enough information to make any real insights and I don't really care to explain it all to you. Why you feel it's low effort maybe could lead to something useful. Do you not consider things like programming, design, and writing effort? What if this had been a text based game with no art at all? Would that be inherintly low effort?

when trying to start game.exe, it freezes with black screen. Am I missing something?
It might not work with your system for some reason. The base engine is pretty wonky.

Jack Madrigal

Aug 12, 2023
Yes, it's a low effort game, it's an already existing (cheap) game engine with mediocre art, but it could be great, hence the whole point of this argument, and now you're getting salty saying I have no idea of what i'm talking about, even though you have no clues as who I am and what I do for a living.

now I'm gonna give you 3 bullet points and be done with this, since you're so sensitive and I run out of fucks to give:

- Dedicate the proper time and resources this game deserve
- Have someone make all the art in a consistent way with the needed variation for the context and the clothing
- More events with an actual progression.

Or don't, you're perfect after all, you do everything right and you make all the right decision, in fact everyone should do just like you, that's why nobody in the world is more successful at making games.

andybc

Oct 2, 2020

Another day, another armchair game dev who you can easily tell has no real world experience. Whole post is full of holes and misinformation that no one can take what you say seriously. You act all high and mighty saying you value respect, yet you disrespect the dev by resorting to insults. Just keep contradicting yourself.

Pakhawaj

Aug 23, 2017
This is the fix. Although how I implemented it is different, fundamentally it should result in the same behavior in most situations. Instead of directly changing the enemy behaviour, which seems to be fundementally broken somehow, I just use the existing behaviur that enemies don't like to attack people they can't hit. So if someone is standing next to Gwen, they should always go after her.
That is brilliant news, thank you! If they're still going to attack Gwen, I agree that it is almost exactly the same. Really pleased that's been sorted out. I'll start a new game, might try it on a harder difficulty.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
You don't consider calling me in it for the money and saying I put low effort into the game personal attacks? Whatever it is, it's not useful feedback. You clearly don't know what you're talking about in terms of art production, so that's not feedback either. So really all I've gotten from you is you feel like the game is low effort and don't like the art. And that's not nothing, but not particularly useful to me. I really don't care about your interpretation of the game's budget because you don't have enough information to make any real insights and I don't really care to explain it all to you. Why you feel it's low effort maybe could lead to something useful. Do you not consider things like programming, design, and writing effort? What if this had been a text based game with no art at all? Would that be inherintly low effort?

It might not work with your system for some reason. The base engine is pretty wonky.
Well I enjoyed the update and did a brand new playthrough to test it. Can't wait for the epilogue to come out now. Also noticed that feminity and corruption for Carwyn were seperate stats and if its high enough you automatically turn into a female. In my playthrough I was able to get about 70. Not sure how high it needs to be to impact anything though? Does that mean there is potential ending for fem Carwyn even if they have 0 corruption. Either way looking forward to what the future brings. Even if its additional epilogue scenes rather than a new route I will take it.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yes, it's a low effort game, it's an already existing (cheap) game engine with mediocre art, but it could be great, hence the whole point of this argument, and now you're getting salty saying I have no idea of what i'm talking about, even though you have no clues as who I am and what I do for a living.

now I'm gonna give you 3 bullet points and be done with this, since you're so sensitive and I run out of fucks to give:

- Dedicate the proper time and resources this game deserve
- Have someone make all the art in a consistent way with the needed variation for the context and the clothing
- More events with an actual progression.

Or don't, you're perfect after all, you do everything right and you make all the right decision, in fact everyone should do just like you, that's why nobody in the world is more successful at making games.
I'm really not particularly annoyed with you. I do think that this conversation has run it's course though. I think I just don't understand what you mean by "low effort game" I guess it means bad art? The game being "low effort" is not an actionable problem. Using an existing engine is a pretty funny criticism though. I can't think of a single game on here that doesn't.

Another day, another armchair game dev who you can easily tell has no real world experience. Whole post is full of holes and misinformation that no one can take what you say seriously. You act all high and mighty saying you value respect, yet you disrespect the dev by resorting to insults. Just keep contradicting yourself.
The conversation would probably have gone better if they didn't come out swinging accusing me of abusing my Patreon for profit and repeating the phrase "low effort game" over and over haha.

That is brilliant news, thank you! If they're still going to attack Gwen, I agree that it is almost exactly the same. Really pleased that's been sorted out. I'll start a new game, might try it on a harder difficulty.
You're welcome. I wish I could have solved the base problem, but I couldn't really let the feature continue being broken so I found a work-around.

Well I enjoyed the update and did a brand new playthrough to test it. Can't wait for the epilogue to come out now. Also noticed that feminity and corruption for Carwyn were seperate stats and if its high enough you automatically turn into a female. In my playthrough I was able to get about 70. Not sure how high it needs to be to impact anything though? Does that mean there is potential ending for fem Carwyn even if they have 0 corruption. Either way looking forward to what the future brings. Even if its additional epilogue scenes rather than a new route I will take it.
Femininity and corruption really don't do different things as of now, but I plan for them to. For example, in some Futa Gwen expansion content I'd like to do, Femininity will matter, but not corruption. Because that route is mostly about Female Carwyn and Gwen getting together but Gwen also has a dick.

The epilogues should come out in October at this point. September is the release of my big new game that I've been working on for about two years at this point.

4.10 star(s) 54 Votes