Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I hope you do. As I said above, there are a lot of positives, so please don't get discouraged by our pointing out (what some of us see as) aspects that could be improved.

I must have missed that scene. When did that happen?

Edit: Ah, just checked the script and I think it must be referring to the variant when she requires a sperm sample; I didn't get that option because it requires a high relationship score with her to become available. I was standing at re_mil=2 so maybe my MC didn't suck up hard enough in the earlier scenes.
"Sucking up" is bullshit in this case. MC was able to score relationship points with Milena due to chosing the lewd/daring/dominant choices during their first interview. It sounds more like you did chose to suck up to her picking tame answers (which she doesnt appreciates and obviously considers boring).

And yeah in the scene you missed Milena is very much being put in her place in a way i enjoyed.

Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017
The man in hospital was not Faustina's husband, her husband is dead. The man in the hospital is Gaius' partner.
I had the feeling that was Faustina's husband, he had been poisoned but it didn't really kill him it left him in a coma BUT they didn't want people to know that he was still alive so they made up the rumors of Faustina poisoning him when it most likely could have been Cicero that did it. They have been working on getting him fixed with surgery because the poison did a number on his internal organs. This is my theory at least, I maybe wrong but this is what I think.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
"Sucking up" is bullshit in this case. MC was able to score relationship points with Milena due to chosing the lewd/daring/dominant choices during their first interview. It sounds more like you did chose to suck up to her picking tame answers (which she doesnt appreciates and obviously considers boring).

And yeah in the scene you missed Milena is very much being put in her place in a way i enjoyed.
Fair enough, I haven't gone back over the game to figure out where I picked up those two points or missed out on others. I'll freely confess to zoning out during that Q&A session because I found it tedious, and probably just picked whatever answers might have a chance to get it over with.

Reactions: belovedeggs

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Fair enough, I haven't gone back over the game to figure out where I picked up those two points or missed out on others. I'll freely confess to zoning out during that Q&A session because I found it tedious, and probably just picked whatever answers might have a chance to get it over with.
Just to emphazise my point because i think its somewhat hilarious and i enjoyed the "interview", the following answers gave relationship points and/or make Milena horny:

Question 2 - Someone owes you money and doesnt pays you back

MC: I will fuck his sister (+1 Milena, +1 horny)

Question 4 - Nuclear War and you have a Bunker, who is allowed to join?

MC: Only attractive women and me (+1 Milena, +1 horny)

Question 10 - your captured by a succubi who wants to fuck you for enternity in her lair

MC: I will make her submit to me instead (+1 Milena, +1 horny)

I mean we can argue if its kinda dumb (i think its funny tho) but its for sure not sucking up to her haha

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Just to emphazise my point because i think its somewhat hilarious and i enjoyed the "interview", the following answers gave relationship points and/or make Milena horny:

Question 2 - Someone owes you money and doesnt pays you back

MC: I will fuck his sister (+1 Milena, +1 horny)

Question 4 - Nuclear War and you have a Bunker, who is allowed to join?

MC: Only attractive women and me (+1 Milena, +1 horny)

Question 10 - your captured by a succubi who wants to fuck you for enternity in her lair

MC: I will make her submit to me instead (+1 Milena, +1 horny)

I mean we can argue if its kinda dumb (i think its funny tho) but its for sure not sucking up to her haha

Yeah, I think I maybe picked two of those options. Or maybe I lost a point somewhere else: It's been a few months since playing that part. Oh well.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I had the feeling that was Faustina's husband, he had been poisoned but it didn't really kill him it left him in a coma BUT they didn't want people to know that he was still alive so they made up the rumors of Faustina poisoning him when it most likely could have been Cicero that did it. They have been working on getting him fixed with surgery because the poison did a number on his internal organs. This is my theory at least, I maybe wrong but this is what I think.
You are wrong. It was stated that the guy was related to Gaius, i think its his son, someone else thought its his partner but this guy is not the former emperor who is dead. Entirely and completly dead, no coming back.

And the search for relics is to cure the Virus even tho they probably dont mind finding lots of other useful tech on their way and use it for their goals. But as Milena explained, money they earn due to tech is able to fund the search/ressearch for a solution for the biggest problem of huminity in this universe.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Yeah, I think I maybe picked two of those options. Or maybe I lost a point somewhere else: It's been a few months since playing that part. Oh well.
Haha yeah hugging and reassuring a sick beggar and protecting the vulnerable in the bunker makes her dislike the mc, she isnt a goody-two shoes and i guess believes in survival of the fittest

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
It looks less like gaining allies and more like becoming the bitch of outside power while having no clue about their real goals and intentions.

The plan was for the mc to go undercover (i didnt really made sense to paint him as the murder for that imo) to find out who killed his father while the mc's brother knows that he killed him himself. In the end the empire only stole the relic (to use it to cure the disease) which imo doesnt justify to take it down lol
Cure? The empire lives in complete decadence with fancy gadgets they make with the tech they extort from its vassals. The mc's village looks to be set like in a middle ages. A imperial guard gets to live in a fancy penthouse and mc despite being a provincial leader's son gets to live in a shitty wooden house. After all that the doctor had the gall to make fun of mc's education lmao. Even after staying loyal they get assassinations ordered on them. They deserved to get betrayed and destroyed. And about the cure? I shudder to think what that bitch will ask from its vassals for it if the empire made the cure. Thankfully Mc is the cure so the empire lost its only usefulness and should be rid of now

Last edited:

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Cure? The empire lives in complete decadence with fancy gadgets they make with the tech they extort from its vassals. The mc's village looks to be set like in a middle ages. A imperial guard gets to live in a fancy penthouse and mc despite being a provincial leader's son gets to live in a shitty wooden house. After all that the doctor had the gall to make fun of mc's education lmao. Even after staying loyal they get assassinations ordered on them. They deserved to get betrayed and destroyed. And about the cure? I shudder to think what that bitch will ask from its vassals for it if the empire made the cure. Thankfully Mc is the cure so the empire lost its only usefulness and should be rid of now
I mean its actually a somewhat fitting and cool fantasy potrayal of the roman empire.

And while what you said is true in the avn and for the roman empire in history (their decadance and aloofeness partially being responsible for their downfall), history and hints in the avn we got so far indicate that the alternative option is way worse aka humanity falling back into uneducated babarian times.

Rome went down and instead of having a canalisation, people started to shit in front of their houses again, everything went downhill/uneducated for decades to follow.

Who at this point is supposed to do the research for the cure (even when the mc is the key) without the empire? Look at the states of the provinces like aqua palma, do you think that are able to educate scientists?

Milena actually explains it in the avn, saying wheres tech/money/freedom theres corruption, its for you to decide if its worth it. Why are you so pissed about her makeing fun about his education? Shes merely an employee of the empire like the mc is/was more or less an employee of aqua palma.

Your kinda behaving like the mc isnt a serial killer assassin who kills when he's ordered to, judging everyone else so harshly.

And the government is at least not entirely feudal, theres still a senate which has influence and the emperor/empress has to go along with them to some degree which is way better than most "Goverments" (dictators) in these kind of apocalyptic (or uneducated) settings.

I mean im not talking about morality, the empress, the ferrymen, cerberus, the northman, the senate, our mcs brother are all assholes.

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
Thankfully Mc is the cure so the empire lost its only usefulness and should be rid of now
he's not the cure, just part of it. A second mutant is needed to cure everyone via passive immunization, and the empire are still the best suited to find this cure because they have tech and knowledge.
The second mutant also needs to be found,Milena talk about subject Y (mc) and another one , and a war wont help with that, but will surely bring humanity closer to extinction... ( even if Faustina and the empire are as bad as you want to paint them, it's still possible to do something about that after the cure is created and the future of humanity secured.)

SASHAKAMEN

Aug 9, 2019
off topic question for native English speakers.I find myself hard to understand this vn,i study english still but i understand 80-90% of games,movies,podcasts ets.So is it me or game translation is bad ?

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
I mean its actually a somewhat fitting and cool fantasy potrayal of the roman empire.

And while what you said is true in the avn and for the roman empire in history (their decadance and aloofeness partially being responsible for their downfall), history and hints in the avn we got so far indicate that the alternative option is way worse aka humanity falling back into uneducated babarian times.

Rome went down and instead of having a canalisation, people started to shit in front of their houses again, everything went downhill/uneducated for decades to follow.

Who at this point is supposed to do the research for the cure (even when the mc is the key) without the empire? Look at the states of the provinces like aqua palma, do you think that are able to educate scientists?

Milena actually explains it in the avn, saying wheres tech/money/freedom theres corruption, its for you to decide if its worth it. Why are you so pissed about her makeing fun about his education? Shes merely an employee of the empire like the mc is/was more or less an employee of aqua palma.

Your kinda behaving like the mc isnt a serial killer assassin who kills when he's ordered to, judging everyone else so harshly.

And the government is at least not entirely feudal, theres still a senate which has influence and the emperor/empress has to go along with them to some degree which is way better than most "Goverments" (dictators) in these kind of apocalyptic (or uneducated) settings.

I mean im not talking about morality, the empress, the ferrymen, cerberus, the northman, the senate, our mcs brother are all assholes.
If the empire actually shared their knowledge they got from the tech(extorted from its vassals) they would be able to educate scientists. They are all assholes but the empire is the biggest one.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
he's not the cure, just part of it. A second mutant is needed to cure everyone via passive immunization, and the empire are still the best suited to find this cure because they have tech and knowledge.
The second mutant also needs to be found,Milena talk about subject Y (mc) and another one , and a war wont help with that, but will surely bring humanity closer to extinction... ( even if Faustina and the empire are as bad as you want to paint them, it's still possible to do something about that after the cure is created and the future of humanity secured.)
I don't trust the cure in the hands of the empire

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
WELL this one was a shocker, excellent writing, solid lore and characters, diverse LI body types, and most shocking... several hours of content on a .3 version.
Might just have to back this one

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
We are all here spinning our own representations of what is talked about and shown in this game.
We also have a direct slimmed down plot laid out right here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
off topic question for native English speakers.I find myself hard to understand this vn,i study english still but i understand 80-90% of games,movies,podcasts ets.So is it me or game translation is bad ?
What bits and pieces were so - out of place for you, that you felt like missing the point?

kibaris

Mar 17, 2019
I don't trust the cure in the hands of the empire
except that I'm not saying to leave it to them, but to let them create it and AFTER that doing something about them if their realy that bad, otherwise ok their free but humanity will be excinct soon after... ^^ ( and mc is infiltrated anyway so he can still wait,gain more trust to hit more effectively later.

They're all assholes but not sure i would prefer Cicero or Cerberus and is barbarian hord to replace Faustina, they are cuning and manipulative who just want power for themselves (provoking war now is just stupid) when Faustina, if she probably is too to some degree, are just more pragmatic and wanted to avoid useless fight and a lot of dead in a futur conflict. (that's why she want mc dead, better one dead now than thousands later with a rebellion)
also she's still try to find a cure to this mess and want to be honest about some things whit us at least and she isnt directly using mc like Cerberus with Dante or Cicero with Enzo.
Not everything is perfect of course, far from it but for now she seems like the lesser evil to me, and if not it will be easy for mc to do something about it later once he have gained her trust.

Last edited:

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
except that I'm not saying to leave it to them, but to let them create it and AFTER that doing something about them if their realy that bad, otherwise ok their free but humanity will be excinct soon after... ^^ ( and mc is infiltrated anyway so he can still wait,gain more trust to hit more effectively later.

They're all assholes but not sure i would prefer Cicero or Cerberus and is barbarian hord to replace Faustina, they are cuning and manipulative who just want power for themselves (provoking war now is just stupid) when Faustina, if she probably is too to some degree, are just more pragmatic and wanted to avoid useless fight and a lot of dead in a futur conflict. (that's why she want mc dead, better one dead now than thousands later with a rebellion)
also she's still try to find a cure to this mess and want to be honest about some things whit us at least and she isnt directly using mc like Cerberus with Dante or Cicero with Enzo.
Not everything is perfect of course, far from it but for now she seems like the lesser evil to me, and if not it will be easy for mc to do something about it later once he have gained her trust.
So you are saying we brutus her

SASHAKAMEN

Aug 9, 2019
We are all here spinning our own representations of what is talked about and shown in this game.
We also have a direct slimmed down plot laid out right here:

What bits and pieces were so - out of place for you, that you felt like missing the point?
Its whole text structure and vocabulary is kinda weird

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
That is just the premise of this game: MC is not a schooled individual, not like going to school or going to the tribe old lady who tells the stories and all the kids grow up spinning the tribe stories until they are all grown up and start to understand all that stuff.
We do know MC has the exact same upbringing as the son of the Princeps, being bred to be with the family and guard the family, but nothing speciffic about how precisely him and the prince got to learn how to speak, how to read, their skills, we have nothing really for us to understand what is it that they did until being 27 and getting antsy about the same old Princeps and his well travelled ways and means of ruling their world.

They speak harshly and quite devoid of color, certainly not very narrative like, because MC is a killer, assassin of the creed to follow any and all orders of his Princeps. We know MC and the prince and some others we never get to know use weekends to go fish and drink their lives away - so pure machismo manly weekend gettaways - but we are yet to see any woman decorate their lives - so of course their conversations are rather blunt. Seeing as MC is in the fringes, remember the talks about the northerners and the Empire talking about them like barbarians - that is how MC is, a skilled viking assassin, but still the assassin, not the noble prince that talks like a chatter box. We have a clear divide between the Loki like princes who talk with no bite and the adopted skilled assassins who use their ccraft and their deeds to do the talking more than their tongues ...
Its whole text structure and vocabulary is kinda weird
The way NighOwl tells it - MC could just be another pod baby, awaken when the Princeps found some volt or another.
We could be overthinking this even more and make the assumtion Princeps got MC and his son as a present from the Empire when they struck the peace treaty - they have authonomy but the empire holds precedence and they are not warring still.
This is because we only ever hear about the dad of MC or his mom from the Princeps - nobody else ever tells of ever knowing them, not to mention nobody ever talked about how his won son manifested or about his wife or the mother of his son.
It could be that Dad brought MC back home after one of his warring missions - or MC dad spared the mom of MC and wed her and they had a baby, or he took her slave home, made her his woman and they made love to procreate MC - like Stavros is outright telling MC to do to find a girl for himself - His girl still finds her way into his chamber and they play games together.
These are missing pieces that are logically missing from action oriented games that do not have narration over beautifully rendered cut scenes that tell the story ahead of us actually seeing the characters on the screen and reading their dialogues.

4.70 star(s) 66 Votes