VN - Ren'Py - New Antioch [R0.5] [TheRedMyst]

1. 4.00 star(s)

RadioSW

Love the dystopian setting. Excellent model and renders. The writing is pretty good. The italics for character's action is a bit off, especially if followed by speech.
    Overall good production and can't wait for new updates
  2. 5.00 star(s)

tap2000

Beautifully written, well paced, compeling narritive with awesome characthers and lore! New Antioch is 1 more example in a ever expanding list of trully remarkable adult games that keep pushing this genre forward and showcasing how much potential it trully has.

A absolute must play!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Xan_Vados

Wow! I did not expect AVN to be this polished and focused on story. I mean, there are some games that are finished, some top-tier, and others abandoned. And sure, they're great, but none come close to this in terms of worldbuilding, complex plot, and an exceptional MC all combined in one. The quality of the cast is amazing too, with both male and female characters well-represented, not just there to fill the adult aspect but to genuinely serve the story.

The UI is simple and doesn't overwhelm with information, and the choices really matter, which is rare and difficult to pull off in games like this. My only small complaint is about the music—it’s brilliant where it’s used, but I wish it was everywhere. It keeps the immersion strong. When the game goes silent, I get distracted by outside sounds. Even sound effects would help in those moments, and since you've already done a great job with the sound, more of it would really elevate the experience.

Also, I loved the personality and backstory of the first heir—she’s my favorite. If you ever decide to make her the main heroine, that would be brilliant! Though the Seer comes in a close second—her character is very unique and original according to me.

What I really appreciate is that, while this game does cater to male fantasy, the female characters can hold their own without needing a male counterpart, and also the other male characters have their own place in the game and not just fodders, which is rare and awesome to see. All in all, this has become one of my favorite games, and I’m sure many others will feel the same if it gets more exposure!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

R8d_X

Simple rating system, - 1 star for each of the 5 categories: Story/Character development/Originality/Render quality/Immersion.

Version .5
    Story: The story has depth and it's well written. It feels fluid and it's easy to follow along. There's movement in the story as well; multiple cities, villages, exploration... etc. Considering this game is only about a year and a half old there's a lot of content, the dev is doing a hell of a lot of work on it. (y)

Character Development: Good development and a wide variety of characters, with just the right amount of antagonists/villians. (y)

Originality: It's a post-apocalyptic setting, which isn't novel but the story gives the setting a unique appeal. The clothing and weaponry ranged from middle ages to modern, which is a nice twist. Everything considered... it felt original. (y)

Render Quality: The quality was very good and plentiful. Good camera angles and depth of field variety, and I didn't see any grainy images. Images changed often while following the dialogue. (y)

Immersion: I felt engaged from start to finish of the current version. Not once did I feel like the dialogue was nonsensical or meandering aimlessly, it stayed on point. Each of the main characters had enough content and depth to be relevant as well. (y)

If I had the option I'd rate this at 4.5, but since half points aren't available then I'm happy to round up to 5. Even if I have some minor issues with the game the developer has done a tremendous job and deserves support for all the hard work.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

dunrms

Very story focused, which may be a turn off for some, but the story is engaging and leaves you wanting to know more about the characters and the overall lore of the world. However, the sex scenes are a bit lacking in that they're repetitive motions, and not super long either.

But still, a definite gem, 4.5/5 story and this is seemingly the first game the creator has made. I can only imagine the scenes that are lacking now, will only get better as the game progresses and the developer gets more experience.

Honestly, I'd rather they continue to focus on the worldbuilding than focus on the sex scenes at the cost of the storyline.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

dontooba

I'm not one for giving many ratings but i think that may have to change. This game blew me away. Definitely one of the best, from the character models to the slow burn storyline I fell in love with Antioch. Looking forward to the next update!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Filipis

New Antioch [0.4] is a great game, and a polished gem in the "story-telling first, lewdness second" genre of AVNs. And while there are some hiccups, the juice most certainly worth the squeeze.

One thing I wish could change is, MC is too emotionally disconnected from the women in this game. While this is certainy a "male power fantasy" where the MC is going to get all the girls, the MC right now just sorta goes through the motions of interacting with women. He is charming, but there is no singular LI in this game that you can have as your "main" LI that the MC becomes more emotionally attached to. Maybe it's just too early for that, or maybe that will never happen - which would be a shame.

Because everything else about this game is great; the sounds, the scenes, backgrounds, political intrigue, mystery about the world, and whatnot...
  8. 5.00 star(s)

kele99

PERSONALLY i think the game is solid great build up , characters with depth, while renders could be better ( I think they fit well into the game ) the story is perfect so far but i think it's the pace in future updates that may break it for me cause some devs tend to rush the story and stray from their path to include some bullshit at the end (The darling in the franxx effect)
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Vaassaa

4 stars because the dev doesn't seem to realize how to insert the sex scenes yet and the actual teasing is a bit sub-par. Also the fighting/persuading minigames, they could be the whole game if the dev focuses on them.

It's early and could swing either way, either a solid 3/5 game for the great atmosphere/story with sub-par erotica and a bit kinetic due to lack of those minigames, or a 5/5 if it gets spicier and those fighting/persuading minigames keep happening.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

emirRR3V

The visuals are stunning, the story is great - I really enjoyed it. .The story premise is pretty engaging . Sex scenes are quite hot Can't believe I only found this now, came for the sex, stayed for the story .
    quality of the renders
    It is surprising how this is not more famous
    Wish best luck to dev
  11. 5.00 star(s)

bonesjones12

I don't usually review games, but this game is amazing .

Characters are well written and have their own personaltities.

Graphics are good and become even better as the game progresses.

Story is engaging and pulls you in as it progresses.

10/10 game for me, can't wait for the next update.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Boweniscool

4.5/5 I really enjoyed this one, and the only reason for not giving it all 5 stars is that it is not a completed project. Played (R0.4 Public) and on mobile
    I sometime avoid more of the Fantasy settings since they can take a bit much to fully get into but this was not the case! The Setting was explained, and carried, simply enough for me just to happily go along with it

+Enjoyed the setting
    +Enjoyed the Story, some nice build up with what is here and what is coming up
    +Like how all the characters look. Think that's been done well
    +Character personalities were very nicely distinguished
    +Liked how the choices available let me play the Character

-Font was a bit small and/or "skinny" while playing on mobile. Made it hard to read when against certain backgrounds. Just a thicker font would fix that
    -Lack of Choices for how the H-Events would play out. Now I know this is in no way a requirement but it did make me feel a bit taken out of the story, where as Story and Character Choices really made me feel like I was (at least) Driving the MC
    -Simply just the Story and Game is'nt done yet! lol!

4.5/5 I really enjoyed this one!
    I will definitely be checking in on progress every now and then
  13. 5.00 star(s)

RandomHornyDude

Great game, kind of surprised it isn't more popular already.

It's a mix of fantasy/sci-fi dystopia and is very interesting. Very well-done story and plot, and the characters are compelling. The author also manages to get some good humour in there, though subtle it may be.

The renders and the girls look amazing, and I really love the way the sex scenes are built up, major positive point there.

There is really only one somewhat big critique I have, and it is the animations in the sex scenes. They are janky at times, and it's jarring. I would say because of this, the game is a 9/10, but that still rounds up to a 5 and imo, the game deserves it. I'm really looking forward to the next updates!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

benzene_phi73

It is surprising how this is not more famous. This is one of the few top tier games in terms of story, with Eternum and Pale Carnations. The writing is excellent. To me who loves power fantasies, this feels so good to play. A hidden gem, if you like well written characters, fantasy and male dom.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

thatoneguy543w745387

Very Rarely do i play through the whole VN in one sitting, but this game had me hooked instantly, and remained engaging right up until the end of the update. I NeEEd MOAR!!!

Its pretty much an instant favorite, and criminally underrated for how fucking good it is.

The Art:
    The character models are fantastic and sexy (including the MC), the characters are unique looking, and the scenes are even fappable. The dev does a great job of making different ethnicities and making them sexy - there are sexy white, african, asian, and middle-eastern? girls for everyone to love.

The Story & Writing Quality:
    The story is incredibly interesting and well written - easily one of the top 10 of games on here in terms of writing quality. The plot is interesting and paced perfectly. The characters are well written and feel completely distinct from one another - each of them have their own motivations, mannerisms, flaws and traits. The worldbuilding is fantastic, and made me want to dive into the lore of new antioch and their world.

Subtle Things:
    The music and audio is fucking excellent and completely fits each scene. The audio and sound effects draw you into the story and make it feel more real. The scene direction is fantastic, each scene carefully crafted and positioned for a specific effect or emotion.

Choices:
    This doesnt appear to be your typical VN with fake choices - the decisions you make seem to have a significant impact on your playthrough.

Honestly, if this game was on Steam, i would buy it in a second.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

NimLiyo

I love this game, the concept is amazing, characters are well versed and have depth, even the side characters and secondary characters like Sextus. And love to read the codex they contain so much information and shows how society and experiences turned people into who they are now and shows how the personalities of characters were molded by the society.
    the only minor issue i got is how the MC handled foster fathers death and how he reacted when he get to know Faustina didn't order for the assassination of Patrius, he was nonchalant about it even though the main objective of MC coming to new Antioch is to take revenge.

Other than that minor point the game is excellent, the story is amazing wish u luck on the future progression and looking forward to the updates ❤
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Hana|GOAT

A very promising game,

The story and character design is good.

The humor is subtle yet engaging.

The only minus being that the animations are kind of rough.

Still, I'm excited to see where this goes!
  18. 5.00 star(s)

ta123

Post apocalypse medieval style and a little bit of sci-fi element. Really give you the itch. Although lack in some writing/dialogue for me but love the story so far. I really hope either it will get nice political drama and many harem like the kings or more sci-fi lore and action like desert stalker
  19. 5.00 star(s)

dddrafters2005

This visual novel is a standout. Amazing worldbuilding and pretty interesting characters. The setting feels incredibly detailed and it feels like there's already some pretty interesting branching choices you could make for the Dreadwolf. Definitely worth checking out!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

avent0001

Great story! Great characters: LI and MC! The game is a bit to harem to me and the MC is an expert DOM somehow. But this is me nitpicking. Everything is so good im just trying to find flaws! Go play it!