3.90 star(s) 29 Votes

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
I now recall trying this game earlier and not liking the way it was written. Every guy in it seems to be an asshole, there is a ton of spelling and context issues plus nonsensical plot lines like this...

View attachment 3331791

...that would not be a good legal defense for her husband, it would be the direct opposite. It would just add more ammo to use against him in any divorce proceedings. If you want to find some reason for her to worry, make it believable like an ironclad prenuptial agreement or something stating that she would get nothing in a divorce.

Sorry, that's just like my opinion man. Feel free to ignore it, as I am sure many would disagree with me.
So I respect your opinion first of all , one this is a little more explored but during the trial these "papers" signed by mia are exactly what you're defining , john wanted her to sign what you're saying above so she doesn't get property but gets to stay with kiara during her memory recovery phase. ( which was a lie as he never wanted that)

In our break / revamp phase we are doing proofreading and more renders for the intro to break it down further.

Two , the thing about voluntary intoxication and involuntary as per law is this -

If it was voluntary then yes he would be charged for rape / sexual assault and will go proper trial.

If involuntary he has the defense to claim two clauses

One is the node itself that they were not in the sound state of mind when the event occured and hence cannot be proven with malintent to rape.

Two is claiming insanity or creating fake alibis as well , which is what john would've done if the first didn't work.

That is hence why him being at the club was removed altogether , yes there are tip toe ways around it legally but if you were to go book by book then even with anything going on the trial would be in favor of mia.

Much like how in better call saul just because jimmy convinces the jury chuck has intent it doesn't mean he wouldn't get disbarred for violating rule 7 conduct.

To move forward the plot some inconsistency is needed , It's alot like why did ciri go to kaer morhen when they could've gone to the witch temple and fought the wild hunt there and vesemir wouldn't die , Yes.. she could.. but then there would be no game.

I hope you understand now , in revamp we'll try to exposition it a bit more at the start instead of at the trial but you have to have some sense of disbelief.

With that said I am okay with your claim and i hope you still enjoy the overall story regardless.

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
That point was repeatedly brought up that the dad being drunk isn't a defense and would show he is unfit to be around the mc especially if her tried to molest someone else. The dev didn't want to believe that being drunk isn't a good defense for crimes especially if someone is hurt in the US. Now you may find a few outliers where the judge acts like a dumb ass and give them a light punishment but they tend to be few. The biggest threat is finding a judge who he can't buy.
Goku this is not me trying to push my opinion here , involuntary toxication without intent can literally absolve you from terror and murder charges.

Criminal law of Ny state and my own country ( india ) states it in their respective sections.

Again if we were to still go book by book mia would always get the custody regardless of the cheating/ adultery allegations and you have to remember that this was not a jury trial but a single judge trial , a jury trial most likely would've stood up with mia.

Lastly , have some sense of disbelief like i sad earlier because then i can end the game with "mia won the case anyway and everyone lived happily ever after"

I mean i can add that alternate ending if you want but I'm quite sure you're here for the overall story not the legal aspect of it.

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
really look forward for Kiara to get depraved but it looks like it will be awhile. However already noticed a character that might be thinking of backstabbing either Mia or Kiara for John. She might feel bad, but Agreeing to anything John says is not good for Mia or Kiara.Believing anything John says is also stupid. Anyway I guess other characters will be corrupted before Kiara. Drat. ;) I want to see a depraved Kiara. Cool story though.
Back stabbing mia or kiara? Hmm.. I wonder who that might be , definitely there are hints of who is going to backstab john tho.

But hey glad you played it , and yes depraved kiara will last till chapter 3.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Back stabbing mia or kiara? Hmm.. I wonder who that might be , definitely there are hints of who is going to backstab john tho.

But hey glad you played it , and yes depraved kiara will last till chapter 3.
So Chapter 3 Kiara will be able to get depraved,awesome. As of now it is a lot of Romance and not depravity. The Cosplay is nice. In regards to who is the traitor I believe it is V who will betray Mia and Kiara, she may feel a little guilty....but sorry just a little, over all it will hurt Eve too. V will try to keep her deal with John secret. V even got a selfie with John. One word. "Blackmail". John wants to break V. Again though I like to see Kiara get uber corrupt. I mean I want to see all of the girls get corrupt,but it is what it is.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Goku this is not me trying to push my opinion here , involuntary toxication without intent can literally absolve you from terror and murder charges.

Criminal law of Ny state and my own country ( india ) states it in their respective sections.

Again if we were to still go book by book mia would always get the custody regardless of the cheating/ adultery allegations and you have to remember that this was not a jury trial but a single judge trial , a jury trial most likely would've stood up with mia.

Lastly , have some sense of disbelief like i sad earlier because then i can end the game with "mia won the case anyway and everyone lived happily ever after"

I mean i can add that alternate ending if you want but I'm quite sure you're here for the overall story not the legal aspect of it.
The dad could argue that he could provide better care for his daughter due to his resources so Mia automatically winning custody isn't guaranteed. If someone kills someone due to drinking and driving they'll still go to jail. The difference would be being charged with murder vs manslaughter. If this is a judge case I think the stronger way to handle the tension would be on the struggle to find a judge that can't be bought by the dad. Like instead of trying to destroy the tape the they could be looking for ways to get a compromised judge to recuse themselve.

I really like the game it's just aspects of the first chapter that nags at me.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
The dad could argue that he could provide better care for his daughter due to his resources so Mia automatically winning custody isn't guaranteed. If someone kills someone due to drinking and driving they'll still go to jail. The difference would be being charged with murder vs manslaughter. If this is a judge case I think the stronger way to handle the tension would be on the struggle to find a judge that can't be bought by the dad. Like instead of trying to destroy the tape the they could be looking for ways to get a compromised judge to recuse themselve.

I really like the game it's just aspects of the first chapter that nags at me.
Drunk and drive is different clause , you might want to read up on this case here.

and okhlahama sections as well..

Intent matters more in the criminal charges here , if you know you're toxicated and yet go for driving that is your intent to do so because you are aware of the risk despite being not in the state of mind or capacity to commit it.

Also yes that is why the line by jennifer is theere , this judge can't be bought as he has before .

Criminal law has varying clauses for intoxication as a defense , sexual assault is very different than literally shooting someone with a gun.

John could've just faked his alibi as well by saying i stayed late , john could've also just simply claimed mia mixed up some drinks for him to make him that way and then if they did the dna test the alcohol would show positive.

Don't fret too much about it still tho , veronica will end up fine as long as you don't give in to john's demands.

And gonna be honest man , if our legal system actually worked properly half the billionaires would be in jail lol ( this applies to my country as well )

Reactions: GokutheG

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
So Chapter 3 Kiara will be able to get depraved,awesome. As of now it is a lot of Romance and not depravity. The Cosplay is nice. In regards to who is the traitor I believe it is V who will betray Mia and Kiara, she may feel a little guilty....but sorry just a little, over all it will hurt Eve too. V will try to keep her deal with John secret. V even got a selfie with John. One word. "Blackmail". John wants to break V. Again though I like to see Kiara get uber corrupt. I mean I want to see all of the girls get corrupt,but it is what it is.
Idk about betray but break part you're mostly right about , since she is that proud woman who stands for herself and has found her partner so taking that away is what john wants.

Again good and bad endings exist , kiara if corrupted by that point wouldn't even care about all of this then.

Madarahyuuga

Feb 6, 2020
Here for me the only update that had was a photo session with the guy right after I refused to let the nobi tell me a story that would reduce corruption. is this correct? Because like, I didn't play the last update because of a bug and now there's just this update scene

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Drunk and drive is different clause , you might want to read up on this case here.

and okhlahama sections as well..

Intent matters more in the criminal charges here , if you know you're toxicated and yet go for driving that is your intent to do so because you are aware of the risk despite being not in the state of mind or capacity to commit it.

Also yes that is why the line by jennifer is theere , this judge can't be bought as he has before .

Criminal law has varying clauses for intoxication as a defense , sexual assault is very different than literally shooting someone with a gun.

John could've just faked his alibi as well by saying i stayed late , john could've also just simply claimed mia mixed up some drinks for him to make him that way and then if they did the dna test the alcohol would show positive.

Don't fret too much about it still tho , veronica will end up fine as long as you don't give in to john's demands.

And gonna be honest man , if our legal system actually worked properly half the billionaires would be in jail lol ( this applies to my country as well )
That's Australia which is different from American law. Prosecution may know that you didn't try to kill someone but you purposely got drunk and someone got hurt so you must pay. Now being drunk my mitigate the severity of the punishment but you should still get punished.

Glad to hear that the dad won't automatically hurt Veronica. And yeah he's a rich bastard who buys his way out of anything.

Reactions: EndlessNights

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Idk about betray but break part you're mostly right about , since she is that proud woman who stands for herself and has found her partner so taking that away is what john wants.

Again good and bad endings exist , kiara if corrupted by that point wouldn't even care about all of this then.
To see Kiara so slutified that hell she is willing to see John again and have fun,if you know what I mean. Thus far though, despite a lot of corruption points & some cosplay and romantic advances,Kiara still has her innocent self. I had Kiara go with Olivia and she got a little more revealing clothes and she has fooled around,but nothing drastic

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
That's Australia which is different from American law. Prosecution may know that you didn't try to kill someone but you purposely got drunk and someone got hurt so you must pay. Now being drunk my mitigate the severity of the punishment but you should still get punished.

Glad to hear that the dad won't automatically hurt Veronica. And yeah he's a rich bastard who buys his way out of anything.
Which you will , like i said earlier jury or judge trial is different now this is where mia comes in as playable.

be sure to make the right decisions with her during an segment that will happen in chapter 3 and you will get jury trial to stand with them ultimately. This is a bit spoiler territory but yeah , we have variables for everything in the game for story to end on good notes or bad notes.

SexyShelly

Jul 22, 2023
you remind me , in my play through from the start to have Mia/Naomi relation , the scene of Ada and john in his office is missing and just suddenly Ada appear behind kiara in the bus :unsure:, I no it is NOT important but I want to be sure nothing else is missing , thanks. :whistle:
You mean this part where she tells him to fuck off?

Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Shikharisfree

Game Developer
Feb 2, 2022
you remind me , in my play through from the start to have Mia/Naomi relation , the scene of Ada and john in his office is missing and just suddenly Ada appear behind kiara in the bus :unsure:, I no it is NOT important but I want to be sure nothing else is missing , thanks. :whistle:
We're redoing that scene in revamp , found a much better office for john since it was his home office wanted to make sure it looks like one of a billionaire

3.90 star(s) 29 Votes