Mod Ren'Py New Coral City [1.55] Gallery Mod v1.002[GB]

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Double-check when you get time, you missed some. Very first one in script "Meadow" her dom is carried over, it's variable is "meadowdom". This is just one example. Check all the girls' doms and anals variables for starts. I know it's exhaustive work, I'm in the same boat w/ my coding too, lol. Regards.
The latest release will not let you see the gallery unless you exit out of your current play thru and save. You will not be able to start the play thru again until you load it so hopefully this will not be an issue any longer.

Reactions: Sancho1969

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Okay, latest release is up with 1.55 content. I just tested it on a clean and existing install of 1.55 and it works great!

Please let me know if you see any issues.

Next Steps:
1. Work on any bugs/user feedback
2. Cleanup code
3. Continue adding images from photoshoots

Last edited:
Reactions: mrpopo

A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
After you unzip the game, you open the folder to get to the .exe file. Just drop the "game" folder in the MOD into this folder.
did u make any changes to the script as well? coz in the afterparty scene with Michelle, when u r more passionate with her..she says she loves u, to which the MC replies "me too"(kind of awkward??), but in the gallery replay of the same scene..MC replies "I love u too"...so did u fix it or does it have anything to do with how we play the game?

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
did u make any changes to the script as well? coz in the afterparty scene with Michelle, when u r more passionate with her..she says she loves u, to which the MC replies "me too"(kind of awkward??), but in the gallery replay of the same scene..MC replies "I love u too"...so did u fix it or does it have anything to do with how we play the game?
Wow! Amazing catch!

Yes. I changed it. I thought the "me too" was just a lame cop-out so you go all in or you don't IMO. It was more for me than anything so maybe I should go back and change it. But it does not change the original. If you go back and play it through, it will still say "me too"; only the MOD say "I love you too"

TBH I never thought anyone would notice. :)

Ooops

Reactions: A.aron

A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
Wow! Amazing catch!

Yes. I changed it. I thought the "me too" was just a lame cop-out so you go all in or you don't IMO. It was more for me than anything so maybe I should go back and change it. But it does not change the original. If you go back and play it through, it will still say "me too"; only the MOD say "I love you too"

TBH I never thought anyone would notice. :)

Ooops
Glad u did it..that one little change actually makes the scene a lot better(for me at least)...and pls don't change it back..let it be that way...don't know why it wasn't like that in the first place..or maybe the dev could have given us an option if they didn't want the player base to feel forced to do/say something.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelyDan14

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Geekbone I've a proposal for ya so our mods don't step on each other. Because the dev used the old "init 999" card when making his modified screens, etc (the reason you had to mod his "Z Custom Screen" file directly) making writing new scripts that tweak/mod those items obsolete (you have to mod the game's OEM scripts due to this init numbering call).

My mod will also have to modify these OEM scripts as well because of it, but we have a solution. What if you and I provide the OEM scripts (such as "Z Custom Screen" for example, unmodified except dropping the init down a digit or two, then we can write our own script files with a higher init so as not having to mod the original files further, and our mods will be compatible for those folks who might want to install both.

Example: "Z Custom Screen", line 14 we can provide via our mods with the following change:
init 998: # init 999:
Then write our scripts to modify as needed in our own mod files with the higher init (999). I'm pretty certain that will make mods compatible without conflicts as we currently have to modify the same OEM file each (no doubt a conflict). My apologies for being long-winded, this was just a thought as I drink my first whiskey of the evening before getting back to coding. Let me know what you think of the idea and we can make a gentleman's agreement of some nature. Regards.

(if you tell me to fuck off, I understand and won't get my feelings hurt, I promise) :)

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Geekbone I've a proposal for ya so our mods don't step on each other. Because the dev used the old "init 999" card when making his modified screens, etc (the reason you had to mod his "Z Custom Screen" file directly) making writing new scripts that tweak/mod those items obsolete (you have to mod the game's OEM scripts due to this init numbering call).

My mod will also have to modify these OEM scripts as well because of it, but we have a solution. What if you and I provide the OEM scripts (such as "Z Custom Screen" for example, unmodified except dropping the init down a digit or two, then we can write our own script files with a higher init so as not having to mod the original files further, and our mods will be compatible for those folks who might want to install both.

Example: "Z Custom Screen", line 14 we can provide via our mods with the following change:
init 998: # init 999:
Then write our scripts to modify as needed in our own mod files with the higher init (999). I'm pretty certain that will make mods compatible without conflicts as we currently have to modify the same OEM file each (no doubt a conflict). My apologies for being long-winded, this was just a thought as I drink my first whiskey of the evening before getting back to coding. Let me know what you think of the idea and we can make a gentleman's agreement of some nature. Regards.

(if you tell me to fuck off, I understand and won't get my feelings hurt, I promise) :)
No worries at all. Glad to partner. Just tell me what you need me to do and I can make the change.

Oh, and fuck off! ;)

You will have to explain the init numbering tho... I had no idea that was how it worked so I want to make sure I understand that piece. I have also been playing with making my own custom screen. It was my understanding the last file would be the one used so I would name mine ZZsomeotherkindofname but using init seems to be the more elegant way.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Long story short (kinda) - because dev used "Init 999" in that "Z Custom Screen" file to make his custom screen, whenever you create your own file with screen script (regardless of filename as filenames mean nothing to Renpy code heirarchy) it won't work...because his modded screen gets initialized last. We can maneuver together around this. Using that OEM file as an example, changing line 14 of the OEM file to "Init 998" or something lower, then in our custom screen file have "Init 999" for example, our custom screen gets initialized (takes priority) over his, making our mod work. We would have to provide the new OEM file with that line change in our mod so the end user has it and everything works.

In this example one would package their mod with whatever files you have/need, plus add the OEM "Z Custom Screen" file with the one line change and all's golden. You can experiment with it to see how it works. Reference the "Init" statement documentation for more info as needed. Your more than welcome to msg me via this site to keep your thread clean if desired or needed, it's no problem. Regards.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Is there an android version of the Gallery Mod available now or yet to be available?
I have not looked into an Android version. I can try and incorporate it into the next release, but I have never ported to Android before so no promises.

Reactions: ncastle1029

ncastle1029

Dec 9, 2018
okay, so I just downloaded NCC Gallery (I've already played the game) and copied the mod into the game folder. But there are some bugs in it.
When I click on Akissa, I get this error
Akissa.png

When I click on Ashley, this happens
Ashley.png

When I click on Belen, this happens
Belen.png

When I click in "After CineComics Party" scene of Michelle's, this error is shown
Michelle.png

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
okay, so I just downloaded NCC Gallery (I've already played the game) and copied the mod into the game folder. But there are some bugs in it.
When I click on Akissa, I get this error
View attachment 1308375

When I click on Ashley, this happens
View attachment 1308372

When I click on Belen, this happens
View attachment 1308373

When I click in "After CineComics Party" scene of Michelle's, this error is shown
View attachment 1308374
I will take a look at these and let you know. All of this has tested fine for me in the past, but it is possible it is a unren situation.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I will take a look at these and let you know. All of this has tested fine for me in the past, but it is possible it is a unren situation.
Well, that was a tad embarrassing... but it's fixed now.

The Michelle scene, however, worked fine on a fresh install of both the mod and the game so let me know if that continues to be an issue.

ncastle1029

Dec 9, 2018

The Michelle scene, however, worked fine on a fresh install of both the mod and the game so let me know if that continues to be an issue.
Nothing to be embarassed about. You've done something that most people didn't think possible, bugs are common and now you've debugged it (y)

I'll check them all, thanks!

ncastle1029

Dec 9, 2018

I hate to do this, but Martina's domination has a bug as well.

Martina.png

And the Michelle bug is still persisting. No idea why, I downloaded everything again but it keeps happening.
Michelle 2.png

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I hate to do this, but Martina's domination has a bug as well.

View attachment 1309940

And the Michelle bug is still persisting. No idea why, I downloaded everything again but it keeps happening.
View attachment 1309941
I updated the MOD so Martina should work again, but for some reason the Michelle party link worked fine for me. There was a path error so I updated it and it continued to work. Try it again and let me know.

Thanks for the feedback on this.

A.aron

Sep 2, 2020
I updated the MOD so Martina should work again, but for some reason the Michelle party link worked fine for me. There was a path error so I updated it and it continued to work. Try it again and let me know.

Thanks for the feedback on this.
I have a question regarding Martina's store scene.. is there actually a scenario where she invites MC in the changing room(like in the replay)..or u can only enter if u are on the domination path?

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
I have a question regarding Martina's store scene.. is there actually a scenario where she invites MC in the changing room(like in the replay)..or u can only enter if u are on the domination path?
I am assuming you have to be on the domination path, but I am not 100 sure. You might want to check one of the walkthroughs to confirm.