• OF - Alpha Rugged

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • OF - Alpha Pretty Boy

Votes: 27 16.2%

• Total voters

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
*** Added Prelim Renders of main female cast. Let me know what you all think***

Wife Red Spot Light Pose.png Wife1Front.png Older Sister Blue Light.png MainOlderFace1.png Young Sister Green Light SPot Rocket.png YoungMainFace1.png Son's GF Yellow Light.png GirlFriendFront.png

Hey all,

Starting development of a new game. I could use the community's help in deciding on the type of person the antagonist will be. Below is a working synopsis.

The year is 2040, and John*Main Character option 1* is a man content. Sure, he never got around to writing that big novel, but hey, he found good pay as an editor at one of the better publishing houses. Dreams change, but one thing that never disappointed was his family. Two daughters who could not be more different, but both to be proud of, an angst ridden son with dreams bigger than his own ever were, and the women of his dreams at his side - the love of his wife and college sweet heart - his doting wife. Add in a small house of their own, some small savings, John felt the future stretching out ahead of him bright.

And then night fell. A bank robbery gone wrong, a stray bullet lodged in his spine, near death, savings drained, career stalled indefinitely, and bed-bound, John's family struggle to get pasted the bad that fell on them, Times are getting harder. His wife now the sole provider, medical debt and treatments to save him threatening their home, an old friend *Main Character Option 2*, more like rival, might just be able to help. But will his help really be what John and his family need? Or does your old 'friend,' have something more sinister in mind? It is up to John to protect his family, find a way to fund his treatments, and win back his bright future. Or, fail trying.

---

Please vote in the poll to let me know what people would most prefer.

John:

As John, you'll be watching and interacting with your family mostly at distance via drones and security cameras within your home or when they come to see you in your room as you heal. You'll need to find a way to make money, take your treatments, and keep an eye on your family to make sure nothing bad befalls them.

Ideally, there will be a Non-NTR and a NTR path for John.

Old Friend:

As John's old friend, more like bully/rival, you'll be seeking to become the king of the castle. John always was a bit of a uptight dick, but he has some hot daughters and a banging wife. His son has a cute girlfriend too. As this character you will be directly interacting with the cast as you corrupt, dominate, or simply control, those around you. You'll have to be careful though, John may be stuck in his room all day, and his wife out most of the time too, but secret cameras and his damn drone may just catch you up to no good.

This path will be all about taking John's family for yourself. No NTR - all Netori

---

Please take a moment to vote in the poll. Which character seems more interesting to you? And, for the Old Friend, what architype would you want to see him as?

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE IN THREAD ABOUT NTR - Just vote what you want, and feel free to give me feedback as well. Would appreciate it. I just don't want to see people argue about their preference.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: acondo

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I would go with John non-NTR . With a big note there: if there is NTR, it should have a way to avoid, or even better, have a way to get revenge on the old friend and ANYONE of the family that betrays you and go with him. I appreciate and love the concept of a rival on a game, but the player should have tools to defeat him or get revenge on him.

As for Old friend, Old friend rugged for me. The others doesn't feel menacing enough.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
I would go with John non-NTR . With a big note there: if there is NTR, it should have a way to avoid, or even better, have a way to get revenge on the old friend and ANYONE of the family that betrays you and go with him. I appreciate and love the concept of a rival on a game, but the player should have tools to defeat him or get revenge on him.

As for Old friend, Old friend rugged for me. The others doesn't feel menacing enough.

Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts. Were I to have a main John non-NTR path, I would certainly want to have no unavoidable NTR. That being said, I would want there to be an actual competition element. Perhaps I would do difficulty levels.

Easy: Absolutely no NTR possibility, pure power fantasy.
Medium: The fight is on. You will lose some fights, but should win the battle
Hard: You will lose many fights. Old Friend has all the advantages. You'll probably lose, but, if you don't, then you can truly call yourself the king.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
Easy: Absolutely no NTR possibility, pure power fantasy.
Medium: The fight is on. You will lose some fights, but should win the battle
Hard: You will lose many fights. Old Friend has all the advantages. You'll probably lose, but, if you don't, then you can truly call yourself the king.
Seems good, might be troublesome if you have to program different content for each difficulty though.

Reactions: kgirlffx

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
I probably wouldn't want to play as John. If he has a non-ntr route, his story is a story of weakness. The presence of his friend is pretty much only for the possibility to cuck him. He has all the markings of an NTR victim.

I would prefer to play the old friend, the protagonist of a netori game, and completely fuck up John.

It depends on what type of game you want to make. But John Non-NTR doesn't sound very appealing for the non-ntr audience imo.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
I probably wouldn't want to play as John. If he has a non-ntr route, his story is a story of weakness. The presence of his friend is pretty much only for the possibility to cuck him. He has all the markings of an NTR victim.

I would prefer to play the old friend, the protagonist of a netori game, and completely fuck up John.

It depends on what type of game you want to make. But John Non-NTR doesn't sound very appealing for the non-ntr audience imo.

I can see that. The intent for a John Non-NTR path would be a rise-to-power style story. A man who grew complacent and lost his dreams due to moderate success, falls to rock bottom, has to fight to keep his family, and all the while gain back his health and build upon his original dream to become better than before.

That story might not be appealing though, as it does very much start as as weak as possible. Hopeless seeming even.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I voted John NTR and OF, they're two sides of the same coin after all. I guess the John side would be a littlle more detached from the stealing process, so which one would be better depends on the style and quality of the corruption arc of John's family.

Reactions: kgirlffx

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
I can see that. The intent for a John Non-NTR path would be a rise-to-power style story. A man who grew complacent and lost his dreams due to moderate success, falls to rock bottom, has to fight to keep his family, and all the while gain back his health and build upon his original dream to become better than before.

That story might not be appealing though, as it does very much start as as weak as possible. Hopeless seeming even.
I'm the type of person who would never play the NTR route of any game.

I'm a sucker for power, weakness turns me off.

So the promise of "completely avoidable NTR" in John's case wouldn't do much for me anyway.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
Seems good, might be troublesome if you have to program different content for each difficulty though.
That's a good point. I want a competitive system in place, but I also am aiming for as low-code as possible. Purely from a development standpoint, I do not think this kind of game should need much, and the more code that goes into the game the harder it will be to keep it clean down the line - not to mention increased dev time.

I'll have to think about a good way to implement a minimal system that offers difficulty variety, and if that is even possible with my level of skill.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
I voted John NTR and OF, they're two sides of the same coin after all. I guess the John side would be a littlle more detached from the stealing process, so which one would be better depends on the style and quality of the corruption arc of John's family.
My end pie in the sky goal would be fully create both a John and a Old Friend route for exactly what you say here. One coin, two sides, and I personally find both appealing.

I'll be starting with just one path though. Finish that route, then move to the next.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Hey all,

Starting development of a new game. I could use the community's help in deciding on the type of person the antagonist will be. Below is a working synopsis.

The year is 2040, and John*Main Character option 1* is a man content. Sure, he never got around to writing that big novel, but hey, he found good pay as an editor at one of the better publishing houses. Dreams change, but one thing that never disappointed was his family. Two daughters who could not be more different, but both to be proud of, an angst ridden son with dreams bigger than his own ever were, and the women of his dreams at his side - the love of his wife and college sweet heart - his doting wife. Add in a small house of their own, some small savings, John felt the future stretching out ahead of him bright.

And then night fell. A bank robbery gone wrong, a stray bullet lodged in his spine, near death, savings drained, career stalled indefinitely, and bed-bound, John's family struggle to get pasted the bad that fell on them, Times are getting harder. His wife now the sole provider, medical debt and treatments to save him threatening their home, an old friend *Main Character Option 2*, more like rival, might just be able to help. But will his help really be what John and his family need? Or does your old 'friend,' have something more sinister in mind? It is up to John to protect his family, find a way to fund his treatments, and win back his bright future. Or, fail trying.

---

Please vote in the poll to let me know what people would most prefer.

John:

As John, you'll be watching and interacting with your family mostly at distance via drones and security cameras within your home or when they come to see you in your room as you heal. You'll need to find a way to make money, take your treatments, and keep an eye on your family to make sure nothing bad befalls them.

Ideally, there will be a Non-NTR and a NTR path for John.

Old Friend:

As John's old friend, more like bully/rival, you'll be seeking to become the king of the castle. John always was a bit of a uptight dick, but he has some hot daughters and a banging wife. His son has a cute girlfriend too. As this character you will be directly interacting with the cast as you corrupt, dominate, or simply control, those around you. You'll have to be careful though, John may be stuck in his room all day, and his wife out most of the time too, but secret cameras and his damn drone may just catch you up to no good.

This path will be all about taking John's family for yourself. No NTR - all Netori

---

Please take a moment to vote in the poll. Which character seems more interesting to you? And, for the Old Friend, what architype would you want to see him as?

PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE IN THREAD ABOUT NTR - Just vote what you want, and feel free to give me feedback as well. Would appreciate it. I just don't want to see people argue about their preference.
A quick look at your post history paints a clear as day picture. Just make the NTR game, its all you comment on anyway. Yes you'll probably make less money, but at least you'll enjoy it.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
I'm the type of person who would never play the NTR route of any game.

I'm a sucker for power, weakness turns me off.

So the promise of "completely avoidable NTR" in John's case wouldn't do much for me anyway.
That is very understandable. I am much the same when playing a non-NTR game. I don't see a pure power character being possible with John. For that reason, I plan to try to do both routes, John and Old Friend, eventually. This poll and discussion is mostly to help me gauge which has more initial interest so I know which to complete first - as I do not think dual-path development for a on-man dev operation is feasible.

I appreciate your thoughts. I could be wrong on John though, so feel free to let me know if there is anything that would make the character more appealing to you.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
A quick look at your post history paints a clear as day picture. Just make the NTR game, its all you comment on anyway. Yes you'll probably make less money, but at least you'll enjoy it.
Funny enough, I actually enjoy domination games just as much. I mostly comment on NTR games because they seem to be more troubled. Some of my favorite games are the older Selecta-Corp games, and if you know what those are, you know they are anything but NTR.

I'm also not planning on taking money for this for quite sometime, if ever.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
Good luck Dev , I really would prefer story where our choices can effect the game we can shape john the way we want he can be the ultimate cuck, or sub cuck, normal guy or alpha John, we fight for people we love we can win them over , lose them and even trying to get them back after that so yeh mix of ntr and non will be gem

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Since your idea is basically an NTR set up, just do a full NTR game with different NTR routes.
  • Mystery NTR where MC doesn't find out about it until very late in the game. Wife and daughters slowly get corrupted without his knowledge and they lie to him etc. Eventually, he finds out but they are already fallen.
  • Unwilling NTR where he finds out early about the NTR and feels really bad the whole time. Tries to stop it but can't because he is bedridden. Depressed boners are ok, but he shouldn't outright enjoy it.
  • Willing cuckold. He finds out early and develops netorase and voyeur fetish.
You could add the vanilla route where he stops the NTR and wins back his house, but the audience for this is a lot smaller than the NTR fans. I'm saying that considering only the people that will actually play the game. True vanilla fans won't play it in the first place.

The netori idea where you play the antagonist is cool too. Netori is pretty rare. You could write John as an unsympathetic NPC. Then, you could make 2 routes for the netori story. One where the MC is an evil asshole out to wreck the house and make the girls his sex slaves, and one where he is a savior type that liberates the women from an asshole husband with more of a seduction/romance vibe.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
Good luck Dev , I really would prefer story where our choices can effect the game we can shape john the way we want he can be the ultimate cuck, or sub cuck, normal guy or alpha John, we fight for people we love we can win them over , lose them and even trying to get them back after that so yeh mix of ntr and non will be gem

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. The end goal is certainly to have all routes. I think that makes for the most satisfying game. What I am mostly trying to decide is what route to do first and focus on. I am thinking it would be better to focus on and complete routes one at a time to put out a complete story as quickly as possible.

• Angry
Reactions: acondo

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
Since your idea is basically an NTR set up, just do a full NTR game with different NTR routes.
  • Mystery NTR where MC doesn't find out about it until very late in the game. Wife and daughters slowly get corrupted without his knowledge and they lie to him etc. Eventually, he finds out but they are already fallen.
  • Unwilling NTR where he finds out early about the NTR and feels really bad the whole time. Tries to stop it but can't because he is bedridden. Depressed boners are ok, but he shouldn't outright enjoy it.
  • Willing cuckold. He finds out early and develops netorase and voyeur fetish.
You could add the vanilla route where he stops the NTR and wins back his house, but the audience for this is a lot smaller than the NTR fans. I'm saying that considering only the people that will actually play the game. True vanilla fans won't play it in the first place.

The netori idea where you play the antagonist is cool too. Netori is pretty rare. You could write John as an unsympathetic NPC. Then, you could make 2 routes for the netori story. One where the MC is an evil asshole out to wreck the house and make the girls his sex slaves, and one where he is a savior type that liberates the women from an asshole husband with more of a seduction/romance vibe.
You make a good point that most vanilla people would simply avoid this game anyway. Some won't, but by far and large I am getting vibes that many would have a problem even if NTR was 100% avoidable, the simple existence of alternate routes with it and an adversarial character would turn them off.

I wonder how the mystery route would play out if told from John's PoV. That sounds like very interesting angle, but I'm not sure how it would play if most of the good scenes are ones the character does not even see.

Could be fun to play around with a more subtle story like that though.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You make a good point that most vanilla people would simply avoid this game anyway. Some won't, but by far and large I am getting vibes that many would have a problem even if NTR was 100% avoidable, the simple existence of alternate routes with it and an adversarial character would turn them off.

I wonder how the mystery route would play out if told from John's PoV. That sounds like very interesting angle, but I'm not sure how it would play if most of the good scenes are ones the character does not even see.

Could be fun to play around with a more subtle story like that though.
Hmm, I think I used "Mystery NTR" a bit loosely there. True mystery NTR is, as you say, a forced male MC POV where you only see things from his POV. You mostly play around with tropes like seeing videos but not knowing that it's his wife due to mosaic or disguise, seeing obscured infidelity like behind curtains, or phone calls where she is banging someone but he doesn't know. You build upon the uncertainty and dread where he picks up some clues, but doesn't quite put 2 and 2 together. It's pretty hard to do while still keeping things grounded in reality, but it can be pretty cool when done right.

What I was actually referring to is the more common type where the MC doesn't know about the NTR, but the players can see the scenes. Of course, that means you are showing scenes that are not seen directly from the male protag's eyes. You can still use the techniques from above, but the player still has the satisfaction of seeing the full scene that the MC doesn't know about.

All that was just a complicated way of talking about the "cheating wife" type of NTR where the cuck doesn't know he is being cucked until it's way too late.

Oh my

Dec 25, 2019
It sounds interesting.

I will not vote, as this is not my genre: not intended for me.

If it was my genre (Mother/Son Incest), I would want:
John:
1) Mother non-NTR.
2) For others, it's ogre.

I would want John to be a champion: not a push-over Shota perv manlet.

And I would want my spine to eventually get un-fucked.

Regarding NTR allusions:
NTR path: no closure unless climax.
Non-NTR path: closure.

Providing closure by casting allusions away requires an effort to convince the player through historic knowledge of LIs, through the LIs themselves, or through the world somehow.

If MC is going to get neglected and laughed at by NTR world all day, the tease will clearly be tuned to the NTR crowd solely.

Of the set of people who don't like NTR, only a portion relative to the extent to which the tease bothers them will bleed from the potential demographic.

Oh!
And development time (causing cliffhangers) can be a part of the problem.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
Hmm, I think I used "Mystery NTR" a bit loosely there. True mystery NTR is, as you say, a forced male MC POV where you only see things from his POV. You mostly play around with tropes like seeing videos but not knowing that it's his wife due to mosaic or disguise, seeing obscured infidelity like behind curtains, or phone calls where she is banging someone but he doesn't know. You build upon the uncertainty and dread where he picks up some clues, but doesn't quite put 2 and 2 together. It's pretty hard to do while still keeping things grounded in reality, but it can be pretty cool when done right.

What I was actually referring to is the more common type where the MC doesn't know about the NTR, but the players can see the scenes. Of course, that means you are showing scenes that are not seen directly from the male protag's eyes. You can still use the techniques from above, but the player still has the satisfaction of seeing the full scene that the MC doesn't know about.

All that was just a complicated way of talking about the "cheating wife" type of NTR where the cuck doesn't know he is being cucked until it's way too late.

I get you, I've played those types of games before and enjoyed them. That may be an interesting direction to go that I was not thinking of.

Just brainstorming, but that may work very well with a mechanic I was already planning. To have a stat of the heroines and icons of where they are and who they are with that the player can see. So the NTR path can see something is happening, but not directly unless they install more cameras and such.

Reactions: desmosome