• OF - Alpha Rugged

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • OF - Alpha Pretty Boy

Votes: 27 16.2%

• Total voters

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
I couldn't disagree more.

NTR and harem are both power fantasies and are both on the extreme ends of that power scale.

However reality is that 99.99% of the people are somewhere in the middle.
If you want to have any kind of a somewhat realistic story, you'll also be somewhere in the middle.

Now it may be that you don't care about realism, that's fine, but in my opinion realism makes for a much more interesting story.
Both harem and NTR games are totally boring. Some may be somewhat redeemed by a decent story and/or intesting kinks but even if it's ok for fapping, in the end it's still boring.

What is interesting is a story which people can relate to. With dilemma's that one could face in reality as well. With characters who are deep and believable.

Note however that realism does not mean every woman is a slut who spreads her legs the minute she meets someone (either protagonist or antagonist) nor that every man intends to steal your woman. It may mean that not all women are virgins. It may mean that some women are in a relationship with a man who is not the MC. But look around you, that is how it is.

Finally, if you play FPS games only with an invincibility cheat, how much fun is that? Power fantasy? Sure. But it's lacking any kind of challenge.
Neither genre offers realism, harem or ntr. The closest realism you can find in those games is in the romantic slice-of-life single LI games. But that's not what this thread was about.

And realism doesn't mean that something is better, it's not a parameter of quality.

And if you want to talk about what is the most successful nowadays, I wouldn't also call the top 3 games on Patreon "realistic" (Summertime Saga, Fallen Doll, and NLT Media's games). One of them is alien rape, the others are "run around and fuck a bunch of different women, including monster girls and magic stuff" (harem or harem-ish).

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
But that's not what this thread was about.
The choices were:

Play as John - NTR
Play as John - Non-NTR
Play as Old Friend

The second option is the one I'm talking about and the one I'd choose.

And realism doesn't mean that something is better, it's not a parameter of quality.
Well, that depends on a lot of things. Mainly personal preference and your definitions of "better" and "quality".
I tend to prefer it and I'm not alone in that.
Some people prefer a superhero movie to a psychological drama. :unsure:

And if you want to talk about what is the most successful nowadays, I wouldn't also call the top 3 games on Patreon "realistic" (Summertime Saga, Fallen Doll, and NLT Media's games). One of them is alien rape, the others are "run around and fuck a bunch of different women, including monster girls and magic stuff" (harem or harem-ish).
Yeah, no idea why they are so successful...

TwoSeven13

Sep 24, 2022
If possible, I always like to play as an alpha character who can seduce various women, including ones who are married or in a relationship. Unfortunately, those games are often hard to find. So my vote was alpha pretty boy.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
If possible, I always like to play as an alpha character who can seduce various women, including ones who are married or in a relationship. Unfortunately, those games are often hard to find. So my vote was alpha pretty boy.
:WaitWhat: :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat:

Netori games aren't rare... :KEK:
Who told you that?