New Game From Caribdis - ETERNUM

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Status
Not open for further replies.

cearin

Feb 4, 2021
It hasn't been revealed yet whether any characters are related to MC. But the banner for OiaLT showed both sisters. And the banner for Eternum has 3 characters on it: Dalia, Annie and Nancy. So my theory is that Dalia and Annie are the sisters and Nancy is the mother.

whenwolf

Jul 11, 2021
Yes! I just got confirmation from the developer that you get to fuck your great grandmother in the game (bring lube because it's going to be dry and dusty)!
you jest but there's probably a gilf there who has a sexy ingame avatar. you never know

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
will this game have incest?
We don't know yet is the simple answer. All of the preview content for this game so far has come from Patreon. Incest is banned on Patreon, hence there is no confirmed incest yet. But given the dev's previous game I think it's more likely than not that some of the girls in this game are related to MC and the dev just hasn't said that yet because he doesn't want Patreon to ban him.

Reactions: Master Duck79

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure I read on the discord that there's no incest
While I'm disapointed, it was pretty obvious that it wouldn't fit the game genre. Maybe Dalia could work, but even her maybe would force the story too much.

As I keep saying, while I love incest in games (the more the better), being family members for the sake of being family members isn't a good thing. It needs to have a proper balance, other it ruin both story and personality of that character.

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
While I'm disapointed, it was pretty obvious that it wouldn't fit the game genre. Maybe Dalia could work, but even her maybe would force the story too much
I disagree here, actually virtual reality is a very good match with incest in my opinion, some visual novel already exploited both with some interesting idea. For example a brother and sister having sex in a virtual world without recognizing each other because of different avatar, or a brother and sister entering in a relationship only in a virtual world, where the taboo feelings is not as strong as reality because “it isn’t real anyway”, stuff like that.

If Caribdis doesn’t want to exploit incest in this game, fine by me, still I admit the idea of incest+virtual reality+ Caribdis sounded like an interesting combo…

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
I disagree here, actually virtual reality is a very good match with incest in my opinion, some visual novel already exploited both with some interesting idea. For example a brother and sister having sex in a virtual world without recognizing each other because of different avatar, or a brother and sister entering in a relationship only in a virtual world, where the taboo feelings is not as strong as reality because “it isn’t real anyway”, stuff like that.

If Caribdis doesn’t want to exploit incest in this game, fine by me, still I admit the idea of incest+virtual reality+ Caribdis sounded like an interesting combo…
I didn't mean it that way, and I know what you're refering to (SAO). Still, it depends on how the plot goes. A character who at start doesn't know the protag may implies that the future plot in later stages of the game must take that into account.

Also, while it is virtual reality, you don't even know if the appearance will be different from "real life". It may be virtual reality, but that doesn't mean the appearance will change. If that doesn't happen virtual reality is insignificant, due to the character's appearance.

Not to mention that if I recall correctly Dalia will start the game with the MC, that's why I said she would be the only one possible for that. Applying a decent plot with incest isn't as easy as you mention, if I love the genre. And the appearance is the same it doesn't make any different if it is virtual or not.

Believe, I love incest in games, the more the merrier. But it isn't as easy as you mention, and I don't want a story ruined just to apply that. If Caribdis doesn't want that, I trust him. Oialt was a masterpiece because he was free to decide it's plot, if he says he can't apply it on this game I trust his judgement. I'm pretty sure he will do a small patch around here to please the fans if that was the case.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

ETERNUM - Sneak peek #9
Hello guys!
I really hope you're all safe and sound.
The development is going great! (I know I always say the same, but thankfully there haven't been many problems, so I can't say otherwise
I didn't know what to share for the last sneak peeks of Eternum, so I'm sharing a bit of everything ‍♀
I also did a render of Dalia that reminded me of one of the first of Judie in OiaLt. Comparing both v0.1 versions, this one has definitely improved!
If everything goes well, the update will be released in early September. I'll announce the definitive dates for each tier very soon! (Probably this week).
That's all for now, thank you for being the best supporters on Earth
Love you.
Caribdis

p (4).jpg p (1).png pp.jpg p (1).jpg p (2).jpg p (3).jpg p (5).jpg p (6).jpg p (8).jpg

Lunardis

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2021
I didn't mean it that way, and I know what you're referring to (SAO).
Actually, I was referring to i, it’s an old visual novel, and only in Japanese, so I didn’t expect a lot of people to know…

Also, while it is virtual reality, you don't even know if the appearance will be different from "real life." It may be virtual reality, but that doesn't mean the appearance will change. If that doesn't happen, virtual reality is insignificant, due to the character's appearance.
Well, I can say the same, you don’t know if the appearance will be different or not. Actually, even if it’s not, there are still huge possibilities. Take two teenagers with a strong attraction to each other, add a strong taboo blocking them from fulfilling their passion, give them a virtual world where they can do anything without any real consequence. It seems to me you have all the ingredients to make a good incest story.

Believe, I love incest in games, the more the merrier. But it isn't as easy as you mention, and I don't want a story ruined just to apply that. If Caribdis doesn't want that, I trust him. Oialt was a masterpiece because he was free to decide it's plot, if he says he can't apply it on this game I trust his judgement. I'm pretty sure he will do a small patch around here to please the fans if that was the case.
It seems you misunderstand me, I never said what Caribdis should do or not. Actually, I totally agree with you there, it’s not good to do incest just for the sake of doing it. The most important is that Caribdis create the game he wants. I just reacted when you said the plot wouldn’t be good with incest, because I disagree. Incest and virtual world can be a very good match in my opinion, it’s not the only way to make a good story of course, but it’s a way. Still, it’s just my opinion, if I didn’t manage to convince you, no problem, let’s just agree to disagree…

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Actually, I was referring to i, it’s an old visual novel, and only in Japanese, so I didn’t expect a lot of people to know…
My bad then, it was my first reference I got, even if I hated SAO.

Well, I can say the same, you don’t know if the appearance will be different or not. Actually, even if it’s not, there are still huge possibilities. Take two teenagers with a strong attraction to each other, add a strong taboo blocking them from fulfilling their passion, give them a virtual world where they can do anything without any real consequence. It seems to me you have all the ingredients to make a good incest story.
That may can happen, but it depends on how it works. Personally I don't think it feels natural, although I agree a good writing maybe overcomes this. Personally I don't agree, but if someone can make that happen, then hats off to him.

It seems you misunderstand me, I never said what Caribdis should do or not. Actually, I totally agree with you there, it’s not good to do incest just for the sake of doing it. The most important is that Caribdis create the game he wants. I just reacted when you said the plot wouldn’t be good with incest, because I disagree. Incest and virtual world can be a very good match in my opinion, it’s not the only way to make a good story of course, but it’s a way. Still, it’s just my opinion, if I didn’t manage to convince you, no problem, let’s just agree to disagree…
Of course, opinions differ. Don't worry, I respect your opinion, while you didn't convince me I accept it, it has valid points. As I said above I don't think it would work good, but again, if someone does it I will be happy about it.

On this image the amount of meat on the legs is much better on HS2. I love thin girls, but I do agree some parts made Judie look incredibly thin. Fortunely not around all game though. I think that was my only "complain" about Oialt.

Reactions: Lunardis

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
ETERNUM - [0.1]
Changelog:
- New story
- 1030+ new images
- 30+ new animations
- 9000+ new lines of code
- 28+ new music tracks
- 112+ new sound effects

Release dates:
- God Tier (BETA) - September 2 - 04:00 PM (UTC)
- Son of Astaroth Tier - September 4 - 04:00 PM (UTC)
- Master Tier - September 9 - 04:00 PM (UTC)
- Supporter Tier - September 13 - 04:00 PM (UTC)
- Public Release - September 16 - 04:00 PM (UTC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes