• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

Rouge

May 2, 2017
He had a bunch of patreons a long time ago but he made sure to run his reputation through the mud with constants redos and restarts. I don't see a reason as to why anyone would still be a patreon of his right now.
Yeah, I've been following for a very long time and was one of those Patreons you are referring to. But out of all the Patreon Developers that I am following, the ones I give my couple bucks to are the ones that communicate with their followers and actually post updates. I have one that I'm following that has a single post this year, and I believe it's because I found them here and suggested they post over there just to say "I'm not dead, ben having issues see you next year when I sort this all out"

The two that I listed above if you combine their Paying Patreons number 1100+ people for a couple thousand dollars and each one of them has a single update this year. But I agree with you that the restarts have really hurt the game, but I still follow it. I'm going to hold DrunkNescafe to his promise, two years ago he promised I'd get to play through the prison scene that the game is associated with!!

I do like the new artwork with the new version, and as long as we get updates and no more remakes the game will eventually be done. I think one more remake will kill it all together.

666dom

Jul 29, 2018
Yeah, I've been following for a very long time and was one of those Patreons you are referring to. But out of all the Patreon Developers that I am following, the ones I give my couple bucks to are the ones that communicate with their followers and actually post updates. I have one that I'm following that has a single post this year, and I believe it's because I found them here and suggested they post over there just to say "I'm not dead, ben having issues see you next year when I sort this all out"

The two that I listed above if you combine their Paying Patreons number 1100+ people for a couple thousand dollars and each one of them has a single update this year. But I agree with you that the restarts have really hurt the game, but I still follow it. I'm going to hold DrunkNescafe to his promise, two years ago he promised I'd get to play through the prison scene that the game is associated with!!

I do like the new artwork with the new version, and as long as we get updates and no more remakes the game will eventually be done. I think one more remake will kill it all together.
You are right.
But the developer needs to focus on his game, stop rebooting, update regularly, and make the game available to “the masses”. With 56 followers who have access to the game, not sure that the game will develop if it is not available on platforms like F95

alhriman

Oct 10, 2020
Hey..I paid him many many many times, cause I was playing the first version, And that was great game, then restart, for nothing and lost project...then restart and we have what...new graphic but nothing works, man I played 2 hours and got nothing, there is no single image to be worth 10 dolars. There are locked dors, NPC dont react to day or night, this game sucks and I am really angry that I paid money again to this developer...for me is Drunknescafe only fraud, not thief, but fraud...game sucks and I dont believe he will actually every finish it

Archast

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Don't take me wrong, I actually want him to finish the game, I played it a lot at the first version and liked it, but he had many, many chances to make things right and didn't, so right now while I hope he put his shit back together I don't think he will. But I'll be gladly proven wrong though.

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Why the fuck are there so many hot previews in the game menu, but then there´s nothing to do in the game lol. There is no more content after becoming president, right?

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Why the fuck are there so many hot previews in the game menu, but then there´s nothing to do in the game lol. There is no more content after becoming president, right?
The dev has restarted a few times. Lots of those reviews were for older, and frankly, far better versions then the one we have now.

Reactions: Mariano95

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
He's done a lot of previews and there are more on his discord server, none of which seem to relate to the game, so just enjoy them for what they are. I think he is well intentioned but the game at this point seems to be a side hobby. Plus if I recall he works in health care. I think expecting more than a small update every few months would be overly-optimistic.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Can you work as a security guard/policewoman like in the Promo image of the game?
Short answer - no, you can only work at coffee shop as far as I remember.

Long answer - search the thread and find yourself a download link for version 0.12c. It's from before the dev restarted the project multiple times. It has tons of more content compared to this version. And I like that model more.

D

Deleted member 2794120

This game will never be finished. There was zero reason to do a "reworked" version when the initial one was just fine.

Rouge

May 2, 2017
This game will never be finished. There was zero reason to do a "reworked" version when the initial one was just fine.
I vaguely remember trying to change to Unity, and when that didn't work out there was a computer issue where there were a lot of lost assets. But I've been promised to be able to play the prison scene, and I'm keeping him to it!

Oh and Version 0.10 is out. Not sure what's in it but another release for 2020

D

Deleted member 2794120

I vaguely remember trying to change to Unity, and when that didn't work out there was a computer issue where there were a lot of lost assets. But I've been promised to be able to play the prison scene, and I'm keeping him to it!
All devs have backups of their assets so that's a really poor excuse if he made that as an excuse. And if they didn't? Just download an old version of their own game, and take the assets. Simple. At least they kept the already made scenes that way. Heck... devs usually keep back ups of old releases in general in case they wanted to re-add a scene the removed.

Reactions: alhriman

666dom

Jul 29, 2018
OK
v8 sep 7th
v9 oct 6th
v10 9th
Maybe the dev has learned from his mistakes. We could give him a chance but this needs to have S.O to make the v10 available

Reactions: VMPHONG
D

Deleted member 2498996

can someone share saves? anyone i dont want to start all over

Last edited by a moderator:

deppenjaeger

May 23, 2017
is there a trick to get this game to run in linux? i played the original version and loved it.. and i wanted to give it a shot again after rework 728 where it looks like he has started to release something regularly again.
but its the one rpg maker version that just doesnt run with 10000000 workarounds on linux....
so... any ideas?

Reactions: panlei

J103

Sep 22, 2016
is there a trick to get this game to run in linux? i played the original version and loved it.. and i wanted to give it a shot again after rework 728 where it looks like he has started to release something regularly again.
but its the one rpg maker version that just doesnt run with 10000000 workarounds on linux....
so... any ideas?
Yeah I'm having a hard time too, performance with Wine is awful and if I replace the Windows RPGM files with the Linux files the game is incredibly broken and literally unplayable. In theory you can make it work with the option to play web games in Lutris (not the browser, that doesn't work) but I still haven't tried this last version so who knows? This is probably the most broken RPGM MV game I played and the hardest one to make work so expect the unexpected.

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes