RPGM Abandoned New Paths [v0.13a] [DrunkNescafe]

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes

johniswing512

Jan 15, 2020
every time this game is updated , i play it thinkin that this time must be better than before .
the game is full of bugs , it has a good story and anemi but it is FULL OF BUGS !!!!
not to mention the extra long time between each update .
hope the creator fix the bugs

Reactions: nickzeik

Enlightnd

May 1, 2017
every time this game is updated , i play it thinkin that this time must be better than before .
the game is full of bugs , it has a good story and anemi but it is FULL OF BUGS !!!!
not to mention the extra long time between each update .
hope the creator fix the bugs
Isn't this the game that got restarted like 3-4 times BEFORE this iteration?

Reactions: Stripes001

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
So 4 years on and we're on v0.10 and still NOBODY can figure out how to export a Mac version? And before some Mac bigot chimes in w/the very predictable "get a PC", I could frankly care less but the game promotes a Mac version on the OP, so one would expect a functioning Mac version...after 4 freaking years.

FinalZero

Apr 24, 2017
i has question how Developer sill alive all this year patreon make low money 4 to 5 years long but he still now stop working the same work again in 4 years long.
i think 4 years has pass we still can wait more 4 years to pass again soon lol.

Reactions: johniswing512

johniswing512

Jan 15, 2020
So 4 years on and we're on v0.10 and still NOBODY can figure out how to export a Mac version? And before some Mac bigot chimes in w/the very predictable "get a PC", I could frankly care less but the game promotes a Mac version on the OP, so one would expect a functioning Mac version...after 4 freaking years.
Mac version????? it is not even working on Windows man , i played this game for the first time maybe before one and a half year . and it is still 0.20 , and not playable

kerriwm25

Mar 19, 2020
3-4 times ? Now I know you are just being generous here...
That's actually pretty accurate:
(1) TOS (the kinda-slutty-redhead Suzie)
(2) Unity Initiative (the really-bad-idea Suzie)
(3) RPGM Reboot (the confused puritan Suzie)
(4) Reborn (the frequently-updated-so-far Suzie)

Reactions: Stripes001

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
I know I may not be too popular saying this, but maybe we are being a bit too hard on the developer here.

1) Yes mistakes were made and A LOT of rework has been done. A LOT.
2) Yes the game has yet to actually return to its peak level of content.
3) Yes this game in all its incarnations was a buggy mess

but

A) This version is really way less buggy than previous ones (still has plenty of bugs)
B) The developer is releasing updates pretty regularly with new content and actually fixing previous bugs.
C) The developer seems to actually be learning from their mistakes

So if things continue as they have been we could very realistically be back to a level of content similar to the peak content inside a year. And this clearly isn't a cash grab on Patreon because the amount of money they are pulling in sure isn't worth the amount of work they are putting into this game - and they haven't given up on it yet. So maybe we should be looking at the glass as 1/10 full and not as 1/3 spilled all over the floor (and that isn't intended as a backhanded compliment).

RazzleDazzle

Donor
Apr 29, 2017
Game freezes every single time I try to walk out of the school after getting class president. Can't continue the game at all because of this.

Moltn

May 4, 2017
Wait, so this game didn't die like, what, 150 years ago? lol - a buggy game and barely any updates. If an update does come out, then it seems the developer is adding more bugs rather than fixing them. Just my opinion.

Being serious now: Does the developer even stop and think about PLAYING (their) own game? It might help to pinpoint the bugs and everything since the "developer" knows what they "want" in the game. Being a developer is about testing your shit and pinpointing your mistakes and errors before releasing it to the public. It's not about making your player base suffer due to your misfortunes or lack of self control to find the mistakes yourself. Also, RPGM is fine when making a Final Fantasy / Chrono Trigger (a damn game with a combat system in place) type of game, but this game isn't showcasing that.

On another note: I wish them the best of luck and I truly do hope the developer will start testing their builds before submitting them publicly. It's smart to implement something into a game then test it out to see if it works. It'll even help if testers could run through it before the green light is given for a public release.

D

Deleted member 2498996

can somone share save after clean in chruch cant pass it it hard and where to get the magzine

galindae

Apr 24, 2018
u anyway will freeze after u give quests in school, also wait for some fix.
magazine is in shop right corner with this sign !

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I don't get it.
There was a first version of this game that was pretty fun, got pretty far. At some point got abandoned and started kind of from scratch. (I think I remember reading something the dev loosing the model or something so he had to start with a new one, not sure though)
The second version appeared, somewhat less content but you could still do stuff. There was a bike gang and some other stuff.
I return more than a year later and I play what I thought was that second version even further but I see now that it's even less content. A lot of bugs are still there. You can't visit some of the places you could before (like your friend's house).
What am I missing?

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
I don't get it.
No one does. I think this is what the dev considers reverse engineering. Starting with something somewhat complete and removing stuff from it. Brief history - start with RPGM, restart with different version of RPGM, abandon RPGM and use Unreal, abandon Unreal and return to RPGM.

1.80 star(s) 10 Votes