RecalledDread

May 24, 2018
And reading through that.. .. Now theres going to be scenes with women eventually, that are specific.. and then just "hotfixing" the current ones to now also work with women.... Just seems to me that NPC's in general.. SHOULD HAVE BEEN STANDARDIZED from the beginning. When this game started.. it was directly assumed that eventually this would happen.. It was asked about nearly from day0.. and once "donators" started "paying for content" it was an eventuality. So why wasnt the code maintained accordingly?... future proofing and everything. Now having to go back and modify all the attributes and variables for "all npcs" to match some kind of standard after the fact.. to me sounds like such wasted effort.
It absolutely should have been planned for/future proofed. Even if there was a chance the content wouldn't be added, it's just good practice to do it anyway, and saves a whole load of effort (and bugs) down the line.

grazzy

Jul 4, 2018
I really like the potential for this impregnator update. I wonder if the second time around references the first, or if it's literally just a repeat of the first with no mention of the fact that your character should already know what's up. A lot of potential here; I wonder if the author of this game will come through.

CeLezte

Sep 10, 2017
finally some good content getting added. I just wonder if the development will slowdown further at this point.

Daybyday

Jun 14, 2017
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but what platform would be the most suited to create a similar type of game as newlife? It has to be difficult since this guy is still in business.

I've considered creating a similar game myself but wouldnt really know where to start when it comes to creating this type of GUI and whatnot

ayayaomegaclap

Jan 26, 2020
Maybe this is the wrong place to ask, but what platform would be the most suited to create a similar type of game as newlife? It has to be difficult since this guy is still in business.

I've considered creating a similar game myself but wouldnt really know where to start when it comes to creating this type of GUI and whatnot
If you don't know where to start, then don't bother. Making a game like this is a programming task more so than a writing task. If you really are interested, take a look at C# (.NET) or NodeJS. For C# use Unity or WPF/WindowsForms for streamlining frontend. For Node it's all HTML which has more tools than you would ever need (Bootstrap, Foundation, Bulma, React, Angular, etc.)

.NET has incredibly useful tools and C# is a very robust language with strict typing and an easy to understand object based paradigm. JS on the other hand is extremely hacky from its roots as a purely front end tool, but ECMAScript 6 has saved it somewhat and React has smoothed the process further enabling you to deploy an application in practically no time at all.

They are both platform agnostic (C# only with Unity) and can be deployed on both desktop and web (and mobile for that matter), so you don't have to worry about that. Happy coding.

EmptyBottle

Jan 14, 2019
I guess I cant be TOO let down by this update. I remember like two years ago suggesting it would be cool to be able to style hair, along with a bunch of other things to make the PC more unique... but I imagined hair styles would be one facet of a larger update, not THE update. ugh...

Reactions: Saafi05

TerumiNin

Jan 9, 2019
Where's the story, the choices, the consequences ?
It's only meant to be played 52 weeks at a time so none of that stuff happens even if you set it to 520.
Plus saves aren't compatible so even if it did that'd be rough. Though I thought the new save system was supposed to fix that.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes