soulsacrifice

May 27, 2017
There was MORE problems found after that.
It "works".. but its leaving stuff out apparently or missing certain attributes.
So just like every Newlife update eh? I am kinda salty that the game just doesn't get any new content at all lately that is worth digging thru. And with every new scene that is released it feels like a lukewarm release with a lot of things missing. The couch ass slap scene for example has barely any dirty talk and ends with some very generic text that is the same all the time while in doggystyle you have different reactions. Don't get me started on the man going down scene or the 69 scene... And I bet the next update which might come on the 1st of June, or even worse like not at all next month, will most likely just be bugfixes for the new shitty saving system, possible way of changing your hairstyle and then a new office scene or something. And none of them will be anything important or interesting. At the end of the day People should stop paying him so he gets his ass up and actually delivers some quality content that he delivered at the start of the project where every new update felt like it was needed to round up the game.

Daygone1988

Dec 29, 2017
Been mostly a lurker in f95, been watching this for years,but now i have to write this down. The way the author has been feeding breadcrumbs to his subscribers makes me happy i didn't pay even a single hard earned dime. What made this game amazing at start was the freedom to choose what to do as in "behaviour" of your protagonist, to actually have a "new life" in a way. The choices eventually became repetitive, and in the end bordline hit, which was "new- content - needed". By new content i thought expansion of every branch that exists at the moment. Give the feeling that the game IS growing. For more than 6 months only decent thing we got was a freaking 69... Where's the story, the choices, the consequences ? Where's the content ? It's a damn text game damn it ! I took me more effort to write this in a few minutes than what any new release gets in a whole (or two) month(s) !

Ryan Waxx

Mar 5, 2018
Please rewrite that paragraph once for shy and low self-esteem characters and another time for bitchy characters and another for flirty characters, insert variables for bust size, fitness and hair color, and then insert extra text blurbs for the baby-crazy, likes-anal and cute characters, then you can tell us how writing your one paragraph is more than an update.

Overall, you're not wrong - just something to think about.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: mteir

soulsacrifice

May 27, 2017
Please rewrite that paragraph once for shy and low self-esteem characters and another time for bitchy characters and another for flirty characters, insert variables for bust size, fitness and hair color, and then insert extra text blurbs for the baby-crazy, likes-anal and cute characters, then you can tell us how writing your one paragraph is more than an update.

Overall, you're not wrong - just something to think about.
He drove himself into the corner by including 100 traits in which 98% are always ignored in some way. And then you have scenes that require some of the weirdest requirements like having a specific boyfriend with certain traits and he needs to love you and you need to love him and your money needs to be exactly 1$ on a friday (This is just an exaggeration) that getting certain scenes in a run is sometimes more a nightmare than anything else.

He doesn't even rewrite paragraphs for certain traits. He just adds a sentence for certain traits in most cases (That's why some text placements look weird in some scenes). He only writes a complete new paragraph for when the guy is coming in certain positions and for a very low variety of traits. And sometimes he just downright ignores everything and makes it as barebone as ever. Or he doesn't even revisit earlier scenes to add new flavor text for the new traits he added.

We can argue about him being lazy all day... The change in save system makes me believe tho that he might gets back on track and actually fixes his bad coding. We also have the modding community but they aren't even interested in this game that much since it still feels barebone as fuck and also because Splendidostrich doesn't even allow people to add their scenes naturally without any type of "Test custom scene" feature and without his god damn approval or nasty way of offering "his" content which is actually written by someone else so he has another month of money for doing absolutely nothing. At this point he should make the source code available for all people and abandon the project. At least in that way somebody will fix the mess and adds new meaningful stuff.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
And reading through that.. .. Now theres going to be scenes with women eventually, that are specific.. and then just "hotfixing" the current ones to now also work with women.... Just seems to me that NPC's in general.. SHOULD HAVE BEEN STANDARDIZED from the beginning. When this game started.. it was directly assumed that eventually this would happen.. It was asked about nearly from day0.. and once "donators" started "paying for content" it was an eventuality. So why wasnt the code maintained accordingly?... future proofing and everything. Now having to go back and modify all the attributes and variables for "all npcs" to match some kind of standard after the fact.. to me sounds like such wasted effort.

And yea.. having more "house/apt options", even more job choice relevance, would be nice.. but i also think.. how and why would any of that even matter, when the whole design of the game (as it currently stands) wouldnt take any of that into consideration, since everything is so event based. And its not even really DYNAMIC events.. its SPECIFIC events with only SOME variation (outside of certain event preq's for traits.. still its specific to those traits, not dynamic in anyway). And with the timeframe/action system as it is.. what would a "bigger home" do?... decrease stress? boost attraction when you pull someone home? force you to be your own maid and thus get a new maid skill and then get a job as a erotic cleaning service?... (pulled that out of no where and it that about the only "home based potential path of anything" for a "sexy game" I can think of beyond whats already in the game (if we try and scope this as both something as a result of "home and job updates" to the game).

I like the game for what it is... but in some ways its just a shell with potential, and other ways its so lacking.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
I just realized how much of an albatross feature backlog will be needed to add lesbian content to this game. So many scenes will need to be reworked, the sex mechanics, wedding, pregnancy? And with this dev's output, this will easily take all of 2021 and who knows how much of 2022.

International

Dec 9, 2019
I just realized how much of an albatross feature backlog will be needed to add lesbian content to this game. So many scenes will need to be reworked, the sex mechanics, wedding, pregnancy? And with this dev's output, this will easily take all of 2021 and who knows how much of 2022.
Spending two years re-writing scenes to enable a lesbian path sounds perfect for this dev.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes