quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Sorry to butt in, what do you expect the gameplay loop to be like while raising your child? Going day by day just seems like a chore from players POV. Just asking as I ran into such a development dilemma myself.
The way it's done in Newlife is, despite our vehement critiques, quite good. It gives you a little debuff that can be countered by skills or traits and offers a few scenes involving the kids. It works really well with the weekly turn system of this game, but might be harder to replicate in games that allow you to micromanage or directly control things. If I was to improve Newlife's system in any way it would be by adding more events to the kids (aging and being troublesome) and the father of the children (if loving more interaction with the kids, if jerks more taunting and a greater focus on entitlement).

Conundrum

Jun 3, 2017
Anyone got a steer on contents / requirements of any of the new scenes? Since nobody cares enough about this game to keep the wiki alive, or even prune the link.
The Hypnosis stuff?
You just come across the posters at one point, probably same non-existent requirements as finding a phone or getting mugged.
From that point on you have a new option for weekends, where you can call either the good guy (does what you're asking him to do) or the evil guy (will give you temporary changes to your character and traits, you get to choose from a list, usually fucks you, might force you to book more sessions with him).
Looking at the scene yml, you might need to make your own hypnotist NPCs, not sure if they're auto-generated if no custom ones exist.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Orlu

DesuDemona

May 9, 2017
Basically it's down to SO's personal preferences. They outright said early on in the development (on tfgamesite) that they'd never put outright rape into the game. Since they're the developer, that's all there is to it.

It's available to be modded in, but bitching about the lack of content you want but the developer doesn't is just pointless.
Which is ironic considering there's already plenty of content in the game that easily fits the definition of sexual assault and rape.

Reactions: anon8525

Conundrum

Jun 3, 2017
Does anyone know how to trigger the 'Jerk Friend' storyline?

Or better, have a save for it?
You need to have a good personality boyfriend, not sure what the specifics (in terms of player traits) are but I generally get it with a character with a caring, sleazy, crude boyfriend character. I think it only needs a caring or romantic personality, maybe normal works as well. Once they're your boyfriend it's random chance for him to ask to invite over his friend, then random chance each week for subsequent events.

If you want to genderbend the friend, you need to make sure to refuse and rebuff the friend at every stage, but not throw him out early in the first meeting.
IIRC, the boyfriend needs to also not have either the Doormat or Likes to Share traits. And the PC needs some amount of love for the BF before it will fire. She doesn't have to be madly in love with him, but something beyond the crush stage is required.
AFAIK, the love requirement was pretty much removed in some patch, even an Aromantic PC can get the scenes.
Here's the conditions I think are necessary:
Boyfriend with Average/Romantic/Caring personality (Selfish might actually work, not sure, hard to check see below)
BF cannot have Doormat or Likes to Share.
And here comes the annoying part: Relationship strength better than Shaky, which can take absolute ages and there's no real indication of why it won't improve.
As I've never been able to get a relationship with a Selfish guy to go beyond Shaky, I have no clue if that Personality works as well.

Oh and don't marry your BF, that stops the Jerk from appearing, as you're now living with your husband.

Reactions: Solomon Grundy

Nitan17

Dec 16, 2016
Looking at the scene yml, you might need to make your own hypnotist NPCs, not sure if they're auto-generated if no custom ones exist.
They do get auto-generated if you didn't make your own hypnotist NPCs.

And I got the posters scene the very first week, it's really easy to access hypno scenes, a nice change of pace from the ridiculously specific event requirements we usually get.

Reactions: Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
And here comes the annoying part: Relationship strength better than Shaky, which can take absolute ages and there's no real indication of why it won't improve.
As I've never been able to get a relationship with a Selfish guy to go beyond Shaky, I have no clue if that Personality works as well.
In my experience the quickest way to improve the relationship score is with lots of great sex. If the guy and the PC aren't compatible for some reason, he's bad in bed, he likes big tits and hers are small, or she likes toned guys and he's flabby or something, then that makes it a bit harder to improve. Overall though, I've found the biggest hurdle to improving relationships is when she has the Bitchy trait, even if she's always nice to the guy in question.

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
The Hypnosis stuff?
You just come across the posters at one point, probably same non-existent requirements as finding a phone or getting mugged.
From that point on you have a new option for weekends, where you can call either the good guy (does what you're asking him to do) or the evil guy (will give you temporary changes to your character and traits, you get to choose from a list, usually fucks you, might force you to book more sessions with him).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Fantastic, thanks, seems surprisingly simple.

cyrops

Nov 1, 2020
The way it's done in Newlife is, despite our vehement critiques, quite good. It gives you a little debuff that can be countered by skills or traits and offers a few scenes involving the kids. It works really well with the weekly turn system of this game, but might be harder to replicate in games that allow you to micromanage or directly control things. If I was to improve Newlife's system in any way it would be by adding more events to the kids (aging and being troublesome) and the father of the children (if loving more interaction with the kids, if jerks more taunting and a greater focus on entitlement).
Haven't played Newlife myself, but thank you for your answer. Indeed growing kids seems only to work as a 'side game'.

tejito

May 6, 2021
hola, la verdad no se como se puede jugar este juego, solo veo letras o solo es un juego de chat?

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Which is ironic considering there's already plenty of content in the game that easily fits the definition of sexual assault and rape.
Oh, I'm fully aware that any of the drunk sex scenes are really rape by any modern definition. Especially when the MC is blackout drunk and the guy is just buzzed (very easy to do in game with a jerk guy, buying strong drinks for the MC and beers for himself). It's a bit mitigated in that the player has to actually put the MC in that position / choose to go that route, but many still fit the definition of rape.

The main thing was that SO isn't going to put anything that outright calls it rape, more explicitly rape scenes (IE the mugger forcing sex), or trauma lines during the sex acts in (which a lot of the rape fetishists want, from what I can tell.)

Reactions: kcj300

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Oh, I'm fully aware that any of the drunk sex scenes are really rape by any modern definition. Especially when the MC is blackout drunk and the guy is just buzzed (very easy to do in game with a jerk guy, buying strong drinks for the MC and beers for himself). It's a bit mitigated in that the player has to actually put the MC in that position / choose to go that route, but many still fit the definition of rape.

The main thing was that SO isn't going to put anything that outright calls it rape, more explicitly rape scenes (IE the mugger forcing sex), or trauma lines during the sex acts in (which a lot of the rape fetishists want, from what I can tell.)
Strangely, mugger never demanded sex to any of my plays.

Discordia

Nov 4, 2017
Would be pretty hot if the mugger happened to be a rapist as well. lol But I guess that specific scene isn't even moddable, since it's hard-coded into the game...? So no one will be able to not only add sex, but non-con sex to it...? And I know you can thank a possible man that saves you from the mugger with sex -- it's not the lack of sex in the scene, it's the missed opportunity to make the scene better by making the mugger a possible rapist, which, honestly, would even be realistic.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Strangely, mugger never demanded sex to any of my plays.
I know, my point is that (outside of mods) the mugger will never be a rapist based on SO's stance on what he's willing to add to the game. That's just one example of more obviously / unambiguously rape that could be in the game, except that SO doesn't want them in the game.

There's at least one fan scene that has a rapist mugger, which was linked here some time ago.

Mallee

Aug 24, 2017
Oh, I'm fully aware that any of the drunk sex scenes are really rape by any modern definition.
And the scenes where the MC asks to slow down and the NPC just fucks them harder, with text implying the intent is to intentionally hurt them, and the scenes where they're filmed without consent, etc. The scene where the jerk blackmails the MC into sex is also questionable. And let's not forget the scenes where the MC helps their SO intentionally get someone pregnant without their knowledge, especially when the NPC has to be nearly blackout to have sex in the first place. If any of that happened IRL, it would be assault.

These might not be technically rape, but they are sexual crimes in many places, including the U.K. And that explicitly goes against his claims that he won't include unwilling content or anything that might be considered a crime IRL in the game.

Like, I'm not complaining, to be clear. I'm a filthy pervert and love that content in particular. But let's not pretend that the only questionable scenes in the game are the ones where the MC is drunk. SO is honestly kind of ridiculous with his posturing about not including rape content in the game. He's already crossed the line.

It is his game, yes, and he can do whatever he wants with it. It's just annoying to see his reasoning given the official content lol. Including his insistence that "only noncon" can be in addons, not other kinks (although maybe he's walked that back, he said it a few years ago).

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes