mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Update 3.0:

Add a hardware store hangout so in about 20 updates there can be an event where the neighbor is buying a saw to get around the fence or pull a shining if the PC is timid/shy.

Half kidding aside, I really don't know why I keep swinging back to this occasionally and have some chuckles (this thread aside). Even if messing around with the public version I text edit a save file and change the 'gamelength' variable to insane number so it keeps going until I get tired of that particular mess around. Given enough time and patience can do almost anything with since the save files are basic json files with horrid formatting as far as my editing apps are concerned... but that's too much like work.
It's still got one of the best clothing interaction systems, so if clothes is one of your kinks this game is pretty special
I think there's only Lilith's Throne and DoL that come close

International

Dec 9, 2019
ok i didn't want to wait for someone here you go
Changelog from SO's blog:

This release adds npc-dominant strap-on sex, a scene that won a recent vote for lesbian sex content over on patreon.

Major changes & additions:

• Added a new sex scene where a lesbian partner penetrates you with a strap-on. This can be initiated from a lying makeout when both you and your partner have bared lower bodies. The PC can initiate it if she's bought a strapon via the shopping interface and the NPC can do so if she owns one (which is based on character type, virginity and a random element).​

Minor changes:

• Updated the save-name change from 0.7.8. Now the default name will be used only if it's the first time saving a particular game OR if the previous save used the default name format. If you chose a filename yourself then it'll be saved as the default for that game.​
Bugfixes:

• Fixes to text issues. Thanks to Kitsune and Bill Nye for reporting some of these.​
  • Fixed a problem reported by Saint Destiny and Mister B where the raceData file wasn't loading in Linux.​

Reactions: AlsoLime

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I don't know what exactly do you mean here. But if you mean like starting as a girl which is instead turned into a male, that is actually something which I'd quite like to see. These kind of TF games are very, very often with a male who is turned into a female. I'm ok with this, but I noticed that sadly instead the inverse in these kind of games is almost unheard of, despite all the potential that also this kind of situation would present, both for just smut and sex and fetish, and also for more serious stories in games in which the game developers aren't using just an excuse plot but are writing a real plot with a fleshed out MC and other characters. In any case, indeed, to now change suddenly and add such option would require quite a lot of work and it would be absurd to expect it to be added in this game at this point, almost impossible. Besides I don't think the developer would be interested anyway. But still I'd like one day to see such a game, possibly one with also a very good plot.

Anyway, another thing, now related to this game, even if, again, I'm not really sure it could be added since this also would require quite a lot of work to be added at this point, but a feature I'd like to see added in future on this game would be for characters, included the MC, both before and after the transformation, to have a definite sexual orientation instead to see every guy as straight and every girl as essentialy bi. I'd like to see situations in which, according to the characters' sexuality, the scenes play in different ways according to the respective orientations of the characters. And so maybe to see refusal of relationship after a character reveal to not like you in that way because they are gay, lesbian or also straight in case it's the MC trying to woo a girl which is revelead to only like men. Or also cases in which when the MC is trying to pair their friends, it's then revelead that they don't like the partner choosen and so they now have to choose differently with a restricted choice pool. Or also maybe the kind of people with which your boyfriend could cheat on you. So not only girls but also other guys if he's bisexual. But again, I'm not really expecting to see this, for all the things it would requires to be added like the fact that it should require a lot of new scenes or changing current scenes, and even to add a parameter that makes straight guys and straight girls more probable to spawn, more or less at 90% each (with maybe an option to change this if so preferred).

Instead, more probable things I'd like to see in future, is for future updates to add the possibility to buy also shoes, so high heels, ballet shoes and so on, as clothing option. All of them with their stats. Then another thing would be for accessories also, which I'd really like to be seen. So things like bracelets, purses, necklaces, hats, gloves, glasses and so on, of course them also with their stats. Regarding the last, maybe also a trait for characters who use glasses to see so that it's then required to add them to the outfit if the MC has this trait. Another thing would be something like new personalities. I'd really like for example to see a goth option. And finally I'd really like that it'd be added also different kind of heights for the characters. For example for the MC and females something like very short, short, medium-short, medium-tall and tall and for males instead something like short, medium-short, medium-tall, tall and very tall. With also different kind of preferences for the characters like there are for breasts, so for example traits like, prefers people of the same height, shorter than them or taller than them.
That's a lot to ask for very little gain, I think. And the way you put it, I think you can see that too. In addition, I suspect many players would be uninterested in several of these so a lot of work put into the game would be willfully ignored by those players.

I haven't played Newlife in, oh I don't know, in two years at least but there were already a ton of minutiae present in the game. Most of which had very little impact in the actual game itself. Other minor details like height or clothing options to represent goth or whatever, or heck your suggestions of sexual orientation can all be encompassed via a little imagination or directly through a natural playthrough of the game reflected by your choices made. There's no need to bury the dev under more busy work (everyone has their own opinions here so let's just all be diplomatic, alright?) when fleshing out bigger scenes and scenarios (not just sex scenes) and the progression of the overall plot should take priority. After all, this game has been live since before the F95 site and it's still a WIP with little meaningful change to it since around the time the dev started to implement user-submitted content several years ago.

I respect your opinion and I don't want to dissuade you from voicing your suggestions, but as you say much of what you suggested would be improbable and tough to implement (and that's if the dev would be interested in doing so in the first place). It was a nice post though. Cheers!

Pambambiram

Dec 14, 2018
Holy shit a new update for Newlife dropped I'm LITERALLY shaking in excitement fuck man I've been waiting since the start of the year for this finally I got my 1 strap-on sex scene and the long-awaited save-name change damn almost thought that one would be delayed for next year but lucky me haha

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes